New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evil Game (IC)

1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Game (IC)

Kassander never thought he would have reason to call a man with two personalities wise, but the man obviously was. At least, the quieter one was. So was Aes, and the suggestion of the two of them to see if they could be hired for killing the dragon was a wise one. Yet the ithillid seemed like it would be problematic.

"Think of it more like getting rewarded for the same job twice, Nixith. Now, let us find something for Dirk quickly so we can begin."

Kassander waited for War to leave before exiting himself, not wishing to give War the pleasure of seeing Kassander have to duck through the doorway.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sir Chivalry you are up :D

I believe we are done RPing this part! :D

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Above the meeting place is a spralling undercity, filled with people in cowls and dim lantern light. Moving through it, you come to a nearby magic shop, where a man in a hood is working a stall in front of the store.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dirk first walks over to the stall and takes a look, but being able to read magic, he starts to converse with the man.

I'm looking for an item. Something to transmutate energy into another form. What do you got and how much are you asking for it?

Dirk says this in a natural and monotone voice. He is a little suspicious of the man though.

I also want to know what the difference between your wares and that of the one's sold in the store behind you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just gonna throw some checks out there
    Dipolmace (1d20+2)[13]
    Knowledge (Psionic) on anything he offers me (1d20+8)[26]
    Sense motive (just in case) (1d20+1)[17]
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Kassander surveyed the wares, less interested in finding an item for Dirk to convert his magic. He was looking for something else, something more valuable. And something he didn't want the others to know.

Kassander had devoted his life the the study of the arcane, but he had never learnt magic, instead preferring to use that knowledge to improve his body. A wizard could be taken out by an anti-magic field, but your body could never be removed from you, Kassander had reasoned. The irony of this statement, considering his current predicament, was not lost on him.

From his studies, Kassander had learnt of a special type of item. He had used it once before, when he had Dusk forged, though its true potential was wasted then. This item had the ability to bind the very soul of a dead god into it, turn the god into nothing more that energy that could be bent to the wielder's will. When Kassander used it last time, he had bound the soul of a god so long dead that it had decayed to the point where it contained only a fraction of its power. This time, he would use it over the corpse of a freshly slain god.

It was unlikely that you would find an item like this in a store on the street, but sometimes these items fell into the hands of people who did not know their true worth. The first one he found had been mistaken as a simple dagger, with no aware of its magic. At the very least, it was worth trying to find another one here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Making a Knowledge (Arcana) check to see if I find it. (1d20+14)[32]

Please note I only want this item as a piece of flavour. I don't expect to ever be able to use the trickster god's soul to create a weapon, as that would be at the . Also, you can use Kassander's quest for this item any way you wish. You can either give it to me now, and it can be used to create tension among the group as I try and hide the item (because naturally everyone else would be interested in binding the trickster god's soul and use it for whatever they want to do with it) or use it as a quest later, maybe even forcing Kasander to return to the Hundred Army (in this case, it might be best that the item have the additional benefit of being one of the few ways to actually kill the trickster god, so that the others have a reason to complete the quest. THough of course, it could equally be done that I have to trick the group into doing this for me, for some nice roleplaying opportunities). Your choice.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36

Spoiler
    Show

I would like to point out that the New Firm is NOT interested in taking possession of the bound God... you can keep him bound in a trinket and use his powers anyway you want :D

The New Firm (i.e. Pin and Tulip) ARE interested in settling the score as this impacts their fame which had been impeccable so far AND in good old plain gold and platinum... maybe even silver but definetly not copper...

So yea, give us some money and you can keep the God!

The goliath did his best to contain the two personalities without making it obvious that a huge struggle was taking place inside him. The first, Mr Tulip, struggling part wanted nothing more than to rip the man apart for daring to wear a hood and violating the rules of decency that said no stalls in front of stores. The second, Mr Pin, struggling to not just rob the man.

Instead after a moment of silence and while staying next to the shadows the goliath said with a strain in his voice.

"Yes... and chop chop please, we aint got all day..."
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-05-24 at 06:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

War patiently awaits the completion of shopping

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Aes Allander

He did not know this city well, and though his plan had first seem to stick with the group, their interest in destruction soon took over the focus of their puny minds.
    He would wait though, patience had not always been one of his primary virtues, but he knew how to play the long game, as his erstwhile tutors had learned in the Blood-night. When they were done with shopping, he would take them, even the more belligerent ones he supposed and they would find some appropriate financial backing, or other suitable rewards for their endeavours.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamer View Post
    Dirk first walks over to the stall and takes a look, but being able to read magic, he starts to converse with the man.

I'm looking for an item. Something to transmutate energy into another form. What do you got and how much are you asking for it?

Dirk says this in a natural and monotone voice. He is a little suspicious of the man though.

I also want to know what the difference between your wares and that of the one's sold in the store behind you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just gonna throw some checks out there
    Dipolmace [roll0]
    Knowledge (Psionic) on anything he offers me [roll1]
    Sense motive (just in case) [roll2]
    "There is no difference, I simply keep the goods in the store so as to discourage theft. One moment, I shall search for the item."

He bows and goes into his store, locking the door as he does.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

10. - Top - End - #40

get tired of waiting and gather information on this dragon, possible rewards related to him, name, size, etc.

(1d20+9)[11]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

The man returns with the requested item

"Thank you for your patience. Is the item to your liking?"

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

12. - Top - End - #42

Annoyed by the continued delays Mr Tulip takes over.

"Come on already! Do you want the ring or not man!" he rumbles and stares at the vendor with a deranged look.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-06-01 at 08:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sir, this ring, is it to your liking? Please restrain your companion or I shall have to call the guard. I will be one thousand gold, is that acceptable."

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

14. - Top - End - #44

Dirk stares at the ring longingly. Once he hears the price is 1000 gp he scrambles for his pouch and counts out the money as fast as he can.

998... 999..1000!

He pushes the pile of coins foward with his lower arms and motions for the ring with 1 arm while putting the pouch away with the other

Hand me the precious my good sir. I wants it, we needs it. My precious it calls to us

Spoiler
    Show
    Dirk really wants that ring :P
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Aes

Aes stood behind the rest, and was disappointed by each's lack of social skills and patience: just because they all desired to hold the world in their flaming fists, didn't mean that they need go around a city scaring the locals.
    I think it will take a bit of persuasion for anyone to believe we are heroic 'adventurers' Aes thought, but luckily that was one of his specialities.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamer View Post
    Dirk stares at the ring longingly. Once he hears the price is 1000 gp he scrambles for his pouch and counts out the money as fast as he can.

998... 999..1000!

He pushes the pile of coins foward with his lower arms and motions for the ring with 1 arm while putting the pouch away with the other

Hand me the precious my good sir. I wants it, we needs it. My precious it calls to us

Spoiler
    Show
    Dirk really wants that ring :P
    The merchant takes out a bag of holding and scoops the money in, and then gives the ring over. The transaction takes a few minutes, as he inspects random gold in order to ensure no foul play.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Disappointed that he was unable to find his own item, Kassander instead decided to move to the next objective "Now that we have Dirk's ring, let us try and find someone who can give us a job. I believe have some ideas of how best to find one."

Kassander wasn't an expert at this, but he knew how to get along with people. Talk to a person the right way, and they would quickly lead him to where he wanted to go.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information Check: (1d20+8)[9]
    Last edited by SecondRevan; 2012-06-02 at 09:58 PM.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Aes

He watched as Kassander started to move among the crowd, trying to find out more about suitable employers. He rose and followed, mingling and attempting to find out about the general political and governmental structure, plus any gossip about the various officials.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information: (1d20+5)[19]

19. - Top - End - #49

upon returning from information gathering

"The natives were.. less than cooperative with my efforts, did anyone else learn of any rewards for this dragon?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

"The routes I usually take to find information don't seem to exist either. I couldn't find anything"

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

The populace is guarded and sullen, ignoring most questions, giving vague answers for ones they do answer

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

22. - Top - End - #52

War grabs the nearest villager and snarls at them, eyes alight.

"Shout for help and i snap your neck. Red Dragon nearby, Tell me all you know or i break every bone in your hand. Name, Size and any price on its head."

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+37)[54] intimidate

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tharione View Post
    War grabs the nearest villager and snarls at them, eyes alight.

"Shout for help and i snap your neck. Red Dragon nearby, Tell me all you know or i break every bone in your hand. Name, Size and any price on its head."

Spoiler
    Show

[roll0] intimidate
    "Alterax, adult but only recently, I've heard they'll pay 19,000 gold and let you keep his hoard . . . oh god, please don't kill me."

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54

"Good boy."

Toss the person aside and proceed toward location of dragon lair.

"Well gentlemen, it seems finesse is dead. Lets ride."

25. - Top - End - #55

Over hearing the threatening "interrogation" of the commoner, Dirk walks over but thinks there's more information to be heard. He squats next to the mans head and 'smiles'

"All that is nice to know. But who is it that I come to afterwards for the money?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's attempt a not so amazing intimidation check as that last one there
    intimidation (1d20+7)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Summon skeletal steed, mount up, and start off at a full run toward dragons location.

Spoiler
    Show

375 feet per round, mount never tires due to undead.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Heading for the hills once the group is clear of the undercity, the realm of the dragon lurches into view, a charred and barren land of scorched earth and tree stumps.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

"Be ready" Kassander said as he saw the charred lands come into view. As he said so, he reached into the dark magic he had collected in his body and unleashed it in an aura encircling him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activate Aura of Vengenance, range 45ft

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Aes Allander

Aes continues with the others, slightly puzzled by the pace of events: it seemed that none of the others intended to wait around and verify the man's statements, nor find out who put the bounty up.

Yet he followed all the same, seeing strength in the company of these people.
    As they entered the ash-strewn land, Aes began to chant almost inaudibly, laying his hands first on one sword then the other.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Magic Weapon Greater twice: once on each short sword.

30. - Top - End - #60

War takes a moment to breathe deep the air of the wonderfully devastated land. It would almost be a pity to put an end to a creature that could do this, but the situation calls for it.

He rides onward!

"How many of you have faced a dragon before?"

Spoiler
    Show

war begins taking a standard action every 5th round to refresh his evils blessing