Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

Even with their helmets on, it is evident John is staring Tristan straight in the eye. "We will not fail. If we are about to fail, then we cripple the enemy in any way possible."
    Happiness is the most insidious prison of all.
    -Alan Moore
    Vemrya, The Knight
    Ognya, The Mage, Wielder of Fire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx 4
    Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

[+10] Astrogate (INT) 8 ranks +2
    [+10] Demolitions (INT) 8 ranks +2
    [+9] Heal (WIS) ~ 8 ranks +1
    [+13] Pilot (DEX) ~ 8 ranks +5
    [+10] Repair (INT) ~ 8 ranks +2

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I can change colors if you would like me to.

"I think that we all know damn well that the only alternative to winning for us is to take as many with us as we can. As it is, there's maybe 10 active Spartans that I can think of off the top of my head, counting us." Volsung says as he finishes pulling on his gauntlets. "The only way we're going to win the war is either by killing all of the split-jaw ba****** or if the scientists pull a miracle out of their hats. Either way, there really is no guarantee that this isn't just the advance guard or that they don't have more reinforcements available to them." He sighs, pulling out his needler rifle and starting to strip it to check for any damage.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2012-05-18 at 02:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tristan nods and and loads a power cell into his laser. A high pitched whine fills the room as the weapon powers up. "Well I was thinking more about how we would lead a resistance and not die, but im ok with crippling the aliens before fading into the void." he says, and from his tone its easy to tell hes smiling. He stands as the laser's covering opens up and the targeting scope pops out on the side.
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A resistance is only possible under occupation. From what we've seen, the Covenant wouldn't leave anything TO occupy. The best we could hope for is humans scattering through the black and rebuilding as best we can."
    -Alan Moore
    Vemrya, The Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx 4
    Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll go ahead and change to Orange since you posted in blue first :)

Hindrance loads his DMR, followed by his Assault Rifle.
    Then Hindrance let out his thoughts, in a cool confident manner.
    "Were the best at what we do. I'm sure our missions will be important, if not vital. Were not picking daisies out there. Everything we do on the battlefield will contribute to the effort."

"Actually, you did pick a flower off the planet we were on last month."

Commented Catch.

Hindrance let out a long sigh.
    "What I'm saying is that Valen knows what he's doing, and he's going to put us where were most needed."

Catch-22 brought up something on Hindrance's screen she had picked up while boarding the ship.

Hindrance took a minute to think.

"So... We might be going to Helion, if what was heard is correct. My guess is that we're going to recapture it for the Spartan Program Development. If that's right, then we will have to succeed. This will provide an essential resource we will need in the war."

Hindrance looked around the room at the rest of the group before continuing.

"I think were all a little beat about Reach, but don't put too much thought into anything else except our mission, Valen will, and is, putting us where we need to be"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I doubt we're going to be "recapturing" a human controlled planet. If they've asked for spartan help, that means its under imminent threat of Covie invasion. Which means holding the damn place at all costs. Which is not going to be fun." John turns on the maglock on his boots and walks up the wall and starts pacing on the ceiling.
    -Alan Moore
    Vemrya, The Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx 4
    Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Basing this information off of the first posts from Erasmus, try not to refer to timelines in-game, if you are.

Hindrance looks up at John, and asks,
    "Human Controlled at the moment? Where did you get that information?"

"One grunt, two grunt, three grunt..."

Starts counting Catch, obviously anxious to get to the destination.
    Last edited by Xacerbate; 2012-05-18 at 10:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

"There haven't been humans on Helion for three years. Im not sure its theres any covenant there, but i would bet 3 days rations that it'll be an Innie controlled planet. The last team that went in was fighting the damn Insurrectionists." Tristan said holstering his laser.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Insurrection is basically a terrorist group that wanted the colonies to split from the UNSC. not sure if anyone knew that, just making sure theres no confusion
    Playtesting collection:

theme song

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OCC Just realised the improbability of having a sentinel at this point before the rings discovery. But I’ll roll with it.

Tristan, spoke with some hesitation as he spoke of reach. It was like a physical weight placed on the Spartans. For a moment no one spoke but slowly they talked some with almost forced confidence others with a morbid realisation of what the human colonies could end as. Sammael stood up for once finding a voice of passion he turned to his brothers burning with emotions.

“It is Dark times, the homes of our people burn and our angels begin to fall, so few of us remain but until our last breath we will fight”

Sammael turned to the Acolyte floating at his side gesturing with an armoured hand.

“It has not been long since we raided that covenant science ship, this AI even in its broken form named us Reclaimer!”
    he stared at the silver body, metal of unknown origins and felt a surge of hope.

“Brothers this is not of their making and this divine machine recognised our plight this is our hope. Tha makers are the hope of mankind all we must do is find them”
    Last edited by Sam Fisher; 2012-05-21 at 06:15 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

John stops his pacing. "The buzzy clicky thing is our hope? Good lord, we may be in more trouble than I thought. I don't like the idea of fighting any humans, Independents or UNSC, when there are so many more Covy brains we could be emancipating from skulls."
    -Alan Moore
    Vemrya, The Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx 4
    Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Hindrance lets out a small chuckle.
    "If we could recapture Helion without an insurrectionist shooting at us, that would be great. Perhaps on seeing us, they will stand down, however, we must be ready to do what it takes. It will be interesting to see how they are doing, despite their belief, I do hope no great evil has come their way."

Hindrance looks up eyes closed, picturing Earth in his mind.

"Hopefully they aren't doing too great either eh?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, I could use something to shoot at. Without having him dinging me. I mean, who taught you guys to use cover, a deaf bat, remember the time Hinderence was caught staring a frag in the face?"
    My Homebrew Sig.

Woo, I have a Quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    To avoid harming the sanity of the DM I can no longer:

* Cast flesh to stone on a annoying Druid
    ** Cast Rock to mud on a Druid statue
    *** Scoop mud into little ceramic pots
    **** Plant tree's in individual ceramic pots
    ***** Claim that I have helped them become one with nature
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.
    Internet's bugging up, sorry for any delays.

13. - Top - End - #43

"That was a a good mission." Tristan says with a smile. "It was the first time we ever killed a Brute Chieftan. he adds and lovingly pats his hammer.
    Playtesting collection:

theme song

14. - Top - End - #44

Yeah, and you made a huge mess of him while doing so." Volsung says while reassembling his rifle. Damn near took his head off with that hammer of yours.

15. - Top - End - #45

"Well first he dropped it, and then after I picked it up he tried to use a Spiker on me! I mean why would he drop this beauty?? Apparentlly each hammer is a sacred family relic, and he dropped his to get away from a grenade. I'm sure they have some law or something about how that's 'dishonerable' or something. He probably would have had it taken away and used on him by his own men or something." Tristan says checking the connections between the power cell and the striking surface of the hammer.
    Last edited by Vixsor Lumin; 2012-05-21 at 06:05 PM.
    Playtesting collection:

theme song

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

"All I remember from that mission was the bullet hell we went through on the way back up. God that was horrible to fly through. I wasn't even sure if we were going to be pressurized once we got through it."
    -Alan Moore
    Vemrya, The Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx 4
    Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

"I almost fell asleap that trip. It was like a soft pelter of rain on the ships hull."

Argyle looks like he is getting ready for a smack over the head.

"Damn they are redacting the sh** out of their reports.... And they keep them so long. Ahh, theres the paragraph...."
    My Homebrew Sig.

Woo, I have a Quote.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

You feel the Dawn Evader come out of slip-space and the room is suddenly plunged into a blue glow. Looking out the small slit of a window, here in the Ready Room, you can see that you have arrived at a solar system with a brilliantly blue sun.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Onyx... rally up and report to the War Room." The voice of Valen broadcast into your helmets, cutting short the discussion that was taking place.

The War Room is what you called the ship's cargo bay hanger. It held the Drop Pods and enough room for a handful of vehicles. For the moment, it held your Pelican, nicknamed "Rush II", and two Chaingun Warthogs, called "Razorback VII" and "Pumba IV". Your team was in the habit of naming the vehicles they acquired as a replacement... either through UNSC assignment or through "borrowing" them whenever found. Obviously, Onyx Wind was a little harder on land-based vessels than air-based ones. The other thing that the War Room contained was the only area for your full team to assemble when completely geared up, if anyone wanted to move that is. And so, this became the briefing area - where you would finally learn the details of your mission.

As you exited the Ready Room, you passed through the only truly 'scenic' chamber aboard the entire ship, aside from the bridge. Consisting of a long hallway with a row of large, UV Ray-shielded windows along one side, this room afforded you a fairly unobstructed view of what lie outside the ship. The Window, as this hallway is referred to by your team, is currently bathed in the blue light of Kallanos and you catch your first glimpse of Helion as you pass through it towards the War Room.
    Spoiler
    Show

Through another set of doors, you find V21 waiting for you, stoically standing by the hatch door of the War Room. He hits the button and moves to the side to allow you to enter the room before him. As you pass him, in turn, he gives you each the customary greeting that you have all established - a gentle clashing of your raised right forearm, just below the elbow. As the last of you enters the largest room on board the Dawn Evader, Valen walks past you, brushing his fingers absentmindedly along Drop Pod Alpha. You all know that that means you will be dropping in. Your leader was not too fond of flying; whether it was a Pelican, the Drop Pods, or anything else and this action somehow seemed to reassure him. This was always a tell-tale sign of how the mission was to start, however, since he touched whatever method of entry was planned (which was almost always air-based).

"Valkyrie - we're assembled."

In the middle of the empty space of the War Room, a familiar blue female shape began to appear. A lightly armored warrior with feathered wings, she was both intimidating and magnificent for an AI. She could appear soft and embracing or hardened and menacing... it all depended on her mood. For now, at least, she seemed to be perfectly calm.
    Spoiler
    Show

Valkyrie was a strangely motherly figure to you and some of you even went so far as to call her "Momma" or "Mum". In a way, although she was only a program, she didn't seem that different to each of you. Her soul, the aspect of her that you saw, had form and voice... but seemed incomplete, like you. However, the Dawn Evader was her true body, giving her soul purpose and the means to enact her will - like when you slipped into your Mjolnir Mark VI armor.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-05-23 at 04:09 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall

19. - Top - End - #49

Tristanpumps his fist in triumph when he sees that they are going down in drop pods. He loved going 'feetfirst'if he hadn't been chosen to become a Spartan, he probably would have become an ODST. When they reach War Room, he smiles widely inside his helmet. "Hi Momma! How are on this glorious day?"
    Playtesting collection:

theme song

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Argyle's suit spoke in an eiry triple voice. Few people took two AI's, and fewer still actively practiced with them to say a few things in unison.

"Greetings Valkyrie, what suicide mission are you sending us on today?"

Fortunately for your sanity, they kept their laughter to themselves. It was a very, very old joke for them. One that Valkyrie didn't really like however.... This lead to a very familier escalating prank war every now and again.
    My Homebrew Sig.

Woo, I have a Quote.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Aww, but I wanted to fly us down this time. Rush is getting all cranky, poor girl."
    "If you're good Kaylee, you can fly us out again. Assuming we don't die, as always. Morning Val. Whats the mission, captain?"
    -Alan Moore
    Vemrya, The Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx 4
    Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Good to see you again Val."
    It's nice to finally see someone that's my intellectual equal again, especially after having to be around these mountains of muscle."
    "Be quiet you. Anyway, I take it we're going down in these old things again?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

"Hello, boys... I see you finally got the lead out and decided to join us. I hope we aren't disturbing your relaxation too much. And, Argyle, it's only suicidal when you decide to deviate from the course that I labor so diligently to lay out before you. You know how I hate improvisation; it's so primitive and crude."

Valkyrie moved across the room, the interface of both the War Room and the Bridge allowed her to appear full-sized for a normal human female. She unfurled her wings, filling the space with the digital sound of a buffet of wind as she floated towards the empty space of wall that served as the presentation surface. The AI began conjuring images and schematics before her, and as she turned her attention to the task, she said, "Valen will fill you in on the first portion of the details."

Valen moved so that he could see each of you and removed his helmet, taking a knee and placing it upon the floor beside him.

"Gentlemen... we've been sent to find the answer the question that has been weighing the heaviest on the collective mind of the UNSC for the last several months – how did the damn split-jaws learn about Reach? For one reason or another, Fleet Admiral Harper feels that the answer to that question lies here on Helion. Our directive is simple… investigate the possibility of Covenant presence on-world, and if there is one, to make certain that those individuals will never utter an other secret ever again. Recon and Elimination is the name of the game, Onyx Wind. Valkyrie has the logistics."

"The atmosphere of Helion appears to cause a great deal of interference with our orbital scanners, so you will be going in practically blind. Without knowing what exactly is down there, I'm not risking a bold entry - which is why you're getting dropped in. Much to my disliking, communications between Onyx and the Dawn Evader may also be touch-and-go because of the interference. But you can bet your asses that I will be with you every step of the way."

Valkyrie's eyes flashed, the definition of her irises and pupils disappearing into bright blank orbs... a sign of her heightened anxiety and emotion at the idea of this situation. She paused, briefly, before continuing with the briefing, pulling up a three-dimensional schematic of Helion and turning it as she needed.

"You will be dropped here - a sinkhole caused by over-mining just south of the Baldujon Ridgeline, here... Nav Point Alpha. Unfortunately, the majority of the data about this planet in the UNSC database is outdated or seemingly irrelevant. However, just in case it proves pertinent, I have marked the old mining facility involved in the Insurrectionist Uprising as Nav Point Zeta."

"Any questions, Onyx?"
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Is this stealth, or Sherman's march?"
    -Alan Moore
    Vemrya, The Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx 4
    Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

"We'll go in quiet at first and judge the situation as it comes to us. If we see any Covenant group small enough, we take them down quickly and as quietly as possible. If we find any installations or larger groups, we'll hash out a plan to use... louder means."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

26. - Top - End - #56

"Sounds like a plan to me! So do you think there are any humans left?" Tristan says excitedly.
    Playtesting collection:

theme song

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

"Hard to know. If there is, there's a good chance they won't be UNSC-friendly. The last time they saw Spartans, it didn't exactly end well for them. But it's possible that there could be folks who're new to the world."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

"Nope. Guns out, walk quitely, see if we can grab cominucations. Hope the place is still friendly. It's just a more optomistic version of a repeated mission. With a little less info to start, of course."
    "Nice to see you so eager, Argyle."
    "We always are."

It would be easy to believe that Argyle and Gno' are grinning, with Ioach feels a little worried by it.
    My Homebrew Sig.

Woo, I have a Quote.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'd like to think that after Reach any human is very friendly to Spartans. Our table manners are infinitely better than a pack of Brutes descending from a corvette. Whats our ETA?"
    -Alan Moore
    Vemrya, The Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onyx 4
    Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sammael followed the other Spartans and their newly returned leader into the war room. The other’s comments and greetings to the master AI were all but ignored in total attention Sammael placed on the winged angelic AI who appeared and briefed them on their mission. It was unclear whether the AI appearing as she did was a good thing to focus the slightly mental Spartan or if it merely pushed him deeper into deluded zeal. Whatever the case the steel and red Spartan listened with unblinking eyes through his red visor.

Their leader spoke and asked for questions but Sammael had none. Now the mission was decided he was merely a tool, a weapon to be pointed at the enemy and bloody and terrible vengeance would be wrecked for all the lost and whether it be covenant or traitors the enemy would be purged from Helion.

Acolyte watched the image of Valkyrie and acknowledged its masters devotion, its simple AI struggled to cope with a strange information it almost felt jealousy anger it’s processors slowed down and rebooted and turned it’s camera to Sammael.