New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Housewarming - Ladies]

The sorceress just gives Sakura an amused look but doesn't reply to that particular comment. "Well, perhaps we should see the rest of the house then? We could get back here later on."
    Kirin nods in agreement. "Yeah, I would like to see the rest of the house."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Sure, right this way." Sakura guides them out of the room and and takes them through each of the other three bedrooms. They see the two empty rooms first before they end up in Laela's room. "We figure we could probably fit two kids in each room pretty easy." She says with a wry grin. Of course, that is the actual plan at the moment. "Right now we're probably gonna put a big bed in one of them for a guest room, though."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"I'm guessing we will have to take some of your children eventually then once you're out of space of course." Cessie replies with an amused look at the dryad.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

Kirin rolls her eyes, assuming they are joking.

Later tonight, in bed, she will proceed to assure herself that they were joking. They were joking, right? Oh, she hopes they were joking...

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

Sakura laughs. "Oh don't worry about that. Apparently if we need more rooms we can just dig down." The dryad leads them out of the room again, and starts to head downstairs. "Just a couple more stops."

She heads toward the den next. "And here's Adir's favorite room." It's definitely his room alright. The guns and hunting trophies mounted on the walls make that clear. Even the fireplace is a sign of that for those that know Sakura well. "That door leads to the garage." She points out the other exit from the room.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Halfling in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Adir seems to make a dreadful amount of gestures while telling a story. Big, leaping swoops with his hands, his fingers bursting out like explosions. Though it's not the longest story - just the tale of sun, presiding over his eternal Summer court, and a tale of unrequited love from the moon. He chases her, round and round, until the end of time. Some fey back home - the actual Summer court and Winter court, in particular - might believe this story. Heck, it might actually be true.

"You think I should tell her stuff in Common, too?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura nods. "Probably should tell her stories mostly in common. Since that's the language she'll be using all the time. It's most important she hears that." Sakura herself is far more practiced in the common tongue than the fey language.

The dryad suddenly looks up, toward the back of the house. "Sarget's back. He says he has some news for us." He's not letting anything else on apparently.

8. - Top - End - #248

[Pre-Gathering]

"Well, I dunno honey..." Adir says, sounding hesitant. He'd really like to teach their daughter fey. But before he can say so, Sarget returns. "Arright, well, let's not keep loverboy waiting."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #249

[Housewarming - Ladies]

The sorceress wasn't very found of weapons but she couldn't deny her own husband was obsessed by them as well, not to mention she had her own weapons which really couldn't be taken away. At least they didn't have to be violent though.

"You certainly can see his influences about the place. In our case Harnel build the entire keep without as much asking me about anything so I suppose one could see that he had deicded a few things." She still looked pretty happy about it however.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

"Nice rifle collection." Kirin looks at the rifles, seeing how many of them she can name in her head...

...which might be one, since most rifles from her universe are not by any means common in the nexus nor have coincidentally similar models in other universes.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

Sakura laughs a little. "Oh yes, he likes his guns. I have no idea where he got some many, but I guess he had a while in the Nexus before I got around to showing up here." The dryad walks over to the wall of guns. "I've shot a few of these. Just in the shooting range. Adir was teaching me quite a while ago now."

12. - Top - End - #252

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Yes, Harnel brought home about three hundred weapons one day. He's as obsessed with them as Adir is with guns." The mage says with a faint smile as she looks at the rifles. "So you can actually handle these things now then?" She could recall seeing Sakura and Adir train... gods, that was a long time ago. Before she even married Harnel.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

Kirin looks around the room a bit more. Not a lot here to really interest her... She doesn't know enough about hunting or guns or cars... so for now she'll just stand there and listen to the back-and-forth.

14. - Top - End - #254

Housewarming - Ladies

Kirin might recognize a few of the models up on the wall. A few generic, moddable assault rifles, Bordenschwantz or somesuch, built by interworld conglomerates with an interest in adaptable weaponry. A Russian KS-23 4-gauge shotgun, from regular old Earth. A couple projected-energy weapons. There's little precision implements - a battle rifle or two, at best. Sniping and marksmanship at extreme ranges has never been Adir's forte.

Pre-Gathering

Oh, wait, there's nothin to reply to!

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

Sakura laughs, assuming Cessie is exaggerating about 'three hundred'. "Well, it's been a long time since I did, but I could probably do it again after a little bit of practice."

The dryad looks away from the guns and over to the computer. "Oh! I gotta show you guys this." She goes over to it and sits down. With some difficulty she moves the cursor through a few clicks. A folder opens, and in it is picture upon picture upon picture of Laela. The scroll bar is tiny. There are scattered pictures of Adir, Sakura, and Sarget in there too, but the vast majority are of Laela.

[Pre-Gathering]

Whoops!

No doubt Sakura will get to inform him of the value of teaching her two languages, but for now it's out to Sarget. "Say hi to Grandpa, Laela." Sakura prompts their daughter as they get outside. She babbles something. Close enough!

The treant looks at neutral as ever, but there's definitely something going on. He's hard to read, however. "Do you remember when you said you wish you had a sibling at times, Sakura?"

The dryad gives him a puzzled look. "Yeah, why?"

Sarget pauses, as if for dramatic effect. "In not too long you'll be getting a little sister."

16. - Top - End - #256

[Pre-Gathering]

Well, she would, but he's not that stupid. He just feels Fey should be equally important. In any case, Sarget's explanation helps him quickly forget about the whole thing.

Adir blinks.

Frowns.

The explanation slowly dawns on him. And he laughs. "You gotta be joking. He's joking, right?" He never jokes, but this it just couldn't be right. "I thought this was just a thing that, y'know, happened."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura blinks a couple times. Wait what? She's getting a sister?

"I had thought so as well, to be ho-" Sarget is suddenly cut off by Sakura.

"Oh my god I'm gonna have a sister!" She'd jump up and down if she didn't have a baby in her hands. Speaking of which, she hands Laela to Adir and throws her hands around Sarget's trunk. First Laela, then her getting pregnant again, and now she's going to have a sister. Their family is getting so big, and she loves it.

18. - Top - End - #258

[Pre-Gathering]

Adir suddenly has a baby thrust upon him, and mostly resolves to stand around looking stunned. "I guess this means we're gonna need more rooms."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"I'm glad you're happy." Sarget rumbles. He personally doesn't mind one bit. Life with Sakura around has been an absolute delight, so there's little reason not to feel the same way about this.

Sakura lets Sarget go and laughs. "Another little girl's room." They need some boys around to balance it out; Adir's getting outnumbered. "At least they did say we can dig down more if we need more room."

20. - Top - End - #260

[Pre-Gathering]

So the stag keeps saying. He shakes his head at the dryad and her parent tree, chuckling. "This is gonna be too weird. So when're you due, Sarget? Got a decent guess?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sarget is silent for a minute, thinking."I was less aware of what was happening the last time this occurred, so it is hard to guess. I would estimate some time over a month or so, however."

"Oh, only that little time? We better start thinking about getting some stuff."

22. - Top - End - #262

[Pre-Gathering]

"Gods. She's gonna be what, five when she comes? I'm feeling a little rushed here, Sakura," Adir says, glancing back toward the house. "Just try to wear protection next time, okay Sarget? We're gonna run out've room here fast if the both of you start up again."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sarget rumbles. He's going to have to keep an eye on pixies in the future.

Sakura giggles and tries to poke Adir in the ribs. "If you want me to have kids slower then you're gonna have to show some restraint, now aren't you." She grins.

24. - Top - End - #264

[Pre-Gathering]

Adir is poked! "Hey, knock that off!" He says, grinning. "You know I want plenty of kids. But you don't see me inviting my mom's whole brood to come live with us." She should be very thankful for that.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"If they're anything like you then I sure am. The house would be a disaster in minutes." She laughs some more. At least babies take a little while before they start making widespread messes.

"Ooh, we should invite your parents over sometime. They haven't even gotten to see Laela yet, let alone the house." No doubt at least his mom will be glad to hear she's pregnant yet again.

26. - Top - End - #266

[Pre-Gathering]

"Worse," Adir says truthfully. He's one of the few Frescots that's actually tolerable in a civilized world. "My parents shouldn't wreck too much, though. I'm worried my dad won't fit." He rolls his eyes melodramatically at Sarget. "Someone had to go and make his daughter all short. Now we have a midget house." Of course, the stag's not the tallest man himself. He grins. "And a bunch of little tiny kids running around before long."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-04 at 11:17 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sarget chuckles. "I'll try to do better on my second try."

"I'm all short am I?" Sakura puts her hands on her hips and mock-glares up at Adir. It doesn't really help her case any. "Maybe you're just too tall, with you're head caught up in the clouds all the time." She shakes her head.

28. - Top - End - #268

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Oh, one of those electronic devices." Cessie observes as she see the computer. They seemed useful.
    Looking at the screen she seems rather impressed, but if it's of the pictures themselves or the fact the computer can hold them. "Fantastic, you use one of those cameras to take them right and somehow transfer them to this thing?" She did have some limited experience with these electronic things.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Housewarming - Of Men and Babies]

Whoops! Laela is suddenly denied her newest toy, and the friend attached to it. She starts to get a little fussy because of that, but Adir heads it off when he tickles her feet. Soon she's giggling happily again.
    [Housewarming - Babies!]

When Cora starts to fuss over Laela going away, Bastion, handily distracts her, putting the girl's tail in his mouth in place of Laela, in order to get her attention. after all, that new baby wanted it, didn't she?

"Too much trouble to get Cessie to do it, I think. It was hard enough to convince her to breastfeed in the first place. Honestly, I just dread when these two start teething; sharp teeth make for bad household problems."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

"Ooh, cool." Krin, however, appears to lack sufficient experience and is therefore impressed by the computer. She then watches the pictures. "You got the pictures off of the photos with one of those scanner things, right? Or do you have something that takes it straight off the film?"