Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 845
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    That's slightly creepy...
    And also anatomically incorrect as the skull of an equine is very different to that of a human. But then again, Ponies from My Little Pony aren't exactly "Of this Earth".
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    Current avatar by Smuchmuch. (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Day 467: The Screamer

    BUNNIEZH

    Links

    Time: 1 hour
    Music: SO MANY F*ING WONDERS
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dexam's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Flanhk-Marepork
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Day 467: The Screamer

    BUNNIEZH

    Links
    Spoiler
    Show


    I take it you've sent a copy/link to Yaplap? If not, do so - I command thee!

    Avatars: "Fetlock Equinari, Ponytrician of Flanhk-Marepork, featuring Bank Chairman Mr Fusspot" by Dirtytabs; Ponified Othar Tryggvassen by Madcrafter; "Dexam with April from CRFH!!!" by Maritza Campos.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Spoiler
    Show


    I take it you've sent a copy/link to Yaplap? If not, do so - I command thee!

    I have, and his is the first comment on the devart page
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Day 468: how hold cup

    Half assed but 15 minutes

    Links

    Time: 15 minutes
    Music: Everybody Loves Me
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Day 469: Aranatan

    Gonna have to do today's ATG tomorrow morning 'cause I'm bushed.

    Links
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Day 470: Metaluchador

    You figure it out.

    Links

    Time: 1 hour 15 mins
    Music: Ultimate Sweetie Belle
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Day 471: Road to Heroism

    Charger.

    Links

    Time: 1 hour
    Music: Great to be Different
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Maxtronaut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    My personal dreadnaught.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Day 471: Road to Heroism

    Charger.

    Links

    Time: 1 hour
    Music: Great to be Different
    Oh, she's running towards something. I get it now.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Tiki Snakes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Crystal Wasteland

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Day 470: Metaluchador

    You figure it out.

    Links

    Time: 1 hour 15 mins
    Music: Ultimate Sweetie Belle
    I'm just going to...leave this here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    Transparent version because we all have our obsessions.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Also incase you are allergic to dirtily obvious filters.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    I'm just going to...leave this here.
    oh celestia why did i create this character

    day 472: party time

    party party party

    links

    time: 20 minutes
    music: new york new york
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Partying is clearly serious business...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    Current avatar by Smuchmuch. (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Tiki Snakes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Crystal Wasteland

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    oh celestia why did i create this character
    Because apparently mask is at least a little bit terrible at choosing things when put on the spot.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Partying is clearly serious business...
    Absolutely. You think those balloon animals tie themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Because apparently mask is at least a little bit terrible at choosing things when put on the spot.
    No, she's actually terrific at it. She holds the keys to almost all my adaptive thinking.

    She intended to do this.
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Tiki Snakes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Crystal Wasteland

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Ah, but her choice appalled your other two fragments, perhaps?

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Ah, but her choice appalled your other two fragments, perhaps?
    Yeah. Jayden mourns the loss of the ideal and Charger is irked at the change of aesthetics, which is exactly why the concept is amusing for Mask. Jayden's ascendant right now, though, and is concerned at being saddled with the complexity of this heel-face turn.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-08-30 at 08:45 AM.
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Tiki Snakes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Crystal Wasteland

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Yeah. Jayden mourns the loss of the ideal and Charger is irked at the change of aesthetics, which is exactly why the concept is amusing for Mask. Jayden's ascendant right now, though, and is concerned at being saddled with the complexity of this heel-face turn.
    Mask makes an unconvincing Heel.
    (Though the Luchador twist on it provides an interesting comparison, given that both Rudos and Technicos are quite honorable in comparison to the American lot, respecting the rules of wager matches and the whole mask ettiquette thing. Almost more like Paragon vs Renegade than Good Vs Evil, I guess?)

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Day 473: Charger's Terrible Day

    FINALLY done with the ATG, and with drawing ponies for the immediate future.

    2 minutes per sketch, timed it out.

    Safety Ball Mask is now a thing.

    Links

    Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
    Music: In Your Prime
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-08-31 at 07:44 AM.
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Day 474: Aboleth

    A new challenge begins.

    I've got my old 3.0 edition of the Monster Manual, and I'm going to go through it cover-to-cover and draw every critter in there at least once. This challenge is designed to get me familiar with drawing strange and inhuman creatures, broaden my range, and get me used to new tricks and techniques I wouldn't learn through my usual spheres.

    This is not going to be a one monster a day challenge. I reserve the right to spend as long on each critter as I need.

    So, day one: The Aboleth! I've had an idea for a campaign involving an Aboleth in my head for a million years.

    The monster, old and blind, was washed up on a rocky reef outside a small fishing village. Half-suffocated by the unnatural air, the Aboleth began to go insane, calling out in psychic dreams and mournful whale-song to the village.

    Over time, the village began to be shaped by the old monster's will. The Aboleth had never encountered humanity before, and began possessing townsfolk from it's rocky prison, exploring the society of it's lessers out of agonising boredom. In a curious case of stockholm syndrome, the Aboleth actually started to like the humans - and even fell in love with one boy in particular. Unfortunately it doesn't know how to, or understand the idea of, possessing a specific person. So it just grabs whatever mind it can and then begins stalking, reading poetry to, singing alien whale-music at and generally trying to flirt with the boy it loves.

    The Aboleth is now almost so insane that it's barely aware of it's desiccated body on the rocks any more, trying haphazardly and earnestly to fit in to the town despite having to possess random townsfolk and being an alien monster. The townsfolk think it's some kind of ghost or spirit. The Aboleth stares with blind eyes into a brass mirror it desperately clutches and imagines it is a pretty human, with long hair to comb and lungs that can breathe air.

    Links

    Time: 45 minutes
    Music: Horizontal Rain
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-09-01 at 07:30 AM.
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    That poor hideous aberration from the abyssal reaches of the Earth...
    I'm sad now.

    Oh, the philosophical questions such an event would bring to the minds of those adventurers who encounter it.
    Should they slay the creature and end its suffering? Or grant it human form so that it can spend its final days amongst those it has come to love?

    I think this song is appropriate...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    Current avatar by Smuchmuch. (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    That poor hideous aberration from the abyssal reaches of the Earth...
    I'm sad now.

    Oh, the philosophical questions such an event would bring to the minds of those adventurers who encounter it.
    Should they slay the creature and end its suffering? Or grant it human form so that it can spend its final days amongst those it has come to love?

    I think this song is appropriate...
    Very appropriate, thank you for linking that.
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Very appropriate, thank you for linking that.
    Glad I could help.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    Current avatar by Smuchmuch. (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I was feeling braindead so I just sketched what I saw.

    I've been looking closely at a lot of anime styles recently, and from a lot of angles. A huge part of it is the movement; motion lets you get away with a lot of things that don't particularly work in a still shot.

    I don't particularly like the anime facial style, truth be told. The faces of the characters manage to consistently be the least interesting parts of their designs. I feel like that's a bit of a waste.

    Hmm, there's a challenge for myself... Draw a bunch of anime characters with distinctive and significantly different facial structures
    Good luck. You'll note anime has certain stock faces and stick to them; identifiable, repeatable and abstractable. Try to nail those benchmarks and you're golden.

    You'll find there is a reason most anime characters are impossible to differentiate when you take off the hair, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Day 426: How The World Works

    Stephanie's views on how the world works.

    Links

    Time: 30 minutes
    Music: Cish Cash
    Damn wizrobes be whack, yo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Not the most common argument, but one that I know pops up occasionally.
    Did you win by reminding said ancient undying monster that it's more practical to possess an army tank or attack helicopter?
    No, but we should have!
    Damn it hindsight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Hm. I might have an idea.

    Day 432: Inking Month

    Okay, this sketching has gone on way too long and I'm gonna forcefully wean myself off it. New rule is no sketches for a month (excepting pen and paper days); pictures have to be inked, painted or coloured in some way. Let's see if I can get some new techniques and efficiency.

    Today's was a partial experiment in line width. Some interesting things learned but nothing to write home about yet. There were some other layers and an attempt at greyscale colouring to this but they didn't work out so I'm just showing the inkline.

    Links

    Time: 35 minutes
    Music: Blue (Da Be Dee)
    Huh. So we are letting structure issues go so you can practice stuff now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    A dagger! A rainbow dagger in my blackened internet heart!
    There ya go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Day 461: Bork bork

    Bork bork bork bork. Oooh bork bork bjork bork bork

    Bork

    Bork: Bork bork
    Bork: Bork bork bork
    ALL OF THE HIGH FIVES
    /) /) /) /) /) !!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Day 474: Aboleth

    A new challenge begins.

    I've got my old 3.0 edition of the Monster Manual, and I'm going to go through it cover-to-cover and draw every critter in there at least once. This challenge is designed to get me familiar with drawing strange and inhuman creatures, broaden my range, and get me used to new tricks and techniques I wouldn't learn through my usual spheres.

    This is not going to be a one monster a day challenge. I reserve the right to spend as long on each critter as I need.

    So, day one: The Aboleth! I've had an idea for a campaign involving an Aboleth in my head for a million years.

    The monster, old and blind, was washed up on a rocky reef outside a small fishing village. Half-suffocated by the unnatural air, the Aboleth began to go insane, calling out in psychic dreams and mournful whale-song to the village.

