Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 426
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Although the Gold Goblin stands in a much-neglected neighborhood and the building itself has long stood dormant and empty, it makes a comeback as the big day comes. Crowds of participants and spectators mill about on the street or file together through the main doors to sign up for the tournament. Overseeing this gathering is a larger-than-life-size statue of a goblin,apparently cast in glittering gold, that stands atop the entry stairs with a smirking expression of satisfaction on its face, as if personally enjoying the crowds that shuffle past it into the doorway beneath the gambling hall’s gilded dome.
    You all have your various reasons for coming to the Gold Goblin on the day of the tournament, but without fail you all arrive(not nesserally together.) . Just inside the main doors, two sultry beauties scantily clad and wearing faux bat wings, devil horns, and tails play the part of alluring succubi. Both are employees of the Gold Goblin, and they cheerfully register contestants for the tournament and process entry fees. Armed guards stand nearby to either side of an immense treasure chest into which each patron’s entry fee is added. The guards are on hand to not only protect the money, but to prevent any overzealous admirers from trying to dare the infamous touch of a succubus. Beyond the main doorway is the hall’s game floor. Dozens of gamblers, waitresses dressed as succubi, and bouncers mill about the room, wandering amid tables offering various games while dealers shuffle cards, roll dice, and spin wheels. Moving through this throng are a dozen more of the barely clad, batwinged vixens serving drinks and batting coal-black eyelashes flirtatiously for tips. In the center of the chamber is a short podium atop which sits a massive gold chest affixed to the floor by similarly gaudy chains. On either side of it stands a barechested bouncer in the exotic garb of some foreign sultan’s court. Each stands with muscled arms crossed over his chest and with a naked scimitar of prodigious size tucked through his waistband. High above them, from the hall’s cloth-draped ceiling, hangs a brass birdcage within which crouches a small,bat-winged, pointy-tailed devilish creature that sulks as it gazes over the room and occasionally rattles the bars threateningly.
    You can all assume that you had the 1 GP entrance cost and are now somewhere within the Gold Goblin Gambling hall, you can also RP your arrive if you wish. As you entered to signed a mock contract to sell your soul to the devil.
    Contract:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Gambling:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure wither you guys would like to role-play the gambling or would rather just assume you gamble for awhile, give your option on the OOC, please
    Last edited by Crazyfailure13; 2012-05-20 at 07:43 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sirveaux's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    A lean, handsome man saunters towards the entrance. Before entering, he finds a discreet location, and casts Detect Magic. He then enters, throwing a suggestive wink at the succubi standing guard. Upon entering the main hall, he finds a secluded corner from which to survey the proceedings

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    For Joren
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk through the room, you eventually make your way past the sullen creature in the birdcage and detect an aura of magic around it.
    Last edited by Crazyfailure13; 2012-05-20 at 08:23 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    A big, scruffy man holding up a wicked-looking polearm makes his way through the crowd, occasionally drawing nasty looks from the people he elbows aside. He doesn't bother to disguise a lascivious grin at the leggy serving girls, and scribbles his name onto the contract without really reading it.

    "Always with the contract in these places. These guys really are taking their theme night seriously, though."

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Leonardo

    Quietly eying over the contract, Leonardo stumbles to find a proper pen to sign with. finally making handle with a pen, he scribbles a chicken scratch name on the pad, and on that pad, was not Leonardo Reyes. He wishes not to gamble, but look at the cautious guards that stand such a nice view with their silly swords. Both of his axes poach his outer thighs, smacking silently against his knee caps.

    Not enjoying the scene, he constantly only darts his eyes left, right, and down, trying to figure out a clean line to walk in. Bumping into the poorly dressed women, he scoffs a dubious scowl in their direction, thinking a woman should wear more decent attire. noticing the man with the large pole arm bump by, he can't help but feel a fighter's hope rise. This man should prove a great showing in the future, even if it would be just death. Leonardo rests his hands on both Amor and Guerro as he calmly finds a soft place to sit and wait.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ChaosLord29's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Pulling down his deep green keffiyeh, the dark haired elven man paused to arch an eyebrow at the crowds surrounding the Golden Goblin. Though having witnessed and participated in gambling amongst his tribe back in the Expanse and scant few other occasions in his travels, he had never witnessed an establishment devoted to gambling on such a scale, or in such a spectacle. Entering the gambling hall, the myriad of dice and wheels and cards and other games of chance was a marvel to him. Garish though the surroundings and decoration were (particularly the gaudily attired human women in their sultry costumes), the rules of play were fascinating to him, particularly the games centered around dice thrown across the tables.

    'Undoubtedly, the proprietors of this establishment are simply out to swindle those of lesser minds unable to recognize just how stacked the odds are against them.' He thought to himself. His curiosity was piqued enough however not to notice the caged impish looking creature until it gave a rattle to the cages above. Upon noticing it, Elethir was more than a little surprised and decided this establishment was worthy of deeper scrutiny.
    Last edited by ChaosLord29; 2012-05-21 at 01:45 AM.
    Favorite Things Mr. Welch can't do during an RPG:
    • My monk's lips must be in sync.
    • Collateral Damage Man is not an appropriate concept for a super hero.
    • No longer allowed to recreate the Death Star Trench Run out of genre.
    • When accepting a challenge for a duel, I must allow the other guy time to find a pistol.
    • Check the door means to listen at it, not put several rounds through it.
    • We will not implement any plan that includes the words "And hope they miss a lot"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    As you wander around the gambling hall you hear talk of the strange dark cloud that hangs over the sun, locals calling it the blot, while some just laugh and talk about it jokingly, other lower whispers talk of it as a bad omen of death and misfortune to come.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Arillius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Bartholomew

    Bart looked on the den of gambling and other things with a mixture of confusion and hope from across the road. The confusion came from being young and being unable to understand the allure devils had to some people. They just disturbed him. The hope came from the item in his pocket. A flute. A very simple flute to be honest, hand carved by an apprentice wood cutter because the master was to busy working on a desk for a rich client. The sound was a little off and every time Bart played he had to adjust his style just a little to make up for it. It had cost Bart almost every cent he had. Only one gold coin was left and he was about to spend that getting into the den before him.

    "It's your only shot Bart. None of the other events this big will let a kid like you anywhere near them." He had told himself the same thing ten times other times since waking up that morning. The eleventh didn't make it sound anymore convincing. It really was his only shot, however. Bart couldn't make money doing anything else. He wasn't old enough to apprentice himself to some people, to old to do so to others. And his gifts... he couldn't charge for that.

    So he confidently strode toward the main doors, paid the toll to get into the place and almost made it through them when a big hand grasped his shoulder. Bart had been hoping the bouncers wouldn't take note of him, maybe even mistake him for a halfling. The one that was holding onto his shoulder appeared brighter then that however. He turned the young boy around and looked into his eyes, flinching when he did. 'Everyone did.' Bart thought grimly. His eyes had that affect on people.

    "Where do you think your going kid?" The bouncer was trying not too look into Barts eyes when he asked his question. 'Everyone flinches.'

    Bart, thinking quickly, answered, "I'm here to see my mum." He waved to one of the scantly clad women across the hall, trying to hide his blush as he did. The girl, perhaps just playing her part or perhaps not seeing that Bart was a child from that distance, waved back. "See! She told me she'd get me some food today while she worked, so long as I behaved and stayed out of the way."

    Bart smiled at the bouncer innocently, who looked uncertain about what to do. Realizing that he almost had the guy, Bart added, "I promise I'll behave mister. Stay in the corner and won't bother no one, just like me mum told me too."

    The bouncer, already swaying toward letting him in, gave a grunt of consent and let him go. "If I hear you caused any trouble, I might throw you and your mom out. Understand?"

    Bart nodded and quickly darted inside, heading straight for one of the nearest corners. When the guard finally looked back toward the line of those entering Bart snuck away, breathing a sigh of relief as he did. He had been lucky there had even been someone close enough for him to see and use to get in. The misty clouds that enveloped everything beyond about thirty feet was often a hindrance for the small boy, but thankfully he had learned how to live with it. And thankfully the guard hadn't noticed the walking stick in his hands or the rather larger wooden disk on his back as what they actually were, a club and shield.

    'Now to find myself an employer.' Bart thought to himself, going to the nearest girl dressed as a devil.

    He blushed furiously as he tried to ask the girl a question, her scantily clad body far to much for someone his age to be able to handle in any other way. "Excuse me miss, who do I speak to about getting a job?" Realizing that his question might be misunderstood he quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out a flute. "Ya see, I'm a musician and I was hopin' I might impress someone with my playin'. Maybe enough to get food and some new clothes."

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[18] Diplomacy- To talk to the girl at the end.

    The rest was trouble I made for myself, so I hope I don't have to roll for it. If you'd like though I can change it or roll in OOC.
    Last edited by Arillius; 2012-05-20 at 10:14 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Ceika

    I'm back baby!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    The Woman looks down at bart with curious eyes, until she sees his eyes, as she flinches and tries to press it of as a twitch, she looks down again, prepared to talk this time, "Sorry, little boy, but this isn't really a place for a child as young as yourself to work, but maybe you'll want to play one of the fun games we have here. i'll escort you myself so you don't get in trouble with the guards." she carefully takes your hand and tries to lead you to one of the less crowded tables. as you pass the large men guarding the large chest in the room, one gives you a jealous look when the Woman tries to press you against her thighs to get through a tight crowd.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Arillius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Bartholomew

    Bart sighs, not resisting the gentle pull of the ladies hands. He hardly notices the guards jealous look, too busy trying not to look himself. Bart was just old enough to know what showing so much skin meant and just young enough to feel completely and totally embarrassed by seeing it.

    When they got to one of the less crowded tables Bart, looking a bit abashed, tries to pull of a pretty pathetic lie. "Miss, I be thankin ya' for carin' but ya' know... I am a... halfling right?"

    The lie sounded pretty bad, even to him, but he hoped the lady would either believe him and hear him out or think him joking to try and hang out with some of the adults. Either way, he sounded innocent at least. Innocent was something he could pull off without trying.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[17] Bluff
    Last edited by Arillius; 2012-05-20 at 11:00 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Ceika

    I'm back baby!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    The risque woman looks at you for a sec and blushes deep red "oh...may, i'm so sorry, i didn't think, that was very rude of me... please allow me to get you a free drink." she quickly rushes away towards the bar without you getting a word in, you here her mumbling as she rushes away " so close... can't believe i touched..."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Arillius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Bartholomew

    To say that he was surprised the woman believed him was an understatement. That she was going to get him a free drink for it was even more so. Before he could stop her though, she was walking toward the bar. Her words actually made him chuckle a little, though he hid it with a cough fairly well. Bart supposed it might be odd for her to have 'touched' a halfling if she wasn't used to them. Bart himself knew several halfling children and had even healed a bruise or a cut for them when their play, as it always did, lead to falling off high places.

    (If the woman comes back)

    When the woman eventually returned, if she did, Bart would wave off the drink. "Gotta stay sober if I'm ta' impress an employer ya' know. They all look down on a man who drinks on the job." The accent he had added was as close to genuine as he could get, which was actually pretty close all things considering. He tried again, this time trying to fake being confident as he did. "Perhaps if ya' take a listen ya' would be more willin' to help me out, yes? I'll play a short song, one a friend of mine taught me."

    Bart raises the flute to his lips and begins to play before the women can object. The song was probably a simple one originally, especially on a flute, but in Barts hands it becomes something more complex. The notes interwoven together move quickly and lightly, leaving a sense of mirth and joy in the music and in the song player. The flute, despite Bart's low opinion of it, was probably the best thing that apprentice ever made. It had cost a pretty penny too, so that's probably a good thing.

    When Bart finished the short, catchy tune he smiled, honestly pleased with himself. It wasn't his best, but it was close. "What do ya' think miss? Willin' ta' help me find a job? Just pointin' me too the right person is all I really need."

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perform (taking 10) = 22 (+5 Cha, +3 Class, +1 rank, +1 trait, +2 masterwork instrument)

    (1d20+9)[13] Diplomacy to try again to get some help and or info.
    Awesome Avatar by Ceika

    I'm back baby!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    The woman looks at you, avoiding direct eye contact and says "well after the event you could come back and talk to saul vancaskerkin, and you know a drink always helps the nerves when dealing with things, so please i insist that you have this drink, as an apology from me." she looks at you with a guilty and hopeful look on her face.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Arillius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Bartholomew

    Bart, not wanting to hurt her feelings and thinking he owed her for the info, sighed inwardly. On the outside he smiles and says, "I suppose yer right there miss."

    He reaches out for the glass and pretends to take a sip. His reaction is just a little over the top, but it probably gets the point across. Barts eyebrows go up and he gives a rather goofy grin. "Whoa that's strong. In a good way, mind ya', but strong. Not like me dwarf friend Garrad's stuff, that'll knock me out with a sip like that, but much stronger then anythin' my folks might have made. Thank ya' kindly miss."

    Bart grins up at the lady and pretends to take another sip, this time turning as he does so the glass shakes a little, hiding the amount in it a bit better. "I don't want ta get ya' in trouble, so don't let me be keepin' ya' any longer."

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[18] Bluff

    Gotta see what I roll first so I can write a good or bad lie. XD
    Last edited by Arillius; 2012-05-20 at 11:37 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Ceika

    I'm back baby!

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    The woman gives a smile before turning away and leaving you to your game. As she walks away from you you see numerous heads at your table watch her go, then suddenly they all turn to look at you, some giving cold glares, others giving jealous stares, one man even claps at you.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Arillius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Bartholomew

    Bart blushes heavily and feigns taking another sip before offering the drink to one of the men who had given him a cold glare. With genuine good cheer, for he was a rather happy child despite his situation and had just learn what he needed to on the side, Bart says to the table, "We're all here to have fun and earn some money. Don't let me spoil it."

    With that the young kid walks a bit off to the side of the table, his intent obviously to watch the others play. He was curious to see what all the fuss was about and thought the least crowded table was likely the spot where he was least likely to get stepped on. Given the height of some of those walking around, it wasn't as far fetched a concern as one might think. Bart hadn't entered the contest or signed the contract, having passed himself off as a kid to get in and thus not needing too, but gambling was a curious thing for him, being one of the things he wasn't allowed to do as a child. Alcohol would have been too if his halflings friends parents hadn't let him sip their wine on the last holiday. He had ended up on the roof by the next morning somehow.

    'Saul Vancaskerkin. That's who I need to find. If I can just impress him, maybe I can start earning enough to get off the streets. With a home, even an apartment, I can even open up shop as an official healer on the side. Without having to charge too!' So excited was Bart by the idea that he began smiling again, though most might mistake it for a general enjoyment of the evening. The expression was however, to a few people who knew to look for the signs, a bit too innocent for a drunkard, a gambler or a man visiting a den of vice.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regular = Spoken
    Italic = Thoughts

    Just in case. XD
    Last edited by Arillius; 2012-05-20 at 11:55 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Ceika

    I'm back baby!

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Mirve

    Mirve, purple traveler's cloak covering most of her body, stands half-hidden across from the gambling establishment indecisively. She needs to go in there, it's a great place to gather information, if you can stay sober and inconspicuous, and Mirve can do at least half of that, able to down spirits fit for a dwarf, but still...

    I need her in there. But what if someone sees our mark? Might get ugly. That'd be bad. But she's an extra pair of eyes and she's better at detecting trickery than I am, and there's bound to be plenty of that. Is there ever bound to be plenty of that.

    Deciding that a second pair of eyes, ears and social concious. as well as moral support, was worth a risk, she doubles back down a desserted ally, finds a secluded place, and summons her companion.

    Elisa smiles. Good day, Mistress. What do you require of me today? Mirve smiles back, calmer, now. Good day, Elsie. I need a second pair of eyes and ears. We are entering into a gambling hall that sells itself as a pit of hell. Stay alert. Elsie Simply nods and smiles at her mistress.

    Bolder, now, both covering their summoner's mark with their hoods, they take the long way around and return to the phony pit of hell. Entering was not much of a problem in itself, although the fake succubi bothered her and she kept as far away from them as possible, trying not to be seen by them. But then there was the contract. Both people would see her sign, with her hands of wood and metal, and people would notice her. Or she didn't sign, and she was an anomaly. Dammit. Grinding her nails into the flesh of her arm first for comfort, she took out her own ink pen out of her back pack and signed down both "Mirve" and "Elsie" in a beautiful hand on that sheet, showing no outward emotion and an absolute calmness doing so. Fake names meant people couldn't find you, and then again, fake names meant people couldn't find you. Painfully aware of the stares that both her arm's bared, blue, scared flesh and her prostheses had drawn, she entered the establishment at last.

    She in to scan around, and within moments, Elsie whispers in her ear: Up there, Mistre-Miss, she corrects herself. Mirve looks up, almost jumps out of her skin but managing to remain outwardly calm, and immediately tries to identify this "devilish" creature for what it is.
    Last edited by APersonAmI; 2012-05-21 at 02:24 AM.
    If A Person Am I is too long an handle, feel free to call me APMI.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel that as the DM i have let the players take the story in a strange direction, and this is only within a free roam time, now my only question is,
    HOW DID THIS END WITH HALF THE PARTY BUYING PROSITITUTES
    Yeah, That sort of happened... It made perfect sense at the time, I assure you!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[11] (Know. Planes Check.)
    If A Person Am I is too long an handle, feel free to call me APMI.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel that as the DM i have let the players take the story in a strange direction, and this is only within a free roam time, now my only question is,
    HOW DID THIS END WITH HALF THE PARTY BUYING PROSITITUTES
    Yeah, That sort of happened... It made perfect sense at the time, I assure you!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    For Mirve
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's an imp
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    As the windows begin darkening with twilight, several gamehall employees enter, carrying torches shaped like pitchforks skewering burning heads made of straw and cloth to light several large braziers, giving the hall a more infernal hue. A hush falls over the gathered crowd as a short man climbs to the central podium, accompanied by two gorgeous “succubi,” and stands before the gold, chain-shrouded chest there with a demoness on either side. He wears a formal suit, and his thinning black hair is slicked back. His left arm
    ends in a stump just above the wrist, and affixed to it is a bronze cap from which protrudes an oddly shaped key. This is Saul Vancaskerkin, the owner of the Gold Goblin and host of the tournament. He bows before the crowd and clears his throat before speaking.

    “Welcome, one and all, to the Gold Goblin Gambling Hall and our chance to cheat the Devil and win back not only your soul but all of his gold as well.” He says this last as he pats the large chest before which he stands. “I hope you found your reception by the Devil’s lovely temptresses suitably entertaining.” This is met by a general murmur of laughter and a few catcalls. “Let’s take this moment to thank Old Scratch himself for attending this event. Not only did he loan us these lovely, dark angels, but he also emptied the deepest vaults of Hell itself to provide the gold for this tournament.”

    With this, Saul directs the crowd’s attention up to the imp in the birdcage. At the sudden attention, Old Scratch flies into a flurry of rage, banging the cage bars, spitting, howling, and screaming vile epithets in Infernal at all assembled. His theatrics are received with guffaws and even a smattering of applause. As the crowd dies down, Vancaskerkin continues.

    “Of course, he plans on replacing what he loses in gold with the souls of those of you who don’t win. The tournament rules are quite simple—as you play, you’ll earn more chips. And with those chips, you’ll be able to bribe your way out of the current Hell you’re trapped in, working your way down deeper until you get to Old Scratch’s treasury. Currently, all of you are Old Scratch’s prisoners in the first of the Hells, Avernus. If you want to work your way down to the ninth circle, you need to win games. Each time you win, you’ll be awarded a golden eye. If you come in second, you’ll get a silver tooth. And third place wins a copper heart. These bits of flesh and bone are what the devils use in Hell for currency, and they’re what you’ll need to pay in order to bribe your way into the next layer of hell. The first player to win a game after reaching Nessus not only keeps his winnings for that game, but also earns back his soul and the ten thousand silver coins that the Devil put up for this tournament. You can, of course, decide to cash out your winnings at any time you want, but if you do, or if you run out of money entirely… well, that means Old Scratch gets you.”Vancaskerkin grins evilly and the caged imp cuts loose with another profane tirade. “And that earns you the Devil’s Mark and an escort out of the game hall until the tournament is over. What, you ask, exactly is this Devil’s Mark? Well, it’s something too utterly horrible to even contemplate. The forfeiture of your very soul, it is. But I suppose I can show you what it is—gods know I more than deserve the Devil’s Mark. In fact, better make it two, girls!” With that, the two succubi accompanying him lean over and each firmly plants akiss on Saul’s cheek with her ruby-red lips. When they pull away, their lip rouge has left clearly visible prints in the same shocking red on his cheeks. Saul beams as he cries out,“The Devil’s Mark, everyone!” which is greeted by a flurry of shouts, catcalls, and hoots “Now, let’s cheat the Devil and take his gold!” which prompts one more rabid flurry from the imprisoned fiend above, and with that, the tournament begins.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Leonardo

    Standing around, he notices the small group of activity. His eyes trace over the place, and notice the small kid. The clothes the small one wears tips him off that the kid needed something, not like he needs to be in a place like this. Remembering the family he left behind for his grand, well, not adventure, but duty, Leonardo steps forward, tailing the kid. He begins to contemplate about his life, and what he has done so far. He becomes lost in thought, only working on pure instinct to follow the kid.

    Leonardo bumps over some guards, accidentally lays an elbow or back-hand on a waitress, and even the occasional tipping of a small table. Small tears form in the corners of his eyes, first out of sadness, but then out of happiness. He thinks back to how easily Timothy had lifted an axe, making it a proud moment for Leonardo in deed. Steamy in his vision, he begins to lose the kid. He pauses for a moment, and wipes his eyes on the sleeves of his garb.

    Finding the kid once more, he shuffles forward faster, trying to make ground. Tapping the kid on the shoulder, he drops to a knee, and smiles, still red on his cheeks from his tears. Smiling as best he could, he hoped not to scare the kid. "Hello, Young fellow. Is there anything I can help you with?"

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    An Infernal creature! Here! Unnerved but intrigued by this discovery, she decides to see if this might an excellent opportunity, although she feels uncomfortable taking contact with such a creature. Going away from the center of the room, she turns towards Elsie, trying to hide her casting with animated whispering discussion with Elsie; she casts Message targeting the Imp, taking advantage of the noise to have a neigh-unbearable whispered discussion with the Imp. (In Infernal) Hello, Imp. Pardon for contacting you like this, you must find me rude. My name is Mirve, the Tiefling. What is you name? May I ask by whom and for what reason you have been caged?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check to hide spell: (1d20+12)[20]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check: (1d20+5)[25]
    Last edited by APersonAmI; 2012-05-21 at 02:10 AM.
    If A Person Am I is too long an handle, feel free to call me APMI.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel that as the DM i have let the players take the story in a strange direction, and this is only within a free roam time, now my only question is,
    HOW DID THIS END WITH HALF THE PARTY BUYING PROSITITUTES
    Yeah, That sort of happened... It made perfect sense at the time, I assure you!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    When you speak the imp swings it's head back and forth looking for the source of the voices, when he finds none he sighs leans his head back and whispers, "those damn voices again..." you hear this.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Arillius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Bartholomew

    The young lads attention was too caught up in the display of the owner, whom he would be trying to meet after the tournament, to notice the rather awkward and red faced Leonardo until the man was kneeling before him. Inwardly, Bart said some words he probably wasn't supposed to know. The guy seemed nice enough but Bart couldn't be thrown out. He needed to start making some real gold and that meant being in this place, though unlike everyone else his gambling was being done off the table.

    He couldn't get caught, so he decided to keep up the lie he had started earlier. "Look at this friends. Another person thinks I'm a kid. If this keeps up, they won't even let me by any drinks later."

    Bart chuckles and looks at the man, shaking his head. Inwardly his stomach twisted into a knot. Three people he had to lie to just to get in here. He didn't like lying, despite how good at it he was. The one time people can't be callous and distant is the one time Bart would prefer they were. The irony. "I'm fine, thank ya' kindly."
    Awesome Avatar by Ceika

    I'm back baby!

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    It's delusional. Fantastic.(Still in Infernal) Oh, I am quite real. I comunicate to you not in delusions, but in magic. You, yourself, are a being of magic. See that it is so, you who are mocked as Old Scratch. Look down on me, and see that which marks me a scholar of Outsiders. Unwilling to gain nothing from that which she has alredy risked, she asks Elsie to draw back her hood, reveal the red hair and the Summoner's mark upon her forehead, and look up at the imp, as she describes to the Imp their current location and the hair he should look for.
    Last edited by APersonAmI; 2012-05-21 at 02:50 AM.
    If A Person Am I is too long an handle, feel free to call me APMI.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel that as the DM i have let the players take the story in a strange direction, and this is only within a free roam time, now my only question is,
    HOW DID THIS END WITH HALF THE PARTY BUYING PROSITITUTES
    Yeah, That sort of happened... It made perfect sense at the time, I assure you!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Leonardo

    He knew better than to see this child as a grown adult. He wouldn't be any older than his own son, Timothy. His face became clear, and he stood, looking like he was more enraged, than turned off by the mean remarks. Too enthralled by the vision of his family, and how he left them, he thought quickly.

    "Then here, for my mistake as seeing you as a child, my friend." Leonardo saw nothing more to use his money on. He dipped into his pocket, and tossed out 35 gold pieces, all nice and tight in a baggy. He turned, not caring to play in this outrageous tournament. He, instead, went off to talk to the man in charge, wanting closure, and wanting a test to place his skills into.

    Thinking less about the young man, he walks forwards and onwards, caring only to make haste, and speak with the curator. Making it past some of the wandering guards, he thought it wouldn't be easy to meet with the head of the place. Still, he wanted to talk to the man, wanting, no, needing to do something constructive while so far from home. "Timothy... I promise, I'll never forget you.."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    As you tell Old Scratch of your location he looks toward you, grabs the bars of his cage and snarls a little, "What do you want with Old Scratch, incomplete Sheling. speak what would cause you to bother Old scratch when he's having a horrible servitude."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Leander has been standing in the background until now, his greatsword, burnished armour and holy symbol hidden beneath a long red cloak. At the appearance of the imp he grimaces, reflexively clutching the hilt of his weapons. He hears the voice of Ragathiel in his mind. Suffer no fiend to live.

    Warily, he'll step forward for a better view, picking out the more interesting contestants in the crowd.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll chuck a detect evil as well, to ascertain the imp's intentions.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    Elsie smiles at the Imp, glad to be able to cover for her Mistress in such a manner. Mirve is glad for the state of the Imps mind. This is a being i can take advantage of, if it has any worth whatsoever to give that purpose. Let’s find out. I’m after information on the man responsible for your horrible servitude, Saul Vancaskerkin. What do you know of him, Old Scratch? What dirty secrets of his do you have, that they may be used against him? I might have ways to make him pay for his misdeeds.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[32] Bluff check to fool Old Scratch of Mirve's abilities and motivations.
    Last edited by APersonAmI; 2012-05-21 at 03:05 AM.
    If A Person Am I is too long an handle, feel free to call me APMI.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel that as the DM i have let the players take the story in a strange direction, and this is only within a free roam time, now my only question is,
    HOW DID THIS END WITH HALF THE PARTY BUYING PROSITITUTES
    Yeah, That sort of happened... It made perfect sense at the time, I assure you!

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Crazyfailure13's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Second Darkness (IC)

    The imp is evil by nature, however it seems intent and content to sit in it's cage, however when your detect evil activates you get an immense headache, and notice that most of the rooms in habitants are evil.

    in response to mirve's questioning, the imp speaks "Old Scratch only know what he told Old scratch, and old scratch only do what he's told. Old Scratch told not to speak to strange people." at the end of his speech he flies into a rage and start beating at his cage.
    Last edited by Crazyfailure13; 2012-05-21 at 03:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •