New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

[Obstacle Course]

With the track slowed, Yazon is able to power his way around it and finish. He takes a moment to catch his breath before saying. "Not much for running."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-05-24 at 03:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

I can see that, Wenomir says from behind his console. But it wasn't so bad. Now, on to the next challenge, he adds, pressing another button.
    The obstacle course in front of Yazon shifts, revealing a fairly shallow pool of water, with rocks sticking above the surface. They're constantly sinking and emerging again, rather quickly. Yazon might notice that there's a predictable pattern to them, depending on how perceptive he is.
    Get to the other side without touching the water, Wenomir instructs.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

"You're doing this on purpose, aren't you." Yazon isn't a fast dwarf, and that's compared to other dwarves. None the less, he moves over to the pool. He watches how they move for a moment, then steps onto the first one. He does alright for a bit, but the stones are shifting a bit too quickly. He has to sidestep quickly to not get wet, but after a few more steps of forward progress he steps on a stone just as it sinks. The dwarf curses, but gets to the other side without another incident.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Garden]

"That would be wonderful, you will be aunt Sakura to them in a few years." Cessie says with a smile. "We'll probably confuse them though considering neither of us will look a day older then we gave birth to them." She chuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    New Infirmary

Yes. Let us say that KR is available, and that New Person Who I Have Also Forgotten The Name Of can step in at any time.

Darcy brings the gnolls into the infirmary, and on seeing KR says, "These two suddenly sprouted wings. The sister was previously infected with demon poison, but the brother wasn't. We need to know how far the demons have been involved and whether they're being corrupted."

Then in a lower voice. "Also, there's Ilpholin. We'll need to talk about her soon." Presumably Wenomir has brought KR up to date on Ilpholin's demonification? Anyway, as dear as Ilpholin is to Darcy, she considers the gnolls the more urgent problem, as there might be a chance to prevent them being corrupted. Whereas Ilpholin is already gone, and a few more days probably won't make much difference.
    New Infirmary

The two gnolls look worried to say at least. Holding together closely they look around in Watchtower in fear of all these new strange things.
    "Dark one curse." The brother insists. "Their power corrupt land around, killing it. Turning it to darkness." He shudders at the thought, his sister staring down at the floor silently.

That now a great deal of gnolls over outside had spurted wings might be learned of sooner or later. If KR would try to identify the curse she will learn it's much more than an enchantment. It's a change in the very fabric of reality. Whatever did this must have been very powerful, and a demon. Because that's what it is, demonic magic.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-24 at 04:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

I want to evaluate all your skills. Quickness just happened to be the first on the list, Wenomir says as he fiddles with the console again. The next challenges might prove to me a little more up your alley.
    The obstacle course shifts again, this time erecting a vertical wall in front of Yazon. The wall is about as tall as a one storey building and is equipped with handholds all the way to the top.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

"Hm..." The dwarf wipes his hands on his breaches. He grans a hand hold and starts pulling himself up. His powerful arms mean he has little trouble with pulling his weight up. The trouble is that his arms are so short. He gets to the top pretty easily, but he would have been quite a bit quicker if he was a foot taller or so. "Much better." He bellows from the top.

[Garden]

Sakura giggle along with her. "Yeah, that might be weird." Sakura wouldn't know from personal experience, not having parents in the sense most people do.

Of course, growing up with parents that don't age might mean that it's not weird to them at all. Sakura doesn't come to any of there observations, though.

7. - Top - End - #127

[Garden]

Well, I imagine it possibly could be awkward if your parents still look like they are around 24 when you're around thirty-forty, or in your teens but for entirely different reasons depending on your parent.

"No matter, just tell me when you think it's okay we come over and we can have a little evening both families together."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-25 at 06:55 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

New Infirmary

"Do we still have dragon bone? Perhaps that can reverse this," Darcy suggests.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

"I can't wait." The dryad says with a grin. She glances upward briefly. "Oh right." She gets to her feet, depositing Laela in the crook of her arm. "I gotta go see Adir. Talk to you later." And if Cessie has no reason to stop her, she'll head off to track down Adir. Probably rejoining continuity at their house.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Obstacle Course]

"Hm..." The dwarf wipes his hands on his breaches. He grans a hand hold and starts pulling himself up. His powerful arms mean he has little trouble with pulling his weight up. The trouble is that his arms are so short. He gets to the top pretty easily, but he would have been quite a bit quicker if he was a foot taller or so. "Much better." He bellows from the top.
    I thought you'd like it, Wenomir says as he fiddles with the console again. The obstacle course widens, becoming a small field littered with rocks. A ladder also appears so Yazon can get down there. Behind some of the rocks in the field are mannequins of goblins armed with crossobws - four of them in total. Right under the ladder are deposited an axe and a shield.
    Try to reach the mannequins and hit them without getting shot, Wenomir says. The mannequins will shoot non-lethal bolts at you.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

Yazon climbs down and takes up the axe and shield. He swings experimentally a couple times to test the weapon's balance. He nods once, then starts moving toward the nearest mannequin. He stays mostly behind the rocks so he can easily cover the rest of his body with his shield. It's slow going, but one by one he'll cut down each of the goblins with a single swing.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

Once the goblin mannequins are gone - they're pulled underground after being hit - Wenomir nods approvingly.
    Pretty good. Now, for the last test.
    The obstacle course turns into a racing track and a weighed backpack appears.
    Try to run as long as you can with this heavy load. You don't have to run fast, just try to keep doing it as long as possible.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

"Should be easy enough." Yazon scoops up the backpack and slings it's over his back. The pack he arrived with weighs more and was bigger than this one. Then he sets off along the track at a steady pace. When he doesn't have to push himself too hard he can cover a lot of ground. It'll be a good while before he has to stop. Hopefully Wenomir doesn't get bored.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

Wenomir watches Yazon run. Hrm. Should've had the obstacle course provide a heavier backpack. Oh well. After a while, but before Yazon is tired, he says:
    Not bad. Let me crank it up a notch.
    He presses a button and small obstacles emerge from the racing track. Yazon will have to hop over them, which should increase the difficulty.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

And here I thought that dwarves were meant to be natural sprinters. Very dangerous across short distances.

Hospital

As Darcy and the gnolls enter, KR looks up from her tinkering, and as Darcy starts to explain what's happened she immediately moves towards the gnolls and attempts to use magic to determine what's happened, likely finding out what has already been mentioned if she doesn't scare the gnolls away with her abrupt manner. She listens with seeming calmness to Darcy as she casts her spells, and when Darcy asks about the dragonbone, she answers.
    "I believe so, but I don't think it will help in this case. This doesn't seem to be like the previous cases of demonic corruption." She says, a barely perceptible trace of concern creeping into her voice, meaning of course that she's really freakin' worried. Reality Warping is srs bznz, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

Hopefully the obstacles aren't too high. Jumping is not a talent of his. Otherwise, while it's more difficult and he'll tire more quickly, he'll manage to keep going for a little while longer without falling on his face.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

The obstacles aren't very high. They're there to break the routine of the run.
    Pretty good. I think it can be safely said you've passed the test. You seem capable enough, Wenomir says as the elements of the obstacle course fold back.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

"Good to hear." The dwarf heads over to stand before Wenomir. "Is that all I need to join then?"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

You're now free to join as a Watchman Initiate, yes. You'll become a full Watchman once you prove yourself by partcipating in a Watchtower mission while accompanying a full member, Wenomir explains.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

Yazon nods. "Right, sign me up." Of course, he needs to sign himself up. He doesn't know that the form exists though.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Yes'm. I'll try to work on that," Cornelia says with a smile. She leans forward, batting her eyelashes at Mia. "Iffin, o'course, I can join."
    [Training Grounds]

Mia seems confused by the batting. she isn't really sure if Cornelia tries to lure her or so. She doesn't even know if Cornelia goes for men or woman.

"Well I think that may be possible. I just would ask you to come with me for medical exam, please."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Obstacle Course]

Yazon nods. "Right, sign me up." Of course, he needs to sign himself up. He doesn't know that the form exists though.
    Yeah, just fill this out, Wenomir hands him the membership form he'd prepared before the test. Just a formality.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

The dwarf nods and takes he sheet.

Name: Yazon Skała
    Sex: Male
    Species: Dwarf
    Profession: Soldier
    Reason for joining WATCHTOWER: Seemed like a good job while I'm here.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to WATCHTOWER: Skills with a few different kinds of axes as well as crossbows. Some knowledge of smithing and stonemasonry.
    Other Information: Nothing here.
    "And there you go." He hands the form back.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-05-26 at 04:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

Alright then... welcome onboard, Wenomir says. Noone has tried to end the world lately, so we do other things to keep ourselves busy. There's been talk about providing weapons training to the population and cooperating with Remnant... they're the Nexus' biggest military formation... for training and exchange of experience.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

"Suppose I could teach some people to use axes if they're interested. Can't say I have much experience teaching, but there's only one way to get it." Yazon replies.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

We also keep an eye out on smaller-scale threats and deal with them as necessary... so keep your eyes peeled for anything that might threaten the people of the Nexus, Wenomir explains.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obstacle Course]

Yazon nods. "Right, figured there'd be things like that for us to do. I'll keep it in mind. I think I'm going to get settled in for now. Where are our rooms?" Assuming Wenomir gives him directions, the dwarf will retrieve his belongings and head to his room to get unpacked.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Once Pat stops thrashing about, Harnel will release the grip of his tail on her neck, though not on her arm, as that's still glued on. He doesn't pay the acid any mind, and merely winces when his tail is bitten - she was just venting now, and wouldn't be trying to kill her potential teacher.

Using the hand that's glued to Pat's arm, he'll help her stand up, and say, "You did quite well. I've never had that much trouble with a beginner before, and your movements suggest a lot of talent."

A little bit of a praise can go a long way towards lightening a mood, especially after someone's been trounced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Training Grounds]

When the duel is over, Wenomir nods solemnly.
    That was impressive, he says.
    Training Grounds

Pat accepts the help up, more out of the fact that she had to until she lets some solvent leak from her wrist to get rid of the glue than the fact that she wanted it. In all honesty, she was frustrated. She had expected that her strength would be something unusual for the Dragonborn, but it had been the opposite. She, a marvel of her own biological engineering, couldn't overpower a single person. Sure, he was unusual in his strength, but he couldn't be the only one around. There were likely dozens, if not hundreds of people like him in the area, and if she couldn't combat a single one...

What would happen to her Lord if one decided to go against him and she couldn't stop him?

The thought both bothered her and annoyed her deeply. Sure, she could always use ranged weapons and superior numbers, but anyone going against Magtok would likely be prepared for such, possibly with an army on their side. It all came down to a simple fact.

She wasn't good enough yet.

Luckily for her though, her annoyed look is hidden by her armored mandibles once again. "I should have been able to read you better. Be more prepared for what you threw at me." She admits, being careful to hide her true feelings on the matter. "But I'm guessing that is something that comes with practice."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Mia seems confused by the batting. she isn't really sure if Cornelia tries to lure her or so. She doesn't even know if Cornelia goes for men or woman.

"Well I think that may be possible. I just would ask you to come with me for medical exam, please."
    No, the batting was merely intended to make her seem innocent and without bias for her own cause. Not to be taken seriously. The gunsmith puts her hands on her hips, pursing her lips at Mia, "Arright. Let's go," She says, probably heading over to the Infirmary with Mia.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"It is. You have a lot of talent for fighting, but training and experience is necessary to be capable of really handling a strong opponent. Don't take this too hard though - I've been fighting since I was... five years old? Regardless, I've been doing this a long time." Harnel won't move as Pat applies the solvent, "You have flexibility and power though. I think what you need is to understand fighting styles, and learn a few for yourself. Would you agree, Wenomir?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.