New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

"That's affirmative R36, and quickly!"

Valen moves towards the concrete wall, clearly intending on stacking up on the outside of the gate opening. As he moves against the wall, he hurls a frag up, trying to bank it off of the covered walkway over the gate. V21 then immediately reacts to the person stacked up behind the left of the gate opening and activates his Drop Shield, the blue dome spreading out with an electric hum.

"50 cal, moving up top. And I got one inside the gate here, opposite side of me!"
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

2. - Top - End - #122

Volsung pops off two quick shots at the main gunner of the .50 cal, then runs to cover closer to the sentry. "If you can, try not to kill all of them. We may need to question them later."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

3. - Top - End - #123

"Reinforcement spotted."
    "Alighting, target dazzled."
    "Minimize mortality. Need to catch, lower heat further radius. Infurno primed and tossing." [Colonial]"Here's for shootin' at him."
    O-23 stood up, leaned back and tossed a grenade, his head mounted camera turned a little, flaring.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ill do my best to leave at least a few alive." with that he moves over to the left side of the entrance across from Valen. He steps back and thumbs a button on his hammer, and energy crackles across the head of it. With a grunt he swing s his hammer at the wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    ok here we go! I'm assuming that two handed weapons still get 2 damage for every -1 penalty, but if that's wrong we can just subtract it from the roll.
    Breaking the wall. (1d20+18)[33] +6 from spending a charge +4 str bonus and power attack for 2 to get a +4 again.
    Accuracy on the guy behind it (1d20+3)[11] -2 from power attack
    Damage (2d8+4)[14] I'm not sure if this would get the PA damage boost or not, but its not in there.
    Electric damage from spending a charge (2d4)[7]
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

5. - Top - End - #125

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, Vixsor... you can add the Power Attack bonus to the damage. Also, please roll an additional 2d4 for me (for chunks of concrete that may/may not hit the poor fellow)!
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    yay more damage! (2d4)[7]

7. - Top - End - #127

Volsung pops the Tango carrying the machine gun tripod, burying two pink needles into the man and stifling his screams.

Argyle hurls a flame grenade deep into the compound, hitting an approaching Tango in the foot as he came out of a rear building. The fragile artillery exploded, covering the man in a chemical-fueled pyre and engulfing the doorway he was standing in. He fires his assault rifle wildly into the air as he crumples to the sandy ground in a heap.

Tristan moves to the opposite side of the gate opening from Valen, charges his hammer up, and smashing the blunt weapon straight through the reinforced concrete wall. The hammer itself, 'cushioned' by a pillow made of concrete smashes nearly full-force into the torso of the man stacked up on the other side, sending his broken body flying away from his position with a sickeningly wet crunch. After a second, Tristan is able to wrench his hammer free from the hole.

The gunmen all respond, with two of them turning their full attention to the threat that Tristan seemed to be imposing. The sentry, however, was intent on trying to use his vantage point to take out your rear rank first... aiming his fire down on Argyle as he popped out to throw his grenade.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-06-13 at 02:24 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

8. - Top - End - #128

Argyle smiles a wicked smile when he spots the grenade landing on target. The IR section of his camera lights shows the entire room lighting up as he ducked behind the rock. 'Full of propelents....' Argyle thought.
    He did however, have to hurry down as he was being fired on. His sheilds read full, Triston was being fired on. But the group was being fired on by the sentry. Argyle speaks into his suit. "Advisory, Ioach flaring people in compound while I disable sentry."
    "Possible."
    "Advisable, CQ will allow for better subjugation, then you can provide covering fire. That grenade however was out of peramiters."
    "No it wasn't. Tango's luck however made it lethal. Send advisory to Onyx 1, activating jump pack."
    "Advisory, Triston's shields have dropped to almost non-existance."
    "I would suggest you lot provide Triston with some protection. I'll take care of the guy in the Sentry tower."

Argyle moved back and then pulled a running leap of the stone he was hidding behind, giving his jet pack a boost as he flew towards the sentry tower, he had swapped weapons to have his 'Spiker' drawn but safety on, glaing through his now see-through helmet at the person who had just oppened fire on him, as he spoke through his suit, his two AIs joining in to create a truely disconcerting voice.

"Drop your weapon and I will refrain from breaking limbs, you have 3 seconds to comply!"
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2012-06-13 at 07:08 PM.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

9. - Top - End - #129

Volsung comes out of cover and runs up to the bunker with the shooter in it. He sights down through the opening and fires twice at the guy holding a battle rifle. "Looks to me like there's only the one that Argyle jumped up to left. Anyone else see more coming?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

10. - Top - End - #130

Running through her cycles Gnomere updates Onyx Teams tac markers for known oposition. Particularly there is a big patch near Triston, who had just punched through the wall.

"Listen up, it was already said, check his sheild marker, he neads help."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Tristan heads for the nearest cover and hunkers down."I'm fine, my shields held. I just gotta lay low until they recharge. Did we get both of the .50 cal guys, or just the one with the tripod?" He says, adrenaline pumping through his blood.

12. - Top - End - #132

Tristan charges across the open gate, ducking into Valen's still-active drop shield. V21 puts his hand upon your shoulder and spins you back behind him and against the wall. He then pulls his combat knife and charges around the wall, dropping to his knees and sliding past the shotgun-wielding Tango. The steel of Onyx1's blade gleams as it strikes out across the backs of both of the man's knees, severing his ham strings. The man drops his weapon and collapses to the ground screaming in pain.

"I've got one for our 'interview' all lined up."

Volsung opens fire on the man dug into the bunker, missing him but causing the Tango to take full cover.

As Argyle lands next to the sentry, he drops his gun and raises both of his arms. Soon after, a small puddle can be seen forming around the man's right boot. He is visibly shaking, and seems on the verge of tears.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-06-15 at 12:39 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

13. - Top - End - #133

The Sentry reels from the hit by Argyle, dropping his weapon and calling out in pain. He doesn't go down, but he grabs his arm with his opposite hand as if in great distress.

The person in the bunker in dug in like a tick, and doesn't seem to be giving up... at least not just yet. He produces his assault rifle once again and sprays exchanging fire at Volsung.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    are my shields back yet?

15. - Top - End - #135

Clean up Time.

"One captured. Two tango's known standing. Shall I remain here?"
    "Updating Tac's of known. If you 5 can handle that one firing on you and Tristan can handle the single other remaining, we can begin interogation processes now. However Doc will be wanted here, not neccesarilly needed however."
    "And they call me polite...."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

16. - Top - End - #136

Volsung looks around his cover to see if the shooter is still in the bunker, but recoils suddenly, his shields flashing around him. "Søn af en tæve! The svin nearly got through my shields." He exclaims. "Let me get this one and then I'll be up. I think Valen hamstrung the one that shot Tristan." Volsung says, pulling out an incendiary grenade, priming and then throwing it in towards where he saw the shooter last.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then I've got the tango with the shotty." Tristan says as he sprints towards the shotgun weilding man. As soon as he is within reach, Tristan swings his hammer and steps into the blow, using the momentum of his sprint to add more damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    charge and attack.
    Attack -3 from PA +2 charge(1d20+10)[21]
    Damage 2H attack (no ammo used) (2d8+11)[20]

18. - Top - End - #138

[Colonial]"Sentry, I request to be allowed to set your arm before major injury occurs. My fellows have just captured another who will need medical attention more urgently.

While Argyle was trained in first aid, treating fractures was something he knew very well, already his hud was alighitng with pre-programmed basics from 'No, who seemed to have done some of her own research on the topic.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

19. - Top - End - #139

"Copy that, Onyx 3. Keep him up there until we get that Tango in the Bunker sorted."

Volsung's grenade goes off inside the bunker, flames momentarily rolling out of the openings. Tristan rounds the corner with his hammer raised and ready to strike, but sees that the shotgun-toting Tango was already on the ground. Valen was resheathing his combat knife as he towered over the man.

The Sentry only manages a weak nod in response to Argyle. When the bone snaps back into place with a clearly audible crack, the man shrieks in pain once more. He drops to his knees and lower himself into a sitting position on the ground.

Suddenly, the bunker comes to life again and gunfire erupts from the slot as it had before. The grenade thrown by Volsung either didn't kill the insurgent, or there was another that took his place! The semi-automatic fire from his assault rifle is cut short and your hear the sound of metal on metal - PING!

Spoiler
    Show

Tristan, you can still attack the man if you wish... but he was already down before you charged to him!
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-06-22 at 10:40 AM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

His voice a whisper, barely there at all, John says "Mal, weak points on the bunker, anywhere my breaching mines can get through."
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Tristan would have spit on the corpse, if he hadn't had his helmet on. "Tuilí." he cursed in Gealic. "My tango was down before I got to him, anyone need back up?"

22. - Top - End - #142

"I've got this one, Onyx 6. See if you can't help get to that Tango in the bunker."

Tristan sees Valen scan the immediate area with a glance around. He points, the first two fingers of his right hand extending to indicate direction.

"Try that door there. And, Spartan... check your corners."

You knew that was Valen's way of telling you to be careful. Any time you breach into a space, the corners were almost always the likeliest spots to meet resistance because they were often the least checked.

Responding to John, Mal pipes up, [John]"Now, not to be ornery, but I do believe that the whole point of a bunker is ta not have weak points. But, if you're being of the insisting type of mind... I reckon you could just toss a charge in through the window, though they are directional and all. Although... that corner nearest of the gateway could prove a might less strong than the rest of her, if I had to muster a guess."
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-06-25 at 11:03 AM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not good. Oh well, under the window it is." With that, John charges forward and slides to the window of the bunker, pulls out a charge and slaps it on right between the window and the ground.
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

24. - Top - End - #144

"John, Tristans already going in there. Do we really need to blow a hole in the pokkers bunker on top of sending in our walking tank just to get one guy?" Volsung asks while breaking cover, and then proceeds to run to the wall of the compound and slide to a stop just inside, near where the shotgunner is lying.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

"If he just tossed a firework in there, you can bet my arse is goin in there." he says stopping before the bunker.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

"Tossed? No. There are no doors on my side of the bunker. I am rectifying this situation." With that, John pushes the plunger on the detonator and hopes for the best.
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ

27. - Top - End - #147

Sammael's drone paints the target held up inside the bunker and he steadies himself, taking a knee and propping his elbow on it to give him stability. It's going to be a difficult shot, and he waits for his moment to pounce. Meanwhile, Tristan edges open a somewhat rusted steel door, moving into the concrete complex behind it. Outside, John runs up to the bunker, sliding beneath the slot as he does so, and ends up stacked up behind another nearby boulder. Anyone that looked saw that amid his slide, the Spartan not only planted an explosive, but also managed to arm it as well. Volsung closes to where Valen and the downed Shotgun Tango are, V21 nodding towards the injured man as he arrives.

"Can you stop the bleeding?"

Tristan works his way through a dimly-lit hallway, through crates and barrels. At the end of the corridor ahead, he can see sunlight pouring in. As he rounds the corner, he sees a figure looking out of the bunker slot, readying for another round of fire at something just outside the opening. Tightening his grip upon his hammer, he steps to move forward and there is a report. But not the report of an assault rifle, like he had expected, but the sound of Sammael's 50-caliber sniper rifle. Blood sprays across the ceiling behind the man and across the front of Tristan. A split second afterwards, the Tango's body rocks backwards on its heels and falls to the floor.

Sammael gets a simple read-out from his drone, the text blinking up in the corner of his HUD.

Code:
    [Kill Confirmed]
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

The sniper had been biding his time setting up a shot. Acolyte found a target deeply entrenched in a bunker, he was smart enough not to give Sammael a clear shot frustrated but ever patent the sniper waited. A small smile gripped the Spartan it was a crazy shot the likes sane man would attempt but in his head he couldn’t miss.

Looking done the scope of his sniper the Spartan aimed for the lip of bunkers ledge. Acolyte flashed up a warning of the inprobablity of the shot but instead he pulled the trigger. “For Darren March teacher of reach” the shot flew perfectly ricocheting off the ledge and impacting the guard he fell in a spray of blood a shot to remember.

Code:
    [Kill Confirmed]
    Sammael opened his com-line stepping out of cover but keeping an ever sharp eye on his surroundings.

“Enemy down sir, awaiting your orders”

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jesus!" Tristan says as blood paints the wall. He does a quick mental check and says into the comm, "Acolyte, how in the nine hells did you get that shot?" He walks forward to examine the body, searching for anything useful and if its still alive

30. - Top - End - #150

"I feel like I just missed something awesome."
    "Probably."
    "Anyhow. Onyx 1, would you like to perform interrogations, or shall I start here?"