Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 657
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble follows suit with a small bow to Jarvis, and rides Sugarcane up next to Gwen, noticing her discomfort.
    "Relax, my dear friend. Is it the trip you're worried about? Just know that we're all glad that fate brought you back to us. And whatever happens, I've got your back."

    Fimble remembers to go by one of the merchants to buy some apples and carrots for both Sugarcane and Oscar's donkey.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix nods shortly with a smile
    "We will do our best. And yes, I think we are all ready."

    Felix mounts Alfie and rides near the merchant, they are hired to protect. On the way he would try to catch up on 'merchanty things' (current prices etc.).

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gordid stretches out, popping his neck as he moved alognside the others, keeping pace with the ponies. He kept the neck of his axe resting on his shoulder, glancing about constantly. He didn't say much, as he had no knowledge of merchant business or practices and frankly didn't care. He'd see this mission through and hopefully enjoy himself when some bandits attacked.
    OOC Desc FoUT:
    Dhra Gruut, Male Mintauran, seven feet tall and covered in a greying hair, long grey twisting horns jut from his skull toward his rear, adding another foot to his height; has a long grey and black beard that drifts down from his chin. His eyes are a deep green and he regularly adds marking to his body as he casts. Carries several short spears on his back. Small pouches attach to his waist, smelling of balms. On his arms a pair of leather bracers embedded with quartz.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar had guided Maximillian and the cart to the gathering merchants. He watched with a careful eye as Felix approached the colorful gentlemen, Excellent, now to see what we are to be protecting. As he surveys the gathered merchants he takes a moment to count each of the travelers, animals, and other equipment used to carry their wares. He consulted with several of the drivers to see the positioning of the caravan. Finally as the last calls rang through the assembly, Oscar reached down gently to pat Maxmillian on his neck. "Alright Maximillian, best be on our way." A gentle tug of the reins and the donkey began a slow stride forward.

    Spoiler
    Show


    I would appreciate a count of merchants, employees, animals, and cargo containers. Also how the caravan will be traveling (like are they in a line, if so by twos, etc.)
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Very well then! Let's be off!" Jarvis says with a flourish as he hops into one of the covered wagons.

    The porters scamper away with there pay and all the other merchants hasten to tighten the last of the straps. The gates open to the wild road ahead, and you march off with the last of the merchant caravans to the adventure that awaits you.

    (More tomorrow... I'm out of time.)
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The Highroad can be a tourist attraction by itself.

    Spoiler
    Show


    With towering, snow-capped mountains to your right and a frosty bay to your left, you step onto the wide and (comparably) even path which is surrounded on all sides by lush greenery. Neverwinter has always been a year long oasis against the frost of the northlands of Faerun, due to (by Jarvis's account) a colony of fire elementals who occupy Neverwinter Wood. But as you pass out of the civilized regions of Neverwinter's borders, you can feel the chill of the realm around you seek openings in your clothing to leave their icy bite.

    Conversation is pleasant with Jarvis, as he always seems to have an anecdote or two about a certain region you pass. As he pulls his cloak tighter around himself, he continues to ramble on about his ascension to his current status, while taking intermittent sips from his flask:

    Born the son of an aristocrat's wife, who had an illicit affair with a wandering bard, he was pronounced (publicly anyway) stillborn by the midwife, who in turn raised him in secret to protect the nobleman from shame and Jarvis's mother from execution. Although he was raised in some degree of privilege, he was never allowed to acknowledge his mother, even though he figured out the truth of his heritage long before reaching adulthood. However, on the night of his 13th birthday, he decided to confront his mother and force her to accept him as her son. Naturally she would not, and the aristocrat was enraged by the accusation of infidelity, so he drove Jarvis out of the duchy. Jarivs made it his quest to find the bard that would be his father, but to make ends meet (while still being allowed to travel) he became a wandering merchant. He was well educated, thanks to the wise rearing of the midwife, and did quite well in his trade. Though his travels led him far and wide, he never found a bard who looked enough like him to pass as his father, and his ever-increasing obligations to his business kept him tethered to his work. The last clue he'd heard led him to north Faerun, which was nearly seven years ago. But nothing has come up since. So he assumes either his father is dead, isn't in the region, or does not want to be found. Whichever way it is, Jarvis has a thriving business, is well established all along the Sword Coast and has no real reason or time to continue his quest.

    By the time he finishes his story, he's wobbling a bit and hiccuping. His nose is bright red and he keeps rubbing his face. He rummages for a winter blanket and pulls that around him as well. The caravan leaves the last faint glow of the warmth of Neverwinter behind, and the roads turn from cobble, to dirt, to frost and hard-packed mud.

    "The ressst of th-(hic) of thisss road iz gonna-ged-a-bit muddy until we get to Port Last I'm a-(hic)... 'fraid. So... 's gonna slow doooowwwwwn a bit. This's where the caravansss usually get attacked. We'll see what mood the highwaymen're in. Sometimes 'ey'll settle-on-a bride. (hic)... I mean bride." He scowls at no one in particular and shakes his head as if disagreeing fervently. "B-UURRR-IIIII-BE! What'n'the nine hells wassat-about?" And he begins to laugh. "Seems my tongue has a mind all it's own, eh?"
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-11 at 12:46 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Well, they'll get neither from us."
    Fimble answers, after listening patiently in shocked horror to Jarvis' tale. He also finds his wintercoat from Sugarcanes saddlepack and wraps it around his armor, hoping the cold will keep from both it and his skin, giving her a soft pat on the back before catching up again.
    "It's alright, Sugar. Remember, if things get heated, just follow my lead, and we'll be alright."
    He has spent the first part of the trip, getting to know her movements, and practicing commands with the goal of having her quickly respond in case of danger. Now he feels omre confident, but is still slightly at edge, moving into hostile territory.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know if the training needs a check, and if I can take 10/20, but if the first is the case and the second isn't:
    Handle animal (1d20+2)[8]
    Ride (1d20+2)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gwen listens to Jarvis's stories about the area more carefully then his life story, paying attention for any potential adventures that could come out of the tales. The cool air doesn't set very well with her and she shivers a little under her armor. She tries not to look like she is freezing her tail off though as she kicks herself for not getting prepped for the trip.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    A little bit of time passes a bit quietly as Jarvis hums a soft tune to himself. You enter a narrowing in the pass. There is an old cave next to it.

    "Foulmouth." Jarvis calls it, still slurring drunkenly. "That's where some ogres wintered. Th' cave's been routed, but th' stench is still strong enough. 'Ats why they call it Foulmouth Cave."

    His eyes are drawn upward at about the same time Gordid and Felix's are.

    "Uh, oh... dun' look like they're in th' mood f'r a bribe." He says as he slowly reaches for his crossbow.

    Felix and Gordid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From column D-G, just out of range of the map, you can see men on the edge of the cliff looking down at you, ready to ambush.

    If you wish to pretend not to see the ambushers, feel free to roll a Bluff check. Otherwise, you two and Jarvis are the only ones capable of participating in the surprise round.


    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix tries to act like he didn't see the ambush, but in the same time he prepares his sling, so he could shoot one of the bad guys if they attacked...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative?:(1d20+3)[17]
    Prepared action to shoot with sling if attacked.
    Attack (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage (1d3+1)[3]

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Initiative:
    Gordid: (1d20+3)[16]
    Wagons: (1d20+1)[16]
    Felix: Rolled a 17 (sorry... I'll do all the INIT rolls to keep them in one post.)
    Carts: (1d20+1)[8]
    Fimble: (1d20+2)[8] (from riding dog)
    Merchants: (1d20)[20]
    Mules: (1d20+1)[18]
    Oscar: (1d20+5)[20]
    Gwen: (1d20+6)[7]
    Bandit 1: (1d20+1)[19]
    Bandit 2: (1d20+1)[21]
    Bandit 3: (1d20+1)[5]
    Bandit 4: (1d20+1)[7]

    Bandits 1-4, Felix and Gordid each get a round to go first in the order of how they rolled. Then we start over in the init order that I will soon post.

