New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Our Little Adventure: A fun, original fantasy romp

Angelika is showing the typical adventurer mindset here...

Drained of lifeforce to an inch of death:
    Meh, I've had worse, nothing a little restoration can't handle, foe just doing its job, let's not take it personnaly...

Had all her swag stolen:
    THE BASTARD! HOW DARE HE!! I'LL KILL HIM DEAD!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Is it just me, or has the dialogue in the last few strips been even clunkier than usual?
    I think I kind of get what you mean, but I'm generally pretty tolerant about dialogue. As long as the general premise is still coming through, it's gotta be tough to write in six different characters' voices like he does.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

That holds true for the overall storyline, true, but it's the humor that's really suffering. In a non-verbal medium, jokes have to flow smoothly, sound like something someone would actually say, as well as the usual requirement of being funny in the first place. In this case, yeah, the jokes sound like something someone would say, but they don't flow at all.

It kind of gives the impression that the whole party is made up of amateur comedians trying to one-up each other... Which I suppose is actually pretty funny. Just not as funny as well written jokes would be.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

This thread has been buried way too long! We've seen a lot happen, and our favorite adventurers are on the cusp of more fights...

Jordie just summoned a halfling paladin-looking guy...any expectations for the comics ahead?