New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

[Another time, the same place]

Well then, the woman will wander around in the house until she finds a bed or a coach which she then will collapse down into. "Man, being human is hard!"

2. - Top - End - #572
    Halfling in the Playground

Arriving

Oh Sakura, you think he was wearing anything under those pants? The stag tries to toss his discarded trousers over Cessie's head, then crouches to grab the dress. He slips his feet in, drawing it up over his legs. Even in extra large, the outfit's skinny waist gives him some trouble.

"This is really dumb," Adir says, somewhere between amused and extremely awkward.

[Another Time, Same Place]

Well, there's always the living room couch, or the lavish bed in the master bedroom. In either case, a certain stag seems to take notice. His ears flick inquisitively. "Sakura? Is that you in there?"

[Dining Room]

"Let's wait a bit for that, Sakura. Our guests are mostly prudes, remember?" The stag says, all in good humour.

"Oh, I certainly don't mind," Jon says, eating casually and rolling his eyes.

"Shuddup you old perv."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-12-31 at 05:45 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #573

"Oh hey." Libra calls out from the coach. "I'm gonna stay here so could you like go to another room or something? I'm trying to get some rest. You have no idea how exhausting living is."

Arriving

Cessie had her suspicions. Slowly turning around once she's sure that Adir is properly dressed she smiles slightly, but not as much as she would have had if she hadn't been exposed to the stag's nakedness first. "I have seen a great deal of stupid things in my days Adir, this is far from the stupidest of them."

[Dining Room]

The sorceress clears her throat loudly, these people were terrible. "If Laela is hungry Harnel and I brought some formula with us. It's more then enough for her and the twins."

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Room]

Sakura giggles at Jon. "If I didn't know Adir before he met you, I'd accuse you of being a bad influence on him." She looks at Cessie again. "I guess that'd be okay. Usually we keep a little bit around, but I don't think any's made up now."

[Arriving]

Sakura laughs so hard at Adir they'd almost think she was having trouble breathing. "Oh Adir, you look hilarious." Poor guy can't catch a break. "Lemme get my camera." Not even one.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Room]

"Just a moment then," Harnel says, reaching into the bag full of baby stuff he definitely brought in with him >.>

There's an extra bottle for both Cora and Bastion, so there's definitely enough here for Laela. Harnel is of the opinion that too much is better than having too little, especially when it comes to his kids.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #576

"Libra?" Adir says, both surprised and pleased to see her. The stag doesn't seem offended about her entering unannounced. "I thought I smelled someone different. How ya been?" He leans over the top of the couch, grinning down at her. "Look, if you wanna take a nap on our couch, be my guest. You paid for it. But I gotta ask why..."

[Arriving]

Yeah, well, I think Cessie can live with a little embarassment in this case. The earlier upset (and apology) aside. "Gods, Cessie, never tell me the stupidest," He grimaces, watching Sakura run off to grab a camera. It's hard for him not to be happy, seeing her laugh so much, but it's usually directed at his jokes. Not at him. "She, uh, she really gets a kick out've this doesn't she?"

[Dining Room]

"Here, I've got it," Adir says, standing to take the formula from Harnel if he'll permit it. The stag will go and get it warm for the children, then bring it over to Laela.

A certain tiny faechild will suddenly find herself tucked in the crook of her father's arm. A plastic nipple is gently placed at her lips. "There you go, sweetie." Harnel and Cessie haven't gotten to see Adir in this capacity too much. He looks... competent.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-01-02 at 09:04 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #577

[Dining Room]

The sorceress wouldn't call it a plastic nipple, but never the less she nods in approval at Adir. At least he was doing his part. "We're getting them used to formula." She explains. "It works best that way."

[Arriving]

"Sakura have always enjoyed these sort of things. Just like you." Cessie says, smiling. "I guess she finds it funny that you allow your masculinity to be subverted. But please, don't make me try to analyze humor. It's horrible." She chuckles.

"Since I need a place to live now and I'm tired. People are so rude to me all the time and keeps calling me things. It's just not fair." She replies with a shake of her head. "Talking about fair, I think I'm hungry too. Make me some food."

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Room]

Sakura shakes her head at Cessie's silliness. At least, in her opinion. But she knows her friend's feelings on the matter anyway.

Laela, meanwhile, is perfectly happy to exchange Cessie's finger for the bottle. She suckles hungrily. She for one doesn't care about the difference between breast feeding and bottle feeding.

[Arriving]

Sakrua returns soon after, camera in hand. "Smile!" She snaps pictures rapidly, and will move to get him at different angles.

9. - Top - End - #579

"Well with that attitude I'm not surprised," Adir says, laughing. "Is this how you've been asking people for things all day, Libra? How'd you get human, anyway?"

[Arriving]

"Hey, I'm not subverting my... wait..." Well, duh, Adir. Whatever manly standards this society might have, you're certainly not meeting them. "Damnit..." He swears, suddenly bashful. That may not've been the right thing to say, Cessie, but you shouldn't feel too bad.

Then, suddenly, camera! Adir does anything but smile, and almost tries to hide from the flashing light. "Geeze, Sakura, don't take so many!"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-01-02 at 10:09 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Room]

"Dragon Blood makes for sharp teeth, you understand,"
    Harnel says. And really, given his preferences, he'd rather they remain undamaged

11. - Top - End - #581

Another time, the same place

"Harnel and Wenomir murdered me and buried me outside watchkeep or whatever you call it." Libra explains with a nonchalant gesture. "That was really rude of them." She declares.

((Don't Harnel have teeth as well Harnel?=P))

Dinner

Cessie shakes her head, "That's not the reason I bottle feed dear. I'm just not comfortable with it." Very indecent. *nodnod* "In any case, the food is exquisite, simple, but well made." Change subjects, go!

Arriving

The soceress can just chuckle at the scene, shaking her head at Adir, not even Harnel had reacted like that.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-06 at 08:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"Aw, but how else am I supposed to preserve this memory?" The dryad giggles and steps close to him. "This doesn't bother you that much, does it?" She asks, her tone genuine.

13. - Top - End - #583

[Dining Room]

Change of subjects is successful! Thank the gods for that one, Cessie. Adir was about to mention something along the lines of that OOC text.

"Thank you, Missus Mithar. I haven't made chow for decent folks in a very long time. Good to hear I've still got it," Jon says, and the words are accompanied by a grin.

The stag, meanwhile, falls quiet, making silly faces at Laela while she drains her bottle.

"Whoah whoah whoah, what the ****?" Adir cusses, eyes widening a fair degree. He doesn't normally swear like this, especially with young ears around the house. "How? Why? And what're you still doing here if you're dead?"

[Arriving]

"Yeah! Kinda! I mean, I dunno..." The buck sighs, conflicted. He scratches the back of his head awkwardly, eyes flicking toward the ceiling. "It shouldn't matter, right? Clothes are stupid, anyway..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #584

Libra gets up in a sitting position, arms crossed over her chest as she nods in agreement. "Mm, thankfully I got better but I still lost all my abilities. I don't even know why they decided to kill me. I met up with Harnel and Wenomir at Watch but while I was talking to one of them the other sneaked up behind me and attacked. I didn't even have a chance to defend myself." She explains. "It was horrible Adir and now I'm stuck like this." The former oni sigh. "Just not fair."

[Arriving]

"You know I disagree with you there Adir. Besides, it isn't that bad is it? I have used male clothes and that wasn't so bad." With that she of course means jeans.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-07 at 08:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Sakura giggles just a little bit and gets up on her tiptoes to kiss hi chin. "Just one more picture then, kay?" The dryad looks over her shoulder at Cessie and holds out the camera for her to take. "Take a picture of me and my lovely husband, will you, Cessie?"

[Dining Room]

And Sakura was going to point out that Cora and Bastion don't have teeth! Oh well. Instead she looks rather engrossed in watching Adir and Laela. She does look away long enough to give Jon a big smile. "You can feel free to practice on us anytime you like." She wouldn't mind meals that good every so often.

Laela, meanwhile, is having a hard time focusing on her bottle. Not when she's stopping to giggle at Daddy's silly faces every so often. She doesn't seem to mind, though. It'll just take her a while longer to finish drinking.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dining Room]

Yes, Harnel he teeth. He also knows how to not bite

"I have to agree. I'm a fair chef, but this better than what I can whip up."

17. - Top - End - #587

[Arriving]

"But Cessie, that's... y'know that's really not all that different," Adir says, frowning. Or at least it shouldn't be. He shakes his head and grins, pleasantly defeated. "Y'know what? Take as many pictures as you want. Just, uh, hit that little button on the top." The stag throws his arms around Sakura and bends down to smoosh her cheek with a kiss. That should make for a good picture.

[Dining Room]

"I'll treat you all again sometime, then," Jon says, pleased. His low, gravelly voice turns a bit wry."Maybe give you a few lessons while I'm at it. I'm sure the ladyfolk here would appreciate it."

Adir lifts Laela's forehead to give it a smooch, still holding the bottle up so she can finish. The stag could just look at her for hours. He's still standing off to the side a bit, much too distracted by Laela to interject.

"Libra, this is crazy. What were you talking about?" The stag asks, perplexed. Could someone else have snuck up on Libra, clocked her out before Wenomir and Harnel could stop them, then escaped? It was possible... "Look, I think I need to ask Harnel some questions."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #588

[Arriving]

"I have never actually handled one of these contraptions before so don't expect much of me." The sorceress replies as she accepts the camera. She will then attempt to take a few pictures of the two. Don't expect much quality though. But at least she seem to enjoy taking the photos.

[Dining Room]

"I can cook some very basic food, but that's it. I have barely been in the kitchen since we moved into the keep honestly." Cessie admits.

"Yeah and if you do, ask him why he decided to kill me. I very much would like to know that. I can't go close to him though, I had to make a deal with Ilpholin to even get back a bit of my powers and I promised her I wouldn't go close to Harnel or his stupid family." Libra replies, frowning deeply.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"Just make sure you hold it still." Sakura advises. If she can do that much, she can take pictures as good as Sakura. For next few pictures after the first, Sakura gives Adir a proper kiss on the lips and indulges in a few other silly poses.

With that done, the dryad disengages from Adir and takes the camera back. "These are awesome." She giggles as she looks through the pictures. "Okay, wanna see the pictures of Harnel now?" She asks her husband.

[Dining Room]

"You're not making Kirin do all your cooking, are you?" Sakura asks, shaking her head. Shame on them, overworking poor Kirin. Never mind that Harnel just mentioned cooking himself. And that she doesn't exactly do much herself. <.<

Laela lets go of the bottle once she's drank her fill and settles into her dad's arms. She looks up at him with a big, toothless smile.

20. - Top - End - #590

[Arriving]

"What do you think, honey?" Adir says, giving his wife an exaggerated look and looming over her to get a look at the camera. His hands settle on her shoulders someplace, gravitating there naturally.

This just keeps getting weirder. Adir sighs, glancing around to look for his car keys. "Okay, fine. Should I go? Are you gonna be okay?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #591

[Arriving]

Cessie takes another shot but then holds down the camera, shaking her head. "Perhaps you two like to be left alone now?" She suggests with a smile.

"As long as I get some rest and food... probably." Libra admits. "Just don't trust him, I did and look what happened to me." She gestures towards herself.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently Adir forgot Harnel has a cellphone.

[Arriving]

"You gotta see what Adir thinks of the pictures first, Cessie." The dryad says with a silly grin. She sets the camera to look at the pictures stored in it, cycling through the pictures until she gets to the pictures of Harnel.

Adir will see the half dragon looks rather grumpy in his low cut, black dress. About half way through them, he has ended up with bows in his hair, and one at the end of his tail. It'd be hard to tell by his expression how they managed to get him to agree with this. The pictures end end with Cessie posing with him, who happens to be wearing a similarly black, low cut dress that fits a lot more tightly than anything Adir's seen her wear.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dining Room]

"I can cook some very basic food, but that's it. I have barely been in the kitchen since we moved into the keep honestly." Cessie admits.
    [Dining Room]

Harnel is quiet, feeding Cora and Bastion some formula to keep them happy and fed.

24. - Top - End - #594

[Arriving]

The stag manages to restrain himself to a quick chuckle when Harnel first appears. Then, as the half-dragon slowly becomes girlier and grumpier, Adir throws back his head and laughs. "Do..." He has trouble saying it through another giggle. "Do I bore you, honey? Is that why you resort to things like this?"

Actually, even I wasn't aware of that. Didn't seem to fit, given their mostly medieval disposition. Adir, presumably, knows of such a phone. He shakes his head. "Y'know, I'll just call him. This shouldn't take more than a minute." He waks out to the kitchen and grabs the home phone to give his friend a call.

[Dinner]

"Gee, we could sure use someone like Kirin around here," Adir interjects, only glancing at the group long enough to smile before his attention is drawn back to Laela. He wiggles his fingers up and down the baby's feet.

Sakura should know how he feels on the subject of a caretaker.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #595

[Dinner]

"Well, I have my research and Harnel have his smiting, plus there are twins. We simply need an extra caretaker to keep it clean in the house and Kirin is very good at her job. Otherwise we would need at least two." Cessie explains.

[Arriving]

Cessie looks amused at Adir, they both came up with silly schemes like this, she very much doubted either of them bored each other. Waaait... hadn't she dressed inappropriately for those pictures?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-14 at 08:09 AM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

Laela squirms and kicks her feet, giggling all the while. She only stops to babble some nonsense excitedly.

Sakura grins at them. "I guess we'll just have to steal Kirin away from them. What are you two paying her? We'll double it." She jokes.

[Arriving]

"Oh, of course not, honey. Harnel is just so eager to try out girly things, I had to help him with that." Sakura looks at Cessie and gives her a sly wink, and there's when she notices her expression. "Something wrong, Cessie?"

27. - Top - End - #597

[Arriving]

"Hey, hold up a sec Sakura," Adir says, having just noticed Cessie standing in the next picture. He peers closer, and his eyes widen just a little. The stag whistles wolfishly. "Damn. I guess Harnel didn't mind so much, if it got you into that."

[Dinner]

"If she can clean a castle, I doubt she'd have much trouble with our place," Adir says, smiling peacefully and putting his free hand under Laela's feet. "Which reminds me... I haven't gotten to see Mithar Keep yet. Maybe I oughta visit sometime."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

It'll be a couple rings before Harnel picks up the phone, "Hello?"

[Dinner]

Harnel doesn't contribute; he's not one much for contributing to banter, you know? Poissibly because his player sucks at it. He can be skipped until further notice.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-14 at 01:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #599

"Hey, Harnel, it's me," Adir says by way of greeting. He sounds awkward, rather tense. "Have you, uh, seen Libra lately?" Best to start mild.

((Also, Harnel-the-player, I could use a couple posts from you in Elexxion and Home. I know you haven't been around much, so don't worry if you don't have time ))

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #600

[Arriving]

The sorceress looks rather awkward as Adir whistles, not really sure what to say. Perhaps it was best to pretend she didn't care? Would that make them tease her less? She just tries to wave it away with her hand. "It was just a part of the joke." She explains.

[Dinner]

"That's true, I haven't actually thought about it before but you should really come home to us one of these days. Harnel can show you the forge." She looks at the half-dragon. "Isn't that right dear?"