New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

[Bedroom]

"Come on, Laela. Come on." Sakura beckons the baby forward. Laela looks down at her feet then back up at her mom. She takes one wobbly step forward, this time managing to keep herself steady, with Adir's help of course. And then she lifts her other foot and steps forward again! She'll even manage the couple more unsteady steps it takes to get to Sakura.

[Kitchen]

"I know Adir's gonna want to turn Laela into a hunter." She shakes her head with mock disapproval. "What is it with you men and fighting anyway?" She looks between Jon and Adir.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Halfling in the Playground

[Bedroom]

"Wow. Someone learns quick," Adir says. He grins, letting her 'stand' there a moment. "What now, Laela?" He whispers. "Gonna say hi to your mom?"

[Kitchen]

"I'm not sure, ma'am. I'm real good at it," Jon says, flashing a wolfish grin as he dumps a few things into a large pot. He takes some of Adir's crawdads and starts extracting the meat before tossing that in too. "Never been good at much else. Man's gotta make himself useful. On behalf of the gender, I apologize."

Adir just shrugs. "Unlike this loser, I just like hunting. It's in the genes," He grins. "Just like it's in Laela's. She's gonna be good at it. I can feel it."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-11-09 at 05:58 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"I'm sure." It wasn't her business what Laela would be raised as after all. "I just want my children to get a proper education but that doesn't meant they can learn other things as well."She just considerate education more important.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bedroom]

Laela craned her head back to look at her dad, and she would have fallen over if Adir wasn't holding her up. "Ab bah bah bah bah!"

Sakura laughs and gives Laela a little tap on the nose, pulling her attention away from her dad for the moment. "Look at you. You're gonna be walking and talking in no time at all." She babytalks.

[Kitchen]

Sakura gives Jon a grin and says. "I guess I can forgive you." She turns her attention to Adir and shakes her head. "I don't know about you though. You better watch yourself."

5. - Top - End - #455

[Bedroom]

Adir laughs out loud. "Well, she tried." He sweeps the little baby up and gains his feet, smiling. "I wish there was some way I could know when she's gonna say her first word. I don't wanna miss it."

[Kitchen]

"Hey, what'd I do?" Adir asks Sakura, grinning at the dryad. Though Cessie's question sobers him up a bit. "What's considered proper, anyway?"

"Not surprised you don't know," Jon snarks with a smile, attention on his meal.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #456

[Kitchen]

"Proper to me is history, philosophy, science... etc. but I'm from Hestopia so that's what I'm used to." She explains to Adir. "It was what I were taught when I grew up so I consider it pretty basic." Perhaps among the nobles Cessie...

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bedroom]

"I guess you'll just have to be sure to spend a lot of time around her." Sakura says with a nod. "Just be sure I'm there too. I sure don't want to miss it."

[Kitchen]

Sakura puts her chin in her hands. "Me and Adir sure never got an education like that. We were talking before about school for the kids, remember, Adir?" She glances at her husband. "I don't think we decided on anything really."

8. - Top - End - #458

[Bedroom]

"I'll try my best," Adir says, grinning. He leans in to peck Sakura on the head, squishing Laela against her mom's chest for a moment, and glances at the door. "Howsabout some breakfast, lovely one?"

[Kitchen]

"I remember, honey," Adir says, watching Jon's pot start to boil. "I'm still not sure what Laela would really need, though. In all seriousness, we turned out okay."

"Cessie's got the right idea," Jon interjects. "Those are the sorta things my people taught, back on Earth. Not s'much, anymore, but'yer general studies are important."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bedroom]

"You know, I wasn't hungry until you brought it up. But now that I am, some breakfast sounds great." Sakura says. It's almost like her body is making up for the early months of her pregnancy when her appetite was almost nonexistent.

"And you get to watch mommy and daddy eat since you already had breakfast, didn't you?" Sakura babytalks to Laela. The baby giggles and grabs hold of Sakura's flowers while they're still close. Whoops, so much for walking to the kitchen.

10. - Top - End - #460

[Bedroom]

"Whaddya want? Anything, you name it..." Adir says, grinning. Though when he starts to pull back, Laela's still holding Sakura's hair. "Mm, well, soon as we get untangled."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bedroom]

Sakura laughs and works on opening Laela's little fingers. The baby pulls her hands back, taking a couple petals with her. She looks at them for a second before sticking them in her mouth. "You're nothing but trouble, you know that?" Sakura fishes the petals out of Laela's mouth, and then finally they can stand.

"Okay, where were we? Hm, how 'bout we try something new. I bought a cook book the other day, and there's a recipe for french toast in it. You should check it out."

12. - Top - End - #462

[Bedroom]

"Don't listen to your mom, Laela. I nibble on parts of her all the time," Adir grins and starts for the door. "And that sounds good. I like the French."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #463

[Kitchen]

"Yes, I actually think it's rather important to teach my children a bit about the world we live in before they get a chance to experience it on their own. I mean, Laela at least need to learn how to read and write right? Not to mention a bit about how the nexus work if you're planning to raise her here." Not that there is any firm standard how it should work.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Sakura looks thoughtful for a moment. "So what are you and Harnel doing for Cora and Bastion, Cessie?" Sakura asks. Maybe they can do the same thing for laela and an of their other kids.

[Bedroom]

Sakura laughs and gives him a prod in the back. "Just get going, you. You're as much as a troublemaker as she is."

15. - Top - End - #465

[Kitchen]

"Yeah, true. And the basics aside, I guess she should try to learn more than her parents," Adir agrees. He also looks rather curious about what Cessie's doing for her kids, now that she's raising them in the Nexus.

[Bedroom --> Breakfast!]

"Always worth the trouble, though," Adir says, wagging his finger as he heads downstairs. Once in the kitchen, the stag settles Laela in her high-chair. He'll flip through Sakura's new cookbook, then set about cooking french toast for their breakfast.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

[Breakfast!]

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Sakura asks amusedly from her place seated beside Laela. She puts her elbows up on the table and leans her chin into her hands.

17. - Top - End - #467

[Breakfast!]

"I am a master, young lady. You just wait and see," Adir says, though he sounds a little flustered. He bathes the bread in egg, tossing in some cinnamon and sugar and milk, before frying it all up on a stovetop pan. "I find it funny that you buy cookbooks without knowing how to cook." He gives her a sidelong smile. "Was this your plan? Getting me in front of the stove?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #468

[Kitchen]

"I haven't discussed it yet with Harnel, but I actually wanted them to go to an Hestopian school for the basics and then we'll see where we go from there. I'm guessing they could possibly start in a school here within the nexus once they are older." She explains.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Really? How're you gonna do that? Wouldn't it be hard to get them to school?" Sakura asks curiously. It sounds like it'd be a lot of trouble.

[Breakfast!]

Sakura puts her hand over her mouth in mock shock. "I would never even think of that. How do you know I wasn't planning on cooking for you? Can you believe he'd say that, Laela?" She gives the baby a little poke in the stomach, drawing a giggle out of her.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-11-14 at 01:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470

((I think you mixed up those tags, Ghar ))

[Kitchen]

"Aw, you and Harnel aren't gonna leave are you?" Adir surmises, turning from his work by the stove.

Jon stays silent, for now. He doesn't want to interrupt.

[Breakfast!]

"I don't see your butt over here, Missus Frescot," Adir says. He shakes his head, grinning, and turns back to his toast.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

(( I did no such thing. >.> <.<))

[Breakfast!]

Without replying, Sakura gets off her seat and marches over to stand beside Adir. She bumps her hips against him and says, "My butt's over here now." She peers at the food he's been working with. Yep, she has no idea what to do, or even if he could use any help.

22. - Top - End - #472

[Breakfast!]

"Arright, good. Howsabout getting those ready for the pan?" Adir gestures at some of the bread he's been using. "Start with dunking them in the eggs."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

[Breakfast!]

"Okay." Sakura takes a piece of bread and dunks it in as instructed. She manages to make a mess of her fingers while doing so. "Now what? It just goes on the pan next?"

24. - Top - End - #474

[Kitchen]

"Harnel actually introduced me to a kind of instant transportation that exists in his world so it really depends on that. Otherwise we could have the children got a private Hestopian school for a few years. It's really the best way to start off getting them independent." That's how she started out!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Sakura blinks a couple times. "What? Why would you want to do that?" Oh dear, she doesn't seem to like this idea at all.

[Arriving]

At some other timeline separate from the other two scenes, Sakura and Cessie are arriving at the house after their girls night out. As they step inside, Sakura calls. "Adir! I'm home!"

The stag, when he does see her, might be surprised to find her wearing a dress that Cessie couldn't possibly find any way of disapproving of. It goes right down to her ankles, has long, loose sleeves, and covers right up to her neck. It's brown in colour and does little to compliment any aspect of Sakura's figure. In fact, it restrains her breasts quite a bit.

26. - Top - End - #476

[Arriving]

Cessie is right behind Sakura wearing her usual attire of clothes, AKA very conservative, which just happens to be the style that Adir's dear wife is going for as well for some reason. The sorceress looks pretty pleased (or perhaps amused?) of this fact.

27. - Top - End - #477

[Breakfast!]

"Throw some cinnamon and sugar on there first," Adir says, gesturing toward the seperate containers. He can't help but grin while Sakura struggles with goopy fingers.

[Kitchen]

"I dunno, Cessie. Do you really wanna be away from your kids for that long?" Adir asks, glancing at the sorceress. He's happy to hear they're staying in the Nexus, but still...

[Arriving]

"Sakura!" Adir shouts cheerily, bouncing out've the kitchen and favoring the women with a deep bow. He is quite the opposite of their attire - shirtless and shameless, as usual. The stag will jump forward and throw his arms around Sakura to give her a kiss, shortly before retreating for Cessie's sake. He'll try and take the dryad's hands, at least. "You look... positively Hestopian!" A 'suspicious' glance at Cessie follows. "What has she done to you?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

[Breakfast!]

Sakura grabs the containers and does just that. She amkes a bit of a mess of them, but it wouldn't be cooking if she didn't. With that done she pops them on the pan. "There. See? Cooking's not so hard."

[Arriving]

Sakura returns the kiss and doesn't let him get too far away. She smiles up at him. He'd have to try pretty hard to not put a smile on her face.

"That's actually something I need to talk to you about." The dryad adopts a more serious tone and gives his hands a little squeeze. "I'm gonna be wearing clothes like this for now on. I've just realized lately how naked I felt in my old clothes, and I don't want other people looking at my body. That's going to be okay with you, right?" She says the last hopefully.

29. - Top - End - #479

[Arriving]

"Don't look at me, I have nothing to do with this. I'll just let Sakura explain." Cessie tells Adir with a neutral expression.

[Kitchen]

"Nothing is decided yet so I haven't really thought about the details yet. The alternative would be to get a Hestopian teacher to the keep but it's really hard to find someone that could teach such an wide array of subjects that would also be willing to move here. The best alternative is if Harnel could arrange a form of instant transportation, but we'll see." She ensures the other two.

30. - Top - End - #480

[Breakfast!]

"Yeah, see? So now you can do it," Adir says with a smirk, flipping his toast in the pan.

[Kitchen]

"Oh, I'm sure someone can make a permanent portal for ya," Jon says suddenly, glancing around at his assembled company. "You're all rich, right?"

[Arriving]

Adir doesn't look at Cessie, then - he just stares at Sakura, rather perplexed. After a moment, he manages to say, "You're... um... seriously?" He puts forth a sheepish grin and furrows his brow a bit. "I mean, honey, I like looking at your body..." The stag's starting to sound dissapointed.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-11-15 at 02:38 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters