New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Banned

Daemon

Default Re: Doctor Who Thread III: Reverse the Polarity of the Neutron Flow

66 Days! Let the countdown commence!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Five days without any posts? It's time to inject some life into this thread!

Prehistoric life, that is.

*ahem*

The management would like to apologize for the previous joke. But Adventure Time is still downloading, and I've got some time to burn, so let's just go ahead with this thing.

My previous reviews:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spearhead From Space:
    Part One
    Part Two
    Part Three
    Part Four

The Silurians:
    Part One
    Parts Two And Three

Previously on Friv Reviews Doctor Who: Monstro-Vision! Liz once again proving she's the toughest companion! Nonsensical evolutionary biology! The Doctor randomly pressing buttons!

And now, we continue!.
    Spoiler
    Show

So, the Doctor is alone in a room with a monstrous lizard-man. And then...

Sorry, have to leave the spoilers for a moment.

Oh my god, guys, I am only a minute and change into this and the official best moment of all of Doctor Who ever has occurred.

Seriously. I don't care if you don't read my reviews, I don't care if you don't normally follow links, you have to watch this video right the hell now.

I mean it.

Okay. Going back into spoilers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so the Doctor is attempting to shake the giant monster's hand.

It is very confused by this.

The Doctor tries to ask the Silurian what it wants, and how he can help, but unfortunately a sound outside terrifies it and it runs away, with the Doctor yelling at it to come back.

Back at the hospital, Major Baker is checking himself out. The UNIT guard won't let him out, but he cunningly asks for help with his jacket and then karate chops the poor guy and runs out. When the sarge goes to tell the Brig, he is not amused. The sarge defends himself, giving us the following:
    “He was ill, sir! He said he couldn't use his arm!”
    “Well, he certainly seems to have used it on you well enough.”
    “... yes sir.”

The Brig thinks that Baker is going to be down in the caves, searching for saboteurs. And conveniently, that's our next scene, as Baker tracks across the caves with a gun and a map looking for bad guys. He steps in a puddle, and is promptly caught; a couple of Silurians arrive to check him out, and he opens fire. This does not end well for him, and the Silurians mind-blast him.

Back upside, the Brig is still planning his invasion. The Doctor returns, and avoids telling the Brig that Quinn is dead or about the Silurians. He suggests shutting down the research facility, and tells the Brig not to invade the caves, but the Brig is having none of it. Liz realizes that something is up, and once the Brig is gone the Doctor tells her that Quinn is dead and he met a Silurian. He's not telling the Brigadier because he doesn't think the Silurians are hostile; it didn't kill Liz, or him, after all. Liz demands to go into the caves with the Doctor, and he reluctantly lets her – he has Quinn's map of the caves, and they follow the map. Liz suggests a shortcut over some totally not a trap water, the Doctor agrees, but before they reach the water they find Baker's gear and spent bullets, which makes the Doctor recognize the water trap for what it is. At about this point, they mention how weirdly hot it is down here, and keep going.

At the end of the map, they find Quinn's door, and promptly have to hide from a Silurian, who uses magic whistling to open it. The Doctor remembers Quinn's gizmo, and tries a little Sesame Opening of his own, getting inside. There's a lovely bit of cat and mouse, in which it becomes clear that Silurians have no peripheral vision – must be the rubber masks.

Oh, and they have Baker captive but whatever. He's in a cage and kind of whining so they just keep going.

No, actually they go to talk to him. He wants an army to come in, and explains that the Silurians have been trying to gather information from him. The Doctor suggests cooperating and trying to gather information in return, and sneaks away – just as a Silurian emerges from a stasis pod! They're reviving Silurians from deep hibernation, and have been drawing power to do it!

Now, that sounds familiar, too. I feel like there was another episode in which Silurians were woken up from deep hibernation by a human science experiment on the moors, and then started waking up increasingly numerous Silurians while capturing any humans who got too close, and the Doctor was convinced that they could be reasoned with but all of the humans insisted it was a military threat.

What episode was that? No, I can't recall. Must have been my imagination.

Anyway, Baker tells the Doctor and Liz to leave him and get help, and they try to escape. After avoiding a few more Silurians, they run across the giant bio-engineered monster that the Silurians use as a watchdog for their territory.

Back at the reactor, things are not going well. Lawrence is incredibly angry, but everyone he wants to call has either been called or is missing. Just to make everything perfect, the Permanent Undersecretray, which I assume is an actual British position of some kind, has arrived to follow up on Lawrence's complaints. So everything is just peachy.

Lawrence complains about UNIT, and the Undersecretary tells him there's a good chance of the whole project being shut down if it doesn't show results, ruining Lawrence's career. But Lawrence has no ideas – he just complains about Lethbridge-Stewart, Major Baker, and the Doctor. He wants everyone thrown out so that he can solve the problems himself. He launches into a rant about the Doctor, who conveniently arrives and mouths off to both him and the Undersecretary, and then asks after the Brigadier, who conveniently arrives and asks after his reinforcements, and fortunately before this can descend entirely into farce the Undersecretary shuts the whole thing down. Starting to like him.

As it turns out, there aren't any reinforcements, because there's no proof of anything in the caves, monsters or humans. The Brigadier intends to go in with his current soldiers, and the Doctor forbids it.

Back underground, two Silurians (who I am going to call Tall and Short) are grilling Baker about whether there are other species on Earth, what weapons soldiers carry, and the like. Baker answers non-military questions, and then gets angry about the questions getting too military. Short wants to torture him into compliance, but Tall doesn't want him hurt, and Tall is the leader. On the other hand, Tall wants to kill all humans, whereas Short is a little more concerned.

Upstairs, the Brig wants full details about the Silurians, and the Doctor isn't sure. The Undersecretary wants the Brigadier to go in with all of his troops. The Brigadier intends to go in with his soldiers, but promises not to fire first. The Doctor is about to convince them to let him negotiate, but then Miss Dawson comes in and tells everyone that Quinn has been killed by a Silurian, despite working with them. The Brigadier is convinced that the Silurians are hostile, and intends to move in. Everyone except the Doctor is convinced that the Silurians intend to kill all humans, so he decides to go down into the caves and warn the Silurians, in the hopes of preventing a war.

So he walks into the centre of their base, and tells them people are entering the caves. He tries to warn them, but they promptly throw him in a cage. So not his best plan ever. Short and Tall arrive and start interrogating him, and he tries to convince them to meet peacefully with UNIT. Short is confused, and the Doctor explains that he wants peace between the Silurians and the humans. But the Silurians claim that the planet is, and always has been, theirs.

The Brig and his crew are in the tunnels, and discover that the walls are growing around them. Baker tells the Doctor that he is an idiot, and then Tall returns, tells the Doctor that he has destroyed the Brigadier, and now he will kill the Doctor! He uses his crazy psychic waves, and... episode end!

My thoughts: The Doctor's wild idealism is in full swing here, surrounded by a bunch of angry people on all sides. I guess it's so rare for him to run into alien invaders who might not be evil that he really goes the extra mile for them. (This is actually a bit of a trend in Pertwee stories, or at least the ones I've seen. The next serial, which I'm not going to review, is about basically friendly aliens getting caught in an evil human's plans).

Best Moment: Seriously, I stopped the spoiler tags for it. Nothing is going to top that. Although the Doctor randomly appearing in the Silurian base and panicking them all is a good one, too.

Worst Moment: Doctor Lawrence attempts to get an entire fleet of waahmbulences for his facility.

And Adventure Time has finished downloading, so only one episode reviewed tonight! Hope you enjoyed!
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Five days without any posts? It's time to inject some life into this thread!

Prehistoric life, that is.

*ahem*

The management would like to apologize for the previous joke. But Adventure Time is still downloading, and I've got some time to burn, so let's just go ahead with this thing.

My previous reviews:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spearhead From Space:
    Part One
    Part Two
    Part Three
    Part Four

The Silurians:
    Part One
    Parts Two And Three

Previously on Friv Reviews Doctor Who: Monstro-Vision! Liz once again proving she's the toughest companion! Nonsensical evolutionary biology! The Doctor randomly pressing buttons!

And now, we continue!.
    Spoiler
    Show

So, the Doctor is alone in a room with a monstrous lizard-man. And then...

Sorry, have to leave the spoilers for a moment.

Oh my god, guys, I am only a minute and change into this and the official best moment of all of Doctor Who ever has occurred.

Seriously. I don't care if you don't read my reviews, I don't care if you don't normally follow links, you have to watch this video right the hell now.

I mean it.

Okay. Going back into spoilers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so the Doctor is attempting to shake the giant monster's hand.

It is very confused by this.

The Doctor tries to ask the Silurian what it wants, and how he can help, but unfortunately a sound outside terrifies it and it runs away, with the Doctor yelling at it to come back.

Back at the hospital, Major Baker is checking himself out. The UNIT guard won't let him out, but he cunningly asks for help with his jacket and then karate chops the poor guy and runs out. When the sarge goes to tell the Brig, he is not amused. The sarge defends himself, giving us the following:
    “He was ill, sir! He said he couldn't use his arm!”
    “Well, he certainly seems to have used it on you well enough.”
    “... yes sir.”

The Brig thinks that Baker is going to be down in the caves, searching for saboteurs. And conveniently, that's our next scene, as Baker tracks across the caves with a gun and a map looking for bad guys. He steps in a puddle, and is promptly caught; a couple of Silurians arrive to check him out, and he opens fire. This does not end well for him, and the Silurians mind-blast him.

Back upside, the Brig is still planning his invasion. The Doctor returns, and avoids telling the Brig that Quinn is dead or about the Silurians. He suggests shutting down the research facility, and tells the Brig not to invade the caves, but the Brig is having none of it. Liz realizes that something is up, and once the Brig is gone the Doctor tells her that Quinn is dead and he met a Silurian. He's not telling the Brigadier because he doesn't think the Silurians are hostile; it didn't kill Liz, or him, after all. Liz demands to go into the caves with the Doctor, and he reluctantly lets her – he has Quinn's map of the caves, and they follow the map. Liz suggests a shortcut over some totally not a trap water, the Doctor agrees, but before they reach the water they find Baker's gear and spent bullets, which makes the Doctor recognize the water trap for what it is. At about this point, they mention how weirdly hot it is down here, and keep going.

At the end of the map, they find Quinn's door, and promptly have to hide from a Silurian, who uses magic whistling to open it. The Doctor remembers Quinn's gizmo, and tries a little Sesame Opening of his own, getting inside. There's a lovely bit of cat and mouse, in which it becomes clear that Silurians have no peripheral vision – must be the rubber masks.

Oh, and they have Baker captive but whatever. He's in a cage and kind of whining so they just keep going.

No, actually they go to talk to him. He wants an army to come in, and explains that the Silurians have been trying to gather information from him. The Doctor suggests cooperating and trying to gather information in return, and sneaks away – just as a Silurian emerges from a stasis pod! They're reviving Silurians from deep hibernation, and have been drawing power to do it!

Now, that sounds familiar, too. I feel like there was another episode in which Silurians were woken up from deep hibernation by a human science experiment on the moors, and then started waking up increasingly numerous Silurians while capturing any humans who got too close, and the Doctor was convinced that they could be reasoned with but all of the humans insisted it was a military threat.

What episode was that? No, I can't recall. Must have been my imagination.

Anyway, Baker tells the Doctor and Liz to leave him and get help, and they try to escape. After avoiding a few more Silurians, they run across the giant bio-engineered monster that the Silurians use as a watchdog for their territory.

Back at the reactor, things are not going well. Lawrence is incredibly angry, but everyone he wants to call has either been called or is missing. Just to make everything perfect, the Permanent Undersecretray, which I assume is an actual British position of some kind, has arrived to follow up on Lawrence's complaints. So everything is just peachy.

Lawrence complains about UNIT, and the Undersecretary tells him there's a good chance of the whole project being shut down if it doesn't show results, ruining Lawrence's career. But Lawrence has no ideas – he just complains about Lethbridge-Stewart, Major Baker, and the Doctor. He wants everyone thrown out so that he can solve the problems himself. He launches into a rant about the Doctor, who conveniently arrives and mouths off to both him and the Undersecretary, and then asks after the Brigadier, who conveniently arrives and asks after his reinforcements, and fortunately before this can descend entirely into farce the Undersecretary shuts the whole thing down. Starting to like him.

As it turns out, there aren't any reinforcements, because there's no proof of anything in the caves, monsters or humans. The Brigadier intends to go in with his current soldiers, and the Doctor forbids it.

Back underground, two Silurians (who I am going to call Tall and Short) are grilling Baker about whether there are other species on Earth, what weapons soldiers carry, and the like. Baker answers non-military questions, and then gets angry about the questions getting too military. Short wants to torture him into compliance, but Tall doesn't want him hurt, and Tall is the leader. On the other hand, Tall wants to kill all humans, whereas Short is a little more concerned.

Upstairs, the Brig wants full details about the Silurians, and the Doctor isn't sure. The Undersecretary wants the Brigadier to go in with all of his troops. The Brigadier intends to go in with his soldiers, but promises not to fire first. The Doctor is about to convince them to let him negotiate, but then Miss Dawson comes in and tells everyone that Quinn has been killed by a Silurian, despite working with them. The Brigadier is convinced that the Silurians are hostile, and intends to move in. Everyone except the Doctor is convinced that the Silurians intend to kill all humans, so he decides to go down into the caves and warn the Silurians, in the hopes of preventing a war.

So he walks into the centre of their base, and tells them people are entering the caves. He tries to warn them, but they promptly throw him in a cage. So not his best plan ever. Short and Tall arrive and start interrogating him, and he tries to convince them to meet peacefully with UNIT. Short is confused, and the Doctor explains that he wants peace between the Silurians and the humans. But the Silurians claim that the planet is, and always has been, theirs.

The Brig and his crew are in the tunnels, and discover that the walls are growing around them. Baker tells the Doctor that he is an idiot, and then Tall returns, tells the Doctor that he has destroyed the Brigadier, and now he will kill the Doctor! He uses his crazy psychic waves, and... episode end!

My thoughts: The Doctor's wild idealism is in full swing here, surrounded by a bunch of angry people on all sides. I guess it's so rare for him to run into alien invaders who might not be evil that he really goes the extra mile for them. (This is actually a bit of a trend in Pertwee stories, or at least the ones I've seen. The next serial, which I'm not going to review, is about basically friendly aliens getting caught in an evil human's plans).

Best Moment: Seriously, I stopped the spoiler tags for it. Nothing is going to top that. Although the Doctor randomly appearing in the Silurian base and panicking them all is a good one, too.

Worst Moment: Doctor Lawrence attempts to get an entire fleet of waahmbulences for his facility.

And Adventure Time has finished downloading, so only one episode reviewed tonight! Hope you enjoyed!
    That's axiomatically wrong. [coughSheldoncough] The best moment in all of Doctor who comes in The Three Doctors when Doctor 1 appears on the monitor facing Doctors 2 and 3 and says, "Ah, so you're my replacements: a dandy and a clown!"
    Last edited by CelestialStick; 2013-01-29 at 02:25 AM.
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick View Post
    That's axiomatically wrong. [coughSheldoncough] The best moment in all of Doctor who comes in The Three Doctors when Doctor 1 appears on the monitor facing Doctors 2 and 3 and says, "Ah, so you're my replacements: a dandy and a clown!"
    Question: How would the old man refer to the rest of his incarnations?
    Five: a little jock playing with his friends?
    Six: a mentally unbalanced loudmouth?
    Seven: a manipulator on par with the Master or Davros?
    Eight: a do-little? (One short movie and done? Pansy.)
    Nine: a butcher?
    Ten: an emo terrorist with delusions of pacifism?
    Eleven: a bipolar madman?

Then he turns to Four.
    One: "Except for you. You, you are perfect."
    Four: "I know. I do try to stay humble about it, though."

Yeah, I know. Too long and too mean spirited, so the question stands: what would the first Doctor say about those who followed?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

Now I've only seen a couple episodes of 1, and only a few more of 4, but I get the feeling that if he disliked 2 and 3 he would loathe 4.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm only familiar with nu-who and have seen mostly pics of older who's.. (that doesn't sound right, lol).. oder doctors...
    is it just my impression or are the incarnations looking progressively younger? what's the next one going to be.. a teenager?
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    I'm only familiar with nu-who and have seen mostly pics of older who's.. (that doesn't sound right, lol).. oder doctors...
    is it just my impression or are the incarnations looking progressively younger? what's the next one going to be.. a teenager?
    It's not quite a straight line, but it is certainly a trend.

3 looks a bit older than 2, and 7 looks older than 5 or 6. 8 and 9 look about the same age.

If we go strictly by actor ages at time of selection, the ages of the Doctors at the time that they started their roles, in order, would be:

55, 46, 51, 40, 30, 40 (!), 44, 37, 39, 33, 28.

So starting old, turning middle aged for a while, and then trending young, with a bit of a blip in the middle with Peter Davison. Although William Hartnell looked quite a bit older than mid-fifties in his role, and I would never have guessed that Colin Baker was much older than Davison.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

8. - Top - End - #1118

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Question: How would the old man refer to the rest of his incarnations?
    Five: a little jock playing with his friends?
    Six: a mentally unbalanced loudmouth?
    Seven: a manipulator on par with the Master or Davros?
    Eight: a do-little? (One short movie and done? Pansy.)
    Nine: a butcher?
    Ten: an emo terrorist with delusions of pacifism?
    Eleven: a bipolar madman?

Then he turns to Four.

Yeah, I know. Too long and too mean spirited, so the question stands: what would the first Doctor say about those who followed?
    That's a great question! I don't think he would think 4 was perfect--more like a clone of Harpo Marx.

I can SO though hear Doctor 4 saying "I know. I do try to stay humble about it, though!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Now I've only seen a couple episodes of 1, and only a few more of 4, but I get the feeling that if he disliked 2 and 3 he would loathe 4.
    The funny thing is that I don't think Doctor 1 really disliked them so much as just described them as he saw them. I think you're right though that he would think even less of 4.

It's not quite a straight line, but it is certainly a trend.

3 looks a bit older than 2, and 7 looks older than 5 or 6. 8 and 9 look about the same age.

If we go strictly by actor ages at time of selection, the ages of the Doctors at the time that they started their roles, in order, would be:

55, 46, 51, 40, 30, 40 (!), 44, 37, 39, 33, 28.

So starting old, turning middle aged for a while, and then trending young, with a bit of a blip in the middle with Peter Davison. Although William Hartnell looked quite a bit older than mid-fifties in his role, and I would never have guessed that Colin Baker was much older than Davison.
    Doctor 8 is actually the closest in age to me, having been 37 when I was 35-36. I agree with you that Hartnell looked quite a bit older--he was then about the age I am now--but he had poor health. I too wouldn't have guessed that Baker was older than Davison.

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

Probably would consider 9 to be his second midlife crisis.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2013-01-29 at 07:59 PM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Although William Hartnell looked quite a bit older than mid-fifties in his role, and I would never have guessed that Colin Baker was much older than Davison.
    Amazingly, Hartnell was only 31 or 32 years older than Carole Ann Ford, so he was barely old enough to have been her grandfather.

Anyway, to answer Calemyr's question (keeping in mind that what he called Two and Three was based solely on his first impression of their physical appearance):

Four: a Bohemian
    Five: a babyfaced softie
    Six: colorblind
    Seven: a gnome
    Eight: a pretty boy (though what he called Three would fit here too)
    Nine: a skinhead
    Ten: a geek
    Eleven: a nerd

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    They flag this in "Time Crash", where Ten meets Five. "When I was younger I used to do old and grumpy, like you do when you're that age."
    The Lazy GM series. Lovingly crafted pre-gen monsters for Pathfinder and OGL d20 fantasy.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dps View Post
    Ten: a geek
    Eleven: a nerd
    Not that I want to start this discussion but... how? How does Ten look like a geek? He's totally a pretty boy, possibly closest to a more modern five or eight...
    And Eleven would... well, he's young, so a baby face would be reasonable but even with his whacky head gear he looks more like someone with a lack of fashion sense than a nerd.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

All eleven Doctors for the 50th anniversary? http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2013/01...leven-doctors/
    I can't find the original source for Moffat's confirmation, but this article claims it's confirmed.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCap View Post
    All eleven Doctors for the 50th anniversary? http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2013/01...leven-doctors/
    I can't find the original source for Moffat's confirmation, but this article claims it's confirmed.
    Article seems to have been deleted, but I used my google-fu to get the cached version.

Looks like it was just reiterating the rumour article from the Birmingham Mail. With article being pulled, I guess wired decided they didn't trust the source.

Edit: Filch to play First Doctor
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2013-01-30 at 10:44 AM.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

So I happened on a Doctor Who edition of Monopoly today in a store. Thought "huh' neat!" and so went looking at the box.

And instead of planets or whatever for streets they had episodes... and Boardwalk was "The End of Time Part 2"...

lol wut?

I mean I don't rag on that episode like seems hip and fashionable, but what? And they didn't even go whole hog and have Part 1 be Park Place while also contradicting half the board which has old serials counted as single episodes.

Talk about fail.

On the other hand if this is true its so much win it hurts.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Then he turns to Four.
    And I totally and automatically read that in Tom Baker's voice. That says something, doesn't it? (Though about what I'm not sure...!)

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Ooooooh, shiny!

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

Well we all knew it would happen, but it's finally true. The Doctor blew himself up.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

BTW, it hasn't been mentioned here, but BBCAmerica is going to be showing one Classic Doctor story each month heading up to the anniversary. Last Sunday night we got "The Aztecs" from the First Doctor's era.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Planetar

At the end of the article the author now writes:

"Update: It seems the original sources for writing this were more rumor then confirmed fact and I’ve edited the article to reflect that. However, as a gift I found out that according to the BBC banner at the 2013 London Toy Fair new details about the 2013 season have been released."

Article seems to have been deleted, but I used my google-fu to get the cached version.

Looks like it was just reiterating the rumour article from the Birmingham Mail. With article being pulled, I guess wired decided they didn't trust the source.

Edit: Filch to play First Doctor
    I can totally see David Bradley (Filch from Harry Potter) as the crusty old Doctor Who number one!
    Last edited by CelestialStick; 2013-01-31 at 02:39 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ive gone back and started watching from the start of NuWho. I saw all the Matt Smith ones as they came out or soon after and really enjoyed the whole seasons. (which is surprising, I rarely watch TV and very rarely watch full seasons).

I enjoyed the first season, except the leather jacket. I just finshed Gridlock in the third season, and really not liking David Tennant or the episodes much. They seem repetitive in their plot setups. Lots of fake seeming anger, everything works out when he talks to himself. That vastly simplifies it, but the show has become ho-hum, where before I was gung-ho to watch it.

Also, for all the Old Whos was he the last of the time lords though it, or is there a second Season where you experience the time war?
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2013-02-11 at 02:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post

Also, for all the Old Whos was he the last of the time lords though it, or is there a second where you experience the time war?
    The Time War took place between Old an New Who.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Ive gone back and started watching from the start of NuWho. I saw all the Matt Smith ones as they came out or soon after and really enjoyed the whole seasons. (which is surprising, I rarely watch TV and very rarely watch full seasons).

I enjoyed the first season, except the leather jacket. I just finshed Gridlock in the third season, and really not liking David Tennant or the episodes much. They seem repetitive in their plot setups. Lots of fake seeming anger, everything works out when he talks to himself. That vastly simplifies it, but the show has become ho-hum, where before I was gung-ho to watch it.
    Yeah, that's basically the hallmark of Russel T. Davies' Doctor, and Tennant's portrayal of him.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Banned

Daemon

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/The-I...-Series-7.aspx

Mark Gattiss writes for the Dr Who Monster everyone forgets and who hasn't been seen for decades.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Timeras View Post
    The Time War took place between Old an New Who.
    Interesting. That seems like a major story hole, that will (hopefully?) be filled at some point.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Interesting. That seems like a major story hole, that will (hopefully?) be filled at some point.
    Apparently Genesis of the Daleks was the start of that war.
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-02-11 at 04:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post

Mark Gattiss writes for the Dr Who Monster everyone forgets and who hasn't been seen for decades.
    I am super-looking forwards to this.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Apparently Genesis of the Daleks was the start of that war.
    Thanks. On that topic, does anyone have a decent list of Old Who that are must see? Amazon Prime seems to have a bunch on there, but I'm not nearly a big enough fan to watch all of them, but would love to check out the Top 50 available, or something to that end.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post

The yeti? wait no everyone remembers them. Seriously though I though Ice warriors were one of the monsters that people wanted brought back.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

I still want to see Rutans now CGI could do one that wouldn't look like a joke
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Thanks. On that topic, does anyone have a decent list of Old Who that are must see? Amazon Prime seems to have a bunch on there, but I'm not nearly a big enough fan to watch all of them, but would love to check out the Top 50 available, or something to that end.
    If you check out the first post, there should be links to Dr. Simon's reviews/highlights of every season of Doctor Who. I think those should be able to help you cherry pick some episodes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1