New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

[Arriving]

"Y'know, if you have such a high opinion of us, you can always just ask for help," Adir says, giving Cessie a gentle pat on the shoulder. "We're here, if you ever need advice. Or just, y'know, a break."

[Dinner]

"You don't have outfits that resist tearing and burning," Adir looks at him skeptically, as though he were a very silly person. He grins. "Do we have to start dressing you, Harnel?"

[Another Time, Same Place]

"You got it," Adir says sincerely. He hangs up the phone again and sets about making Libra a sandwich. This'll be brought to her in short order.

"Well that was an interesting conversation," he says, offering the goddess a PB&J.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Arriving]

"It's okay Adir. We got Kirin and Garn, they're helping. It really isn't that bad it's just... well, it's just the first time and they're twins." Cessie explains. "I'm guessing I'm just getting worried for no reason."

[Dinner]

The sorceress rolls her eyes. "I can protect my own and my husbands clothes very well if it's needed for your information Adir. Besides, I always bring extra clothes, I try a new dress every day, remember?" She grins.

[Another time & The same place]

"Well that was stupid, I can't even come close to him or his family." Libra shakes her head. "Oh! Oh! I can still grant wishes though, but they must come from good hearten people. You're one of those right?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-20 at 10:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Sakura goes to give Cessie a hug. "Just remember I'm not that far away if you want to talk about anything. Adir too, but he's not very good at girl talk." She giggles. "And yeah, don't hesitate to bring them over if you need a babysitter. We definitely don't see enough of them as is."

[Dinner]

Sakura laughs out loud. "It's true. You've never seen the inside of Cessie's closet, have you Adir? You could disappear into it." Sakura gives Harnel a wry grin. "Have you ever got lost in there, Harnel?"

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

Harnel shakes his head, "I haven't gone in. Any good adventurer knows that when you enter a dungeon, you need to get a map first. Too easy to get lost otherwise.

Said with a completely straight face, too!
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #635

[Arriving]

"Hey, if you ever need advice about Harnel, I'm your guy," Adir adds, putting his hands on his hips. Then he realizes what he's doing - and what he's still wearing. "Alright, I gotta get outta this."

[Dinner]

Adir and Jon both break down laughing at that. Laela might find herself jiggled around in her daddy's arms. "Oh gods. I'll make sure to stop by your closet, when I come over for a tour."

"Close enough," Adir admits, eyeing the former goddess. "How many wishes do I get?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-01-22 at 01:54 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #636

Libra would be insulted being called a 'goddess'.

"Uh... I dunno. How many do you want?" Libra asks with a raised eyebrow.

[Dinner]

"I actually tend to give away my clothes to the poor once they're getting old so it isn't that big." Cessie defends herself. "Besides, we all know what you have in the closet Harnel." The sorceress says, giving up a chuckle. Or at least Sakura.

[Arriving]

Cessie can't help but to laugh at that. "Really? So what advice would you give me about my dear husband Adir?"

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

Laela laughs along with her dad, though she doesn't know at what. The mood is infectious.

Sakura puts her hand over her mouth, only half covering the smile. The contents of Adir's Harnel's closet certainly are interesting.

[Arriving]

"Oh dear. I'd like to know the same thing. Do you have some kind of man secrets we don't know about?" Sakura punctuates with a short laugh.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-02-22 at 12:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #638

((Just gonna rescuscitate this... >.>))

[Dinner]

While they are somewhat interesting, perhaps Sakura was thinking of Harnel's closet.

"Now just what could they be talking about?" Adir asks. He arches a brow at Harnel expectantly.

[Arriving]

"There might be," The stag crosses his arms and puts a hand under his chin. Very thoughtful looking, aside from the mischievous glint in his eye. "How's he troubling you?"

"I... I dunno," Adir says. How do you answer a question like that? This is something he needs to discuss with Sakura.

That said, he could always have a little fun first. "I wish I were stronger. And faster." His brothers always were more powerful physically. Harnel, too... "What can you do about that?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dinner]

"Swords," Harnel says with a completely straight face, "Clearly."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #640

"Let me thin- Oh!" Apparently not much thinking was ever needed. "I know!" Libra claps her hands in excitement. "Your wish is soooo granted!"

And then reality is kicked in the nuts as Adir suddenly change. The effect is instant and he won't even notice any difference. Well, perhaps the addition of a tail might get noticed? What about the layer of green scales and sharp teeth? Or the fact that he now have golden colored horns sticking out of his hair and is at least two feet taller?

He does look a lot stronger though as was his wish, his shoulders now much wider then before and his muscles more bulky. He's still very agile looking though, much more then Harnel even if he now got much more in common with the half-dragon then he might have wished. His feet are different as well, now looking very similar to his red friends feet. As do his hands which now have golden-colored claws.

His face and hair are still the same though despite the addition of green scales and horns. But otherwise it looks like he have gone from deer to a green half-dragon just this moment.

Libra looks very excited about this of course. "There! Now you're more sexy too!" I really hope Libra don't find half-dragons sexy.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-02-23 at 09:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #641

Adir's literally sprung off his recliner by the addition of a tail. He panics and twists, staring at it, only to find the rest of his back scaly too. His head snaps around to look at his hands. He grabs at his face, runs clawed fingers through his hair. All the while, his eyes just keep getting wider.

"...I really should've seen this coming." The stag glances down at Libra, disoriented by the change in height. He cringes a bit, unsurprisingly hesitant about this whole ordeal. "Sexy? Really?" The stag half-dragon looks down again to examine himself.

Did his clothes shift too, or have they not survived the change?
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-02-23 at 09:42 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #642

His clothes have thankfully shifted to adopt to the change so he won't have to change them. "Yeah! All women find half-dragons sexy right?" She replies while looking over Adir with a big smile on her face. It doesn't sound like she counts herself as a woman here...

13. - Top - End - #643

"Well, Harnel doesn't think so..." Adir frowns, pursing his lips (if he's still got a proper pair of those). He recalls that time by the forge at Watchtower, where Sakura was practically ogling Cessie's scaly husband. He scowls. "But I haven't seen much evidence to the contrary."

Adir stands there thoughtfully for another moment. Experimentally, the stagon tries to test his new strength, grabbing the couch Libra's sitting on at the corner and lifting it with one hand.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #644

He still got lips even if they are scaly now. "Pfffh, Harnel is silly. All women totally loves-Whoa!" The former oni (puppet) falls off as Adir quite easily manages to lift the coach she's sitting on.

This does not appear to abate her enthusiasm however as she looks up at him with a wide smile. "Woo! See?! You're super strong now! You could totally take on Harnel in a fight!"

15. - Top - End - #645

Adir doesn't stay shocked for more than a moment or two - but a broad grin does cross his face. "Well, here's hoping I don't have to worry about that," he says offhandedly, pumping the couch up and down with a single arm. "Gods, this is amazing!"

A concern does cross the young man's mind. "But how am I gonna tell Sakura? I dunno if she'll like me this way. Even if... y'know, she likes half-dragons."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-02-24 at 11:24 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #646

"Why wouldn't she?" Libra wonders. "You're like you combined with Harnel now... or something. That means you're the best of two worlds!" She continues arguing. "I think it's really cool at least. I want to do something like that again, wish for something else!"

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

"Adir! Are you down here?" Libra and Adir will hear Sakura coming down the stairs looking for her husband. Adir will have to think fast if he doesn't want her to just walk in and see him like this.

18. - Top - End - #648

"I dunno Libra. I think she likes just regular old skin n' stuff. And, uh, I might be a little big for her at this point..." The stag's gained two feet, so he's about three feet taller than his wife. Adir huffs out a sigh.

"I guess we'll see. So another wish, huh?" He's just started to ponder when Sakura calls out from upstairs. The stagon panics, rather foolishly in retrospect, and then remembers he has access to wishes. "Quick! I, uh... wish I could turn invisible!" He can't help but smile like an idiot. This is rather fun.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-02-25 at 05:21 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #649

"I guess I could make you shorter..." Libra ponders. But then Sakura calls out which brings a smile to her face. More people that could make wishes!

"Uh, okay!" Libra exclaims, her voice possibly heard by the dryad.

Adir's wish will be granted however and suddenly he will be able to turn invisible.

20. - Top - End - #650

((Ugh, looks like I'm being dragged off again. Back in 30 or 40 minutes))

Adir simply wills it, and he fades out've sight. He resists the temptation to blather about how cool it is and slips off to the side, creeping toward the nearby bathroom. His eyes, however, remain entirely on Libra in the living room.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura, with Laela in her arms, steps into the room the next moment. She stops in her tracks when she sees Libra there rather than Adir. "Um, can I help you?" She looks rather confused to see her there.

22. - Top - End - #652

"Hey Sakura! Do you want to wish anything?" Libra asks as soon as the dryad enters the room. It takes a moment for her to notice the baby in her arms. "Oh hey, you spawned something too! Does it want to wish for anything?" She peers at Laela.

23. - Top - End - #653

Adir can't help but snicker a little at Libra. He sneaks off to the bathroom, dropping his invisibility so he can check a few things in the mirror. The stag keeps his ears perked, however.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

Well this is weird. "Um, do I know you? I don't think we've met..." Sakura says hesitantly. Why does this woman know her name anyway? Something almost seems familiar about the way she talks...

25. - Top - End - #655

The former oni smiles widely. "Yes we have! I'm Libra! Of course you remember me! I was the one that gave you all this." She gestures at the house around them.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh! Libra." Sakura doesn't look all that happy to see Libra in her living room. She'd heard a few things from Cessie after all. "So, what are you doing here? Is Adir around?"