New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

[Dinner]

Harnel nods, "I can show you the forge any time you want to drop by. It's a bit different than some forges because it's built for adamantine, but on the whole it's very close to normal."

[Another Time, Same Place]

Harnel pauses for a moment, "No, why? She didn't find some way to come back, did she?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Halfling in the Playground

"Wait, what? You actually killed her?" Adir sounds shocked. "She's at my house right now, Harnel. Human, apparently. What in the hell did you do that for?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Sakura gives Adir an elbow in the ribs. "I'm gonna have to take that away if you're gonna be ogling Cessie." She threatens. "But see, Cessie? Told ya you look sexy in that dress." Sakura says, completely honest, though she knows well enough that it wasn't going to change her opinion.

[Dinner]

"I can't believe you actually haven't been there yet, Adir. It's really nice." Sakura says.

"Oh yeah. We never told you guys that we're gonna be headed to our world for our anniversary. We were wondering if you'd take care of Laela when that comes up." She looks at Adir again. "Oh, and tell them about that idea you had."

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

"Adir, what would you do if someone threatened your unborn children?" Yeah, Harnel doesn't sound happy.

5. - Top - End - #605

There's a pause. "I'd... probably shoot them on the spot," Adir admits, rubbing his eyes and sighing into the phone. The stag lowers his voice. "Look, Harnel, what'd she say? You know how weird Libra is. Are you sure there wasn't some kind of misunderstanding?"

[Arriving]

Adir laughs, despite the elbow prodding him in the chest. "Oh, what, c'mon! She looks good." The stag manages a respectful nod. "I mean that in a, y'know, platonic way. No teasing."

[Dinner]

"You oughta teach me sometime, Harnel," Adir suggests, smiling at his friends. He seems to remember what Sakura's talking about and continues, "Uh, yeah. Speaking of our world. I thought you guys might wanna come visit it sometime, see what things are like on the wild side."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #606
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Arriving]

The mage coughs, "Well, I'm glad Adir appreciates it." She replies half-jokingly even if she is still feeling a bit uncomfortable over all this.

[Dinner]

The sorceress raises an eyebrow. "Your world?" She hadn't heard much about Sakura's and Adir's world beyond the fact is was largely uncivilized and inhabited by a great deal of fey. Not exactly her dream world, but rejecting such an offer would just be silly, she knew nearly nothing about this place and they had visited her home after all. "Of course, you visited Hestopia at our wedding after all. I'd be interested to see your home Adir." Cessie replies with a smile.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"Look at that. I think Adir is even being serious." Shock and awe. Sakura does a good job of looking shocked. That's the first time she's ever seen him serious! Clearly.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

[Same Place, Another Time]

"There wasn't any doubt, Adir, I can tell you that. Go ahead and ask her yourself. I doubt she'd know enough to lie about it," Harnel says over the phone

[Dinner]

"Does that mean everybody's going without clothes?" He grins, looking at Cessie in particular, "I'd be all for it either way."

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

Sakura laughs out loud at that. "You know, Harnel, not everyone always runs around completely naked there." Just many most of the time. She doesn't want to scare Cessie off, though.

10. - Top - End - #610

[Arriving]

Yep, usually Adir's only serious when he's alone with Sakura or when he's shooting at people. Though he has been toning it down a bit around Watchtower lately... "You gotta remember, Cessie, wearing a dress at all is pretty modest for Frescots." He does an awful curtsy and gives them a stupid grin. "I should know."

Adir lowers the phone from his ear a moment, heading back into the living room. Provided Libra's still there, he'll ask very simply "Did you threaten to hurt Harnel's future-kids, Libra?"

[Dinner]

"Yeah, and lots of em' turn into animals. But if you guys wanna do as the fair folk do, we won't object," The stag gives them his finest smile. "Might help you blend in so my brothers won't pester you so much."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #611

Libra scratches her head, "Uh, nope, can't remember doing that." She replies. Libra isn't lying actually, she just didn't pay that much mind threatening Harnel with killing his unborns.

[Arriving]

"I can only hope your children get more sense then you two." Cessie replies with a smile. "I should give them all some Hestopian robes and dresses once they're of age." She muses.

[Dinner]

The sorceress crosses her arms over her chest and shakes her head. "How did I get involved with this group anyway? You people are terrible." She can't hide her amusement though, even if she's quite firm on not taking anything off.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-17 at 05:35 AM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Sakura bursts out laughing at Adir's antics. Oh dear, how does his ridiculous get her every time like that. It takes her a moment to sober enough to reply to Cessie. "Hear that, Adir? She's gonna try and corrupt our children."

[Dinner]

"Oh Cessie. It's cuz you like us, silly." The dryad giggles. "And don't worry about Adir's brothers. They'd p[robably bother you more if you weren't wearing clothes. They're kinda like Adir, just worse." She glances at her husband. "And far less handsome, of course."

13. - Top - End - #613

"She says she doesn't remember," Adir says, talking into the phone again. "Look, Harnel, this is getting silly."

[Arriving]

"I think they're in some serious danger here," Adir puts his hands on his hips and nods gravely, sticking his chin out. He's stepped between Cessie and Sakura. "I'm afraid I can't let you dress my kids, Cessie. They'd just be too... normal."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #614

[Arriving]

"Hey now, I said I'd give it to them, not force them to wear it. Unless you think my clothes will be better then anything you give them?" She replies in a amused tone, raising an eyebrow mockingly.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"See? She's a very subtle manipulator. We can't trust her." Sakura nods sagely. "We won't fall for your tricks!" The dryad tries very hard to bite back her laughter, with limited success.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-17 at 08:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #616

[Arriving]

Adir laughs, unable to keep a straight face any longer. "Sorry, Cessie," He says, still chuckling a bit. "Reverse psychology won't work. We're just too smart for that."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #617

[Arriving]

Cessie shakes her head. "I'm afraid by the time I give them the clothes, they will be out of your hands."

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Sakura giggles. "Oh don't worry, Cessie, you'll get your chance to corrupt them. I doubt there'll be a problem from us if they really want to wear it." The dryad gets a mischievous look. "Maybe we'll just have to corrupt your kids too." Oh she's devious.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

Harnel grins, "I don't know, Cessie, I think I could go naked for a few while. I'm sure you'd appreciate that."

"Look Adir, you know me. Would I have done something like that without a damn good reason?"

20. - Top - End - #620

[Dinner]

Adir nods soberly at his wife, keeping a good straight face this time. "It's true. They're all jealous of me." His 'serious' expression falters when Harnel chimes in. His eyebrows rise, and he grins. "Oh-ho-ho, see Cessie? Everybody's doing it. What's that phrase, Jon? When in Rome..."

"Do as the Romans do," Jon says in a respectful tone, trying to hide his smile.

"No, man, no. I'm not calling you a liar here. I just don't know what to do with her," Adir says. He would never accuse Harnel of killing someone so rashly.

[Arriving]

"Oooh, yeah. Y'know, when Cora gets old enough, I bet we have some of Sakura's old clothes that would fit her..." Adir gives the dryad a conspiritorial wink.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #621

[Dinner]

"I'd appreciate you clothed when in the presence of other dear." Cessie is quick to tell her husband. "Besides, you look very handsome in clothes. So while I might try to respect other cultures, I prefer keeping my clothes where they are Adir. No offense to your brothers of course, I'm sure they can live without seeing me and my husband naked. Don't you think so dear?" She asks the half-dragon.

[Arriving]

The mage sigh, "I'm afraid that she have 'corrupted' herself by that time considering what kind of clothes they wear around here." She worried about this constantly.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

Sakura starts laughing again with a little snort. She wasn't expecting Harnel to join in on that. "Oh they'll live, sure. Just get Harnel to drive them off if they get to be too much trouble."

[Arriving]

"Oh, come on, Cessie. Even you have to admit there's plenty of clothing around that even you could tolerate. It's not like everyone's walking around half naked. Besides, it'll be a long time until you're not picking out their clothes for them anyway." Sakura says.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

"I dunno," Harnel says, rubbing his chin, "Might be nice. Or at least to try out some local styles."

"As far as it goes? As long as she leaves my family alone, I'm fine with her being around. She's helped both of us in the past; I'm not about to fly off the handle just because she returned from the dead. Just... keep an eye on her, alright?"

24. - Top - End - #624

[Dinner]

"We do have an, uh, interesting fashion sense," Adir says. Mostly the Frescot women, but sometimes they take to dressing the men up too. Probably something they learned from the primitive humans scattered around that world. "And trust me, Cessie, there's enough other naked people around that my brothers will get bored with you two quickly."

"You got it. Look, I'm gonna let you go. I bother her more and, y'know, feed her. Apparently she eats now," Adir says, glancing out've the kitchen doorway again.

[Arriving]

"I did see some naked people walking around, just the other day," Adir admits, rubbing at his chin. He's got to wonder how a child raised in the Nexus will turn out, with all these cultures and ideals swirling around them. "I wouldn't plan too far ahead for anything, Cessie."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-01-19 at 04:41 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #625

[Dinner]

The mage rolls her eyes, "I'm not taking fashion advice from you people. I'd prefer to be clothed thank you very much." She replies, giving Harnel's shoulder a playful punch.

[Arriving]

"Well, I intend to teach them of their own culture before anything else. But I guess I'm thinking too far ahead. Let kids be kids and so on." Cessie replies.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-19 at 04:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

"You might want to try wearing those pants you have, though. Just cuz your dresses and stuff might get caught on branches and things like that." Sakura suggests. Of course, she just realizes she forgot something. "But I guess you already know all about that."

[Arriving]

"Yeah. You don't really need to worry that much about it. You and Harnel are great parents and you'll know how to raise them right." Sakura says with utter confidence.

27. - Top - End - #627

[Arriving]

"You can never think too far ahead, trust me. Just... don't worry," Adir grins. "What is there to worry about?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #628

[Arriving]

"You really think so? Because honestly I have never really seen myself much of a parent. Not anything like you two." Then again, what else would they say? They were her friends after all.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Sakura grins at being called a good parent. That's always nice to hear. "Of course. I don't doubt it for a minute." She's said similar before, but Cessie could use to hear it again.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

A playful punch is delivered to Harnel, to his laughter, "We can pick up some sturdy clothing if you like, before we leave. I don't have many outfits that won't tear." He scratches his chin, "You know, I could stand to pick up some flame retardant ones too. A lot of my clothes have been burned off in the past."

"Right. I'll see you another time, Adir. Stay safe." A but of an odd farewell for Harnel, but given the subject of what they'd just spoken of, he'd felt it prudent to say.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-20 at 07:43 PM.