New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

Housewarming - Ladies

"When you eat as much as I do, you learn to cook. Where I come from, there isn't a lot of ready-to-eat stuff that you can get cheap."
    She pulls out a granola bar, and munches on it.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

Sakura nods. "Yeah, I do like having home cooked stuff. I've just never had to learn before I got pregnant." What with not actually having to eat. Living on a primitive world never helped matters either.

When she mentions being pregnant, she can't help but grin. "Okay, I was gonna wait till later so Harnel would hear too, but... I'm pregnant again!"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

Again?! is the first word that enters the sorceress head. Sakura was on good way of having a family like her's at this rate. She had no clue why people like Harnel and Sakura would want that many little ones to take care of.

But at the same time... "Congratulations, I knew it would happen sooner or later. My bets where on 'sooner' though." Cessie replies with a wide smile before she gives Sakura a hug. "Do you know the gender yet?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-24 at 08:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

"Congratulations!" Is what Kirin says. She does, however, wonder if Sakura will regret that in a year or two...

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

Sakura grins at the both of them and says, "Thanks!" before returning Cessie's hug. "We have no idea yet. Our best guess is that I'm about a month along already, and the doctors can't tell until about four months. I don't know about any other ways to tell either."

6. - Top - End - #216

[Housewarming - Ladies]

Cessie doubts Sakura is the kind of woman who would regret something like that. She have known the dryad for a bit longer though...

"Well, at least I know you will be able to support them all in a house like this. I'm of course assuming you have made rooms for a possible expansion of the family?" She says with a knowing look at her friend.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

Kirin stands there and listens for now, not having much to add to the conversation.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

The dryad nods. "Yep! I should show you guys the rooms. They're just upstairs." With that, Sakura turns and heds back into the foyer. They'll take the spiral staircase up into the central bedroom area. There are four doors in each dirrection, only one of which is open. "Master or Laela's room first?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Halfling in the Playground

[Housewarming - Gents]

"Does he, uh, eat? Cuz I've got this whole dinner planned, y'know," Adir says, turning his simmering crawdads with his free hand. Though he stands as far back from the grill as he can - Sakura might not take to Laela being so near a fire. "Or is he just gonna glare at us like a creep all evening?" That might make dinner conversation a bit uncomfortable.

[Pre-Gathering]

"Well, not for a couple years yet," Adir says, sobering up a bit and looking thoughtful. He quits bouncing Laela to the music, but picks a toy up off the carpet and hands it over instead. Her stuffed dragon, perhaps. "Besides, I never had an education and..." He frowns. "Crap, you're probly right."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #220

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Why don't we visit the master bedroom where all the magic happens?" Cessie says with a amused expression.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Gents]

Harnel sighs, "It should be fine, really. Once Cessie starts eating she'll realize he's staring and tell him to go do something else. She's the only person he'll listen to."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

"Sure, let's see it."

After a moment, Kirin blinks and looks at Cessie out of the corner of her eye. Was that a...

She had thought of Cessie as too straight-laced for that blatant of a double entendre.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-07-25 at 03:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

Sakura giggles and whirls around. "Right this way." She leads the way into the master bedroom. The room is spacious and very comfy looking. The center of the room is dominated by a large bed that faces away from the door and towered the door out to the balcony on the opposite side of the room. "What do you think?" This might just be Sakura's favorite room of the house.

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura grins and goes up on her toes to give him a peck on the cheek. "That's why I'm the smart one." She says amusedly. "But you're right, I'm pretty sure it's, like, when she's four that we need to worry about that. Or something like that."

Laela latches onto the dragon plush and squeals in delight. She almost immediately sticks one wing into her mouth.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-25 at 05:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224

[Housewarming - Gents]

"Can't she, uh, fix that?" Adir says, glancing back toward Garn. "You should probly be able to command him too."

The stag lets his shrimp simmer a bit, for now. He turns and carries Laela over to Harnel, holding her out to let her get a look at the new babies. "So how you been doin'? With the kids n' all?" He hasn't gotten much of a chance to ask.

[Pre-Gathering]

Adir quirks a skeptical half-smile, trying to sling his arm around Sakura's waist. Though he really just wants to give her a slap on the rear. "I do need to practice spanking, y'know. For future reference." The stag looks back down at the baby. "'Sides, I could always just teach her what I know. If you wanna go the fun way." Real school's boring, as far as Adir can tell.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-25 at 10:57 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Gents]

Babies! Laela grins toothlessly at the other babies. The little fey leans forward to try and grab hold of Cora somehow. =D

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura eeps and jumps a little. She gives him a sly look and gives his butt a little squeeze in return. "Practice, huh? I'll remember that for later then." She winks and bumps her hips into his.

The dryad looks down at their child again. "Well, as long as she learns how to read and write and stuff like that." Sakura herself discovered that's important.

16. - Top - End - #226

[Pre-Gathering]

"Mm, keep up those smart comments and it might be sooner instead of later," Adir says, smirking. Again, he's inclined to sober up a little for the current discussion. "Anyway. I can show her the ropes, but that'll only be good for so long. You can teach her about plants and stuff, right?" Adir has to wonder if Sakura even knows anything about the plants she gardens. "Maybe she could be a, uh... botanist. That's right."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-26 at 01:25 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

A look of incomprehension crosses Sakura's face... Oh, she's heard that word in a book a while ago. "That's like, someone that studies plants, right?" She asks, even though she's confident she remembered correctly. "That'd be cool, and I can definitely teach her about plants." It's more working knowledge than anything, but it's something.

18. - Top - End - #228

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Not as baronial as I expected from the outside but I like it. It's certainly very tastefully decorated." Perhaps even a bit sparse for her own taste. "I really like the connection to the balcony though, here so far away from the city the sky must be simply beautiful at night." The mage comments as she glances out the balcony window.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

"Yeah, I bet. And due to the way the nexus works you could see a different night sky almost every day."

She's exaggerating a bit, but not by much.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Oh it is. And it's facing west, so you can see the sunset from bed. It's so romantic." Sakura says with a smile. "Let's go out to the balcony." She throws open the glass doors and steps outside. The ground isn't very far below then due to the slope of the hill. They get a nice view of Sakura's flowers planted all over the side of the hill, out to the back yard, and the forest's edge beyond.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Men With Babies]

Laela will be ale to get a hold of Cora's tail, and the young dragonblood will turn around with a grin to meet the new baby. reaching out for anything she can grab on Laela in turn. Bastion just sort of looks at Laela and goes 'harumph'. This new baby was paying attention to her and not him! D=<

"Pretty good. We don't always sleep through the night because they don't, but I wouldn't give it up"

22. - Top - End - #232

[Pre-Gathering]

"Excellent. Anything else, she can go to school for," Adir decides, content with that eventuality. The stag looks down at their daughter furtively. "Should we be, uh, doing anything else for her now?" The stag is completely in the dark on the subject of raising a child. Mostly the infant bit.

[Housewarming - Of Men and Babies]

"Man, don't even try to complain," the stag says, looking down at him with skeptical brow and a sharp grin. "Laela's the fussiest baby ever. We can't get her to sleep one night without needin' something." The stag plops down on the side of a chair next to Harnel, still holding out Laela for Cora's amusement. "I feel bad, draggin' Sakura out of bed to feed her. She looked so tired when I got back, y'know?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-27 at 12:17 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

"Hm, one thing we can do is read her stories. It's supposed to help develop her language skills. We'd need to go out and buy some books for her, though. I wasn't even thinking about it before." Sakura exercises her knowledge from her own books. Best purchase ever as far as she's concerned. They're in the dark enough as it is with them, let alone without.

Laela, meanwhile, is still focused on playing with her dragon. She waves it around, giggling happily.

Cora can undoubtedly get a hold of Laela's flowers, or her very long ears. Laela doesn't mind, mostly because she's now intent on putting the end of the quarter dragon's tail in her mouth an gumming it.

Poor Bastion isn't minded at all. D=

24. - Top - End - #234

[Housewarming - Ladies]

The sorceress looks over the landscape below and nods approvingly. "I wouldn't mind sit up here when it's sunnier, we could keep the children in the bedroom." She suggests, maybe she would even dare to sunbath. =O

The gargoyle looks over the two babies playing, starting to look a bit anxious as he starts to lean closer to Laela and Cora with a worried expression.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - 3 Little babies, 2 Married Men, And A Gargoyle In A Pear Tree]

Laela will easily be able to get Cora's tail into her mouth, and the little quarter dragon will laugh and pull on Laela's hair. Bastion, not to be ignored, moves in the direction of the girls, and then he proceeds to fall on Cora, making her lose her grip on the fey child's hair and probably pulling her tail out of Laela's mouth. Harnel will proceed to catch them before they fall off his lap, smiling.

"Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. We've got some formula for Cora and Bastion though, so I can be the one to feed them in the middle of the night if it comes to that."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-07-28 at 11:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Housewarming - Ladies

"Nice flowers."

Kirin examines the flowers, leaning over the rail a bit and sniffing with her better-than-normal nose.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[Housewarming - Ladies]

"Thanks, Kirin. I'm glad they came in so well. The weather's been great for them." Sakura put a lot of effort into getting all those flowers grown. Sure her abilities make it so much easier, but there are a lot of flowers, among other plants.

"That's a great idea. It feels so nice to sit out here with the sun on your skin." There are a couple nice chairs for just that purpose. They can even be made to allow them to lie down. "You might want to wear something lighter than your usual dresses, though." She teases.

28. - Top - End - #238

[Housewarming - Ladies]

The sorceress just gives Sakura an amused look but doesn't reply to that particular comment. "Well, perhaps we should see the rest of the house then? We could get back here later on."

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Pre-Gathering]

"Hm, one thing we can do is read her stories. It's supposed to help develop her language skills. We'd need to go out and buy some books for her, though. I wasn't even thinking about it before." Sakura exercises her knowledge from her own books. Best purchase ever as far as she's concerned. They're in the dark enough as it is with them, let alone without.

Laela, meanwhile, is still focused on playing with her dragon. She waves it around, giggling happily.

Cora can undoubtedly get a hold of Laela's flowers, or her very long ears. Laela doesn't mind, mostly because she's now intent on putting the end of the quarter dragon's tail in her mouth an gumming it.

Poor Bastion isn't minded at all. D=
    "Well, I might know a few good stories," Adir says, slipping his arm from around Sakura and kneeling down in front of Laela. He props his arms on the recliner. He starts talking to Laela in the language of the wildfae, saying something like 'once upon a time...'

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Housewarming - 3 Little babies, 2 Married Men, And A Gargoyle In A Pear Tree]

Laela will easily be able to get Cora's tail into her mouth, and the little quarter dragon will laugh and pull on Laela's hair. Bastion, not to be ignored, moves in the direction of the girls, and then he proceeds to fall on Cora, making her lose her grip on the fey child's hair and probably pulling her tail out of Laela's mouth. Harnel will proceed to catch them before they fall off his lap, smiling.

"Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. We've got some formula for Cora and Bastion though, so I can be the one to feed them in the middle of the night if it comes to that."
    Adir laughs as the kids nearly tumble onto the deck. He makes sure Laela won't follow suit, adjusting her on his knee. "That must be fun. I can see them fighting over the bottle." He tickles Laela's dangling feet, keeping her entertained. "Sakura would never use one, though. Dunno why. I guess it's a mom thing."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pre-Gathering]

Sakura soon sits down on the floor, holding Laela up to hear the story. She listens with a smile on her face, while Laela seems more interested in grabbing at Sakura's dress then the story half the time. She's not the best listener it seems.

Whoops! Laela is suddenly denied her newest toy, and the friend attached to it. She starts to get a little fussy because of that, but Adir heads it off when he tickles her feet. Soon she's giggling happily again.