New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Beyond the Grace of the Emperor

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    Ceiling mounted cranes are overhead - various appendages dangle from them, clearly intended not only for lifting. They are mounted with an array of tools, as if they should assemble or dismantle something.

Along the wall to your left are what appear to be four arcane pieces of machinery, upon each of which is mounted some sort of armored, square-ish block-thing. A symbol of some sort adorns each machine.

To your right are shelves with part - stuff you figure is hydraulics, armor plating, gears and other such tech-arcanery beyond your ken.

Along the last wall, opposite the doorway, are what you can only guess to be four huge suits of powered armor. Mentally sizing the suits up for the Big Lugs, you figure it would be a match.

In the center of the room are four platforms, upon which you imagine the Big Lugs would stand to be armored up.

To your right, beside the door through which you entered, are what you can only describe as really huge friggin shootas.

OOC
    Can i dismount it all and load into the shuttle as it will save a lot of time and money in the future if i nick it now and don't have to acquire it another way

+++Oh my Omnissah+++

Spoiler
    Show

Tech Use +10 (40 Int) (d100)[52]
    Common Lore: Tech (40 Int) (d100)[25]
    Common Lore: Mechanicus (40 Int) (d100)[26]
    Some Logic to bind it all together (40 Int) (d100)[14]

+++This is quite the set up - some of this is rather proscribed equipment for a non Adeptus organization+++
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

OOC
    Can i dismount it all and load into the shuttle as it will save a lot of time and money in the future if i nick it now and don't have to acquire it another way

+++Oh my Omnissah+++

Spoiler
    Show

Tech Use +10 (40 Int) [roll0]
    Common Lore: Tech (40 Int) [roll1]
    Common Lore: Mechanicus (40 Int) [roll2]
    Some Logic to bind it all together (40 Int) [roll3]

+++This is quite the set up - some of this is rather proscribed equipment for a non Adeptus organization+++

A string of remarkably good rolls there.

Delta-Rho:

Spoiler
    Show

To make a long story short: Biomancy enhanced soldiers with heavy-duty power armor and boltguns. Yes, someone is making an attempt at making their own 'space marines'. You have serious doubts the Big Lugs are quite a match for the real deal, but against the average imperial guardsman, these guys would be horrifying.

And just to be clear: Wrack your mind as you may, you are challenged to find a more heinous tech-heresy than this.

Now. You go over the suits of power armor, and this is what you find: These suits are clearly inspired by, and based on, space marine power armor. However, as far as you can tell, these suits are based on Mk.IV power armor, the type prevalent in the Great Crusades at the time when the Calixis sector was first conquered and colonized.

(bear with me ifme lore is only partial in this area)

Outwardly, the suits to not greatly resemble space marine armor, but their inner workings and technical adaptations clearly indicate to you that such is their origin.

About the machinery in the room: It simply wont fit in your small shuttle.

I should maybe add that - while I'm not about to tell you what your character wants out of life - having a Big Lug to dissect might be just up your biomancy alley.

3. - Top - End - #363

++++++Home Brand Marines - far from the real deal but still a nasty thing to fight, see if we can find a trolley...
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Rho, are these bolters Astartes issue? Are the shells? If so, could you identify their source of production? Might give us a clue as to where these heretics have acquired such gear?"

Oh Stig wants one so badly. However, even owning such a weapon is heresy of the highest order should they be true Astartes weapons.

That said, there is nothing wrong with... admiring, such beautiful pieces of destructive machinery.

Nothing at all.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

++++++Home Brand Marines - far from the real deal but still a nasty thing to fight, see if we can find a trolley...
    There are various devices for transportation about - from trolleys to powerlifters.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives91 View Post
    "Rho, are these bolters Astartes issue? Are the shells? If so, could you identify their source of production? Might give us a clue as to where these heretics have acquired such gear?"

Oh Stig wants one so badly. However, even owning such a weapon is heresy of the highest order should they be true Astartes weapons.

That said, there is nothing wrong with... admiring, such beautiful pieces of destructive machinery.

Nothing at all.
    The bolters and ammo are definitely not astartes issue. Just like the power suits, however, they reasonably closely resemble patterns that were common issue (as common as astartes weapons ever were) at the time of the crusades. Recent adaptions of old designs, descendants from common ancestors that have followed another course of evolution.

All astartes issue weapons and ammo are imprinted with the imperial aquila. In the same spot is instead a sigil of an eye within a gear.

6. - Top - End - #366

+++How much evidence do we need because i am finding the extent of this setup worrying and in need of bumping up the ladder - we will a sample of the shells and weapons and one of the cryo chambers in the other room, i think a suit of armour is a bit cumbersome to bother with+++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Allow me to interject, that - in principle I agree, the amount of illegal tech on this ship is pretty damning.

However, you came here for specific information. Something you haven't found yet.

Now, there are certainly actions open to you. For one thing, it is within the realm of reason that Maldanis would confiscate this ship, based on the information you have now.

However ..... it is a ship. It might decide to do the ship-like thing, and move off.

Stay, risk discovery, death and other inconveniences.

Go, and risk losing all the goodies you came for.

[/interjection]

8. - Top - End - #368

+++At the very least we should store this evidence in the shuttle before progressing to far +++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

"Th-th-then get a sample. I suggest acc-c-companying Rho to m-m-maybe j-jigger some sort of m-m-makeshift b-bomb - I still have g-g-grenades - to k-k-kill the eng-g-gines. Then sh-shoot a call to M-maldanis and m-maybe stow aw-w-way in the ship t-t-til he g-gets here."

He pauses. "Th-th-that's risky, th-though. A...alternatives?"
    Last edited by Astro_sol; 2012-08-04 at 06:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Perhaps we could split. Rho could take the shuttle back while Wormwood and I cause havoc? Whatever our choice would be, I suggest moving all evidence to the shuttle door, but not into the shuttle yet. Don't want to set off another alarm.

Unless...

Rho, is there a way that you could deactivate the sensor for that door? That would allow us to move things onto the shuttle without drawing attention to ourselves."

Stig is always one for dastardly plots. Especially if they involve explosions.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

As a matter of general interest: Do you guys remember exactly what you're here for?

There are various ways in which you can go about this. Anything from stealth over subterfuge (is that the proper word for pulling the wool over their eyes and cheating them blind?) to full blown assault. Each poses it's own risks and benefits.

You need not decide yet precisely what the grand strategy is. But for each grenade tossed, for instance, the chances of a succesful stealth raid lessens =)

This will remain true until the day the tech-priests of Mars re-invent the lost secret of the Silenced Frag Grenade, lost since the Dark Age of Technology!

12. - Top - End - #372

Daemon

As a matter of general interest: Do you guys remember exactly what you're here for?
    If I recall correctly, evidence to implicate Duncan and deGrassi of doing naughties to their customers. Like murder them/leave them to die on planets. Like any true disciples of the Emprah, however, we are easily distracted. Also, I wouldn't think psykers have the best common sense, especially where grenades are involved.

Wormwood will just yoink a shell for evidence's sake and suggest we move to another level, possibly where Rho can hack into a mainframe.

Or we could find someone to interrogate. Let's just keep moving. Next level, anyone?
    Last edited by Astro_sol; 2012-08-05 at 07:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #373

+++Stig is correct, we need to prepare everything near the shuttle rather than open the door again and risk discovery - I could try to over ride the sensor but im not sure i could do it without setting it off again +++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Astro_sol View Post
    If I recall correctly, evidence to implicate Duncan and deGrassi of doing naughties to their customers. Like murder them/leave them to die on planets. Like any true disciples of the Emprah, however, we are easily distracted. Also, I wouldn't think psykers have the best common sense, especially where grenades are involved.

Wormwood will just yoink a shell for evidence's sake and suggest we move to another level, possibly where Rho can hack into a mainframe.

Or we could find someone to interrogate. Let's just keep moving. Next level, anyone?
    Post moving stuff, I'm down for the elevator. Maybe to floor seven? Guns, tools, keys to super weapons...

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

The evidence Mr. Draven suggested, specifically, was navigational data and passenger lists. Who goes where, who returns or does not. There may be much more than that, however - heretech homebrew space marines, for one thing. I wonder if there could be more ... nah, likely not.

+++Stig is correct, we need to prepare everything near the shuttle rather than open the door again and risk discovery - I could try to over ride the sensor but im not sure i could do it without setting it off again +++
    You could certainly disable the sensor. But it's entirely likely that the only way to access it .... is to open the door. A clever techy would place the workings so that was the only way to get at them.

Post moving stuff, I'm down for the elevator. Maybe to floor seven? Guns, tools, keys to super weapons...
    Reminds me of:

You move down the corridor to the main working area / access point. This is where the primary goods and utility airlock is - opening via a ramp in the floor. Two powerlifters stand by one wall, and various machinery stands about. You also note two articulated gunturrets, clearly intended to defend the ramp in case of attack.

Beyond this area lie the last two storage rooms, and the engineering section.

And the elevator is here. On both out- and inside of the elevator doors is a note reading thusly:

'SPIDERS!

Dear fellow crewmen - and madam - I point your attention to the fact that, owing to our recent infestation of skeezers in the sinks, I have placed and activated spiderbots in all storage compartments.

In the hopes of avoiding what happened to Jurgen last time - can we please all try to remember to *simply reach inside the door, and deactivate them on the wall switch*?

Really guys, I really don't know why this would be so hard to remember.

Owen'

There is also, of course, stairs. And a listing of the decks, as follows:

Deck A: Bridge, captains quarters, quest cabins, defensive arrays 1-2
    Deck B: Crews lounge, guest lounge, crews cabins, defensive arrays 3-6
    Deck C: Storage A-E, Engineering, automated deck defences
    Subdeck: Sinks, engineering crawlspace (added in red marker: Stay out!)

Where to, gentlemen?

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The evidence Mr. Draven suggested, specifically, was navigational data and passenger lists. Who goes where, who returns or does not. There may be much more than that, however - heretech homebrew space marines, for one thing. I wonder if there could be more ... nah, likely not.

You could certainly disable the sensor. But it's entirely likely that the only way to access it .... is to open the door. A clever techy would place the workings so that was the only way to get at them.

Reminds me of:

You move down the corridor to the main working area / access point. This is where the primary goods and utility airlock is - opening via a ramp in the floor. Two powerlifters stand by one wall, and various machinery stands about. You also note two articulated gunturrets, clearly intended to defend the ramp in case of attack.

Beyond this area lie the last two storage rooms, and the engineering section.

And the elevator is here. On both out- and inside of the elevator doors is a note reading thusly:

'SPIDERS!

Dear fellow crewmen - and madam - I point your attention to the fact that, owing to our recent infestation of skeezers in the sinks, I have placed and activated spiderbots in all storage compartments.

In the hopes of avoiding what happened to Jurgen last time - can we please all try to remember to *simply reach inside the door, and deactivate them on the wall switch*?

Really guys, I really don't know why this would be so hard to remember.

Owen'

There is also, of course, stairs. And a listing of the decks, as follows:

Deck A: Bridge, captains quarters, quest cabins, defensive arrays 1-2
    Deck B: Crews lounge, guest lounge, crews cabins, defensive arrays 3-6
    Deck C: Storage A-E, Engineering, automated deck defences
    Subdeck: Sinks, engineering crawlspace (added in red marker: Stay out!)

Where to, gentlemen?
    I'd say either Deck A or Deck C. The latter might allow us to bypass the automated defenses... or turn them on the crew if needed. However, it would eat up time and make discovery much more likely.

Deck A would likely be the location of the information we seek, but Emperor knows who or what lurks within. Still, we'll have to go there eventually and it would make things faster.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'd go with Deck A. Might as well get this over with.

@GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The elevator comment was a Halo reference. Also, how long have we been on the ship time wise?

17. - Top - End - #377

Daemon

Agreed. Wormwood believes we may as well get this over with. Besides, we take the bridge, we could possibly take the ship.

Unless Owen goes commando and takes the ship back via sabotaging engineering.

18. - Top - End - #378

+++I wonder what a Skeezer is+++

Nixios will have put the evidence in a easy to load spot near the airlock and join the other two
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-08-06 at 04:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

+++I wonder what a Skeezer is+++

Nixios will have put the evidence in a easy to load spot near the airlock and join the other two
    A skeezer? Well - discovery awaits! A short trip into the unlit, cramped crawl spaces below is all that stands between you and discovery. And the spiderbots, of course ... but, wait!

Agreed. Wormwood believes we may as well get this over with. Besides, we take the bridge, we could possibly take the ship.

Unless Owen goes commando and takes the ship back via sabotaging engineering.
    Owen - Super Secret Commando Janitor Man.

I'd say either Deck A or Deck C. The latter might allow us to bypass the automated defenses... or turn them on the crew if needed. However, it would eat up time and make discovery much more likely.

Deck A would likely be the location of the information we seek, but Emperor knows who or what lurks within. Still, we'll have to go there eventually and it would make things faster.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'd go with Deck A. Might as well get this over with.

@GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The elevator comment was a Halo reference. Also, how long have we been on the ship time wise?
    C happens to be the deck you're on. So on that note, A makes more sense. I should ask if you talk stairs or elevator?
    Last edited by Zen Master; 2012-08-07 at 08:44 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380

Daemon

Stairs would be best. Nothing like getting trapped in an elevator. Also, as cool as Skeezer sounds (I keep thinking Skeever, friggin Skyrim), Wormwood thinks that if they needed a horde of spiderbots then they aren't worth it.

Also, Owen could most definitely be a

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos
    Owen - Super Secret Commando Janitor Man.
    I mean, look at Wormwood.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

C happens to be the deck you're on. So on that note, A makes more sense. I should ask if you talk stairs or elevator?
    Stig speaks to many things. However, he has yet to learn the ancient and revered language of the stairway. To his eternal shame.

So, Stig makes his way to the stairwell. Is deck A up, or down? Or is this one of those damn ships that does it from side to side?

Also, on janitors. Everyone knows they are in fact a clan of ninjas who have played a large part in their conquest of the world.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Any sort of special considerations before you troop up the stairs? Marching order, tactics, what you watch out for - all that jazz?

Or shall I just .... let the dice decide what happens next?

23. - Top - End - #383

Daemon

Poor Stig is exhausted. Mayhaps paranoid Wormwood should take point? I do have flashbang in case we run into someone.

24. - Top - End - #384

Nixios will go second with Shotgun ready
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

You ascend the stairs. Your footsteps on the corrugated steel seems as loud as Delta-Rho's shotgun, and with each step you feel the crew must have heard. About halfway up, you all jump in chok at a loud noise - only to realise it's just the elevator starting. Whatever that might mean.

It is clear that the elevator is the primary means of going about the ship - the stairs are narrow to the point of being claustrophobic, and various pipes and cables criss-cross everywhere.

Finally, you reach the top. Utilizing equal parts common sense and tense caution, you listen at the door. Hearing nothing, you open it a crack and peer through. You find yourselves at one end of a short corridor.

Just to your right is a transparent glass door, with the instription:

Captains quarters
    Guest quarters
    Lounge

Beyond the glass you the corridor sports five door, the one at the end open into what you surmise is the lounge. One of the doors is marked Captain Draven.

To your left are three doors, marked respectively Arms Locker, Data Core, and Bridge and Navigation.

All:

Spoiler
    Show

I should note that I've been using the title of captain to describe two different men. Hald Draven is the owner and master of the ship. But internally, I've been thinking of him as the skipper.

The guy you all heard on the vox system - whom I called captain - is not actually captain so much as first mate.

Or something along those lines. Maritime titles confuse me, it seems.

Basically, you recognize the barytone as not Draven - and assume he is the ranking officer on board for the time being. Provided Hald has not yet returned from the Space Lounge.

So .... with such a choice selection of attractive destinatios - where to gentlemen? The bar, perhaps? =)

26. - Top - End - #386

Daemon

Ugh, Wormwood leaps at the sight of the Arms Locker, but Data Core sounds much more like what we need. He turns to Delta-Rho, pointing at the latter option.

"W-w-w-we should g-go that w-w-way, r-right?"

They could always get more explosives/weapons later.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, unless anyone has a better reason, Data Core is the way we'll go. No sense splitting up, and we need the info anyway.

As for Draven...so, wait, the guy we talked to, didn't he say this was deGrassi's ship?

27. - Top - End - #387

+++The core should have what we need and then we can see what the locker holds if there is time+++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah! Bloody names, they are like ants!

Of course this is DeGrassi's ship. Draven is the other guy. The good guy. You hope. Heheh. Mwahahaha... chuckles.

(ok - he's totally the good slightly better guy)

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Whatever you decide, I stand ready."

Stig knows when its best to leave things to those who know better. His expertise is shooting things. Lots of things.

He settles himself, lasgun at the ready, finger on the trigger.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Someone needs to decide on an actual course of action. Meanwhile, I should point out that you can hear people working somewhere nearby - muffled conversation, the subtle sounds of desk work being done, the tinkle of glass from the lounge and so on.

You are not alone.