New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Halo] Onyx Wind

Vidarr looked around sheepishly, the effects of deep sleep always left him... tired, ironically enough. Gunnar said something, but it took a moment to register what the man had said. When Vidarr's mind finished thawing out, he nodded to Gunnar in affirmation.

As soon as Vidarr noticed the other man, Major Valen, as he called himself, the man began speaking. When he finished, Vidarr grabbed his guns, checked their ammo count, then stepped out of the freezer to salute the major. After lowering his hand, he waited patiently for orders. There was nothing that needed to be said as of yet, and the sluggishness of thawing out had damped his personality. He'd feel better tomorrow.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-11-15 at 09:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Gunnar throws off a salute, then grabs Simon, and follows this Major Valen out. He's not quite up yet. Hopefully it won't take that long.
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Treeman's Triumph Seasons VI: 3/8/2 Loser in the Crud! Cup Match
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist

3. - Top - End - #903
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Anex follows Argyle to the outside.
    Let's get go get them.
    He says simply as he starts moving out.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Firbolg in the Playground

Returning to the outside of the Evader, Volsung joins Anex and Argyle as they go to recover the bodies. "This is always the part I hate the most, " he sighs. "Never like having to remember the ones that didn't make it back, whether through my screw ups or theirs."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Simon always hated cryosleep he much rather be at the controls of a busted up cargo carrier that was on its last leg than laying frozen, at least the carrier would let he make the choice on where to go and how to get there. Hearing the voice over the intercom of his helm he knew that he should get up right away and salute, but part of the reason he hated cryo his body always took a a minuet or three to come back into control. After being grabbed that sent the final jolt of adrenalin he needed. "I am up Gunnar." Simon began to move under his own power again. While in line if the Major look back at him he would give him the appropriate salute.

6. - Top - End - #906

DrowGuy

I don't think any one of us screwed up back there, we just didn't know what we were up against. We still don't know actually.
    Anex replies to Volsung.

7. - Top - End - #907

"Yea we do. Something that Volsung needs to wash out of his armor before it starts to stink." My Ai's seem to have ranks in snark and comedy.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-11-18 at 03:42 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

8. - Top - End - #908

Volsung, Anex, Jason, & Argyle

You make your way to the Docking Bay where you had encountered the new hostile aliens. The bodies of Ceara and Drake are right where you left them and it takes little time to collect them. However morbid the task might be, it took one of you just to keep up what was left of Ceara's helmet... trying hard not to look too closely inside... because it only took one of you to cart one of their bodies. Which left one man on sentry duty to prevent you all from getting caught with your pants down.

As you struggled to get both of them ready for transport, somebody must have nudged Drake's suit just enough - as a flash catches your eye... coming from the TacPad on his left forearm. Looking, you see a pretty bad smudge of grime and coagulated blood and upon wiping it clean, you see a small blinking light - golden against the reddish orange of the screen.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Simon, Gunnar, & Vidarr

Once the Major saw that you were all at least operational, he nodded.

"The three of you go ahead and sync your suits up with my data channel. Let's get you back to the ship. You three get the distinct privilege of riding home in the best vessel in the entire UNSC armada - the Dawn Evader."

You made your way out of the cryobay and into a long and empty tunnel. Once here, Valen turned around and addressed you once more.

"Judging by your kits, I'd say that you're my @$$-kicker.", he said pointing to Gunnar. "Alright, I'll be taking point. Let's see... G527, I want to take up position on Flank 1 Right. VD47, you've got Flank 1 Left. P24, I want you and those Magnums at Flank 2 Right. We have run into hostiles while here, so just be on your toes."

Once you all fell in, you continued pushing your way through a series a increasingly larger bays, rooms, and hallways. The damage to the ship was visible everywhere you looked - there were holes riddled here and there, some where you could even make out space on the other side of it, and plasma scoring was commonplace. Whatever had happened here, you were glad that you were leaving.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2013-11-18 at 11:50 AM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

9. - Top - End - #909

PirateCaptain

Simon takes his position checks his weapons and asks "What is the threat Major, more insurgents?"