    Initiative Order:

    Surprise Round!
    1. Bandit 2
    2. Bandit 1
    3. Felix
    4. Gordid
    5. Bandit 4
    6. Bandit 3


    Standard Round!
    1. Bandit 2
    2. Oscar
    3. Merchants
    4. Bandit 1
    5. Mules
    6. Felix
    7. Gordid
    8. Wagons
    9. Fimble
    10. Carts
    11. Gwen
    12. Bandit 4
    13. Bandit 3


    Revised Battle Map!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-11 at 12:13 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Trying not to rouse suspicion, the caravan trudges along.

    But just as Felix reaches for his sling, two arrows arc down to your group, towards Gordid!

    Bandit 2:
    Attack: (1d20+2)[20]
    Damage: (1d6)[1]

    Bandit 1:
    Attack: (1d20+2)[16]
    Damage: (1d6)[2]

    Oscar and Gwen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are suddenly aware of the fact that the initial assault from above is a diversion as you detect the faintest hint of movement from inside the cave... the gleam of weapons being readied.

    Gwen Specifically:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Due to your military training, you have reason to theorize that the bandits are hoping to corral and surround the caravan. The group above is most likely attempting to create chaos. The group in the cave will strike from behind to prevent retreat. There may also be a group, or a trap, ahead that will cut off all means of escape.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Assuming that bandit 4 is an archer too, Felix would try to shoot him before he has a chance to attack.

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix launches a rocket at Bandit 4 who takes it right in the chest before he has time to launch an arrow. The impact of the blow staggers him and he drops the arrow, which goes skipping down the mountain side.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Posting for Gordid:
    Flustered by the surprise attack and still pulling arrows out of his beard, Gordid decides to wait for a more opportunistic chance for his melee capabilities to be more effective.

    Delays action until his turn in the INIT

    Bandit 4: (3 HP)
    Bandit 4, still reeling from the attack retreats out of sight.

    Move: Withdraw off the grid.
    Hide check auto-succeeds unless you have a magical ability to see through solid stone.

    Bandit 3:
    Bandit 3 knocks and releases, sending his arrow whistling through the air at Felix:

    Attack: (1d20+2)[20]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]

    Top of the Round:

    Bandit 2:
    Bandit 2 screams, "NOW!" and let's another one loose before dropping out of sight.

    Attack: (1d20+2)[19]
    Damage: (1d6)[1]
    Move: In the same direction as Bandit 4

    The call causes a unanimous battle cry from the cave.

    New Init Order:
    1. Bandit 2
    2. Oscar
    3. Merchants
    4. Bandit 1
    5. Mules
    6. Felix
    7. Gordid (12 HP)
    8. Wagons
    9. Fimble
    10. Carts
    11. Gwen
    12. Bandit 4 (3 HP)
    13. Bandit 3
    14. Cave Bandits X-X
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-16 at 12:41 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Watch the cave and ahead on the road! It could be a trap!" Gwen shouts to the party hoping like hell that they hear her as she watches the bandit attack unfurl.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar eyes dart about at the flurry of activity. Reaching in his pouch, Oscar grabs a square of sensible brown leather. I look dashing but my attire is not suited to a field of battle. Muttering an incantation, a small field of force envelops his body. As he keeps his eyes on the cave for the impending attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mage armor and holding position. Everything blasty is close range.
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The merchants, terrified by the sound coming from the cave, huddle closer together, unsure whether they should run or hide.

    Merchants:
    Merchant 1: Move from N11 to M13
    Merchant 2 (N13): Total Defense
    Merchant 3: Shift from Q12 to Q13 and Total Defense


    Bandit 1:
    Disappears in the same direction as the rest of the archers.

    Mules:
    Nervous from the screaming and yelling, the mules begin to stir and bray.

    Felix's turn...
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix, after getting hit with 2 arrows, takes cover behind the wagon, staying close to the main merchant.
    He would react if bandits join in melee.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Prepared action to attack if a bandit attacks in melee
    attack (1d20+2)[20]
    damage (1d4+1)[4]

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble tries to calm his pony, and jumps down, dragging her to half cover on the side of the nearest cart and tying her to the side.

    "Shh, sugarcane. Stay here, sweetheart. It'll be alright."

    He then draws his hooked hammer and shield, ready to cover himself from more arrows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Keeping an eye on the cave above Gwen shifts to get a better location and pulls out her aberlast (crossbow) and ***** it.

    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since you didn't specify which cell you wanted to move to, I put you in the nearest legal cell that would give you some degree of cover and still have a prepared action. You are now in a square that is partially occupied by tall grass, which gives you Partial Concealment against the Cave Bandits but Total Cover against the Arrow Bandits.

    Here is your Hide Check: (1d20+7)[26] if you chose to use it.


    Bandit 4:
    Still unseen

    Bandit 3:
    Liking his current perch, Bandit 3 launches another arrow, this time at Gordid.
    Attack: (1d20+2)[22]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]

    Then the Cave Bandits come pouring out of the cave, shouting in unison, "RRRRAAAAAGH!"

    Cave Bandit 1:
    Charges into the fray, waving his short sword, toward the nearest mule and takes a slashing swing at the mule's bindings, as the mule goes berzerk.

    Move: Charge from Cave to O9, AC Penalty -2, Attack +2
    Attack: Sunder
    AoO (Mule): (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[5]
    Attack (vs DC 10): (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage (vs Rope and Leather): (1d6+2)[4]
    Rope Hardness/HP: 0/2
    Leather Hardness/HP: 2/5

    Cave Bandit 2:
    Pours out of the cave and does the same to the next nearest mule.

    Move: Charge from Cave to Q9, AC Penalty -2, Attack +2
    Balance: (1d20+1)[19]
    Attack: Sunder
    AoO (Mule): (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[6]
    Attack (vs DC 10): (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage (vs Rope and Leather): (1d6+2)[8]
    Rope Hardness/HP: 0/2
    Leather Hardness/HP: 2/5

    Cave Bandit 3 & 4:
    Moving in conjunction with each other, run up to the wagon waving spears.
    "Get off! Get off NOW!" Cave Bandit 3 shouts to the merchant on the cart.
    Move: Run to K8 and L8 respectively.
    Intimidate: (1d20+9)[16]

    Bandit 2: (If Gordid doesn't take his turn at the end of the round.)
    Still out of sight.

    Round 2:
    1. Bandit 2
    2. Oscar
    3. Merchants
    4. Bandit 1
    5. Mules
    6. Felix
    7. Wagons
    8. Fimble
    9. Carts
    10. Gwen
    11. Bandit 4 (3 HP)
    12. Bandit 3
    13. Cave Bandits X-X
    14. Gordid (7 HP)


    Battle Grid for Round 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-17 at 04:43 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Bandit 3: (Confirm Critical)
    Attack: (1d20+2)[11]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]
    Damage: (1d6)[2]

    Cave Bandit 1:
    Manages to easily dodge the mule's awkward attack and cut the rope holding some of the merchandise, but his blade glances off the leather straps. He rears back for another swing...

    Cave Bandit 2:
    Slashed through the rope and leather in a single slice. The merchandise slides to the ground. The Cave Bandit grimaces and curses when the bag lands on the other side of the mule.

    Cave Bandit 3 & 4:
    Merchant's Modified Level Check Result: 16
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-17 at 04:41 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Vile Scoundrels!" exclaimed Oscar as he lept from his cart grabbing his walking stick on the way. He quickly rushes to his right aligning himself with a bandit. His eyes quickly note a pit in between himself and the thieves. He begins intoning mystics words that fall sickly on the ear. From his outstretched index finger springs a murky green light that races toward his opponent.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Alright here is the skinny for my turn.
    Exit the cart and move to U9, hopefully that is a pit or something similar.
    Cast ray of enfeeblement at the bandit in Q9
    Ranged attack roll (1d20+1)[15]
    For strength penalty (1d6)[2]
    If that isnt a pit...someone may need to heal check me quick.
    Last edited by Jungian; 2012-09-18 at 08:17 PM.
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    While Cave Bandit 2 is trying to reach under the mule to grab the merchandise, snaky green tendrils crawl inside the openings in his armor, making him shudder and strain.

    "Wha- what's happening to me?!" He shouts as he tries to slap at the green ray. His skin seems to sag for a moment, as if it were too heavy for his muscles to hold them up, then it settles back into position. But now he looks more gaunt and sickly than before.

    Merchant 1: His name is Ollie
    "You get away from my mule!" He shouts as he pulls out his shillelagh (as club) waves it menacingly in the air. "Or I'll whack you one!"

    Merchant 2: His name is Richard
    Merchant 2, unwilling to risk his supplies, would like to get his mule out of there as soon as possible. "Gwen! Out of my way! I can't get through!"

    Merchant 3: His name is Simon
    "Sophie!" Merchant two shrieks as he charges at the newly enfeebled bandit.
    Move: Q13 to Q9
    Attack (Bull Rush):
    AoO: (1d20+2)[3]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]
    Opposed STR: Merchant (1d20+1)[7] vs. Cave Bandit (1d20+1)[8]

    Who charges past the clumsy attack and crashes into the bandit. The bandit shrugs him off and flings him to the ground to lie beneath the frenzying mule.

    Bandit 1:
    Still out of sight... where did those bandits go?

    Mule 1:
    Launches a brutal kick at the bandit.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[5]

    Causing the air to explode from Cave Bandit 1's lungs.

    Mule 2:
    Brays obnoxiously, not at all happy about the excitement.

    Mule 3 (Sophie):
    Continues to kick out at the cave bandit in a blind panic.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[4]
    % Chance of hitting Simon: (d%)[91]

    But hits nothing but air.

    Felix:
    Felix sneaks out from the shrubs while the cave bandits are focused on the cart and launches a might stunning strike at Cave Bandit 3's kidney.

    "GYAH!" Cave Bandit 3 bellows as he clutches his back and scowls at the diminutive monk. "You LIT-tle BAS-tard!"

    Fortitude Save: (1d20+3)[20]

    He shrugs off the stunning effects of Felix's attack, but does seem to be in quite a lot of pain from the knock to the kidneys.

    Wagons:
    Jarvis has no intention of having his stuff stolen by bandits. "HYAH!" you hear him shout and the wagons surge forward. Wagon 2 moves dangerously close to the ledge in an attempt to get around Gordid, who has been too flustered to act this whole time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what the check would be on that, so I'll make it a Ride check.

    (1d20+1)[11]

    The rocks below the left rear wheel of Wagon 2 begin to crumble. The wagon hasn't fallen off the ledge, but it does appear to be stuck.

    Go Fimble!

    New Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-19 at 12:37 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Watch out!" Fimble shouts out in general, as he moves around the cart to face the bandits. Midway, however, he stops, plucks a bit of wool from his coat and waves his arms around, whispering words unknown to most.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Can Fimble move past the merchant at M13? If so, he moves to N12. If not, Fimble moves around the cart to I11.
    In any case, he casts ghost sound, DC 14 will.
    It resembles that of 4 brutish men at M11 to 13 shouting: "Kill the thieves!", "Die Scum!", "Have at thee, bandits!" and generally being noisy and clanging their weapons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    NPC Will Saves vs Ghost Sound (DC 14):
    Bandit 3: (1d20)[2]
    Cave Bandit 1: (1d20)[6]
    Cave Bandit 2: (1d20)[19]
    Cave Bandit 3: (1d20)[3]
    Cave Bandit 4: (1d20)[1]
    Jarvis Khelgrim: (1d20+6)[26]
    Cart Merchant 1: (1d20+4)[17]
    Cart Merchant 2: (1d20+4)[18]
    Ollie (Merchant 1): (1d20+4)[5]
    Richard (Merchant 2): (1d20+4)[9]
    Simon (Merchant 3): (1d20+4)[14]
    Mule 1: (1d20+1)[9]
    Mule 2: (1d20+1)[6]
    Sophie (Mule 3): (1d20+1)[2]

    Fimble's Intimidate Check: (1d20+3)[20]
    Modified Level Checks:
    Cave Bandit 1: (1d20+1)[15]
    Cave Bandit 2: (1d20+1)[15]
    Cave Bandit 3: (1d20+1)[13]
    Cave Bandit 4: (1d20+1)[2]

    Cart Merchant's Modified Level Checks: vs Intimidate DC 16
    Cart Merchant 1: (1d20+2)[19]
    Cart Merchant 2: (1d20+2)[16]

    Believes it:
    Bandit 3 (Distracted by it)
    Ollie (Bolstered by it)
    Richard (Bolstered by it)
    Simon (Bolstered by it)
    Mule 1 (Startled by it)
    Mule 2 (Startled by it)
    Cave Bandits 1-4 (Scared by it)

    Cart Merchants

    Any thoughts the Cart Merchants had of running melts away when they hear the cries of reinforcements.

    Cart Merchant 1:
    With a satisfied grin, the Cart Merchant, shouts back, "No, maybe you should drop them spears, and we might let you keep your hides!"
    Action: Total Defense (+4 to AC)

    Cart Merchant 2:
    Cheers and looks up to see the source of the shouting. "Over here! Over here! They're trying to steal my wares!" Then he turns to the bandits with a superior sneer.
    Move: Ready Light Crossbow
    Move: Load Light Crossbow
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-19 at 11:17 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Spoiler
    Show
    The Rolls
    Will save against the Ghost Sound(1d20+2)[16]
    Attack Roll (1d20+3)[23]


    Gwen recognizes the illusion for what it is but has no intention of letting the opportunity her gnomish friend made possible slip past. She lets a bolt fly its target the first bandit to charge the mules.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bandit 1 I think. Move action reloading the crossbow


    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-09-20 at 09:16 AM.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Cave Bandit 1 falls to the ground as a crossbow bolt plunges deep in his chest. -5 HP

    Bandit 4: 3 HP
    Pops our of an opening behind the brush on the side of the mountain wall and hops onto Jarvis's wagon.
    Move: to D9
    Jump (vs DC 8): (1d20+2)[3]

    But trips on a rock and falls just short of the wagon, landing prone right behind it.

    Bandit 3:
    Fires another shot at Gordid
    Attack: (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage: (1d6)[4]

    Which is deflected off of Gordid's armor.

    Cave Bandit 1: -5 HP
    Stabilizing Roll 1-10: (d%)[40]

    Cave Bandit 2: STR 12, HP 3
    Nervous by the sound of reinforcements and even more concerned by implications of a bolt sticking out of his friend's chest, Bandit 2 makes a last ditch effort to grab at the loot and go. Dipping to a crouch, he carefully tries to reach for the pack on the other side of the mule.
    Move Action (Tumble through Mule's space) DC 25: (1d20+2)[17]
    Move Action (if tumble is successful): Pick up Mule's supplies. Provokes AoO

    Mule AoO result: 20
    Damage result: 6

    But is stopped is stopped when he takes a punishing kick to the head by the mule.

    Cave Bandit 3:
    Has had enough of kidney slapping monks, smart mouthing merchants, and nosy, unseen do-gooders coming from seemingly nowhere. "To the caves! To the caves!"
    Move: Withdraw to Foulmouth Cave

    Cave Bandit 4:
    Rushes over to Cave Bandit 1 and attempts to drag him to the cave.
    Move Action: L8 to O9
    Move Action: Drag Bandit, Half Speed
    "I need some cover!"

    Blood seeps from the wound as Cave Bandit 1 is being carried away, he groans in agony.

    If Croverus doesn't post in 24 hours:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bandit 2:
    Pops out of the same hole that Bandit 4 came out of and fires another shot at Felix.
    Attack: (1d20+2)[10]
    Damage: [roll[1d6[/roll]

    "What in blazes is going on?!" He shouts when he sees one bandit down and everyone retreating.


    Battle Grid for Round 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-21 at 01:21 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar eyes dart about the altercation. He taps his index finger and thumb together and flicks while making a popping sound. A small green spark emerges from the tip of his finger and bubbles in the air forming a sphere of acid that flies at the bandit.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Acid Splash
    (1d20)[3] range touch attack
    For (1d3)[2] acid damage
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •