New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

Outside

The reaction is a jaw drop. The main mouth, not the big one. This is the first time Mawile has ever seen anything like this. She's seen sudowoodo, but those aren't anywhere close to a treant.

So yeah, the entirety of her reaction is a jaw drop and a look of befuddlement.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"Can you speak, little one?" Sarget asks. He'd heard her starting to say something, but that could have been anything. He knows perfectly well that even things you wouldn't expect to be able to speak can from time to time.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Mawile holds her hand in a "kinda" position and says "Mawile." This means something in Pokespeak, but unless sarget can talk to pokemon (well, I guess "Talk to animals" would work as well) he isn't going to be able to understand it.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Sarget can neither talk to pokemon nor animals, so he's stuck not understanding. "I see." He rumbles. It seems at least that she understands him. "I'm afraid I cannot understand you."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Mawile nods as if she was expecting that. She looks Sarget up and down some more...

And then tries pinching her arm. She's hungry, but not hungry enough to be having hallucinations! What was going on here?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Sarget chuckles; It's a low, rumbling sound. "I'm real, little one. I expect you're not from around here." Referring to the Nexus of course.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Mawile looks at Sarget curiously, and raises one eyebrow questioningly. She's smart enough to use obvious facial expressions and human body language, at least... that should be enough to get some basic information across.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"Do you know where you were before? This place at large is called the Nexus." Sarget explains. It's hard enough explaining the Nexus to someone who you can communicate with properly. This ought to be extra difficult.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Mawile nods to Sarget's question, and then continues to look questioning. She would ask "which way back to petalburg woods?" but... you know... can't talk. Instead, she looks questioning and hopes that this talking tree explains more.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "Oh, we'll have to see about that." Just as she finishes speaking, Laela stops feeding and turns her head to look at Adir. She smiles, and there's a little bit of milk dripping down her chin.

"There you go, all full." Sakura pulls her dress back in place as best she can with one hand. "Now it's our turn." She says with a glance back toward the food Adir bought.
    "Gee, I dunno Sakura. I know I call em' jugs, but that seems kinda gross," Adir says with a grin, sticking his tongue out at her. He turns to the groceries and starts de-bagging in ernest, setting out a spread of various greens and dressings and cheeses for salad. It seems almost everything he got is meat-free, a vegetarian's dream.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Sakura laughs. "You're horrible." She makes a show of covering Laela's ears and leans in to whisper. "Besides, that's for later." Her attempt to sound alluring is lost in a fit of giggles.

The dryad puts Laela in her highchair and surveys the food. "Oh, a salad? Great." It's making her hungry already.

[Outside]

"It may be difficult to get home if you don't know how you got here." Sarget continues.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Mawile nods her head, looking expectant. This much is obvious. And..?

She looks back over her shoulder. Hmm... could she just, you know, walk back?

13. - Top - End - #73

Kitchen

"If we're worrying about Laela hearing things, we might want to get her some earplugs or something," Adir says, smirking sidelong at Sakura while he chops up some peppers. His voice drops to an exaggerated whisper, "Y'know, for later."

He does his best to put together a salad for Sakura. Besides, any dunce can make a salad. He just sprinkles some peppers and tomatoes and turnips on a bunch of lettuce. Perhaps some dressing, if Sakura isn't too picky.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

The dryad grins and gives him a kiss on the cheek. With any luck she won't pass out from exhaustion later! They have to get to baby making sometime after all.

Sakura will help construct the salad by tearing up the lettuce and getting dishes. "I might actually be able to feed myself if we have salad stuff around." She decides once they've finished. It's very simple.

[Outside]

"It's a strange world in many ways. If you're staying, be sure to be careful." Sarget finishes. He's not the most knowledgeable about the Nexus, even if he has been here a while. "The area around here is fairly safe."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Huh... How to ask...

Mawile gestures at the nearby house. The fact that there is a question and what the question is about should be obvious... but what is the question?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Sarget looks at the house and takes a guess. "That is the home of my child and her husband and daughter."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Okay. That's a start. Hmm... lets see if...

Mawile will draw a compass rose on the ground. That... isn't actually very helpful. Gah...

The whole pokespeak thing is just as annoying for Mawile as it is for Sarget.

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kitchen]

The dryad grins and gives him a kiss on the cheek. With any luck she won't pass out from exhaustion later! They have to get to baby making sometime after all.

Sakura will help construct the salad by tearing up the lettuce and getting dishes. "I might actually be able to feed myself if we have salad stuff around." She decides once they've finished. It's very simple.
    They really need to have some twins or something, speed it up a little.

Salads for everyone, then! A pile of greenery for the pair of them. He looks at the child and says, "I really do wonder if Laela's gonna like this stuff. Maybe she'll be a meat-eater like Dad."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Makes one wonder how far Sakura could be pushed before there're just too many babies.

Sakura munches on her salad hungrily. "I dunno. I guess we'll have to find out. With you and your hunting I bet there'll be plenty of meat around." The dryad props her chin in her hands. "You know what would go great with this? Some chocolate milk." She smiles sweetly at him.

[Outside]

"You want directions somewhere?" Sarget asks. "I may not understand what you mean."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Mawile hmms. That's close.

She draws a box so that the compass rose is in one corner. She draws some squiggly lines in the box, one of them touching two sides of the box, one of them ending at the first line. She then draws some point shapes, some box shapes, and some things that are obviously supposed to represent trees...

This is the kind of situation where pictionary practice is essential.

21. - Top - End - #81

[Kitchen]

Adir arches his brow at Sakura, setting down his fork for a minute. "Gods, Sakura, you drink it so much I bet you could make your own," he says with a grin. The stag draws a glass bottle from beneath the table, sliding it over to his wife. "Now don't drink it all at once..." Adir says, not expecting her to listen.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Sakura sticks her tongue out at him as she opens the bottle. She brings it up to her lips and drinks a large portion of the chocolate milk. She doesn't finish the whole bottle, though, and sets it down. "There, that's not all of it." Only most of it.

[Outside]

"A map?" The treant rumbles quietly. The rumbling shifts seemlessly back into words. "I do not know of any map. Not here at least. The Nexus is a volatile, changing place. I suspect reliable maps are hard to come by."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-06-06 at 12:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Mawile crosses her arms and raises one eyebrow.

It would appear to be that she does not believe Sarget.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Sarget chuckles. "I would not lie to you, little one. If I knew where to find a map I would tell you."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Mawile looks a bit upset at that. After a moment, she points to a group of boxy things.

Let's hope this tree knows enough about civilization to guess what that means.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"A city? There is a large one not too far away." It's a good walk, but nothing that'll take forever. The treant points. "It's in that direction."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

Mawile nods and turns to leave. She waves as she does so, bidding the treant farewell.

That was odd... she hopes that the rest of this place isn't as weird as that was.

28. - Top - End - #88

Kitchen

"Keep that up and I you won't get any more, young lady," Adir says, forking another piece of cheese-coated lettuce into his mouth. He holds up another bottle, anticipating this development, and grins at her.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Hmph." Sakura pickes up her fork and starts eating her salad again. She almost hides her amused smile. Almost... but she keeps up the silent treatment.

[Outside]

"Goodbye, little one." Sarget says as the pokemon departs.

30. - Top - End - #90

The Frescot House

Eyes still on Sakura, the stag spins the lid off and lifts the milk to his lips, taking his first sip. With messy sounds of joy, a very exaggerated slurping noise, and the occasional 'mmm' and 'ahh', he begins to down half the bottle. This grows more serious - at least seemingly - as he continues to drink.

"Holy crap that is good," he says, milk dribbling down his chin as though he were a baby. He looks at the bottle, then the child, then Sakura. "I never tried this stuff before."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters