Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 657
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Cave Bandit 2 recovers from the dazing effects of the mules kick just in time to jump over the acid attack. The ground sizzles at his feet. He looks over at the wizard with an expression of pure frustration.

    "I'm remembering your face, wizard," he threatens as he turns toward the cave to run.

    Merchants 1-3:
    Seeing the bandits retreat into the cave, they begin to cheer.

    Merchant 1 (Ollie):
    "We did it!" He shouts as he heads over to his mule to calm him. "Easy does it Charlie. You did real good."
    Handle Animal: (1d20+5)[15]


    Ollie gives Charlie a few strokes on the nose and pats his neck. The mule is calming a bit but hasn't settled.

    Merchant 2 (Richard):
    "That'll teach em!" He shouts as he shakes his fists at the retreating bandits. Then he glares at Gwen. "But next time, get out of my way. I can't afford to lose my wares, so don't pin me in if I want to get me and my mule out of harm's way."

    Merchant 3 (Simon):
    "You sure showed them!" He says as he crawls out from under Sophie and rises to a stand, shaking the dust off. Sophie is making an awful racket and lashes out at Simon.

    Move: Crawl to Q9
    Move: Stand
    AoO: (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[4]

    "Sophie!" He chastises as he jumps away from the kick. "Sophie, you calm down this instant!" He attempts to grab the rope and settle the mule down.

    Handle Animal: Roll Result 10

    Ollie laughes. "Maybe he's mad at ya for namin' him 'Sophie'. Ya figure?" Simon's got his hands full with the mule at the time, and doesn't bother to respond. The mule bucks hard and tries to yank free of the rope.

    Ahead of you, Jarvis shouts, "I'm still under attack here!"

    Bandit 1:
    Pops out of the hidden cave as well and also attempts to mount the wagon.

    Move: to E9
    Jump (DC8): (1d20+2)[5]
    Readied Attack: at Jarvis

    "I'll be taking the reigns, now!"

    But also falls just short of the mark, and lands next to the wagon. He tries to play it off, like that was what he meant to do.
    Jump Result: Lands in E8.
    "Don't make me kick your wagon again!"
    Bluff: Roll Result 17

    He looks at Felix, then back at Jarvis. "You! I've got an arrow pointed right at your friend here. Tell your grunts to back off and no one gets hurt!"

    Intimidate Check: Roll Result 22

    Felix:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please roll a Modified Level Check. (1d20 + Level + WIS bonus + Fear bonus modifier)

    Initiative:
    1. Bandit 2
    2. Oscar
    3. Merchants
    4. Bandit 1
    5. Mules
    6. Felix
    7. Wagons
    8. Fimble
    9. Carts
    10. Gwen
    11. Bandit 4 (3 HP)
    12. Bandit 3
    13. Cave Bandit 1 -6 HP
    14. Cave Bandit 2
    15. Cave Bandit 3
    16. Cave Bandit 4
    17. Gordid (7 HP)


    New Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-23 at 01:12 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Modified level check (1d20+6)[17]
    I guess that makes him... shaken?


    "Don't hurt him." says Felix.

    He tries to get closer showing empty hands "Don't worry, I am unarmed."

    ...and tries to make others notice the situation, they are in now...

    Spoiler
    Show
    ...He could really use Gordid's help...
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-09-23 at 02:07 PM.

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Have some faith, you were safe this whole time." Gwen says to the merchant in an easy going tone just as she turns to see an empty handed Felix and Jarvis' predicament. "Oh, shoot."
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Wagon 1:
    Jarvis holds his hands up. "Don't shoot! Please! Take the wagon if you must-" Jarvis looks backwards after hearing a horrifying shriek. Attempting to pull through the jam to escape, debris from the cliffside falls loose, and the 2nd wagon begins to slide a bit. The wagon sways aggressively and begins to tip, causing the driver to fall out over the cliff side. "NO!" Jarvis screams as he watches his employee fall.

    "Help!" You hear the fallen driver yelp. Gordid, who sees his opportunity and springs in to action.

    He charges over to the cliff's ledge and reaches for the driver who is hanging on by the reigns. "The wagon!" the driver exclaims as the wagon slides a little closer to the cliff until it butts up against Gordid. Gordid tugs on the reigns to pull the driver up as the wagons chassis groans against the strain. With one herculean tug, however, he finally pulls the driver up until he can get a hand on the yoke. But the force of the pull strains the unstable surface and Gordids balance is lost in a tumbling cascade of rock and dirt. He doesn't even have time to scream as he bounces off of the cliffside in a violent but quick descent into the valley below.

    Wagon 2:
    The driver scrambles from his precarious perch but the wagon is leaning hard and looks like it may fall anyway. "Someone help me!" he cries as he scratches for a handhold on the side of the wagon and begins a game of tug o' war with gravity.

    The bandit looks from Jarvis to the second wagon, then jerks his head toward the wagon. "SOMEONE GO AND HELP HIM! But NO tricks!"

    Fimble... you're up.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble reacts without thinking, without even realizing what just happened to his friend.

    "EVERYONE! TO ME!" he shouts as he launches for the side of the wagon, letting his weapons drop as he runs and grabs on to the side. He pulls with all his might, hoping that others, with less diminutive frames, will rush to his aid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The coachmen holds on with all his might to attempt to hold the wagon as Fimble approaches. The wagon slides a little further.

    Fimble:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With a movement speed of 20, it takes two move actions to get there, which ends your turn.


    Cart Merchant 1:
    "I've got some rope!" Cries one of the drivers in the cart as he fumbles through his supplies. "Try to hold it long enough for me to set up a tow line!"

    Cart Merchant 2:
    The other Cart driving merchant hops off and runs to the wagon. "We need to unhook the horse and get him out of here!"

    Move: To E11
    Move: To B12
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gwen takes a moment to take in what is happening before deciding what to do. She starts moving towards the wagon crossbow in hand but stops behind another cart. "Shh" she says in a low voice to the to the merchant not stopping to make eye contact. She reaches out with her mind trying to pick up on any evil in the area, hoping to scope out the enemy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to J 11 and detecting evil
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Bandit 4:
    Crawls out from under the wagon and stands up, knocking his bow, but not drawing it.

    Move Action: D8
    Readied action: Shoot Felix if he charges.

    Bandit 3:
    "Should I come down?" He shouts to the bandits below.

    The bandit who just stood up shakes his head. "No... just stay up there and keep an eye out for funny business."

    "Okay."
    Spot: (1d20)[10]
    vs. anyone's hide or whatever.

    Cave Bandit 1: -3 HP
    Stabilizing Roll 1-10: (d%)[14]

    Cave Bandit 4:
    Seeing a dip in the action, he attempts to stabilize his friend.
    Heal: (1d20)[16]
    HP: (1d4)[4] (if successful)
    And stops his bleeding.

    New INIT:
    1. Bandit 2
    2. Oscar
    3. Merchants
    4. Bandit 1
    5. Mules
    6. Felix
    7. Wagons
    8. Fimble
    9. Carts
    10. Gwen
    11. Bandit 4 (3 HP)
    12. Bandit 3
    13. Cave Bandit 1 -3 HP
    14. Cave Bandit 4


    Bandit 2:
    Moves over to the wagon to help the driver unhitch the horse.

    Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-25 at 01:26 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Posting for Oscar:
    Oscar decides to conserve his spells for now.
    Action: Delay action until end of turn.

    Merchant 1 (Ollie):
    "Easy, Charlie... easy."
    Ollie's got his hands full trying to keep Charlie calm.
    Handle Animal: (1d20+5)[19]

    Merchant 2 (Richard):
    "Bah" he snorts, then continues to try to sneak away with his mule. He's no hero...
    Move Silently: (1d20)[1]
    Mule's Move Silently: (1d20+1)[6]

    Merchant 3 (Simon):
    "Come on now Sophie. Easy does it..."
    (1d20+5)[11]

    Bandit 1:
    Bandit 1 looks to his partners at the entrance of Foulmouth.

    "How's he doing?"

    The bandit near Foulmouth doesn't look up from his work treating the wounded. "He's banged up pretty bad, but he'll pull through."

    Bandit 1 nods. "Then let's get back to it. Start with the carts; I've got the peacock on the wagon here. He seems to be in charge of these stooges."

    (Will post Mules' actions when I get the roll results for the Handle Animal checks.)
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-26 at 10:23 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Bandit 3 points his bow and arrow at Richard. "And just where do you think your going?"

    Charlie seems to become a little more sane. He's accepting Ollie's touch and even receiving some treats. Sophie, on the other hand, maintains her aggressive attitude and lashes out at Simon.

    Attack: (1d20+4)[10]
    Damage: [roll]1d4+3[/rol]

    Go Felix.

    Old Battle Grid has been updated.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-26 at 10:44 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "I will help them too!"
    Says Felix and moves as if he was about to help Fimble, but for now stops at G9 and tries to hide behind the wagon from the archer Bandits
    (1d20+7)[16] Hide
    (1d20+5)[24] Move Silently (if needed)

    I wish the older monks taught me how to catch arrows before I left...

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    At this distance from the wall, Felix has cover from Bandit 3 as well and therefore doesn't spot any shenanigans he's about to pull.

    Bandit 1:
    Spot: (1d20)[14]
    Listen: Automatic Fail

    Bandit 4:
    Spot: (1d20)[19]
    Listen: Automatic Fail

    Bandit 3:
    Spot: (1d20)[2]
    Listen: Automatic Fail

    Wagons:
    Jarvis really can't do much.

    The wagon beside the cliff makes a huge "CACHUNK!" sound as the rear left wheel looses its perch. The wagon lands hard on the axle, and the whole wagon lurches. However, at least it has stopped sliding for now. The ground around the ledge is still very crumbly and the horse is getting quite scared. Too much sudden motion, or a quick shift in weight inside the wagon could cause the whole thing to tip over the cliff side.

    Fimble, you're up.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Get a rope on this cart right now! And start pulling!"

    Realizing that he can do a lot more with the horse than the heavy wagon, Fimble moves forward, edging past the people in front of him.
    "Grab the rope, everyone! Nobody's gonna benefit from a cart off the wall."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+3)[7]

    Fimble approaches the horse sideways, calling out to her sweetly to alert her to his presence before grabbing her reins and trying to calm her enough to drag her away from the cliff.
    "Calm down, sweetheart. That's it. I'm gonna grab your reins and get you right away from this cliff, you hear. Come on, now."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Handle animal: (1d20+5)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Circumstance bonus to Diplomacy since everyone there is already interested getting this horse and wagon off the ledge.


    Between you and the Cart Merchant, you finished unhooking the horse from the wagon. The horse is grateful for the sagging weight that was pulling on him and is snorting softly.

    Cart 1:
    Heads over with the rope and sets up a tow line, running from the wagon to his cart and the other cart, then hops back into his cart. "Come on friend! Get back into your cart. We'll tow this thing. Together on three!"

    Readied Action: Move when Cart 2 Moves

    Cart 2 (Merchant):
    Hustles back over to his cart. "Clear a way!" He shouts to the merchants tending their mules.
    Move: Double Move to get back to cart.
    Gwen, you're up.

    Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  15. - Top - End - #345
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Okay Fimble is right there so I'm sure he handle that bandit there so that means if Felix and I can deal with the other two Jarvis is safe and we will have gained an advantage." Gwen thinks watching the merchants moving to save the wagon. She nods to herself figuring out what she'll do. She walks towards the cart and the merchants carefully holding her crossbow in one hand trying to keep it behind her back so the bandit doesn't notice it. She stops short of the cart again and keeps her focus on the evil aura.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to H11
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Bluff: (1d20+2)[11]
    Intimidate: (1d20+2)[15][/INDENT]


    Bandit 4:
    Notices that Felix has disappeared behind the wagon. "Hey... where are you going? Stay where I can see you!"

    Cave Bandit 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going out of Initiative, due to being unconscious.


    Cave Bandit 4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decides not to loot the carts first, since they are busy towing the wagon. Instead, he calls into the cave, "Hey! Cowards! Get your arses back out here! All that shouting was a bluff! There're no reinforcements and we've pretty much got this under control!"


    Oscar, you're up.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-09-30 at 11:28 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  17. - Top - End - #347
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Damn, we gotta deal with this and quickly" Gwen thinks as the bandits call for more reinforcements.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    POSTING FOR OSCAR:
    Oscar continues to watch the scene unfurl itself, while he formulates a brilliant strategy to get them all out alive.

    Bandit 2:
    After seeing that the horse is safe and the wagon looks like it will be safely pulled out, he moves out of the way and pulls out his bow again.

    Move: C11 to B13 (Provokes AoO)
    Move: Draw Weapon

    Merchant 1:
    Ollie guides Charlie next to the fallen bandit to get out of the way of the towing team.
    Move: N11 to M8
    Mule (Charlie): O10:P11 to N7:O8

    Merchant 2:
    Freezes mid-march when he hears the threat from the archer. "Um... I was just trying to get out of the way of the towing team, is all." Bandit 2 smirks a bit and retorts, "Well that's quite far enough I should think. Take another step and I'll drop you."

    Richard looks visibly shaken. His lip is sweating as he looks around desperately for some help or method of escape. "Damnit man... do something!" He whispers to Oscar. "Please!"

    Merchant 3:
    Is still struggling with his mule. "Please Sophie! You've got to calm down."
    Handle Animal: (1d20+5)[18]
    It seems the first break Simon gets all day, as Sophie finally begins to cooperate.

    Bandit 1:
    Waits patiently for the other wagon to be dragged to safety. In the meantime, he's still got his arrow drawn, but not tightly anymore.

    Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Felix's turn.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-10-01 at 12:49 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix tries to sneak closer to the bandits and then disarm one of them.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If possible he would sneak under the wagon to E9 and disarm the bandit in D8.

    Move silently (1d20+5)[15]

    Attack (opposite) (1d20-2)[14]

    (If it is impossible to disarm, but possible to trip then)
    Attack (touch) (1d20+2)[7]
    opposite check (1d20-2)[7]


    Felix (who is riding the combat-trained riding dog) becomes a mounted fighter and charges on Alfie at bandit in E8.
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-10-02 at 05:24 PM.

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar had simply watched the seen unfold, but all the while his mind was racing as he tried to figure out a plan. Realizing that the situation was almost hopelessly out of control, he raises his hands and tries a bit of diplomacy as he walks toward the precariously perched wagon. He slowly walks while saying, "Let us all try to remain calm." and addressing the bandit with his bow drawn on the merchant, "There is no reason for more blood to be shed. I am going to examine the wagon, as I believe I have a spell that will help. It simply will make the object easier to lift, though I will need to be close to work it. If i save the wagon, you increase your spoils. Otherwise, its a long trip for the shattered remains..."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Oscar will only move if the bandits seem to be open to it, if ordered to stop he will stop and continue his diplomacy
    Moving to D11, which should take me 2/3 rounds.
    Here is a diplomacy check (1d20+2)[3]
    Not sure if I need a bluff check, as technically the enlarge person spell does make the object easier to lift, indirectly. (1d20+1)[20]
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charging is possible.


    Strength Check Result: 10
    Bandit 1 notices your attack in time to deflect the blow, but that only distracts him from the very real threat of Alfie, who takes a mean chunk out of his calf. The bandit comes crashing down with a yelp as the dog thrashes at his leg.

    Bandit 1 is Prone

    Wagons:
    Jarvis sees his moment and springs into action, and pounces Bandit 4 (D8) with all the strength he can muster.
    BTW: Jarvis is "Buzzed" (+1 CHA, +2 temp HP, +1 Save vs. Fear, -1 WIS, -1 DEX)

    "Rapscallions!" He shouts as he plunges his weight onto Bandit 4:

    1. Grapple:
    2. AoO: Bandit 4's eyes pop open in surprise, but he manages to lash out with a defensive left hook to the temples.
      Attack Roll Result: Nat 1
      Which swings wide, overbalancing the beleaguered bandit.
    3. Grab: Jarvis latches onto Bandit 4's throat with both hands, "Take that!" he shrieks with all his rage.
      Melee Touch Attack Result: 12
    4. Hold: and crashes into him with a flurry of bright colors and crescendoing jingly sounds.
      Jarvis's Grapple Check Result: 21
      Bandit 4's Grapple Check Result: 15
      Damage Result: 2
      Maintiain: Jarvis is sharing a square with Bandit 4 in D8


    Wagon 2 is still helpless and being drug away from the crumbling rock.

    Fimble's turn.

    Initiative:
    1. Bandit 2 (4 HP)
    2. Merchants
    3. Bandit 1 (2 HP)
    4. Mules
    5. Felix
    6. Wagons
    7. Fimble
    8. Carts
    9. Gwen
    10. Bandit 4 (1 HP)
    11. Bandit 3
    12. Cave Bandit 1 (-3 HP)
    13. Cave Bandit 4
    14. Oscar


    Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-10-10 at 12:52 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  22. - Top - End - #352
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "WOULD EVERYONE JUST STOP FIGH... Oh, for the... NEVERMIND!"
    Fimble draws his hammer, steps in front of the closest bandit, and smashes his knee in.

    Spoiler
    Show
    draw - 5' step to B12 - attack as two-handed at bandit B13:
    Attack (1d20+4)[18]
    Dmg (1d6+3)[5]
    If crit (1d20+4)[11]
    If crit hit (2d6+6)[13]


    Spoiler
    Show
    Can Fimble see if the bandit he is attacking is evil?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Bandit 2 howls in pain and reaches for his crushed kneecap.

    The carts plod onward in spite of the chaos, and drag the cart away from the cliff.

    Gwen, you're up.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  24. - Top - End - #354
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gwen, pleased that the action has resumed, continues her route towards Javis and the bandits. "Felix, duck!" Gwen shouts letting another bolt fly towards the nearest bandit. She smiles as the arrow finds its target.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to I8
    Attack (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage (1d10)[4]
    Detect evil is still going.
    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-10-10 at 12:45 AM.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gwen's bolt thuds into the prone bandit's stomach, who curls up into the fetal position, grasping at the shaft as blood runs freely from his newest wound.

    Bandit 1 is dying:
    Stabilizing Roll (1-10): (d%)[60]

    Bandit 4:
    Bandit 4's eyes bulge and his face turns beat red as he struggles to pry Jarvis's hands from his throat. Desperate for air, Bandit 4 takes a knee to Jarvis's groin.

    Attack Roll Result: 14
    Damage Roll Result: 5

    Air explodes from Jarvis's lungs and he grimaces in pain. "AAAAHHHHHhhh! You... BAStard!"

    Bandit 3:
    Knocks another one and aims for Gwen
    Attack Roll Result: 12

    But the arrow glances off her "armor".

    Cave Bandit 1:
    Still lying there. "Don't leave me!" He begs Cave Bandit 4.

    Cave Bandit 4:
    "I'll be right back." Cave Bandit 4 charges up to Gwen, thrusting his spear at her back.

    Attack Roll Result: 17
    But also cannot penetrate Gwen's defenses.

    Oscar, you are up.

    Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-10-10 at 02:12 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Having heard the sounds of battle, the clean shaven half elf watched what was going on from the north, staying silent for now. He spat at the ground, these bandits were always causing trouble like this. The caravan guards looked like they could use some help.

    Noticing one of the downed bandits from the cave being left alone by his companion, the elf smirked. He charges down the slope, leaping down gracefully, each fall recovered by a quick roll or hop. He leaps down from the ledge above the cave, drawing a pair of shurikens incase he needs them, landing ontop of the man and kicking his heal against the man's temple. He looks back into the cave, knowing there will be more bandits soon, though it should take them a few seconds to near the entrance.
    OOC Desc FoUT:
    Dhra Gruut, Male Mintauran, seven feet tall and covered in a greying hair, long grey twisting horns jut from his skull toward his rear, adding another foot to his height; has a long grey and black beard that drifts down from his chin. His eyes are a deep green and he regularly adds marking to his body as he casts. Carries several short spears on his back. Small pouches attach to his waist, smelling of balms. On his arms a pair of leather bracers embedded with quartz.

  27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Seeing his comrades engaged in fierce battle, Oscar rushes to get to their sides glancing about to see if any more bandits were scurrying in the jagged rocks.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Seeing as all I have is a stick, Oscar will uselessly head into battle...I'm not so great with the all the diagonal or moving through occupied squares rules. So use a double movement action to get me as close to Gwen bandit preferably between him and one of the merchants. Sorry for not being exact. Also a spot check for sneaking bandits Spot two in case thee slash goes the other way (1d20)[8]
    And a listen check
    (1d20)[7]
    Last edited by Jungian; 2012-10-10 at 05:56 PM.
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar sees or hears nothing particularly notable, except for Feddin, who comes skipping down the mountain and plows Bandit 1 in the head. Bandit 1 falls back unconscious again as blood begins to trickle from his ear.

    Oscar:
    To K8 (Oscar and Gwen are flanking Cave Bandit 4)

    Bandit 2:
    Lashes out with a knee to Fimble's face.

    Fimble's AoO Result: 14
    Damage: 7

    Who gets a gnome hook-hammer to the gut for his effort. You can hear the cracking of ribs and a horrible odor emanates from Bandit 2 as he drops to the ground in anguish.

    Bandit 2 is dying. Stabilizing Roll Result (1-10): 72

    Merchants 1-3:
    don't move, so shaken are they by the sudden turn of events.

    Bandit 1:
    Stabilizing Roll Results: 60

    Mules:
    Stay where they are, but aren't too happy that things are getting out of hand again.

    Felix, you're up.

    Initiative:
    1. Feddin
    2. Bandit 2 (-3 HP Unstable)
    3. Merchants
    4. Bandit 1 (-3 HP Unstable)
    5. Mules
    6. Felix
    7. Wagons
    8. Fimble
    9. Carts
    10. Gwen
    11. Bandit 4 (1 HP)
    12. Bandit 3
    13. Cave Bandit 1 (-4 HP, Unstable)
    14. Cave Bandit 4
    15. Oscar


    Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-10-11 at 10:20 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't find anything about attacking grappled opponents from outside, so I will change it if it doesn't work as normal.
    ...I also assume I can be in the same square as unconscious opponent.


    "Good! Get the next one Alfie!"
    Felix rides Alfie over the fallen bandit to help his employer in the fight.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ride (DC 5) (1d20+5)[10]
    5ft step to E8
    Full Attack
    1. attack (1d20)[16]
    damage (1d4+1)[3]
    2. attack (1d20)[2]
    damage (1d4+1)[5]

    Alfie attack (Ride DC 10) (1d20+5)[21]
    attack (1d20+3)[20]
    damage (1d6+3)[4]

    ... I am not sure if enemy can be tripped when grappled (without pulling down the merchant), if yes:
    Opposed trip (1d20+2)[22]


    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    While Bandit 4 retracts his knee from Jarvis's groin, he suffers a painful blow to his balancing knee. You here the wet popping sound of a snapped ligament, and the bandit crumples to the ground, causing Felix's second attack to catch air. But Alfie pounces the Bandit with a fury, tearing at Bandit 4's neck.

    Jarvis releases his grip from the Bandit as he falls, and thrusts a celebratory arm in the air. "ha HA! We showed him!" He offers a satisfied grin at Felix, then looks around for more trouble. "Let me at 'em! I'll show these wastrels a thing or two!"

    Bandit 4 is dying.
    Stabilizing roll result (1-10): 39

    Carts:
    After the merchants in the carts finish pulling the wagon to safety, they duck for cover.

    Cave Bandit 4, surrounded by Oscar and Gwen and watching his friends die all around him, shouts "We surrender!" his voice cracking a bit from the fear and desperation.

    Initiative:
    1. Feddin
    2. Bandit 2 (-3 HP, Unstable)
    3. Merchants
    4. Bandit 1 (-3 HP, Unstable)
    5. Mules
    6. Felix
    7. Wagons
    8. Fimble
    9. Carts
    10. Gwen
    11. Bandit 4 (-6 HP, Unstable)
    12. Bandit 3
    13. Cave Bandit 1 (-4 HP, Unstable)
    14. Cave Bandit 4
    15. Oscar


    Battle Grid in thread #358 is updated.
    Gwen, you're up.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-10-13 at 01:08 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •