New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura did mention the earlier dog plans. She said it up there! "Aw. Poor Adir. Whatever are you gonna do surrounded by all these girls? We're gonna have to go shopping all the time, getting all kinds of pretty dresses. Won't that be fun?" She teases.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Halfling in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"Yeah, fun," Adir grumbles melodramatically, eyes falling half-closed. A small smile falls across his face. "Do I get to pick some? Yours, maybe?"

((Oh, by the by, Sakura's presence in Watch would be appreciated))
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"Weeeeell, since we would be dragging you along, I don't see why not." Sakura gives him her own grin. "What did you have in mind?" Of course, the last time Adir picked out her clothes it was those short shorts she may never fit into again. He may not be the best at picking out clothes.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Housewarming - Men and Babies]

Adir's speech becomes a little more discreet. He was never an inside voice kinda guy, even if they're not inside. That bit about the nobles - and Cessie in particular - surprises him, but only briefly. "Sounds kinda... detached, man. So it wasn't just a, uh... happy surprise? Like with Laela?" Not the happiest at first, but it turned out well enough. Extremely well, in fact. "I mean, she never seemed like the motherly type to me... or anyone, really... I mean..." Gods, that didn't come out right. He glances elsewhere.

Laela, meanwhile, has been sat firmly on her father's knee, and he's holding her sides with either hand.

((Oh, Harnel, I'd really like a post from you for the Clinic.))

"Well, it was happy when we found out. We were both excited to be parents. But it was never Cessie's idea in the first place. I doubt sometimes if she ever really wanted children in the first place. I certainly wouldn't ask her to have more now that we have this pair to take care of."

Speaking of the twins, Cora is now gumming Bastion's ear as he gums her tail. It's really quite cute. Harnel keeps his hands to either side of his lap to make sure they don't fall off.

((It's been long enough that I can't find the scene we left off on >.>))
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies => Men and Babies]

Whoops, Sakura quickly scrolls away from those pictures, looking rather embarrassed. She should get Adir to put those somewhere a little more discrete. "Yeah, sure." Sakura stands and will lead the way back to the menfolk and children.

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Pre-Gathering]

"Weeeeell, since we would be dragging you along, I don't see why not." Sakura gives him her own grin. "What did you have in mind?" Of course, the last time Adir picked out her clothes it was those short shorts she may never fit into again. He may not be the best at picking out clothes.
    Well, when he talks with her about wanting a bunch of kids, the stag expects her figure to suffer a little. Though perhaps that's more subconscious than anything right now. "I dunno. If I wanted to get you clothes right now, the only thing I'd have in mind is the maternity section." He glances upward and raises his eyebrows, smirking ineffectually. "Then there'd be the workout clothes, then maybe all the teeny tiny stuff that I have in mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

"Well, it was happy when we found out. We were both excited to be parents. But it was never Cessie's idea in the first place. I doubt sometimes if she ever really wanted children in the first place. I certainly wouldn't ask her to have more now that we have this pair to take care of."

Speaking of the twins, Cora is now gumming Bastion's ear as he gums her tail. It's really quite cute. Harnel keeps his hands to either side of his lap to make sure they don't fall off.

((It's been long enough that I can't find the scene we left off on >.>))
    ((Harnel! Good to see you back. The post is here, but there's no rush.))

"Well, I wouldn't fret about it," Adir says reassuringly, though what he thought to add is unless you want more. A bit of tact goes a long way, and he doesn't want this to bother Harnel any more than it already is. "Maybe she's still in baby-shock and hasn't warmed up to the whole thing yet."

He finishes speaking just as the ladies return, or perhaps they hear him anyway. Hopefully the former. The stag turns and smiles at the lot of them, either way. "Girls! Just in time. I think our appetizers are ready." By that he means the strange crustaceans that are currently popping on his grill. Heat, on top of their internal anatomy, has caused the top of their crawdad-esque shells to burst. Glistening white meat is pushing through the new holes, already having been dipped in a clear sauce by none other than Adir.

He's also prepared a few shish kabobs of peppers, onions, baby corn and other things for Sakura. He's gotten in the habit of making veggies at every meal, with their new house and all.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"Workout clothes?" Sakura raises an eyebrow at him. Careful, Adir, you're on dangerous ground. "What're you getting at?" Her eyes narrow dangerously.

8. - Top - End - #308

[Pre-Gathering]

"Well... I mean... maybe after we have a couple more kids..." Adir waves his hands dismissively, suddenly very intent on shutting up. "Y'know what, uh, never mind."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-15 at 01:30 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"That's what I thought." Sakura says with a smug little smile. Her amusement rather than anger is suddenly very clear.

10. - Top - End - #310

[Pre-Gathering]

"Oh, geeze, I thought you were gonna kill me," Adir says, exhaling dramatically. He grins again. "So, now that I'm not in danger, what's on the agenda for today?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura giggles. "Oh, I don't know. I bet this little one will be able to keep us busy all day." She looks down at Laela to find their little bundle of joy gumming at one of her own petals that came loose. "Uh oh, let be get that for you, Laela." She babytalks as she tries to fish the petal out of Laela's mouth. The baby is having none of it, though, as she keeps her mouth firmly closed and keeps turning her head away.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground

As the mage arrives at the grill she raises an eyebrow at the food and drawn in the smell. Looking interesting alright. She wasn't all that hungry yet but it would be rude to say no the food.

"So what is all that?" She asks curiously while looking at the grill.

13. - Top - End - #313

[Pre-Gathering]

"Laela, be nice to your mom," Adir says with a huge smile. He tries to tickle the little fae into submission, hopefully getting her mouth to open. Though she might just swallow the petal by accident, if she starts laughing.

[Housewarming - Manly men and their babies]

"Some other Nexus natives I got out of the stream and cleaned up. They cook up nice. Easy to get at the meat, too," Adir says with a smile. He stands to turn the grill off, perhaps offering Laela to Sakura before he does. The grilled foods - plentiful, but not a meal by any standard - get shoveled into a bowl that seems to be made from some kind of dried plant. He offers the bowl to the girls. "Go ahead, try one. There's some kabobs here for anyone who's not a meat-eater."

The 'crawdad' meat feels more heavy in the mouth than your average shellfish, filled with succulent juices and buttered well. The sauce Adir brushed on adds a balsamic, honeyed flavor. It's a little taste of home, for him, as it's made from dried flowers that added such a flavor to just about anything.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-16 at 06:39 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Manly men and their babies

Kirin immediately pops one into her mouth and considers the flavor and texture. "Delicious! Rich meat, succulent, a bit of sauce... mm!"

Kirin doesn't take another immediately. She knows she has to control herself... even if it is delicious.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura settles Laela into the crook of her arm. The little fey grabs at Sakura's dress and occupies herself with tugging at it.

With her free hand, Sakura grabs a kabob and pulls a baby corn off with her teeth. "Mmm." She approves. "I hope these little ones weren't giving you two any trouble." She looks between Adir and Harnel.

[Pre-Gathering]

Laela laughs, exposing the petal stuck to her tongue, and Sakura takes the opportunity to fish it out. "There." Laela isn't bothered with the petal being taken. She's perfectly happy to grab at Adir's hand.

16. - Top - End - #316

[Pre-Gathering]

Adir's hand is grabbed! He'll let Laela stick his fingers in her mouth, if she really wants. "Rebellious already. That was quick."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Laela gnaws at Adir's hand. It's a good thing she doesn't have any teeth just yet! Sakura giggles. "Oh dear. What's she gonna be like when she's a teenager?"

"I think I have an idea." Sarget speaks up, a touch of amusement in his tone. Sakura just sticks her tongue out at him childishly.

18. - Top - End - #318

[Pre-Gathering]

"Oh? What was that? Did this one give you trouble, Sarget?" The stag asks, pointing at Sakura. Adir sounds skeptical, if very amused. "You sure it wasn't another dryad you forgot about?" When Adir and Sakura first got together, the stag remembers her as the picture of innocence. Well, mostly.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sarget chuckles. "There was a while when she got tired of dragging her old tree around and insisted on walking on her own at the very limit of our connection. Inevitably she got herself into trouble. Like one time a band of pixies dangled her upside down from a tree branch and left me to find her." The treant ignores the dirty looks he's getting from Sakura. "Of course, that wasn't quite like the time she demanded we stay in one area."

"Oh no you don't. Stop right there." Sakura marches right over to Sarget, plants her hands on her hips and glares up at him. "You're not telling that story." Sarget just finds it funny.

20. - Top - End - #320

[Pre-Gathering]

Adir smirks at that first story. He couldn't even imagine Sakura thinking like that. When Sarget mentions this fiasco with staying in one spot, the stag walks up behind Sakura and beams up at her treant. "Oh yes you are."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"Well, one evening when I wasn't aware, Sakura snuck off on her own. When she retunrd, she told me that we should stay where we were. It took me almost a week to realize that she'd demand I change direction whenever we got too close to or too far away from a village." Sarget continues, despite Sakura groaning.

"She kept sneaking off, and I couldn't figure out why. One day she was gone longer than usual, so I went to investigate. When I came upon the village I was greeted by the sight of Sakura and a young man kissing out behind a hut. I've never seen anyone move so fast as when that boy moved away from Sakura." The treant chuckles.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Barbeque]

"No trouble we couldn't handle, though Garn's been giving us the stink-eye this entire time." Harnel says, the Mithar twins wrestling with each other still on his lap. They appear to be enjoying themselves quite a lot.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [At the Barbeque]

"No trouble we couldn't handle, though Garn's been giving us the stink-eye this entire time." Harnel says, the Mithar twins wrestling with each other still on his lap. They appear to be enjoying themselves quite a lot.

Sakura settles Laela into the crook of her arm. The little fey grabs at Sakura's dress and occupies herself with tugging at it.

With her free hand, Sakura grabs a kabob and pulls a baby corn off with her teeth. "Mmm." She approves. "I hope these little ones weren't giving you two any trouble." She looks between Adir and Harnel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Housewarming - Manly men and their babies

Kirin immediately pops one into her mouth and considers the flavor and texture. "Delicious! Rich meat, succulent, a bit of sauce... mm!"

Kirin doesn't take another immediately. She knows she has to control herself... even if it is delicious.
    "Yeah, I was just askin' if he would be scowling at us the whole time. I get enough of that from Wenomir," Adir says, grinning at the excellent response to his appetizers. "You really like it? Cool then. Homemade, everything. My old grand-dad's recipe." Adir offers one to Harnel, too, if he ever gets a free hand. "I can, uh, take one of them if you want Harnel." He says, looking at the twins.

Just then, in the midst of exchanging food and babies, there is a knock on the door.

[Pre-Gathering]

"Well, one evening when I wasn't aware, Sakura snuck off on her own. When she retunrd, she told me that we should stay where we were. It took me almost a week to realize that she'd demand I change direction whenever we got too close to or too far away from a village." Sarget continues, despite Sakura groaning.

"She kept sneaking off, and I couldn't figure out why. One day she was gone longer than usual, so I went to investigate. When I came upon the village I was greeted by the sight of Sakura and a young man kissing out behind a hut. I've never seen anyone move so fast as when that boy moved away from Sakura." The treant chuckles.
    "Ahhhh. So I wasn't your first love," Adir says with a teasing half smile. He arches his eyebrow at her, then Sarget. "What'd you do?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura crosses arms, looking none too pleased with Sarget. "I was just a kid." She protests.

Sarget goes on regardless, however. "I moved closer to them and the boy ran off. I expect he hadn't seen many walking trees. I'm afraid Sakura wasn't very happy with me. She gave me the silent treatment for days afterward."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Bugbear in the Playground

[At the Barbeque]

Cessie glares at the gargoyle with a frown, "I'm trying to teach him not to do that." She says with a shake of her head. "Be ashamed of yourself, you will not act impolite to our friends." She orders the gargoyle who looks down at the ground in shame.

Then there suddenly is a knock on the door, causing the mage's attention to turn from her misbehaving servant to it. "Are we expecting anyone?"

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

At the Barbeque

Kirin looks in the direction of the door, but doesn't say anything. Did Sakura say they were excepting anyone more? No...

"I can hold a child or two so someone can go get that," she offers.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Barbeque]

"Oh, yeah, I'll get that. Thanks Kirin." Sakura hands Laela off to the catgirl, who immediately grabs at her clothing, and heads back into the house. A moment later she will have made her way to the front door and pulls the door open wide.

28. - Top - End - #328

At the Barbeque

"Oh, yeah, old friend of mine. Me and Sakura don't know too much about cooking a proper dinner, and I didn't want one of you volunteering..." He can guess one of them would have, too, but they did bring both the kids along. Perhaps asking Jon to cook was the best idea.

Meanwhile, Sakura is greeted by the sight of a tall, older man, with handsome (if scarred) features and a charming smile. His eyes are a distinctive amber, bright and keen, and he takes in the dryad's appearance in an instant.

"You must be Sakura," Jon says, voice rich and mellow, if a bit gravelly. "You're as pretty as he said. I'm Jon." Though I'm not sure who will remember, as there's been only the occasional mention, Jon was the man who brought Adir into civilization. Taught him how to fight, too, but that's another story. "Still need a cook around here? I smell something."

Under Jon's arm is a paper bag, with some Nexus veggies and long breads poking out haphazardly.

Pre-Gathering

"D'awww. So mean! I suppose I oughta thank you, Sarget. If it hadn't been for you, Sakura might've ended up with some human and all his human kids." Adir sticks his tongue out at the thought in disgust. How preposterous!
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-21 at 10:29 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

Sakura looks puzzled for a moment. Someone named Jon that apparently knows Adir well... Oh! "Jon! You're Jon. Come inside, it's so nice to finally meet you." Sakura smiles broadly and steps aside for him to enter

[Pre-Gathering]

Sarget just chuckles, incurring more glares from Sakura. The dryad whirls to face Adir and tries to poke him in the chest. "Shush, you. It's not that funny." She's quite obviously embarrassed.

30. - Top - End - #330

[Front Door]

Jon steps inside graciously, giving her a respectful nod. He has a little look around before returning his eyes to the hostess. "It's mutual. Adir was... very outspoken, about me making it to the housewarming." He smiles again. "I missed the wedding, after all."

[Pre-Gathering]

"It's pretty friggin funny," Adir says, laughing more when he sees how embarrassed Sakura's getting. "I just can't wrap my head around 'Sakura, the rebel'. Bossing Sarget around, sneaking off to make out with the local boys."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-22 at 01:21 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters