New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

[Breakfast!]

"What? I don't know about that. I'm creating life inside me, remember? I need to take it easy." Sakura nods sagely.

[Kitchen]

"Yeah, someone can definitely do that." Sakura says, though she's still frowning a bit.

[Arriving]

"I know, honey, but I figured you'd understand. It's just something I have to do." She looks expectantly at him.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Arriving]

The sorceress just looks at the two in silence, just nodding slowly as Sakura states it's something she have to do.

[Kitchen]

"The idea is that I rather want them to have an Hestopian education as the nexus in my opinion can be far too chaotic for a child." Especially when your home is invaded by evil fey creatures. "So I would really feel safer if Cora and Bastion went to school there." She explains.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Halfling in the Playground

[Arriving]

"Well, i-if this is what makes you comfortable..." Adir says with a dramatic sigh. The poor guy looks like someone just kicked his puppy. He frowns a little and says, "So what brought this on?"

[Kitchen]

"A portal could still do you some good, Cessie. Just send em' through every day," Jon suggests. "That they're safe in... Hestopia, or wherever, even if you can't keep an eye on em'."

[Breakfast!]

"Hmm. I'm gotta wonder how many times I'll hear that excuse," Adir says, still in good humour. He leans over to kiss her on the side of the head. "Go ahead and sit down, hon. I'll get you some toast."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"I've just been thinking lately. I probably shoulda told you earlier. Didn't mean to catch you by surprise like this." Sakura tries to give him a tight hug.

[Kitchen]

"Yeah, but private school sounds like a terrible idea. That means they'd be gone, like, a lot." Sakura doesn't know all the details, but she knows enough to know she has no idea why Cessie would even consider that.

[Breakfast!]

Sakura giggles and heads over to her seat. "Put some extra syrup on mine!" The dryad wiggles her fingers in front of Laela, who almost immediately grabs them. "You have such a good daddy, Laela." She babytalks.

5. - Top - End - #485

[Kitchen]

"It wouldn't be ideal, no. But at least they would learn to be independent at an early age, making the grow up a bit faster." Mentally of course. "In either case, that's just one of many options and since many seem confident in the portal working, I don't think there be any problems with that." She replies.

[Arriving]

Cessie actually rolls her eyes at the stag when she thinks he isn't looking. Were men really going to be that dramatic about the loss of some revealing clothes? But at least he respected the choice so there really was no doubt in her mind that Adir was a good guy. If not the kind she'd be attracted to.

6. - Top - End - #486

[Arriving]

Cessie's the last thing Adir's worried about right now. This is a tremendous blow to him! Just look at those big sad eyes. "Well I guess I better toss your old wardrobe."

[Kitchen]

Jon nods in agreement, smiling gently.

"I guess I can relate to that," Adir says to Cessie. He doesn't mind how fast his kids grow up, but he'd never want to throw them in a private school. He'll see them little enough after they grow up and leave home, so why start early?

[Breakfast!]

"As the lady requires," Adir says, bathing a couple slices in dark syrup. He serves it to her gracefully before sitting down with his own plate. "I am good, aren't I?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #487

[Arriving]

Oh geez, he knew? She should have realized this earlier with the dramatic sight and all. Guess she really wanted to believe he'd be fooled by their little deception.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"Uh..." Whoops. Sakura bites her lip. "You don't have to do that." Because there's a perfectly good reason he doesn't! She just needs to think of it...

[Kitchen]

Cessie's idea of a benefit of private school makes absolutely no impact on Sakura's opinion of the idea. "Yeah, the portal idea's good." Or at least it'd better be.

[Breakfast!]

"Don't you go getting a big head now. I'll just have to try this french toast first." The dryad puts a piece slathered in syrup in her mouth. She chews it slowly, looking like she's thinking about if very hard. "Hm..."She leans back in her chair, looking contemplative. "I guess you did a pretty good job." She almost reluctantly admits, except for the little grin that appears a moment later.

9. - Top - End - #489

[Kitchen]

"We'll see, a portal could have unfortunate consequences due to the political climate in Hestopia right now but the less I say about the the better. Let's just try to enjoy the rest of this shall we?" The sorceress suggests.

10. - Top - End - #490

[Kitchen]

"What's going on with Hestopia?" Adir asks, raising his eyebrows a bit. His ears flick curiously.

Jon leans over toward Sakura, whispering, "Somebody's gonna have to tell me where that is."
    [Arriving]

Oh, on the contrary, Adir still seems to be quite oblivious. "Oh. Did you wanna do it?" The stag says, starting to get confused. And when he gets confused, he starts asking questions.

[Breakfast!]

"Too easy," Adir says, after wolfing down half his first piece. The stag grins, full-on. "You love my cookin'."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-11-16 at 11:32 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Sakura waits for Cessie's response, but she does take a second to answer Jon's question. "It's the city Cessie grew up in. It's on another world."

[Arriving]

"Uh, yeah. Me and Cessie were gonna take it down to a donation place with an elemental." That sounds plausible, right? Sakura was sure they'd been found out.

[Breakfast!]

"Okay, fine. You didn't really good." Sakura looks away. Hmph! But then she peers at him out of the corner of hr eye. "You did so good, you should definitely do all the cooking. It's decided."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-11-17 at 01:29 AM.

12. - Top - End - #492

[Arriving]

"Oh. Right. All those skimpy clothes for the homeless kids," Adir says, managing a little laugh. "Well, lets get it done together then. 'Fore I change my mind." The stag starts for the stairs, shoving his hands in his pockets dejectedly. "I'll get you there in the truck."

[Breakfast!]

"Is it now?" Adir says, laughing like a fool. His fork plinks against his plate. "Here I thought it was so easy."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #493

[Arriving]

"I think Sakura likes to keep some of her clothes in case she change her mind. She's just trying her new style out after all." Cessie says.

[Kitchen]

"I rather not discuss politics here Adir, but sufficient to say some people would like to shut down the rift between my world and the nexus." She replies.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-17 at 04:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

[Breakfast!]

"I guess you just have a talent that I don't have." Sakura said with a wistful sigh. "And we can't let that talent go to waste."

[Arriving]

Okay, Sakura figures that's enough. She starts laughing rather hard. She's been holding that back practically since they walked in the door.

15. - Top - End - #495

[Arriving]

"Aha!" Adir spins and points his finger at the pair of them. He'd begun to wonder. "I knew it! Gods, you two are terrible."

[Breakfast!]

"Oh, Adir, cooking's not so hard," Adir says, in a rather silly version of Sakura's voice. "Exact words, pretty lady."

[Kitchen]

"Oh. Now I get it," Jon says with a smile, straightening back up and glancing at the sorceress.

"Awww. C'mon. Now you just gotta tell us why," Adir says, ever curious. "Did we make that bad an impression at the wedding?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #496

[Arriving]

Cessie starts laughing pretty hard as well, glad that Adir didn't figure it out instantly like Harnel did.

[Kitchen]

"Um, no, not really." Thought that might have been a tiny part of it. "Some council members are worried what common knowledge of the nexus could cause to Hestopia. Would people want to move here? What happens if you start to introduce technology from the nexus in my world? That sort of thing. I honestly doubt they would give it up completely though." The Hestopian empire could last for many more years thanks to the technological edge the nexus could give them...

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

It takes Sakura a bit of effort to stop laughing, especially after Adir's latest reaction. "I didn't think that would actually work. The look on your face was perfect." She giggles a bit more, but does manage to mostly compose herself.

[Breakfast!]

Sakura sticks out her tongue at him, and then eats another bite of french toast. It was good after all. "Fine, we're going back to the pregnancy excuse again." That'll show him.

[Kitchen]

"You'd think at least someone would want some of the stuff they can find here. There's so many useful things." Sakura says. It doesn't really occur to her that there's just as many dangerous things.

18. - Top - End - #498

[Arriving]

"You had me pretty good, right up until the end there," Adir says, walking back over and grinning like a buffoon. "Now please, for the love of god, get out've that dress. It's gonna give me nightmares, after tonight." He visibly shudders, tone heavy on the melodrama.

[Breakfast!]

"I don't see anything wrong with your hands," Adir says, right before shovelling some more toast into his mouth. At least he remembered to use a napkin.

[Kitchen]

"Joking, Cessie," Adir says, grinning while he tosses some bell peppers in Jon's pot. The old soldier, meanwhile, sets about sprinkling his gumbo with various spices, and adds a little something to thicken the dish.

"Well, if they want modern technology, I say give it to em'."

"Provided things like that will still work, in your reality," Jon interjects, stirring his dinner.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #499

[Kitchen]

Oh a joke, right. <.< "I'm not sure many want just that due to the effects it could have, but enough about Hestopia. I talk about it all the time with my brother. What are you going to name the child for example? I don't believe you've told me." Or they did and Cessie's player simply don't remember it.

[Arriving]

Cessie can't help but to laugh at Adir's second comment as well. "So I'm giving you nightmares am I Adir?" Cessie asks with a smile.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"I don't know, Adir. Cessie might not appreciate if I take it off with her standing right there." Sakura bursts into another fit of giggles. It's going to take her forever to stop laughing at this rate.

[Breakfast!]

"But what about my feet? My poor aching feet. I can't be standing up to make it for so long." She says overly dramatically. There is some truth to it, though. No doubt Adir's been on foot rub duty already.

[Kitchen]

"We don't really know yet. I know we both have some ideas, but I think we'll be going to the hospital to get an ultrasound before we decide for sure. It's easier when you know if you're naming a boy or a girl." Sakura glances over at Adir. "What was that one name you said before that I liked? It was a boy's name that started with a C."

21. - Top - End - #501

[Arriving]

"Can't blame me, Cessie. You can be awful scary," Adir says, grinning at the sorceress. Hopefully she understands that he's joking this time. "As evidenced by this little plot."

The young buck turns to Sakura next, crossing his thick arms and flashing his teeth. "Eh. I'll help you out've it later." His eyes flick toward Cessie, and his smile turns family friendly again. "You want a drink or anything, Cessie?"

[Kitchen]

"Cernunnos. Means 'the horned god'," Adir explains, glancing from wife to friend and back again. "Sounds neat, I thought. If it's a girl, well, we'll just have to see."

[Breakfast!]

"Yeah, true," Adir says with a laugh. "I rub those enough already."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-11-18 at 03:59 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #502

[Arriving]

"You're really scared of me Adir?" The sorceress asks with a amused look. "And sure, I could have a drink while we tell you what happened when we tried to pull a similar joke with my dear husband."

[Kitchen]

"Maybe you can ask Harnel, he's pretty good at names." The sorceress suggests. "Aren't you afraid Cernunnos is too long though?"

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"Yes, it will be such an exciting story." Sakura says with a touch of amused sarcasm. "We have some more chocolate milk, right?"

[Kitchen]

"I think we'd just call him Cern for short. It still sounds nice, and then there's no problem with the fancy long name." Sakura replies.

[Breakfast!]

"Ah ha! Victory!" Sakura takes Laela's arms and makes her do what is clearly a victory dance. The baby is confused by this, but is happy to grin and go along with it.

24. - Top - End - #504

[Arriving]

"Oh, this oughta be good," Adir says, gesturing for the women to follow as he walks through the dining room and into the kitchen.

"You're in luck, Sakura. I went and got s'more while you were out." The stag pulls open their 'fridge and retrieves a glass bottle of chocolate milk. "Whaddya say, Cessie? Chocolate milk, or..." He grabs a bottle of dark wine from a shelf above his head. "The big girl stuff?"

[Kitchen]

"Cern Frescot. Yeah, I could dig that," Adir agrees. "So was it Harnel who came up with the twin's names, Cessie? Or just Bastion?" That seems like something Harnel would name his kid.

[Breakfast!]

"Try not to take too much after your mom, Laela." He leans closer and whispers conspiratorially, "She's crazy. And a total bum, I swear."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #505

[Arriving]

"You don't think I'm going to start drinking now after a life-time of absence do you?" Cessie asks with a smile as she takes her seat. "Besides, the only time I accidentally drank it, I got tipsy really easy so I probably should watch it."

[Kitchen]

"He came up with Bastion and I came up with Cora actually. I personally though Bastion was a bit pompous when we started calling him it, but I have grown to really like it." She explains.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"The big girls stuff?" Sakura asks as she opens her bottle of milk. "What are you trying to say, Adir?" She arches an eyebrow at him.

[Kitchen]

"They're both awesome names." Sakura says with a nod. "I've never heard a name like Bastion before that, though. Do you know how Harnel thought of it?"

[Breakfast!]

Laela peers intently at her dad. Clearly she's listening intently to his wisdom.

"Don't go trying to turn her against me now. Laela knows that mommy knows best." Sakura says.

27. - Top - End - #507

[Arriving]

"Worth a shot, right?" Adir asks, even while he grabs another bottle of milk for Cessie. The stag pours himself some wine, at least, and leans on the counter with a gleam in his eye. "And I just meant, y'know, adult drinks." He takes a sip or two. "So what was this about Harnel and clothes? I thought you already wore boring stuff like this Cessie." Joking, joking. Probably.

[Kitchen]

"Scary name, that. Hey Sakura, can we name one of our boys something scary?" Adir asks, leaning around Jon. The older fellow chuckles a little.

[Breakfast!]

"Don't listen Laela! She'll put you in goofy girl clothes and make you eat vegetables!" He makes it sound like a nightmare.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #508

[Arriving]

"Boring you say?" The sorceress asks as she puts her slender fingers around the cup. "That depends on who you ask Adir." She takes a sip of milk. "In Hestopia no one would have dared to look at Sakura in her usual clothes. She would have been seen as quite vulgar. Not as sexy. No, if you wanted to catch a boy in Hestopia you would want clothes that were slightly tight across the chest and the rear, just enough to make the viewer's imagination do most of the work for you. Even making you look more curvy as a result." Cessie leans back in her chair as she talks with an amused smile spreading across her face as she talks.

She finishes her tale with another sip of milk, suddenly averting her eyes from Adir and Sakura as. "I've known some experts on the subject."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-19 at 04:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Sakura giggles at Cessie's description. "Oh, you know some experts." She gives Cessie a conspiratorial wink. "It's a good thing I've got Adir then. He's all about the vulgar clothes."

[Breakfast!]

"Such a bad influence." Sakura scolds. Adir should be ashamed. "Vegetables will make her grown big and strong. And of course she's going to have all kinds of pretty dresses." She nods sagely.

Adir's dramatics seem to be winning him most of Laela's attention, however. She's looking at him with a big toothless grin. She reaches out to him, her little hands opening and closing.

30. - Top - End - #510

[Arriving]

Adir's brows rise at the end of that little story. It's clear that he's got some new respect for Cessie's subtle charms. "Dayum, Cessie, I'm impressed. Never even though of it like that. A girl like you would drive my brothers crazy." The stag sips at his wine and grins. "Not me, though. Imagination's never been my strong suit."

He glances at Sakura. "Even if some clothes are fun."

[Breakfast!]

Adir reaches out to take Laela's hands, sticking his tongue out at Sakura. "Mneh. Protein's good for your muscles."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters