New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

[Watchtower - Garden]

Sakura turns Laela around to face Cessie. When the baby sees Cessie's hand, she reach out and tries to grab her finger.

"I don't know. It just feels right, you know? She's my beautiful little girl and I couldn't even imagine life without her anymore." Sakura looks down at her child and smiles. A moment later she looks back up at Cessie, a concerned look on her face. She can guess where this is going. "How are the twins doing?"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

The sorceress first smiles at the infant, letting Laela grab her finger.
    "They're healthy, no problems whatsoever." Cessie replies, pausing briefly as the dryad probably already knew what was coming next. "I just thought things would work themselves out by themselves once they had been born you know? That I would instantly feel a connection to them..." She pauses again, unsure what to say for a moment. "...and I do, they're my children after all. I just seem to have a hard time accepting that fact for some reason." She closes her eyes and sigh, lifting her finger slightly to see how hard the baby can grab.

"They still feel alien to me. I don't know what to do. I want to love them as much as you love Laela."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-20 at 11:07 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Well..." Sakura bites her lip. She wishes she could understand how Cessie feels, but it's hard. "I know I've barely been separate from Laela since she was born. Maybe just give it some time. Spend as much time with them as you can. I don't think you have to worry too much. I mean, you want to feel closer to them. It might just take a bit longer."

4. - Top - End - #64

[Watchtower - Garden]

Cessie nods slowly, "I've heard that touch is important for bounding. I tried to talk to Harnel about it but he didn't give me an answer. Maybe I have been separated from them too long physically?" She suggests.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Yeah, that sounds right. I mean, Laela is always grabbing and touching things. And besides, who wouldn't want to hold such adorable babies as we have?" Sakura smiles wide.

Speaking of Laela grabbing things, the baby tugs on Cessie's finger and leans toward her. If Cessie does nothing to stop it, The little fey will stick her finger in her mouth.

6. - Top - End - #66

[Watchtower - Garden]

Cessie, deep in her own thoughts don't even notice Laela sticking her finger into her mouth until it's too late. She can't help to just smile at this however as she carefully tries to remove it from the baby's mouth.

"I guess that's the problem, I have barely touched them since they were put into my lap once they had been born." She admits, still looking down at Laela.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Where are they now?" Sakura asks. She looks a bit relieved for Cessie's sake that they at least have something to go on now. She knows just how much this has been bothering her friend.

Laela will have to content herself with not sticking something in her mouth for the moment it seems. She's still keep a grip on Cessie's finger if she can, though.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-05-20 at 05:13 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

[Watchtower - Garden]

"In the keep, with Harnel. He's spending far more time with them then me really." Cessie replies, giving the baby a slight tug. "And while on that subject... I've been considering..." The mage pauses, seemingly having a hard time saying the word. "...you know, that thing you do with Laela. If only for the bounding effect which I have heard about. I'm afraid it will be rather uncomfortable thought."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

That thing? "You mean breastfeeding?" Sakura asks. "It's not really that bad at all. I guess it's not comfortable, but it doesn't hurt. You should give it a try at least once." She says encouragingly.

10. - Top - End - #70

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Yeah, we'll see." Cessie replies, refusing to give an clear answer. "Hopefully being closer to them will work though, being a mother is a lot harder then I thought and I know quite a bit about mothers. Nearly all my siblings have families after all. Just Tyra and Gem that still are childless."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Heh, I guess there's nothing like experiencing it for yourself." Sakura says. Laela finally lets go of Cessie's finger, just so she can put her own thumb in her mouth. "It's definitely a lot more tiring than I thought."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Halfling in the Playground

Training Ground - Mia + Cornelia Now with cats!

"Whatcha mean, dodn't work?" Cornelia has never encountered a situation that couldn't be solved with gratuitous amounts of gunfire. "Like, somethin' I can't shoot, or somethin' I shoun't shoot? What?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Training Grounds Mia-Cornelia-Cat

And yes Mia is ignoring the cat. She assumes the cat is talking about the fact that humans don't live so long.
    You know what they say about assumptions...

"If you ask me, it's a good thing if hostages get shot once in a while. Gets them out of their complacency."
    Lick, lick. Just an ordinary cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

[Traning Groundd]

Wenomir watches Harnel and Pat spar with interest. It's curious how Nexus denizens with more than four limbs use the extra ones in combat. It's purely theoretical interest on his part, of course. He's not going to get himself any extra limbs.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-05-21 at 09:50 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #75

[Watchtower - Garden]

The sorceress nods in agreement, "Yes, with all my projects I'm very glad Harnel helps me taking care of COra and Bastion. He have seemed distracted as well lately though. He got some sort of project with Remnant and Watchtower which takes up his time." She pauses. "So what is Adir doing? It have been some time since I last saw him."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Oh yeah, we've both been pretty busy with Laela and the house and stuff. He's doing good, though. We just went on a picnic the other day. Oh, and I have some news." Sakura pauses, her excitement growing more evident. "We're gonna have another baby. Adir actually asked if I wanted to have another soon, and we're gonna do it."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Tower]

In another timeline, Wenomir appears to be searching through the armoury's supply of axes, picking on longer, two-handed ones and trying them out.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #78

[Watchtower - Garden]

Cessie raises an eyebrow, "Another? I guess it can't be much worse then the two I got from one pregnancy andI always suspected you'd end up with a big family." She grins. "Still, I never expected Adir to ask for it, not this soon either."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

"I know. I was so surprised." Sakura's face splits in a big grin. "He said before that he'd be happy to have more kids, but I wasn't quite sure if it was for my sake."

[Entrance => Training Tower]

Approaching the base is a man of short and stout stature. Very short because he is a dwarf. His beard is a magnificent example of it's kind. It is sleek and blond and is gathered in one tight braid that reached down to his belt. His hair is likewise blond and almost as neatly groomed. His clothing consists of a fine blue tunic, leather breeches, a wide brimmed hat, and sturdy boots. He has some armour consisting of a capeline under his hat, a shirt of chainmail, and gauntlets. Slung across his back is a pack bulging at the seams. On his back, attached to his pack, and at his belt are several different kinds of weapons, mostly axes.

"Well, Urist, this looks like the place." The dwarf says to the crow perched on top of his hat. "Good, strong walls too." He looks around briefly before heading toward the Training Tower.

And look at that, he doesn't even bother to consider that he shouldn't just be exploring the place on his own. Oh well, he doesn't get far before coming across Wenomir. "Interested in axes there boy?" He inquires loudly.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Tower]

Wenomir abruptly turns around when he hears someone enter and address him. Then it turns out this someone is a dwarf.
    Wha- who are you?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Tower]

"You can call me Yazon." The dwarf says as he moves toward Wenomir. "This is Watchtower, right? Bit of a hike to get here." The crow on his head squawks at Wenomir. "Don't mind Urist here. He's a bit testy."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Tower]

Wenomir lowers the axe he was holding as he peers at Yazon.
    This is Watchtower, yes. And I'm Wenomir, one of the people in charge here. What business do you have with us?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Tower]

"To sign up of course." Yazon says and nods his head. Urist barely manages to get off the hat before it start bobbing up and down. He screeches his displeasure. "Seems like the best place to put my skills to work around these parts, and I suspect I'll be around for a good while."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Tower]

Hmm. Sign up, you say. Well, apocalypses have been dry lately, but we've been talking about branching out so there's something to do for everyone. What sort of skills do you have? Wenomir asks as he rests the axe against the wall.

25. - Top - End - #85

Training Grounds Mia-Cornelia-Cat

No I don't. Oh and ordinary cat's don't talk.
    Mia just looks at the cat most likly annoyed.

"And my question remains who are you cat?"

She then turns back to Cornelia.

"Sometimes you shouldn't use gun befor diplomacy and sometimes your enemys may not getting hurt by your abilities. How well do you work in team?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Training Ground]

Good enough Harnel thinks to himself. He had his opening, and he was going to take it, as his right hand leaves the grip of his sword.

As Pat's hand comes up, She'll find Harnel grabbing her wrist - likely getting in the way of the glue spray if successful. If he does manage to grab her, He'll swing the ant woman over his head to slam her into the ground behind him - after she tanked the blow to the head, Harnel's not really concerned that this would really hurt her.
    Training Grounds

To most, this would be seen as an "Oh Crap." kinda moment, but for Pat, she can't help but smile beneath her faceplate as she goes sailing through the air. Her light 80lb frame was literally just a mass of muscle, chitin, and a few major organs. Other than some extremely powerful connective tissue, she lacked bones completely, meaning her movement was only restricted by the way her exoskeleton and musculature was built.

In this case, it meant she was extremely agile and flexible.

She allows their hands to get stuck together by the powerful glue(she had a solvent too that she could use), and simply completes the flip to land on her feet. As she does so, she spins the sword in her hand and attempts to smash the pommel onto the top of Harnel's contorted shoulder, trying to dislocate it. With the forces involved, it might even break the shoulder, but she doubted it.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Tower]

"I know a bit about stone and metal working. Father was big on that sort of thing and you can't help but pick up some here and there. I've served as a merc and in a couple different militias. Been fighting a good chunk of my life. Heck, I can probably use that axe you got there better than you can." Yazon says the last with a wry grin.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Watchtower - Garden]

Cessie chuckles, "Next I want more children then Harnel." Now that would be something. "I can just imagine it now, you will end up with at least ten little fey children sleeping in your house. Even larger then my family."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Oh boy. We'd need more rooms. We only have three for the kids right now." The dryad giggles. "Adir actually changed it so it was three instead of two. Where did I find such a perfect husband?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Training Grounds

To most, this would be seen as an "Oh Crap." kinda moment, but for Pat, she can't help but smile beneath her faceplate as she goes sailing through the air. Her light 80lb frame was literally just a mass of muscle, chitin, and a few major organs. Other than some extremely powerful connective tissue, she lacked bones completely, meaning her movement was only restricted by the way her exoskeleton and musculature was built.

In this case, it meant she was extremely agile and flexible.

She allows their hands to get stuck together by the powerful glue(she had a solvent too that she could use), and simply completes the flip to land on her feet. As she does so, she spins the sword in her hand and attempts to smash the pommel onto the top of Harnel's contorted shoulder, trying to dislocate it. With the forces involved, it might even break the shoulder, but she doubted it.
    [Training Grounds]

Given that Harnel would need to turn to the side to slam Pat into the ground , he'll have turned sideways to complete the maneuver, and thus will have the opportunity to see the pommel coming towards him. Taking advantage of the fact that he's still holding her left hand, Harnel will twist Pat swiftly putting her left arm in the path of her pommel strike - logic dictates that this would cause the majority of her body to move, throwing off the direction of the strike.

This will potentially cause her enough trouble that when Harnel's tail comes up from below to quickly wrap around her neck, it may very well succeed.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.