New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1441
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

Seeing the canons glowing in a way he doesn't like, Anex hides and waits for the shots to come through before continuing fire.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr grit his teeth. So this is a hunter? Never actually had to fight one before. Taking a moment to steady his aim, he chucked a grenade right between the two armored hulks, hoping the blast would be enough to unsettled them.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move: Gain +4 to Hit, BaB > 1, also draw a grenade
    Standard: Throw the pin at them, and drop the grenade behind me. No wait, other way around!

(d20+17)[25] To remember which part explodes
    (5d6)[21] "Tiny Pieces of Searing Hot Metal" damage

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Precision weapons, gentlemen! These things are only vulnerable in the gaps in their armor! It's either that or we light them up with small explosive ordinance! Make those shots and 'nades count!"

Gunnar carefully aims his Ghost at the Hunter marked as Tango 2 and hits the boosters to their maximum. The Hunter has no time to react and the Ghost slams hard into its legs, spraying orange goo everywhere and causing crippling damage to both the massive creature and to the Ghost itself. Smoke begins pouring out of the vehicle's purple body.

Anex ducks behind the safety of cover, trying to avoid taking a hit from one of the Hunter's arm cannons.

Vidarr quickly assesses distance and arc, concentrating as only a sniper can... only this time it's to hurl a grenade and have it land precisely where he wants it to. Gunnar manages to lean away from the explosion and avoid most of the damage. The two Hunters, likewise, are able to sense the impending blast and put their massive shields between themselves and most of the danger. A bit of the explosion still rips into the hulking beasts, however.

Jason switched over to his Battle Rifle and gave two short three round burst towards the first Hunter. With the creature twisting and turning to combat the in-coming Argyle as well as Gunnar and his Ghost, E507 is able to place a few were they count and fells the first of the beasts! The huge Hunter collapses onto the ground with a great KADOOM!

Argyle released the Jackal as he engaged his jetpack, flinging the creature over Anex's head and causing it to sprawl out on the ground behind Spartan 544. Eclipse Two then rises up to the ceiling and moves directly over the Hunter marked as 1. Then, he waits for their next move.

Volsung's Brute Shot barks once, sending the small grenade out and amongst the plasma cells against the wall nearest the Hunters. A fraction of a second later, there is a small initial explosion followed immediately by the rupture of all five of the cells. A fireball of blue and purple energy erupts and engulfs the entire rear alcove that contained the platform - including the two Hunters, Gunnar, and his Ghost. Luckily for Argyle, he was still near the ceiling and, tucking his legs up closer to his body, he was able to avoid being consumed in the blast. When the plasma clears away, it is obvious that the second Hunter is toast... as was the Ghost the Gunnar had been riding on. And he was laid out on the ground, barely moving.

That phase of the battle was now over. Upon closer inspection, you could see that Gunnar was still alive - but he had a massive piece of the purple hull of the Ghost jutting out of his torso, from both sides.

Spoiler
    Show

Gunnar:
    (1d20+15)[20] (Pilot check for Splatter Attack - versus Hunter2)
    (2d4+30)[34]
    (1d20+12)[20] (Reflex save - versus Vidarr's Grenade; DC=15)
    (1d20+12)[21] (Reflex save - versus Volsung's Mega-Eplosion; DC=15)
    Jason:
    (1d20+7)[16] (Attack 1 - versus Hunter1)
    (3d4)[9]
    (3d4)[5]
    (3d4)[3]
    (1d20+5)[22] (Attack 2 - versus Hunter1)
    (3d4)[8]
    (3d4)[6]
    (3d4)[11]
    (1d20+9)[19] (Reflex save - versus Hunter1's Cannon; DC=18)
    Valen:
    (1d20+12)[29] (Attack 1 - versus Hunter2)
    (3d4)[8]
    (3d4)[7]
    (3d4)[6]
    (1d20+10)[30] (Attack 2 - versus Hunter2) <-- Critical Hit!
    (3d4)[12]
    (3d4)[7]
    (3d4)[5]

Hunter 1:
    (1d20+5)[23] (Reflex save - versus Vidarr's Grenade; DC=15)
    (1d20+5)[15] (Reflex save - versus Volsung's Mega-Eplosion; DC=15)
    (1d20+4)[19] (Attack - versus Volsung; Jason is in the area of Splash Damage for 1/2)
    (4d4)[15]

Hunter 2:
    (1d20+5)[13] (Reflex save - versus Gunnar's Splatter Attack; DC=21)
    (1d20+5)[20] (Reflex save - versus Vidarr's Grenade; DC=15)
    (1d20+5)[15] (Reflex save - versus Volsung's Mega-Eplosion; DC=15)
    (1d20+4)[22] (Attack - versus Gunnar)
    (4d4)[10]
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2014-07-23 at 03:36 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr walks over to the captive quickly and makes clear the threat of his rifle: by pressing the business end of it to his skull.

That doesn't look good. Vidarr said, gesturing from one hand at Gunnar, letting only his trigger hand hold onto his rifle.Can he be fixed, or should we ease his passage?

5. - Top - End - #1355

Volsung runs over to Gunnar's side, practically tearing his medkit from its housing as he reaches the fallen SPARTAN-III. With a few precise motions, he attaches it to Gunnar's suit and begins pumping biofoam and anti-shock medication into his comrades body. "Rho," he screams. "Run emergency protocols 417, 13, and 22. Vidarr, don't you dare shoot him. Either of them. I thi-I can still fix this."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting cure moderate wounds, bear's endurance, and deathwatch. I can get the spell descriptions up if you need.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2014-07-23 at 04:55 PM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr nods once. I won't shoot the jackal unless he moves too much. And I'll only aim for his legs. As for Gunnar, you do what you decide. I won't interfere.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2014-07-23 at 05:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1357

Argyle lands with a thud a few feet from Gunnar, immidiately dropping into a crouch and letting go of his weapons. He then moves towards Gunnar, reaching into his Trauma Kit.
    "Stand over the jackle." Argyle says in stress monotone as he moves in to help.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

8. - Top - End - #1358

DrowGuy

Anex comes out of his cover, and sees the wreckage that is created.
    He immediately tries to secure the perimeter knowing that he better not disrupt Volsung and Argyle at work.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Volsung could tell that the large piece of shrapnel had pierced Gunnar's left lung and severed his spinal cord without question, and there was a good chance that it may have nicked his heart as well. Panting, Spartan G527 reached up and unsealed his black-visored EVA helmet, letting it fall to the ground and roll off a short distance. R36 immediately noticed that his face was pale and that he was exhibiting signs of both massive internal bleeding and shock. Volsung was fairly certain that even if he and Argyle were able to stabilize him... that eventually that piece of hull would have to be removed... and it was the only thing keeping Gunnar alive at this point.

He looked up at the medic and made a crooked smile. "Don't fuss over me... it's just my... just my time.", he sputtered out, then erupted in a coughing fit that produced a lot of pain, judging by his face. The last cough brought dark blood up with it, filling him mouth, which he then turned his head and spat out. His face turned serious, "There ain't no saving me, Vol, and you know it. Even with your face covered I can tell that you know. I can't feel my legs and it hurts every time my heart beats. Let me go."

His eyes then began to slip out of focus, his pupils dilating widely. "Harper... get Harper outta here. Finish the job."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

10. - Top - End - #1360

Argyle isn't a doctor, but he can see signs as well as any others... And is slightly better at reading suit read outs.
    But he does spend all to long staring at Gunnar, and the way he turns his head before looking back isn't just him looking away before he turns back.
    Argyle reaches his hand and grabs one of Gunnars. "Don't stay missing long..."

This said, he immidiately walks over towards the jackle, speaking into team comm.
    "Voldsung, you know how you erred. Iaoch, extra attention to my sensors, Gnomere, the moment you have a connection with the Covenent battle net I want you in it."
    He then arives at the [probably] still prone and huddling Jackle, reaching down he grabs it by the upper arm, careful not to break it's arm, but not enough to prevent some bruising as he hauls it upright.
    "You are coming with us. You are to inform us of defences and details as to our path the entire way. If you don't, I will kill you, and not nicely. If you betray us, I will leave you bleeding out and paralysed. If you flee beyond seeking cover, when I find you, I won't paralyse you, just break all your bones. Do your job, I wont shoot you. Do you understand?"
    Argyle continues to speak in his monotone as he drags the jackle [at a speed it can keep up with should it not resist] towards the elevator.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

11. - Top - End - #1361

"Go, you bunch of over-sentimental b@st@rds. I've got rear guard... I'll cover the entrance to the cave and the platform here. Now go!", he physically pushes Volsung away from himself.

As Argyle retrieves the Jackal, he cowers and trembles. "[Kig-Yar]Yes, yes... I understand. I understand that you are soldiers... doing your duty, the same as I. Though your threats are unnecessary - I wish to live, as I said. So long as you can guarantee my safety, I have no reason to cross you. You come for your General, do you not? He is that way.", he indicates with a jerk of his long and toothy maw towards the platform.

Valen had carried the heavy machine gun over to Gunnar and, after dragging one of the Hunter's bodies into position so that the Spartan could take cover behind it, he placed the .50 cal atop of the hulking corpse. The Lieutenant Colonel then knelt beside him and spoke privately with the dying man, saying something out of earshot of everyone else. He then stood and stepped onto the platform, cycling his Battle Rifle.

"Let's go, Eclipse."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

12. - Top - End - #1362

Volsung stands, removing the medkit with shaking hands. "I... I can leave you another dose of biofoam if you like. It should take the worst of the pain away. You might want that after the adrenaline I gave you wears off."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2014-07-25 at 12:09 PM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

13. - Top - End - #1363

Gunnar shakes his head slowly back and forth, blinking with heavy eyelids. His sticks his tongue out a bit and licks the thick blood from his bottom lip.

"Nah. Save it. I don't... plan on being around long enough for the adrenaline... to wear off."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Volsung, let him be. He's not an injured bird. He's a fallen warrior. Let him cover our asses, and let's move. Vidarr turned his body to face Gunnar and slammed his fist against his chest before running onto the platform. Good luck, Gunnar.

God's speed.

We'll kill a dozen more for you.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2014-07-25 at 12:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1365

"...Kan du altid gĺ i solskin, kan du aldrig lyst til mere. Lev vel, dř vel." Volsung turns away from the fallen Spartan, his shoulder bent. "Coming, Colonel."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

16. - Top - End - #1366

As your Fireteam loads up onto the platform, the Jackal moves over and activates the display in order to make it begin to rise back up to the level above you. Valen snaps a final salute to Gunnar, which the dying Spartan returns, before he passes out of sight as you enter the rocky ceiling. You ascend until you find yourselves in a good-sized circular chamber, roughly ten meters across and layered in the typical purple architecture found in all Covenant facilities. Four alcoves come off of the main space, each with a door on both sides of it. Four more of the large container crates are placed about the room.

The platform finally settles into position and there is a subtle hiss as it engages into place. The space is otherwise eerily silent, save for the slight hum of energy-powered equipment somewhere within the structure itself.

"Alright. Let's locate the Rook and get back to the Extraction Point."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr takes a few steps forward, nearing the first corner with his gun raised and at the ready.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Spending every round until I say, or must otherwise:

Move: Move
    Standard: Ready Action to fire on hostiles.

Which means, of course, I'll move at half speed, but that's probably a good pace for wandering an unknown structure potentially filled with hunters, and elites and droidikas.

18. - Top - End - #1368

Volsung steps off the elevator, leading the Jackal forward with a gauntleted hand on his shoulder. "[Kig-Yar]Take us to our leader."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

19. - Top - End - #1369

DrowGuy

Anex follows the others, keeping his eyes and ears open and ready to shoot as soon as any resistance was in sight.

20. - Top - End - #1370

Argyle sweeps the room, spiker raised as he walks. When Volsung cracks his joke, Argyle growls, with Gnomere piping up.
    "Really?

Spoiler: Notes:
    Show

Readied action to go full auto on any covenent that doesn't talk first [that never hoppens] using my spiker.
    I'm switching to IR vision.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

21. - Top - End - #1371

Volsung jerks himself away from checking the room. "What? I-oh. ****. You think I was making a joke, don't you?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

22. - Top - End - #1372

"You weren't?" Gnomere sounds surprised.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

23. - Top - End - #1373

Volsung glares at his squadmate. "I just had to let another one die, Gnomere. Why the **** would I be cracking jokes."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

24. - Top - End - #1374

[Kig-Yar]"Yes, yes... this way. He is this way!", the Jackal all but hisses out in a whisper as he casts his eyes about and moves towards the short corridor to the east. He then indicates the door controls of the one on the northern side and backs away, making room for all of you to pass.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

25. - Top - End - #1375

DrowGuy

Anex looks doubtfully at the Jackle.
    Can you ask it what's behind the door, besides our package?
    Last edited by moomoo; 2014-08-01 at 03:34 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1376

"What else is behind there?"
    Argyle leads, trying to look through the door with IR.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

27. - Top - End - #1377

"[Kig-Yar]No. You're going to open the door for us."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Argyle sweeps the area on the other side of the wall with his Thermal Scanner, the area immediately turning blue with veins of red in the walls as the plasma moves through them like conduits for power. On the other side, however, he does not see the telltale signs of the warm spectrum that should indicate a human presence.

[Kig-Yar]"As you wish.", the Jackal caves, moving over to the control panel beside the door and activating it with a series of presses that cause lights to intensify beneath his fingertips. The lights on the door change from red to green, pulsate, and then part and slide open, passing into the walls and ceiling around it. Beyond, there is a small room, roughly five feet wide and ten feet deep. However, the room is entirely empty.

The Jackal immediately whirls around and begins to stammer, [Kig-Yar]"Wait, wait! He is not here! They moved him... yes, yes... they put him in another room here! Come, we must try another door!"
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

29. - Top - End - #1379

"The Covenent has likely moved him... Continue."

Argyle backs out of the room, looking around with his IR vision, not yet aiming for the Kig-Yar... If nothing else, his handprint may not set off alarms Gnomere might.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #1380

"[Kig-Yar]I'm not sure if I believe you. Now, many beings have died today," he says. Raising his left hand from his bruteshot, he begins charging an electric pulse, trails of sparks leaping from his gauntlet. "And I'd rather no more did. So you're going to tell me in the next ten seconds whether or not you just tried to lead us into a trap. And then you're going to tell me if you actually know where Admiral Harper is."

I have a quote!
    I like you.