10. - Top - End - #910

Argyle's eye catches the light from where he holds the helmet, his eyes narrow as he begins speaking.
    "Gnomere please access Drake's TacPad and link it to mine."
    "Why-?"
    "Do it."

His full body is suddenly on high alert as he scans the room, including roof, flicking between normal and IR vision, all senses on high alert.

Spoiler: Listen and spot, AI unasisted.
    Show

Spot: (1d20+8)[13]
    Listen: (1d20+8)[26]
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

11. - Top - End - #911

"No, not exactly. I'm not sure that I am at wholly at liberty to say, but seeing as the information has yet to be classified and your lives are on the line here, I'll let my team tell you all about it."

Valen activates a particular door and you walk into a medium-size Cargo Bay. Inside, you see four other Spartans - two of which are carting an additional two dead ones and the other two of which are sweeping the room. The Major immediately goes into a firing stance and joins in the sweep.

"What's going on, Captain?", he spouts with a small amount of worry to his voice.

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, you guys are all together now (except for poor Otep, who is waiting so patiently).
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

12. - Top - End - #912

"Drake's tac marker is active. I think a friendly mark but I'd rather keep my pants up."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr synced his suit up, as instructed and took the position he was ordered to, drawing his battle rifle. Not entirely sure about the situation, he concerntrates on keep a watchful eye out. Once they reached the room with the other Spartans, he relaxed a little. Despite the corpses, the number of Spartans he was aware of had just doubled, and if they had time to move bodies, their was probably no immediate threat.

However, just as he relaxed, their commander tensed, causing Vidarr to worry. Why would they bother with the dead before securing a safe zone? Spinning around, Vidarr covered their rear as he walked backwards into the room.

Sir, the quick and dirty should be enough. What am I shooting at, and how many times until its dead?
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-11-18 at 05:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #914

"Jury's still out on what to call them, Warrant Officer. But they're big, ugly, and mean. They have some sort of shoulder-mounted laser, a blade mounted on their forearm, and a staff of some kind. They're tough and strong as an Elite, but they don't seem to have much in the way of shields."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

Big, ugly, mean enemies? I know what to call them, Sir, Lead Catchers. Vidarr quipped. What's the exit plan?

16. - Top - End - #916

"What he forgot to mention is invisible as well, they have better cloaking than elites but it doesn't hold up under fire... Gnomere, what's taking you so long?"

Spoiler: Computer use roll, incase you were waiting
    Show

(1d20+18)[36]
    Show

Life is Hectic.

17. - Top - End - #917

"And what the Major also forgot to mention was that they took down two Spartans before we were able to land a hit, or even figure out where they were. And a third in close combat before we took 'em down. Had to burn one and goomba stomp the other before they went down for good."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Vidarr frowned under his helmet. Big, nasty, invisible, powerful, ugly Lead Catchers, huh? And the take quite a bit to put down. Damn. Sounds like I might have woken up in hell. Any quirks then? How do we bring them down if they are so tough? Or is the current stratagem to just feed them more lead than they can eat?

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fire helps," a new voice added to the discussion, "messes with their camo."
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

20. - Top - End - #920

DrowGuy

When the new recruits arrive with Valen in the room, Anex takes some time to size them up, before getting into the conversation:
    Shooting them in the face seems to help as well.
    He points at the body of the "alien enemy" which was not taken to the Dawn Evader
    Like we did with that one.

21. - Top - End - #921

Finally, Gnomere responded to Argyle's request.

[Argyle]Sir, I was having some trouble authenticating the signal that I can only assume you are concerned with from X696's Tactical Pad. I believe it may actually be an alarm tied to the vital signs of another Spartan unit - one previously linked to X696, Captain.

The creature that one of the other Spartans had pointed out was sprawled out behind a UNSC weapons crate, charred and full of bullet holes - bright green fluid sprayed all over it and the ground around it. It was about the size of an Elite and the rest of what you were told about them around seemed true enough.

"The exit plan, Spartan, is to get out of here with the rest of us intact. I've lost five under my command today and I'd rather not loose any more. Makes me look bad.", Valen added, though the last part, you all knew, was of little consequence compared to the sense of loss that Onyx and Ivory Teams were all feeling.

"O23, what is the SitRep on that AI of yours? Is he going to give us something that we can use?"
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

22. - Top - End - #922

PirateCaptain

Looking at the beast on the floor Simon shook his head. He then setup his tacpad to indicate all friendly in the room and kept an eye on his motion tracker. "Do they show up on the motion tracker?" Simon asked trying to find an edge. An enemy with better camo than an elite was something that Simon did not like hearing.

23. - Top - End - #923

[Gnomere]"Are you sure?"
    [Argyle]"Yes."
    [Gnomere]"Get me location."
    Argyle immediately moves to the nearby parked vehicle, trying to open the c*ckpit.

"Apparently there's another spartan pulling a Drake somewhere nearby with fading vitals."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

24. - Top - End - #924

DrowGuy

Anex immediately starts to search for the hidden Spartan in the nearby vehicles.
    If he doesn't find anything, he will help Argyle with the c*ckpit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search check: (1d20+16)[17]

25. - Top - End - #925

"Only if they're moving.", retorted the Major to Simon's question. When Argyle relayed that information that had been imparted to him via his complex AI, Valen moved to follow.

"Do you have their position? Can we track it?"

When Argyle and Anex both check the vehicles here in the Docking Bay, they found them all empty. Argyle's TacPad had uploaded the information from Drake's suit and he could now see that the signal seemed to be coming from not too far away, back the opposite direction from Cryogenic Storage.

"Let's go through role call as we move - it's time to multitask gentlemen. I've already given my intro; do the same and sound off."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

26. - Top - End - #926

Hefting his bruteshot up onto his shoulder, Volsung begins moving to the edges of the hangar to search. "The name's Volsung, rank captain, and I be the only one trained as a medic in this outfit. Number's R36. Anything else can wait until we get off this floating deathtrap."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2013-11-20 at 06:06 PM.

I have a quote!
    I like you.

27. - Top - End - #927

"Spartan 023, Captain Argyle specialising in Tech-Opps and Tactics. My AI's are Smart Rated Gníomhaire who covers almost everything I do, and Dumb rated Iaoch who serves as a suit regulator at the most part."
    "I take offence at that last part."
    "Doesn't make it false. Suits and comms are now fully linked, updating huds with a tac marker now."
    "Oh, and if we ever talk in unison don't get too surprised."

Argyle begins moving towards the tac marker where a Spartan is expected be, helmet in tow.

"So, do you three happen to know how many Spartans were supposed to be in this tin can?"
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-11-20 at 08:43 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

After the rescue party introduces themselves, Vidarr followed suit. Vidarr, Warrant Officer, call sign VD47. Marksman. There's not much else to say about that.

Turning to address Argyle, he shook his head curtly. Negative, sir, we were just napping here, unaware of anything beyond whatever dreams decided to float into our heads. We were informed of anything about the ship, save that they'd pick us up and set us down somewhere else.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Gunnar, Warrant Officer, G527. I'm a skirmisher. Somehow wound up with a Smart AI by the name of Kunskap. Doesn't do much, other than pipe up with useless information in my ear, and gripe about being assigned to me.

Amazingly, that's true... Except for the Useless part. Anything I say to him has to do with the current situation.

Gunnar has had his hand hovering near his SMG almost since he got out of the Cryotube, checking the corners every room he's entered.
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Treeman's Triumph Seasons VI: 3/8/2 Loser in the Crud! Cup Match
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist

30. - Top - End - #930

DrowGuy

Warrant officer Anex, call sign 544, specialed in recon and such.
    Anex drones up.
    We were sent here to secure some objectives, but met some heavy resistance, 3 casualties, objectives secured, time to get this last Spartan in safety and go home.