New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 91 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXI

A 236

You don't have any "lost" levels; you merely have non-Druid levels. A multiclassing Druid can gain some improvement to spellcasting (CL) via the Practiced Spellcaster feat (Complete Divine, page 82). A Druid multiclassing with Scout can benefit from the Swift Avenger feat (Dragon # 357, page 87) to stack Druid+Scout levels for daily wild shape uses.

A 237 No.

Shadow Blade does not replace STR mod with DEX mod for use of Shadow Hand weapons; it adds to it. There is no multiplication of this ability unless explicitly called out (and I know of no such statement in the rules).

A 238

This combination is not possible under normal circumstances. Decisive Strike requires its own full-round action. If you had some extra action allowing a bull rush (either a standard action bull rush attack or a full-round action for a charge attack including a bull rush), and managed to inflict Dungeon Crasher damage by forcing the enemy into a wall before your next turn, then the damage from that attack would be doubled.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 239: When you determine the ECL for formula of reducing level adjustments. In Unearth Arcana it states you use (ECL - 1) x 1000. Now, it doesn't include racial HDs when you figure up what level you are able to start a reduction. So is a level 5 Loxo, an ecl of 12? 5 for class level, 2 for la, and 5 for hd?

Q 240: If this is correct, then even though a level 5 loxo, would be able to start a reduction at level 6, they actually can't be cause you won't be able to spend enough xp to pay for the reduction. 5->6 requires 5k more exp, this loxo is going to need 11,000 xp for its first reduction, which means, they can't even get 11k exp saved up until they are ready to level upto 12.

This can't be right can it?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Q241: Does a Changeling Druid X/Warshaper 5 get both Flashmorph and Multimorph?
    Metal Perfection - a template for creatures born on Mirrodin.
    True Ferocity - a simple fix for Orcs and Half-Orcs.
    Monastic Magus - a spiritual successor to the Unarmed Swordsage.
    Pathfinder-ish Synthesist - a simple fix making Synthesist Summoners follow polymorph rules.
    Sword & Sorcery for Sneaky Scoundrels - rogue archetypes/fixes that aim to turn the rogue into a warrior/caster.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Q 242 What classes and prestige classes other then Paladin grant Divine Grace, any?

Q 243 Is there a way to gain Wisdom mod to HP in place of Constitution?

Q 244 Is there a way other then dipping a class (Such as cleric.) to gain Turn Undead attempts that can bw burned to do other things such a travel devotion?

Edit: Sorry, on the second question mean to say Con, not Str. Don't know what I was thinking.
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2012-06-14 at 07:17 PM.
    "I Burn!"

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by killem2 View Post
    Q 239: When you determine the ECL for formula of reducing level adjustments. In Unearth Arcana it states you use (ECL - 1) x 1000. Now, it doesn't include racial HDs when you figure up what level you are able to start a reduction. So is a level 5 Loxo, an ecl of 12? 5 for class level, 2 for la, and 5 for hd?

Q 240: If this is correct, then even though a level 5 loxo, would be able to start a reduction at level 6, they actually can't be cause you won't be able to spend enough xp to pay for the reduction. 5->6 requires 5k more exp, this loxo is going to need 11,000 xp for its first reduction, which means, they can't even get 11k exp saved up until they are ready to level upto 12.

This can't be right can it?
    A 239 Correct. A Loxo with five levels of a PC class is ECL 12, and ECL is used in the formula for calculating the cost of buying back levels. Note that a level 5 Loxo cannot buy off any level adjustment yet, as per the rules in Unearthed Arcana.

A 240 A level 6 loxo needs to spend (13-1)x1000=12,000 xp to buy off their first point of level adjustment, as per the formula you quoted. A level 6 loxo, as an ECL 13 character, has at least 78,000 xp, and no more than 91,000 xp. As such, paying 12,000 xp would almost always bring them back to ECL 12, exactly as Unearthed Arcana suggests.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

A 241

RAW, as long as a Changeling is not in their natural form (pale, thin, etc...) then all of a Warshaper's abilities are in full effect.

A 242

Yes. Off the top of my head, look up the Prestigious Paladin (UA) and the Divine Mind (CPsi).

A 243

If you mean adding your Wisdom modifier to HP, then kind of. There's a feat in Underdark (Wisdom Breeds Caution) that allows you to add your Wisdom modifier to your hit points at first level only. Note that you also gain a single hit point each time you gain another point of Wisdom.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    A 241 RAW, as long as a Changeling is not in their natural form (pale, thin, etc...) then all of a Warshaper's abilities are in full effect.
    Q241cont.: I don't think you quite understood my question. At Warshaper 5, you get Fastmorph if you have the Shapechanger subtype or Multimorph if you have the Wild Shape class feature. But it isn't clear on what happens if you have both.
    Metal Perfection - a template for creatures born on Mirrodin.
    True Ferocity - a simple fix for Orcs and Half-Orcs.
    Monastic Magus - a spiritual successor to the Unarmed Swordsage.
    Pathfinder-ish Synthesist - a simple fix making Synthesist Summoners follow polymorph rules.
    Sword & Sorcery for Sneaky Scoundrels - rogue archetypes/fixes that aim to turn the rogue into a warrior/caster.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Larkas View Post
    Q241cont.: I don't think you quite understood my question. At Warshaper 5, you get Fastmorph if you have the Shapechanger subtype or Multimorph if you have the Wild Shape class feature. But it isn't clear on what happens if you have both.
    Sorry for not reading your question carefully enough.

It's best to ask your DM in a case like this. Personally, I'd probably rule that you get flashmorph, because the Changeling's Minor Shapeshift ability is an inherent part of the character, rather than WS, which is acquired. YMMV, though.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 245: Is there an oversized multiweapon fighting feat? or can a thri-kreen take oversized two-weapon fighting?
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    A 241

RAW, as long as a Changeling is not in their natural form (pale, thin, etc...) then all of a Warshaper's abilities are in full effect.

A 242

Yes. Off the top of my head, look up the Prestigious Paladin (UA) and the Divine Mind (CPsi).

A 243

If you mean adding your Wisdom modifier to HP, then kind of. There's a feat in Underdark (Wisdom Breeds Caution) that allows you to add your Wisdom modifier to your hit points at first level only. Note that you also gain a single hit point each time you gain another point of Wisdom.
    Yes I do mean Wis to HP, had a typo earlier. And wasn't there a Psionics option floating around somewhere that granted Wis to HP? A feat or power or combo there of or something?
    "I Burn!"

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 245 No.

There is no Oversized Multiweapon Fighting, and a Thri-Kreen cannot take Oversized Two-weapon Fighting because they cannot satisfy the Two-Weapon Fighting prerequisite. (Multiweapon Fighting replaces Two-Weapon Fighting for creatures with more than two arms.) Wield Oversized Weapon will help regardless of number of arms, but this is only available at Epic levels.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 246: If a level 1 thrikreen fighter, wield four light picks, and has multiweapon fighting, does this fighter take -4 to primary hand and -4 to all off hands? Does the multiweapon fighting feat disregard the use of light vs one handed weapons?

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 246

Yes, the penalties with Multiweapon Fighting would be -4 to all hands. There is no further reduction if off hand weapons are light.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 247: When you use Lightning Mace Style feat, and you score a critical hit (or threat rather), do you still get your critical hit damage as normal AND an extra attack?

Q 248: When you are a creature that is granted racial hit dice, is your first racial hit die max possible HP? Then, when you take your first actual class level, do you also get max HP for that as well?

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 248
    For his or her first Hit Die, a 1st-level character gets the maximum hit points rather than rolling (although Constitution modifiers, positive or negative, still apply).
    Characters (as opposed to monsters) start with the maximum for their first hit die, whether that is a racial or class hit die. All subsequent hit dice are determined normally rather than maximized.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Banned

Q249
    In both the Expanded Psionics Handbook and the SRD, he psionic feat Body Fuel is listed on the table as having Overchannel and Talented as prerequisites, but the text of the feat itself doesn't mention any. Which is correct?

Q250
    Does a canonical Prestige Class exist which integrates Barbarian with Wilder in some fashion (advancing powers and wild surge while also improving raging ability etc.)? If not I'm creating one (except for the canonical part obv).
    Last edited by willpell; 2012-06-15 at 10:24 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 251

How many times can you activate the Kyton Armor (MIC p. 19)? It has 5 chains, but the text does not say that each chain can be used only once.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

A 249
    Text trumps table, so there are no Prereqs as of RAW
    The errata doesn't mention this either

A 251
    As often as you like, BUT you need a swift action to activate the ability, which entails exactly 1 attack. And (normally, there might be ways) you only have 1 swift action per round.
    Last edited by MrLemon; 2012-06-15 at 12:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Banned

Q252
    The power Ecto Protection says you can manifest it as a swift action during the same turn that you manifest an Astral Construct which it protects, but Astral Construct takes a full round to manifest, so the Construct which you're targeting doesn't actually exist at the time you're spending power points both to summon it and to manifest Ecto Protection. Does this somehow work anyway? Also what's with the power's reference to you using an ML check to protect the construct from Dispel Psionics? I thought it was the dispeller who makes an ML check to dispel things; I'm not aware of any option to resist the dispelling as it happens.
    Last edited by willpell; 2012-06-15 at 12:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 253: My dm is trying to make me take Multidexterity to have Multiweapon fighting in 3.5. Where can I find the source that indicates that this is not longer a prereq for the feat?

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

A 253

Boom. The prerequisites are right there, and the SRD includes all errata and updates to the core rules.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 254: When you are a race that has LA and HD, when do you get your attribute increase? Also what is your max skill rank? Say you are a thri-kreen, la +1, 2hd, level 1 class. Does that mean your Character level is actually 4?

Making your class skills rank 7? and also meaning he is granted an attribute increase?

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by killem2 View Post
    Q 254: When you are a race that has LA and HD, when do you get your attribute increase? Also what is your max skill rank? Say you are a thri-kreen, la +1, 2hd, level 1 class. Does that mean your Character level is actually 4?

Making your class skills rank 7? and also meaning he is granted an attribute increase?
    A 254

Ability increases and max skills are determined by HD. Character level is another word for HD.

If you're confused about this sort of thing, you really ought to read my Monster Handbook, link in sig.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

24. - Top - End - #474
    Pixie in the Playground

Q255 Does a person using UMD incur ASF when using a spell completion or spell trigger item?

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 255 No.

Use Magic Device is a skill, not spellcasting, and also is neither arcane nor divine. Arcane Spell Failure is a property of arcane spellcasting.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 256: Can some divide their full attacks among multiple targets if they are in reach? Say you have a CLAW/CLAW/BITE and there are three baddies, can you claw 1st one, claw 2nd one, bite 3rd one?

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 256 Yes.

There would need to be an explicit rule to prevent such a choice, and that rule does not exist.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Banned

Q257: If a Chameleon takes Extra Slot, does he gain an extra slot for both arcane and divine spells, in actuality two slots, or does he have to select which side the slot goes to?

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Q258: Does the additional bonus damage granted by bite of the wolf at higher psywar levels scale up with size? (E.g., would a Large Psychic Warrior 10 manifesting this power gain a 6d6 bite attack, or 2d6+2d8?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

A 257

As the feat itself says, you gain ONE extra slot (of up to a single level lower than the highest spell level you can cast. As it does not specify, you may prepare any spell (that qualifies) in the extra slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Complete Arcane
    You gain one extra spell slot in your daily allotment, at any level up to one lower than the highest level of spell you can currently cast.