    Over time, the village began to be shaped by the old monster's will. The Aboleth had never encountered humanity before, and began possessing townsfolk from it's rocky prison, exploring the society of it's lessers out of agonising boredom. In a curious case of stockholm syndrome, the Aboleth actually started to like the humans - and even fell in love with one boy in particular. Unfortunately it doesn't know how to, or understand the idea of, possessing a specific person. So it just grabs whatever mind it can and then begins stalking, reading poetry to, singing alien whale-music at and generally trying to flirt with the boy it loves.

    The Aboleth is now almost so insane that it's barely aware of it's desiccated body on the rocks any more, trying haphazardly and earnestly to fit in to the town despite having to possess random townsfolk and being an alien monster. The townsfolk think it's some kind of ghost or spirit. The Aboleth stares with blind eyes into a brass mirror it desperately clutches and imagines it is a pretty human, with long hair to comb and lungs that can breathe air.

    Links

    Time: 45 minutes
    Music: Horizontal Rain
    ****, man. That's dark.
    The picture is well done, but it looks like the kind of thing I'd expect from
    A video game, where instead I accounting or structure the whole grit end just bends sideways. Or like a bad CGI movie.


    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfate View Post
    Devils! Stop binding SiuiS' pony!

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    ****, man. That's dark.
    The picture is well done, but it looks like the kind of thing I'd expect from
    A video game, where instead I accounting or structure the whole grit end just bends sideways. Or like a bad CGI movie.
    Uh, thanks? I don't quite see what your complaint is or how to fix it.

    Day 475: Achaierai

    Wow, here's an obscure one.

    An Achaieri is a weird-ass fat chicken devil who wanders around in Hell farting up awful smelling black clouds. They're stupid and ugly and get eaten all the time by the real devils. I don't know if anyone ever used them or if they even made it into 3.5.

    Links

    Time: 30 minutes
    Music: Unstoppable Trixie
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Uh, thanks? I don't quite see what your complaint is or how to fix it.
    You bent a skull where there at no joints and it looks like a rubber toy.

    Day 475: Achaierai

    Wow, here's an obscure one.

    An Achaieri is a weird-ass fat chicken devil who wanders around in Hell farting up awful smelling black clouds. They're stupid and ugly and get eaten all the time by the real devils. I don't know if anyone ever used them or if they even made it into 3.5.

    Links

    Time: 30 minutes
    Music: Unstoppable Trixie
    They did make it in. They are some sort of obscure joke from the plan escape days. Yours is much more bitchin' than I've bet seen them. Kudos.


    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfate View Post
    Devils! Stop binding SiuiS' pony!

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    You bent a skull where there at no joints and it looks like a rubber toy.
    I thought of it not having a skull, being more like an eel.

    They did make it in. They are some sort of obscure joke from the plan escape days. Yours is much more bitchin' than I've bet seen them. Kudos.
    Thanks!
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tectonic Robot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The States
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Yo, Thanqol, er... might I request a pirate avatar for Talk-like-a-pirate-day? ^^'''
    Proud member of the Gnomish Wanderer fanclub!

    Spoiler: Full Size Avatar!
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Yo, Thanqol, er... might I request a pirate avatar for Talk-like-a-pirate-day? ^^'''
    Tell you what, if I do one for myself I'll do one for you too.

    Day 476: Thanqol Sells Out

    Momma's birthday dinner, sketched this outside the restaurant.

    Links
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Day 477: Allip

    Sorry for the slight blur.

    An Allip is a headless ghost of someone who goes crazy and offs themselves, and is essentially a free-floating ball of crazy that makes others go crazy. Notable for having, in that very 3.0 way, 1d4 points of permanent wisdom drain per hit, meaning that getting touched three times by one can turn your cleric or druid into a very expensive Warrior chassis.

    Links
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thanqol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia

    Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

    Day 478: Animated Object

    Next on our Monster Manual Expedition, the Animated Object.

    The most memorable animated object I used... that'd have to be the communication artifact wielded by a senior Silver Ladder mage named Riechstag in my Perfect Arrow tabletop. Whenever he wanted to speak to someone he'd put on a magical gauntlet in his study and start writing on a piece of paper. Elsewhere, all the pens, rulers, staplers and other bits of office equipment on the target's desk would arrange themselves into the form of an arm, which would then start writing out Riechstag's message.

    It was intended to be a creepy, high-magic form of communication from a paranoid old Master. It worked; Riechstag was one of my favourite NPCs in that game.

    Picturewise, this was a bit of a rough experiment. At least one thing paid off so that's good to know.

    Links

    Time: 35 mins
    Music: Letters
    But over all things brooding slept
    The quiet sense of something lost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •