New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Interlocked 1(IC)

Amusing, but I'm not programmed to be gullible, BLUE remarks as she leans forward, the table bending and breaking under her weight as she crushes the air from the thug. You know, i might believe you if you boys didn't spend the evening hauling off an innocent woman into the night and cutting up my body. What the hell can an innocent man be offered to make him so brave to not run from me in a fight and not tell me what he knows? She removes her foot, backing up and pointing the barrel of her gun at him. Don't bother moving - hyperkinetic reflexes, you'll be dead in an instant if you move anything other than your mouth. Now I've already got the scoop from your friend here, I'm just making sure he told the truth. Your story won't be contradicting his, will it? Now, where has our redhead chum run off to?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

"i swear, i don't know anything" he pleaded, his eyes filled with water as he did so, "Sykes came to me earlier and was like, so you wanna earn a few gold? and i said, yeah, i'll do anything. i don't know anything else".

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Tch. Fickle men. Blue tucked away her weapon. What desperation must lie in this place... She shook her head, then turned to face the rest of the party. She quickly thought on how to play of her knowledge of the underground wihout arousing suspicion.

My apologies, masters. This interrogation has yielded no new information. However, I believe I may be privy to prior knowledge concerning our target. I have been on several assignments to Wall Market, in the Sector 6 slums, and I am familiar with 'the don of many brides', Don Corneo. Cross-referencing this with a statement the red-haired individual [Sykes] made of 'the don being in need of a bride', I believe sector 6 is where we should go to investigate the girl's whereabouts.

4. - Top - End - #94

DruidGuy

"Please don't call us master... The name is Tyr. Your logic seems spot on. I've heard of that pervert. He is well connected, he might have some knowledge of the Cetra we could beat out of him." He takes out his cell phone and makes a call. "Yeah, Tyr here. Got two survivors involved in a kidnapping that need to be brought in. We suspect Corneo. Danica and I are looking into it."

Hanging up he addresses the other, "I didn't mention meeting up with you two, I'd hate to get you in trouble with your supervisors (not to mention Heidegger would not be pleased knowing we're working with other branches). Lets head to sector six, the barkeep can keep an eye on these two until their arrest." Looking at the bartender, "Try to make sure they are still breathing when the authorities show up, if not no worries. But I do hold you responsible if one of these thugs gets away." Not waiting for a reply from the man he heads out.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground

Danica merely watched from a chair, still and silent, as BLUE interrogated the man. It seemed he really didn't know anything, but BLUE was informed enough to give them some sort of lead. After Tyr made the call, she finally moved. It was just a twitch, but her shuriken flew across the room, targeting the calves of the interrogated thug. The pain would be enough to knock him out for a while, and the injury would keep him from running too far if he came to too soon. As it returned, she stood up and caught it. "Let's get going, then." she said flatly, heading for the door, "It's been a while since I've been to Sector 6..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack for non-lethal damage: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (3d6+5)[19]

6. - Top - End - #96

BlackDragon

Danica's shuriken forced the thug's head to fling back, knocking him unconscious.

As our heroes made their way out of the bar, they make their way up and round the street; the sector 6 gate was straight ahead of them. As they approached the gate they notice two shinra grunts standing their as guardsman.

"Halt" said one of the grunts as he spots the heroes nearer, "you cannot go through this gate without the use of a SectorGate card key".

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alastor steps forward, flashing his ID. "We're on official company business, soldier. Please let us through."

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion, just in case it's necessary.

(1d20+8)[25]

8. - Top - End - #98

BlackDragon

The grunts aknowledges the TURK uniform.

"I'm sorry sir, even those associated with us cannot pass without a SectorGate key card".

9. - Top - End - #99

"Then can you tell us if a redheaded man came through here with a blonde woman in the last little while?" Danica asked, "Because he's got something important that we'd like to get back."

Spoiler
    Show
    Not rolling a deception check, because technically it's not a lie. The girl is 'something', and she is important, just not to Danica beyond punishing the kidnapper.

10. - Top - End - #100

BlackDragon

"Someone of that description did pass here ma'am" said the grunt on the right, "He was rude above anything else, even threw his key card at my collegue here and told him to open it. He treated us like we were his slaves"

11. - Top - End - #101

"That sounds about like him." Danica said, "Why not refuse him, though? It was 2 against 1."

12. - Top - End - #102

BlackDragon

"we could have done, ma'am, but we're not paid enough to do that sort of thing".

13. - Top - End - #103

'Are you paid enough for me not to slice your faces open?' Danica thought, before closing her eyes. "So what you're saying is you're useless to us. Okay." She called out the Planet again. 'I must really be getting on your nerves today, guys...Any way we can get to Sector 6?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to speak with the Planet: [roll0]

14. - Top - End - #104

BlackDragon

Danica
    Spoiler
    Show
    talk to the blue-suited man

15. - Top - End - #105

DruidGuy

Tyr glares at the men watching the gate his eyes glowing fiercely at them, "WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES GRUNTS?!?! YOU ARE TAMPERING WITH A SOLDIER INVESTIGATION GIVEN BY HEIDEGGER HIMSELF! How would you like to not be getting paid anymore? I will not have that criminal get away because of two idiots who don't know their place." He pulls out his sword and points it at the man who was talking. "Come to think of it, how do I know that man didn't pay you off do refuse us? Saying no to a SOLDIER and to a Turk is awfully ballsy for someone on your pay-grade knowing that any one of us could make your life incredibly difficult. Now I'm going through this gate, you can be conscious or unconscious while I do so, the choice is yours... He stands there impatiently waiting for an answer, eye's glowing in anger, his sword protruding from his left arm still as a board.

16. - Top - End - #106

BlackDragon

"You could attack us, sir, and we wish ww can assist you, but it doesn't change the fact that you'll need a SectorGate key card to slot in the machine, which will open the gate".

17. - Top - End - #107

DruidGuy

"You mean to tell me you two bums don't have access to the very place you guard? That actually makes sense, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw'm. If I find out either of you could have opened the gate, consider yourselves fired... He sheaths his sword and whips out and turns towards the others, "Well that's all I got besides hacking through the gate, and frankly that's a stretch.

Addressing the grunts once more, "You two must hear rumors standing here all day. Are there any other ways into sector 6, danger isn't a factor mind you. This is a time sensitive case, that woman's life is in danger.
    Last edited by Spyder_Cel; 2012-06-04 at 11:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

BlackDragon

The grunt on the right thought for a moment, "not that i know of sir", he said, "maybe there's someone here who has a key card that you could use".

19. - Top - End - #109

DruidGuy

Starting to look irritated, "Well, do you have any leads for me or shall I start asking every single person in Sector 7 for a key card? Come on, who were the last couple of people to come through to this side! Or regulars? Give me something to work with!

20. - Top - End - #110

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Need to add the 7 afterwords

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Gentlemen, may I? With a courteous bow, Blue fiddles with her hand, revealing within her fingers various equipment for interacting with electronics. I believe I could stand to take a swing at this console you speak of. We are in a rush, so I shall try and gauge how long this will take if nothing else.

if permitted, Blue makes her way over to the console and begins tinkering with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Master Slicer allows me 2 rolls for improving access on a console.
    (1d20+7)[15]
    (1d20+7)[11]

22. - Top - End - #112

DruidGuy

Following Blue closely with his hand on his sword he watches the two grunts closely as Blue does her thing.

23. - Top - End - #113

BlackDragon

As the grunts stepped aside for Blue, the one on the left turns to Tyr, "the last ones to enter this gate was that redhead man and a group of suspecious looking men that wore yellow bandanas".

Blue tinkered away at the console and a female voice emitted from it "Access Denied".

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Blue just about puts a bullet in the console in a fit of anger. No, it's your own stupid fault for getting distracted. Did I lock myself out? I'll try again...

Spoiler
    Show
    Re-attempted (if possible)
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d20+7)[14]

25. - Top - End - #115

BlackDragon

Blue continues to tinker away at the console. A female voice emitted from it once again, "Access Denied - System Lockdown"

26. - Top - End - #116

Danica opened her eyes. "This may sound like a random question, but besides our Turk friend here, has a man dressed in blue come by recently?"
    Last edited by Sage of Legaia; 2012-06-04 at 12:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll lock down YOUR system! Blue nearly screams as she boots the console (as in, with her foot).

Forget this, how bit is this gate anyway? she mutters, pulling out a different toolkit, this time for mechanical parts. Where's the motor on this thing...?

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempt to tamper with the locks/opening mechanics/whatever else of the gate.

Mechanics (1d20+12)[20]

28. - Top - End - #118

BlackDragon

Blue tampers away at the gate for few minutes, however as she does so, the lights around the edges of the gate begin to flash red.

29. - Top - End - #119

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Legaia View Post
    Danica opened her eyes. "This may sound like a random question, but besides our Turk friend here, has a man dressed in blue come by recently?"
    "No, but this man your talking about may live here in sector 7". As the alarm went off around the gate, the grunts turn to Blue, "i think you should step back now ma'am, the gate won't allow anyone to enter now for a few minutes. Why don't you guys go and find someone with a key card then come back".
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2012-06-04 at 01:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

BLUE backs up, resolute. You will not beat me, gate! She runs head first into it, attempting to break it down with all her might.

Spoiler
    Show
    Being a machine gives you an odd sense of personification about other machines - as in, BLUE views the gate not opening as an act of defiance and annoyance on par with a taller kid holding your gameboy well out of your reach and repeatedly asking 'you want this back?

Strength Check for a laugh (1d20+3)[22]'

After falling back from the impact, though feeling a bit calmer now, she scrambles to her feet, producing a potion and imbibing it. She doesn't even look at teh gate, assuming simply taht her stupid gambit had failed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Potion damage healed (1d20+8)[10]

My apologies, masters. Part of my prototype AI concerns testing the facets of humanoid emotion contextualised and emulated by a synthetic mindset. To this end, my creator instilled me with an abnormally large rage component, that only becomes effective in the context of other computers. Pay it no heed, though I again apologise for sabotaging the gate and leaving us with no alternative but to seek out someone with an appropriate card. I shall redouble my efforts to aid you in this task and compensate for my lapse in judgement.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: accidentally rolled d20 for damage healed, though I suppose it didn't end up mattering, right?
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-06-04 at 01:35 PM.