New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir nods.
    I would. You have plenty of strength and speed, he says, turning to Pat, and your anatomy helps. But combat styles, reflexes and reading the flow of combat need to be taught, and then honed in practice. He pauses. The Riddle of Steel philosophy calls it the contrast between Flesh and Steel, or rather what you start with and what you earn and master.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-05-27 at 02:39 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post

"I believe so, but I don't think it will help in this case. This doesn't seem to be like the previous cases of demonic corruption." She says, a barely perceptible trace of concern creeping into her voice, meaning of course that she's really freakin' worried. Reality Warping is srs bznz, yo.
    Hospital

(I apologize about the pause in posting, grew slightly confused as to who I was suppossed to be looking for)

"Um, excuse me..." Calude pipes in very softly, "What type of demon are we talking about. I have done some study on demonic injuries and might be able to be of assisstance. If you want my help then you will half to tell me everything and anything, at this point I am woefully ignorant of the ailment." Claude says moving up to get a good look at the patient.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Pat almost relies to Harnel when what Wenomir says catches her attention, making her curious. "Riddle of steel? What is it exactly?" She asks, feeling the need to learn more about it, if only so she wouldn't be in the dark any longer.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Harnel remains quiet, letting Wenomir speak. the demon hunter could probably describe something like that much better than he could. Besides, Harnel is curious about the particulars.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir is silent at first, thinking it over and stroking his chin. It's a philosophy of sorts. Noone is sure where it originated from, but it transcends cultures and is about seeking the "Riddle of Steel". It represents the pinnacle of martial accomplishment. Some treat the Riddle as a physical, actual thing - some sort of esoteric knowledge that can be found. Others treat it as an ideal to strive for. Regardless of what one imagines the Riddle to be, the road to it is supposed to be about perfection of self and overcoming weaknesses and challenges. He pauses. The important part is "self". The Riddle of Steel can only be found if you master the art of battle and conquer the challenges on your path yourself, with your skill and steel. As such, magic of any sort is considered to detract you from the path to the Riddle. Now, as for the Flesh and Steel contrast - Flesh is what you start with, or are given. Steel is what you earn and forge in battle like steel is forged in fire. Steel marks Flesh, but Flesh can't mark Steel. It's one of the universal, core tenets. Wenomir shrugs. That's the abridged version, anyway. There's a lot more, and it changes depending on the given practicioner's culture.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-05-28 at 06:09 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hospital

The brother gnoll looks up at Calude suspiciously, "What will you do? What we tell you? Suddenly wings grow out. Is that not enough? Why you must look all over us now?"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Pat listens carefully to the philosophy. It certainly intrigued her to say the least, but there was a nagging question. "Would I be considered Magic in the terms of the Riddle?" She asks.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Hospital

The brother gnoll looks up at Calude suspiciously, "What will you do? What we tell you? Suddenly wings grow out. Is that not enough? Why you must look all over us now?"
    (where is the description of the wings and stuff?)

"I will do what I can to help, I only want to help." Claude says in the most professional tone he could go into such a hectic scenario, "I am looking at you so I can understand how to help...How long ago did this happen." Claude is hectically going through his entire mind about the few time in the military that he had to deal with anything demonic, all he knows is that magic usually has to be cured with magic at this point.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

[Path]

And Shawna comes up the path torwards the Wall and WATCHTOWER itself. Possibly with her new friend in tow.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Path]

Indeed with a new friend, Amelia, following behind Shawna looking impressed by the fortress.

Nice place you got here.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    No, the batting was merely intended to make her seem innocent and without bias for her own cause. Not to be taken seriously. The gunsmith puts her hands on her hips, pursing her lips at Mia, "Arright. Let's go," She says, probably heading over to the Infirmary with Mia.
    [Infirmary]

Mia will lead her here and make a medical check up as mentioned. The results should be in after a few minutes. Mia is doing most things herself. So she will only do the thingy you need to use a machine.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #162
    Halfling in the Playground

Infirmary

Depending on the tests performed, Mia should find Cornelia to be in excellent health for someone her age. Despite her various scars and prior injuries, her fitness is that of someone half her age, likely due to her elf lineage. She walks with a limp, if one strains a particular muscle in her leg, and one eye is completely blind. She seems to have some slight trouble hearing the quietest of noises - perhaps from being around old-fashioned guns all her life.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Training Grounds

Pat listens carefully to the philosophy. It certainly intrigued her to say the least, but there was a nagging question. "Would I be considered Magic in the terms of the Riddle?" She asks.
    Wenomir shifts uneasily and rubs the back of his head.
    I'm not sure, to be honest. My homeworld doesn't have people like you, so the philosophy has never had to adjust to the kind of capabilities you have. They certainly make things easier for you, which is a hurdle on the road to the Riddle... but I don't think it matters much as long as you follow the Riddle and hone your skills.

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Infirmary

Depending on the tests performed, Mia should find Cornelia to be in excellent health for someone her age. Despite her various scars and prior injuries, her fitness is that of someone half her age, likely due to her elf lineage. She walks with a limp, if one strains a particular muscle in her leg, and one eye is completely blind. She seems to have some slight trouble hearing the quietest of noises - perhaps from being around old-fashioned guns all her life.
    Infirmary

The tests mainly involve health, any kind of wounds or things he might be able to fix.After all excellent isn't what I would call her health.

