New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

Sakura looks after the sprite for a moment. Hm... When she enters the room she leans on the door frame and eyes Adir. "A bug was it?" She asks, a little smile forming at the corners of her mouth. She's on to you, Adir!

Laela doesn't make a fuss at being picked up. She just looks at Adir, and then her mother when she arrives. Her thumb is stuck firmly in her mouth.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

Adir shrugs, playing it cool for now. "Yeeep. Just a bug. Dunno how it got in here, damn thing." He looks down at Laela and kisses her big forehead, grinning all the while. "She's really gotta stop putting everything in her mouth." Sakura may well note the dusting of glitter upon Laela's forehead.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura walks over to the two and leans over so her face is right in front of the baby's. She looks at the glitter before focusing on Laela herself. "Are you eating bugs, Laela? That's icky, you know?" She sticks out her tongue. Yuck.

Laela contemplates this for a moment. "Bah!" She reaches out and grabs Sakura's nose with her slobbery hand. The dryad just laughs.

4. - Top - End - #184

"Oh, I dunno Laela. Lotsa protein in bugs," Adir says. Even he's starting use that cute widdle baby voice with Laela. The stag holds her up, grinning. "I guess we know what she likes to eat now. My little girl's a carnivore!" Adir holds her up in the air, roaring quietly.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Laela grins from ear to ear and does her best to mimic Adir's little roar. It mostly comes out like, "Waaaaa!"

Sakura laughs and watches her husband and daughter with adoration. She's not even bothered by the idea of her eating meat in the slightest.

6. - Top - End - #186

Adir does his best to look terrified for Laela. He's hard pressed to keep a grin off his face, however. "I like her! I think we can keep her around." He switches Laela to his other arm nimbly, wagging his finger in her face menacingly. "For now."

With that, he'll try to carry Laela on out of the room, heading downstairs. "C'mon, let's go enrich her with bad cartoons." The stag looks over his shoulder at Sakura, obviously thinking hard. "What's that stuff that makes baby's smarter? I feel like she should listen to that."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura follows along with the two of them. When Adir poses his question she has to think for a bit. What was that supposed to be again..? "Classical music I think it was called? I wasn't sure about it since one of my books said it was a good idea and another said it was a myth." She has a small library of parenting books by now. "Besides, it's the mot boring music I've ever heard."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Frescot Housewarming

Kirin arrives! She looks around a bit. Did she really get here first? Is she early? She got of work, and then went to the store to pick up some snacks so that she didn't eat the buffet, and she got here before Harnel and Cessie?

She walked the whole way! Uphill! Okay, it was downhill from the Keep, but still.

9. - Top - End - #189

"Well we should at least try. Before you came along, the Frescots weren't exactly known for our academic excellence," Adir says, bouncing Laela on his arm as he descends the stairs. He'll plop her down in one of the recliner chairs, walking toward their entertainment center and flicking it on. "Got any classics in that iPod of yours, Sakura? Or access to NexNet, maybe?"

As for the housewarming party, I'll let Ghar decide whether or not it's the same timeline. Could always just change the time of day a little and call it an afternoon event.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"I don't think that's changed since I got here." Sakura says amusedly. Her education amounts to borrowed knowledge of how to read from Adir's head.

She shakes her head. "Nope, I haven't got any new songs on it. I still don't really know how. And I've never heard much about NexNet." She's heard the word a couple times around, but what it's called is about all she knows.

[Frescot Housewarming]

Let's slide this in after the other scene. Later on the same day seems fine.

Assuming Kirin approaches the door, she'll be quickly met by Sakura throwing the door open. "Hey Kirin. Come on in." The dryad steps backward into the foyer proper. "Cessie and Harnel should be here soon. So what do you think of the house so far?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Frescot Housewarming]

As Sakura and Kirin are talking, Cessie seems to have decided to show up as well. She's now dressed in a silk dress colored deep green with both inner (fitted) and outer (hanging) yellow sleeves decorated with purple lace.

Behind her walks Garn the gargoyle carrying what appears to be a large velvet bag made of silk tied together with an relative simple cotton band in one hand and Cora in another.

The construct seems overly careful with the child and doesn't seem to dare to take her in an even remotely tight grip.

"Well, we're finally here. Sorry it took so long but we got a bit lost." She says with a sheepish smile.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Housewarming]

Cora just keeps looking at Garn's pretty eyes and reaching for them. Shiny things, and all she's thinking is that she wants the treasures!

Harnel is also here, carrying Bastion, who is uncharacterisitically active today in that he's pulling on Harnel's nice coat. It's colored black, as is the situation with his pants, because it goes nicely with his skin tone.

Harnel is tickling Bastion a bit, much to the child's delight.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Frescot Housewarming

"The house is bigger than I thought it would be,"
    admits Kirin. "I was expecting something a bit less..." Then the Mithars arrive, and Kirin waves to them.

Kirin isn't as fancy as the Mithars are, but is wearing that dress that Sakura convinced her to buy the other day.

14. - Top - End - #194

[Pre-Gathering]

"Hey, just cuz I know a little more doesn't mean I'm smarter," Adir says, wagging his finger at Sakura. He walks back over, smiling. "Like with NexNet, for instance. Here, gimme your iPod."

Frescot Housewarming

All guests should find the Frescot home looking well. Surprisingly clean, with warm orange light to guide their way. Adir enters from the deck, stepping through the archway opposite the main entrance. He's sweaty - or perhaps wet, from his 'fishing' - and his pants are still a little damp.

"Hey guys! Everyone make it here okay? Must be hard to tell from the air." He's assuming, of course, that the Therishein family flew here, since they're all quite capable. He has yet to meet Kirin, though.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"Oh, I didn't say you were smarter." Sakura says cheekily as she hands over the iPod.

[Frescot Housewarming]

Hopefully Adir remembers that Harnel took Cessie's last name.

Sakura herself isn't dressed all that fancily either. Just a wispy yellow dress that leaves her shoulders bare.

"Hey you guys." Sakura practically skips over to Cessie to give her a quick hug and then steps past her to give Cora a little attention. "Hey there. Did mommy buy you that dress? You sure look cute." She babbles in baby talk. She looks back to Cessie. "So do you wanna take the grand tour now, or should we sit down first?"

"Oh, Adir. You should go get Laela. She's in her cradle. She should be ready to get up by now." The dryad is having trouble keeping her attention in one place.

16. - Top - End - #196

[Frescot Housewarming]

Hopefully, Cessie isn't all that familiar with other naming conventions then her own (except the wolfen's and the elves) so she would just be left confused why she should have taken Harnel's name.

"You can't stop my curiosity Sakura, I like to see the whole house if possible. The guys could stay here if they wish though and take care of the babies." She says with an glance at Harnel and Adir.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Housewarming]

"I'd be fine with that," Harnel says, Bastion taking his claw in hand and shaking it around in excitement, "I want the twins to meet Laela, and I want to watch that"

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Frescot Housewarming

Kirin will stand out of the way of the door, but peeks into the house. She's curious about what is in this house, you know. But since Sakura is already going to give Cessie a tour, she can just tag along on that.

19. - Top - End - #199

Pre-Gathering

"Mmhm. Best watch that ego, young lady," Adir says, cocking an eyebrow at her. He walks over and plugs Sakura's iPod into the stereo system, which is in turn connected to the stag's computer. "Oookay... lets see. iTunes store... classical... Heeere we go." He grins in satisfaction. "Try this for boring, sweetie."

That said, In the Hall of the Mountain King begins to drift softly from the entertainment center. Even Adir's heard this one. He tries to keep it from being too loud, though, for Laela's sake.

Speaking of Laela, Adir leaves the iPod plugged in and walks over to her, trying to take her hands and do a little 'dance' to the music.

[Frescot Housewarming]

Of course, of course! His player, on the other hand...

Adir's grins and nods. He hurries upstairs as bidden, returning with the resident bundle of joy in his arms. When he walks back over, though, it's Kirin who draws his attention. "Oh, hey. Kirin, right? Nice to meet you." The next excitable glance is put toward Harnel. "We should probly go out on the patio. I've got some appetizers cooking."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Laela giggles at the attention, not really understanding what's going on. Sakura laughs along with her. "Maybe It's not so boring, but still."

It's a shame her player's internet is too derp to look up the song.

[Frescot Housewarming]

Laela peers at all the people present. That's a lot of people! She has a big smile on her face. She must have had a good nap.

"Oh right. Adir, Kirin. Kirin, Adir. You two can chat after we've taken the tour." Sakura tries to grab Cessie's hand and then Kirn's right after. Soon the two of them will find themselves tugged toward the kitchen. The dryad sure is eager.

21. - Top - End - #201

[Frescot Housewarming]

"Garn, keep an eye on those two okay?" Cessie tells the gargoyle with a little smile on her face before she's dragged away by Sakura. "Oh and let Harnel take Cora!" They can hear her shout before disappearing into the house.

Garn flutters over and hands Cora to the half-dragon before the gargoyle goes to stare at Adir and Harnel like they were convicts.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-19 at 03:27 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Houswarming]

Harnel takes Cora, and says, "Oh don't give me that look, Garn. She told you to watch us, not glare at us." he rolls his eyes, and starts to move towards the door as the twins fidget. Cora has already joined her brother in pulling on Harnel's coat.

He walks towards the Patio, and will sit in any chair avalaible so he doesn't have to carry his babies with his arms, instead balancing the pair on his lap.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Frescot Houswarming

"Yes, hello."

Kirin is then pulled away by Sakura, and follows without trouble. She wants to see around the house, you know!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Houswarming]

Sakura lets the to women go once they've crossed through the dining room and ended up in the kitchen. "Here's the dining room and kitchen. One of use definitely needs to learn how to cook so we can get some more use out of all this." She says with a little laugh.

25. - Top - End - #205

Housewarming - Patio

"I'm really starting to think Cessie sees us as kids," Adir says, cocking one brow at the stony construct. He'll follow Harnel outside, affording Garn another glance while he does. "Who's he, anyway? Another, uh, elemental?"

There's a few seats, the comfortable sort you'd find by a pool or in a day spa. Folding backs and all that. Harnel will be greeted with a fine view of the back yard, his other senses assailed by the sound and smell of meat cooking. Some sort of river-shrimp that Adir caught, doused with a special barbecue sauce for flavor.

Lying in the grass below the deck is a tremendous winged hog, with wicked tusks jutting from it's jagged mouth. The two-ton mound of meat and attitude is slowly rising and falling, expanding almost cartoonishly with each inhalation.

Pre-Gathering

"Still what? I am planning for our little girl's future. Idn't 'at right Laela?" The stag grins at his daughter foolishly, exaggerating the L's in her name. "She's gotta be nice n' smart like her mom."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-19 at 09:48 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #206

[Frescot Houswarming]

"You could burrow Harnel, he knows how to cook. Could teach you." The mage says with a smile. Of course, she had at least learned how to cook something in a campfire which was something.

Housewarming - Patio

The gargoyle responds with a grunt and follows the two out into the yard before sitting down in front of them like some kind of bizarre garden gnome. He doesn't want to keep the two out of his sight apparently, paying no heed to the fellow winged creature nearby.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-20 at 04:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Frescot Houswarming

"Cooking is easy enough to learn. Once you know the basics, you just need to buy a cookbook or two." Kirin says as she looks around the kitchen. It's very nice.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Heh, that's a good idea. I'm sure I could figure it out if I tried eventually." Sakura says. "It is tempting to see how much of the cooking I can get Adir to do, though." She says with a giggle.

[Pre-Gathering]

The dryad grins and leans down to kiss the top of the gleeful baby's head. "Yes she is." Sakura thinks for a moment while bouncing the baby gently. "We'll have to think about some kind of education for her." It's not a topic she knows a lot about.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-20 at 06:04 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

[Frescot Housewarming]

"Garn is a gargoyle that Cessie and I built. Or, well, she made him, I just helped with building the body. Given the whole gargoyle thing of being a vigilant protector, he never lets up on a bit of his paranoia, but he's extremely loyal." Harnel says, bouncing his kids on his knees, much to their further delight. Even Bastion seems to be enjoying himself.

30. - Top - End - #210

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"I'm simply too busy to prepare complicated meals." Cessie says, and while she could cook, it simply wasn't fitting for her to do so in her opinion. "I'm glad Kirin can cook though, not sure what I would do without her." Probably hire another servant.