New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2449646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2721
  1. - Top - End - #2191
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXI

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    Q1094 Can a changeling with the feat Racial Emulation (RoE 110) take levels in more than one class that have different racial requirements? If so do I get the bonuses for both? An example the changeling takes both Deepstone Sentinel (requires Dwarf) and Eternal Blade (requires Elf) from Tome of Battle.
    A1094: RAW is murky in this case, the feat states you get the subtypes when you are in said race form and you can't be in elf and Dwarf form at the same time. On the other hand, ToB lacks the the rule that states you loose your class abilities if you cease to meet the pre-requisites and it is generally assumed you only need to meet the Pre-requisites during the leveling up so it could be argued that you could get both classes benefits.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #2192

Q1095

Are soul bows abilities affected by wind wall and other anti missile spells and deflect arrow feats?

3. - Top - End - #2193
    Ogre in the Playground

Pulling my question back to the active page.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    Q1081:
    Is there anywhere where I can find the price for buying animals? I am specifically looking for buying Rats, but anything would be nice.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

4. - Top - End - #2194
    Titan in the Playground

Still waiting for an answer, so reposting it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Q1080 Would preparing a Sanctum Orb of X (normally spell level 4) outside your sanctum allow you to "fuel" a spell storing weapon with the sanctum'ed Orb?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #2195
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 1095 Yes.
    The bolt is identical in all ways (except visually) to an arrow shot from a composite longbow.
    All arrows except for siege engine projectiles are affected by Wind Wall. Deflect Arrows is effective against all ranged weapon attacks.

6. - Top - End - #2196
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 1096: If a thri-kreen becomes a monk, how exactly do you handle its natural attack damage from just being a thri-kreen with the unarmed damage from being a monk and # of attacks.?
    Last edited by killem2; 2012-10-16 at 04:30 PM.
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

7. - Top - End - #2197
    Ogre in the Playground

A 1096

You can make off hand attacks with unarmed strikes. So a Thri-keen would be able to make 4 unarmed attacks.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

8. - Top - End - #2198
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

A 1096 correction

There is no interaction between natural weapons and a Monk's unarmed strikes.

If you want to use both, the rules are the same as for mixing natural attacks with manufactured weapons. You'd take your unarmed strikes as normal, then you could add all four claws as secondary attacks (taking a -5 penalty or -2 w/ Multiattack).
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

9. - Top - End - #2199
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Q 1097:
    Does anyone remember the name (and sourcebook, if possible) of the Template that allows you to play as a golem? I think it turns whatever material you're made of into flesh.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-10-16 at 05:32 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

10. - Top - End - #2200

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    As far as I can tell the item does not have hit dice. It does have hit points though as per the normal rules for items.
    Q 1098: So how do intelligent items interact with HD-dependent affects such as holy word?
    Q 1098: How do intelligent items determine their CL when they cast their SLAs?
    Last edited by NeedsAnswersNao; 2012-10-16 at 06:35 PM.

11. - Top - End - #2201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inexorabletruth View Post
    Q 1097:
    Does anyone remember the name (and sourcebook, if possible) of the Template that allows you to play as a golem? I think it turns whatever material you're made of into flesh.
    A1097Incarnate Construct from Savage Species Page:120. Lets you play as an "awakened construct"
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

The First Rule of Thesaurus Club is: You do not Talk, converse, chat, speak, gossip, chatter, natter, utter, discuss, confer, reason, deliberate, consult, parley, lecture, sermon about Thesaurus Club!

12. - Top - End - #2202
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 1098

Items have 0 hit dice; figure accordingly.

13. - Top - End - #2203
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Urrel View Post
    Q 1089

Am I correct in assuming that since a swift action provokes no attacks of opportunity, therefore an immediate action, identified as "much like" a swift action, also provokes no attacks of opportunity? Or does this assumption go too far?
    I'm re-posting this to move it forward on the thread.

14. - Top - End - #2204
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 1089

An immediate action provokes an attack of opportunity only when explicitly stated as doing so.

15. - Top - End - #2205
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Q1099 Does the spell Cloud of Knives apply a negative level to enemies if it is cast with the metamagic feat Fell Drain?
    Q1100If the above does work, does the negative level get applied each time the enemy is hit by the Cloud of Knives spell, or is only the first time?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

16. - Top - End - #2206
    Titan in the Playground

Q 1101

If I share a Cloud of Knives spell (PHBII 107) with my familiar, then do the knives launched by my familiar use my caster level + Int/Cha for the attack roll, or my familiar's caster level + Int/Cha?

Q 1102

Can a launch a knife with Cloud of Knives the same turn I cast it?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

17. - Top - End - #2207
    Titan in the Playground

Q 1103
    With the feat Staggering Strike (Comp. Adv.), when you SA someone, for 1 round (unless ST, yadda yadda), your target is treated as if it were staggered, aka only a move action or a standard action.
    What happens if I SA my target during its action with an AoO? Do I immediately stop the flow of the action, if this is not compatible with the staggered condition?
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

18. - Top - End - #2208
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 1104

If a Mindblank spell is cast on a character with the Craven feat, can he still use that feat?
    What happens if the spell is Protection from Alignment instead and the character tries to sneak attack those he is protected from?

19. - Top - End - #2209
    Banned

Q1105
    You use the Bluff skill to convince others that a lie is the truth, and if their Sense Motive fails they believe you. What if you actually plan to tell the truth, but the person you're talking to is aware that they arent' good at detecting lies so they reflexively suspect everyone? Is there a skill you can use to 'be an open book", making your earnest honesty plainly apparent? Bonus points if it's anything on the Paladin skill list (saying "I'm a paladin" and having people believe it, even if you're out of spells and such so that you can't prove it, would be one possible use for the skill in question).
    Last edited by willpell; 2012-10-17 at 10:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #2210
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 1106: On the spell Faith Healing, it refers to the word "patron". It says this spell only works on creatures with the same patron as you. What is patron? Alignment? God?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

21. - Top - End - #2211
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 1099 Yes.

A 1100 Just once.

Fell Drain says
    You can alter a spell that deals damage to foes so that any living creature that is dealt damage also gains a negative level.
    The metamagic alteration of any spell is limited to a single negative level to any living creature.

A 1101

You (the PC) are the spellcaster, not the familiar; the spell uses your caster level and attribute. As an NPC, the DM decides what actions the familiar takes with any shared spell, but the spell's characteristics are set at casting. Note regarding the above answer that an enemy cannot gain a further negative level from the combination of Cloud of Knives delivered by both spellcaster and familiar.

A 1102 No.

A knife may only be launched at the beginning of your turn. Since you already have performed some other action (casting), it is no longer the beginning of your turn.

A 1103 Maybe.

All effects with a duration of rounds begin from the time they are initiated and end immediately before the character's turn (at the same initiative count) in a subsequent round. This means that the staggered condition's "each round" limit in this case is not based on the entirety of the enemy's turn in this cycle of the game clock, but a round spanning portions of two game cycle rounds. The enemy retains their game cycle limit of actions in a round, and gains a new limit from being staggered partway through their turn. If they have already taken a move action and your AoO interrupts their standard action, they are limited starting from that point until their next turn, and can still take a standard action; effectively, nothing happens. If instead your AoO interrupts a full-round action the staggered condition would prevent that from being resumed.

A 1106

Your patron is the deity you worship.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; 2012-10-17 at 02:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #2212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q 1107

Can Harm not reduce a target's hit-points below 1 if the target fails the save?
    Round 4: Eat Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Well at least your houserule skill check fumbles have houseruled fumble confirmations.
    The COre COliseum is a tactics-based arena for both 3.5e and 4e D&D. We run fights each week - so join today!
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

23. - Top - End - #2213
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 1107

Harm will leave the subject with more than 1 hit point on a failed save if they had more than (1 + (10 x CL, maximum 150)) HP to start with. But otherwise, there is nothing keeping the target from falling below 1 HP.

24. - Top - End - #2214
    Titan in the Playground

Q1108

If a druid wildshapes into a creature, such as a tiger, that has improved natural attack (bite and claw), does this mean that the druid should use one die lower for these natural attacks? or does the druid use the improved versions?

If the druid gets to use the improved versions, can I get the rules section that states that to present to my DM?

25. - Top - End - #2215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by killem2 View Post
    Q 1106: On the spell Faith Healing, it refers to the word "patron". It says this spell only works on creatures with the same patron as you. What is patron? Alignment? God?
    This spell was updated in the SpC, it's new wording specifies that the target must worship the same deity as the caster.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

26. - Top - End - #2216
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Q1109

I remember reading somewhere that when using UMD a natural 1 = auto fail. with this being the exception to the skills and natural 1.

Do I remember correctly or not?

I ask because I have an issue with the mention in PH that when you roll nat 1 AND you fail to activate an item, you cant retry activation of the same item for 24h.

thx

27. - Top - End - #2217
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 1109

You do not remember correctly. A rolled 1 on a skill check is never an automatic failure.

28. - Top - End - #2218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    A 1109

You do not remember correctly. A rolled 1 on a skill check is never an automatic failure.
    More specifically, while you never auto-fail a skill check, including UMD or UPD, on a 1; If you roll a natural 1 and it's a failure for being below the DC there are additional consequences beyond simply failing to activate the device. Specifically, most items will not function again for that character for 24hrs.
    Last edited by Kelb_Panthera; 2012-10-18 at 07:47 AM.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

29. - Top - End - #2219
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 1110

Do (Evard's) Black Tentacles work against hidden/invisible opponents?

30. - Top - End - #2220
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Q 1111

Suppose I have either the extraordinary or the supernatural Hide in Plain Sight ability. Then suppose I make a Hide check to hide in plain sight (without performing any other action, so that this check represents a nonaction), but an enemy's reactive Spot check beats my Hide check.

When will be my next opportunity to hide in plain sight from this enemy?

Your answer to this question will help me answer a handful of similar questions, because I can think of several free actions or nonactions whose success is determined by skill checks. It seems to me counter to common sense that one should be permitted to make an infinite number of skill checks after one's first check fails, merely because each of these checks represents a free action or nonaction that the RAW allow you take an unlimited number of times. But if this is not permitted (as I believe it should not be), then what interval must separate one's failed free action or nonaction from one's next re-try?

Thanks to Lateral, Curmudgeon, KillianHawkeye, and Andezzar for giving me enough information to ask this question!