"Well. That doesn't look so well. Your blind on one eye.I may be able to fix that, if you allow."

15. - Top - End - #165

Infirmary

Physical fitness is high, sensory 'aptitude' - I suppose you could say - is low.

However, that is hardly the point of this post. Cornelia can barely comprehend the words that just came out of Mia's mouth. "My eye? Really?" She looks stunned. "Yes. Please." Could this really happen? Cornelia hasn't been in the Nexus all that long, and no one seemed to be capable of fixing her eye back home.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #166

Infirmary

"I should inform you that I won't be able to regenerate you eye. I would just use my divine power and some technologies to replace the damaged parts of the eye"

Other than that there may be the chance that Cornelia's body doesn't accept that. Just a thing her player would need to decide.

17. - Top - End - #167

Infirmary

"Just do it, girl!" Cornelia begs, willing to try anything. Even a chance at seeing again is better than nothing.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #168

Infirmary

"Cool down. Preparations will need a while."

That's true a few hours of preparations will be need. (also not able to post it from here since I got most material at home.)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

[Obstacle Course => Elsewhere]

After Yazon leaves, Wenomir seems deep in thought for a while. Then he goes around to look for KR. There's a couple things he needs to tell her.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hospital]

"The demons that we have been facing as of late differ from the more mainstream variety of demon in that they don't seem to be some sort of self-spawned evil from the Outer Planes, but rather spread through a form of magical mutation. They corrupt beings of mortal races, enhancing their traits, making them immortal, and giving them regenerative powers. Most corrupted demons are mindless and bloodthirsty, though some are more intelligent. They are weak to silver, and the corruption can be reversed by dragonbone." Says KR quickly. She's not skilled enough at telepathy to just dump the information into his head like DC can.
    "What's affecting these gnolls doesn't seem to be the usual corruption, however. It's demonic magic, as far as I can tell, but it isn't of the same nature as previous enchantments. It's like it's changed they very fabric of reality."
    "I wonder..."
    Abruptly KR turns on her heel and walks quickly out of the hospital, not really checking or caring to see if any of them follow, though of course that would be the smart thing to do. She's heading towards the main keep, and then up to the Observatory Level.

((Correct me if I'm wrong or knowing too much with any of this. I haven't been involved in any of the demon plots so far, so I'm just grabbing this stuff from the character index without knowing how much has been revealed IC.))

["Elsewhere"]

Wenomir doesn't have to look far. A plot clone of KR's in the Training Tower itself, in the upper gym levels, doing one-arm pullups or some other exercise. There's windows and stuff overlooking the training grounds, and KR's been idly watching through them. When it's clear that Wenomir's looking for someone (assuming the Training Tower isn't the first place he looks), she'll come out, dripping with sweat and with a towel slung over her shoulder. Of course she's dressed sensible clothes to be working out in - a tank top with sports bra underneath, exercise pants and sneakers.
    "Looking for me?" She asks.

Her player realizes that trying to find anyone in the new expanded tower would probably be a nightmare. All those rooms to search... o_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

[Traning Tower]

It should be noted that Wenomir finds this after-workout look rather attractive. >_> He might be a little bit distracted.
    And now he approaches KR with a smile. Finding someone in the new tower would indeed be hard, normally. They ought to set up a mind link like everyone else seems to have.
    Oh, yeah. The new building is going to be a bit hard to navigate for a while. Did you see me try out our new obstacle course?
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-05-30 at 12:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Hospital

"Don't worry, she'll figure something out,"
    Darcy tells the gnolls, and then hurries after KR.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Tower]

Or maybe just a pager would do.
    "I caught a glimpse or two. How did it go?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Tower]

Pretty well, although I don't think I stretched it to capacity, Wenomir says. I didn't use holograms, for instance. I didn't want to experiment too much while testing the new guy. Maybe we ought to give it a proper shakedown run later.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Tower]

KR smiles.
    "Sure. That sounds like it could be fun."
    For a very strange and specific definition of fun.

But it really will be later because deadtime.

26. - Top - End - #176

[Hospital]

((It seems to be correct from what I can see.))

The wings in question are bat-like, the kind you commonly see on succubi in popular fiction with red skin stretched between it's fingers. Each wing seem slightly larger then their owners full body.

The brother slowly nods at Darcy, seemingly comforted by her words before turning to Claude. "A few suns ago." It mutters, not doing much else then answering the question.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Training Tower]

KR smiles.
    "Sure. That sounds like it could be fun."
    For a very strange and specific definition of fun.

But it really will be later because deadtime.
    I'm looking forward to it, Wenomir says before looking KR up and down. You know, you do look good straight after workout, if you don't mind me saying so, he adds.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Infirmary

"Cool down. Preparations will need a while."

That's true a few hours of preparations will be need. (also not able to post it from here since I got most material at home.)
    Cornelia fidgets a little, frowning. She needs this now. "What do I do till then?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

[Path]
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Indeed with a new friend, Amelia, following behind Shawna looking impressed by the fortress.

Nice place you got here.
    "Thank you. It proves suitable enough for our purposes."
    Shawna smiles and tilts her head in a nod, as she opens the door and leads the way inside, pausing before turning in the direction of the East Barracks.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Following Shawna

Are you sure it is OK that I stay here?

Amelia walks slowly, mostly due to her injuries and tiredness, but also because she is looking around as much as possible as she follows Shawna.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?