New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Well, we have this camera like Cessie said. I think Adir might have it somewhere. Anyway, all you do is just plug it in and do a couple things. Then the pictures go on the computer. I dunno how to do it. Adir always puts them on the computer." Sakura explains.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Pre-Gathering]

Sarget chuckles. "I'll try to do better on my second try."

"I'm all short am I?" Sakura puts her hands on her hips and mock-glares up at Adir. It doesn't really help her case any. "Maybe you're just too tall, with you're head caught up in the clouds all the time." She shakes her head.
    Adir always likes it when he can get someone like Sarget to laugh. The stag's attention is, however, immediately dragged back down to Sakura. He grins from ear to ear and gives her a little pat on the head. Pat pat. "Aw, isn't she cute though?" He asks no one in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Housewarming - Babies!]

When Cora starts to fuss over Laela going away, Bastion, handily distracts her, putting the girl's tail in his mouth in place of Laela, in order to get her attention. after all, that new baby wanted it, didn't she?

"Too much trouble to get Cessie to do it, I think. It was hard enough to convince her to breastfeed in the first place. Honestly, I just dread when these two start teething; sharp teeth make for bad household problems."
    Adir tries to keep Laela entertained, for the time being. They'd really have to put the kids in a crib together later. Get them out of their parent's hair for dinner. "Hard to convince her? Uh, you mind me asking why?" He shrugs. "Besides the eventual issue of teeth and pain."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Men and Babies]

"Well..."
    Harnel trails off a bit, trying to find the right words, "Between the pair of us, I was always the one who wanted children, and I'm fairly certain I pressured her into it without meaning to. Cessie isn't the most maternal sort, no matter how much she loves them, and she's from a place where nobles all got other women to breast feed their children. I always found that a really strange practice."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Glare glare. Sakura, "Hmph." -s, but doesn't stop him from patting her on the head. She then walks right past him and nibly climbs onto Sarget's lower branches. "Who's the short one now?" She asks, peering down at him with a grin on her face.

[Housewarming - Babies!]

Laela is content to sit in her father's arms for the moment and just peer over at the other babies. Her thumb is deposited firmly in her mouth.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Interesting. I might try to learn how to use one of those machines." Cessie says as she look at the computer. "You mentioned Adir were comfortable operating it? It doesn't seem to be too difficult really." She had observed the movements of the white arrow and the hand-device Sakura used. Apparently everything was just a few clicks away in this machine.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-07 at 08:33 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

"They must have gotten the gears really small to do all that and fit it all in there."

...gears?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

Sakura shrugs at Kirin. "I guess so. I don't really know how it works." She looks back at the screen and wiggles the mouse around. "It's not too hard to use. I just don't know where stuff is, and it's supposed to be able to do a bunch of other stuff too."

8. - Top - End - #278

[Housewarming - Men and Babies]

Adir's speech becomes a little more discreet. He was never an inside voice kinda guy, even if they're not inside. That bit about the nobles - and Cessie in particular - surprises him, but only briefly. "Sounds kinda... detached, man. So it wasn't just a, uh... happy surprise? Like with Laela?" Not the happiest at first, but it turned out well enough. Extremely well, in fact. "I mean, she never seemed like the motherly type to me... or anyone, really... I mean..." Gods, that didn't come out right. He glances elsewhere.

Laela, meanwhile, has been sat firmly on her father's knee, and he's holding her sides with either hand.

((Oh, Harnel, I'd really like a post from you for the Clinic.))

Housewarming - Ladies

Hopefully Sakura has the good sense to scroll past some things. While they're some variation of Laela, nine times out of ten, there's a few rather lewd sets that Adir's taken in addition. He never bothers hiding anything, as his friends know too well.

[Pre-Gathering]

"That's just cheating," Adir says, laughing like a fool. "Oh, and still you. But hey, I've always liked short girls," He says in a complimentary tone, jiggling Laela in the crook of one arm. "You know that."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"Hm, I guess so." Sakura giggles and deftly drops out of the branch and onto the ground. "Not gonna be able to that for much longer." She comments as she moves to stand in front of him again. She definitely likes being a mother, but pregnancy cure has it's obstacles.

10. - Top - End - #280

[Pre-Gathering]

"I'm honestly surprised that I was the one who needed convincing," Adir says, trying to swing an arm around her shoulders and pull her close. "You're gonna be pregnant what, two or three more times?" His eyes widen in shock. "Good gods, my mother's completely insane. She's still not sick of making kids."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-08 at 01:27 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura giggles and bumps her hips against Adir. "Hm, we'll have to see how many more times, won't we?" She says mysteriously. A part of her finds the idea of having more than four or five kids appealing, but she knows it's best to see how this whole parenting thing goes with even as many kids as she has and is having now. "I'm pretty sure I'm not as crazy as your mom, though."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

If there is indeed some indecent stuff on the computer Cessie will simply turn away from it. Now that was one reason not to get one, hopefully Harnel would never keep such pictures this open. "Well... maybe we should return to them now?"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

Kirin will similarly ignore questionable pictures. "Yeah, I'm for that." She takes out a granola bar and munches on it.

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Pre-Gathering]

Sakura giggles and bumps her hips against Adir. "Hm, we'll have to see how many more times, won't we?" She says mysteriously. A part of her finds the idea of having more than four or five kids appealing, but she knows it's best to see how this whole parenting thing goes with even as many kids as she has and is having now. "I'm pretty sure I'm not as crazy as your mom, though."
    "Gods, woman, I'm not a machine," Adir says with a laugh, kissing her hard on the side of the head. "And as for my mother, well, she's got all sorts of servants to help her." He raises his eyebrows at Sakura, grinning. "Now servants. That's an idea I can get behind."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura raises and eyebrow. "Servants? I dunno about that..." Sakura isn't really fond of the idea of not personally (along with Adir) doing all the child raising herself.

16. - Top - End - #286

[Pre-Gathering]

"Well, y'know, if things ever get to be too much," Adir assures her. He doesn't imagine Laela - or the next two kids - will be too much, but one never knows. "What, you don't think it's a good idea?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura shakes her head. "Not if it means someone else taking care of our kids. I mean, obviously we'll want some time off for each other every so often, but for the day to day stuff, I wanna be there, for each and every kid we have."

18. - Top - End - #288

[Pre-Gathering]

"Of course, honey," Adir says, as though it was never a concern. "My mum's the same way. Until we I got old enough, she was with me almost the whole day. Herded us around in a big clump when we weren't clambering all over her, but she took care of us."

He smiles a bit more at that memory. He might be exaggerating a little - of course there were times when it was just their human servants. "The servants were for... food. Or helping during the pregnancy." He leans in close. "Y'know, someone to take care of you if I'm on assignment at Watch." He shrugs. "Just something to think about. I, um, I'm getting promoted, so..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura blinks. "You're getting promoted?" She asks, sounding surprised. "When did this happen? What does that mean for you?" After the initial surprise fades she gives him a big smile. She's very proud of him.

20. - Top - End - #290

[Pre-Gathering]

"Just today. Wenomir came in while I was cleaning up the Helldiver and just sorta... offered. I know I shoulda asked, with Laela and all, but... I dunno. You know it's something I've wanted for a while," Adir says, glancing at their daughter, a little embarrassed. "I'm probably gonna be a little more busy."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura gets on her tiptoes to give Adir a kiss on the cheek. "It's okay. I can't take up all your time. Even if I really want to." She smiles and looks down at Laela. The baby looks up at the sudden attention almost immediately. "And that means I get more girl time with our little bundle of joy, don't I?" She baby talks, prompting a grin from Laela.

22. - Top - End - #292

[Pre-Gathering]

Adir honestly feels like she owns the rights to all his time, but doesn't say so. This job is just as important to him. Can't let the Nexus blow up with all his friends and family in it, now can he?

He accepts the kiss with a small sigh of relief. The stag grins when Laela does - she never fails to make him smile. "Before I forget, there was one other thing I wanted to tell you. Did you, uh, look up at the top of the hill yet today?"

And if she does, she'll see what appears to be a two-ton mound of pork sitting on top of their house. The pig is almost cartoonishly rotund, and adding to the ridiculous appearance, a pair of wings sprout from her fleshy flanks.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura has not, in fact, looked in that direction at all save for when she was looking down from Sarget's branches. And even then she wasn't looking anywhere near the top of the house. So when she does look, her expression is appropriately dumbfounded. "Uh, what is it?" Is the best way she can think of to ask for clarification at the moment.

24. - Top - End - #294

[Pre-Gathering]

"That, honey, is my new... pet, I guess you could say," Adir explains. Animal companion would be more appropriate, really. He grins. "She's a pig. That flies. Isn't that just awesome?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Blink blink. "Here I thought we were gonna get a dog." Sakura says with a laugh. "How the heck does she fly? Does she have a name?"

26. - Top - End - #296

[Pre-gathering]

"Not a clue in the world. Magic, probably," Adir surmises. "But she doesn't have a name yet. Wasn't sure what I wanted to call her."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"Hm..." Sakura ponders. What's a good name? "Oh, I know. How about Maggie?" That's a good name.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((*so much evil laughter*))

28. - Top - End - #298

[Pre-Gathering]

"Sure. Maggie... maaan, there's another girl in the house. Well, on the house," Adir says with a sigh, looking up at the mound of meat and feathers. "I'm fighting a losing battle. We need some boys around here."

((-->reference
    |
    |
    |
    my head
    ))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-12 at 09:10 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura laughs and slings her arm around Adir's waist. "Hey, maybe you'll get lucky." She pats her stomach. Laela, meanwhile, is peering up at the pig her parents seem so interested. As is usual, she's stuffed half her hand in her mouth.

Also, they still totally need a dog/wolf. *nodnod*

((Magtok = Maggy
    *evil grin*))

30. - Top - End - #300

((Oh, well that I thought of. Wasn't sure how it could relate to a pig, other than the fact that it'll annoy Magtok if they ever meet him.
    I think that's reason enough))

[Pre-Gathering]

Dog, yesss. Some big, fluffy, slobbery sort. Perhaps Sakura can bring it up and get him interested. "Not that I'd mind a buncha girls like you, but hopefully one of them can be a meat-eating tomboy." He sighs up at the pig. "And Maggie certainly doesn't count."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters