Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 657
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Jarvis:
    Jarvis raises an eyebrow when Bandit 4 gives up, and keeps a boot to Bandit 4's throat.

    Delay Init until end of the round.

    Fimble:
    Fimble hears the bandits plea and moves into position to accept some terms.

    Double Move: B12 to J10

    He shouts up to the archer above, "Your man has surrendered! I'm prepared to accept. Drop your bow or no other offers of quarter will be given!"

    The archer bandit doesn't drop his bow, nor does he draw. He seems to be struggling with some inner debate.

    The cart merchants remain under cover.

    Gwen... for real, this time. You're up.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack (1d20-1)[12]
    Damage (1d10)[7]
    Miss Chance (d%)[48]

    "He said drop the bow!" Gwen shouts up at the bandit, when he doesn't drop it she reloads her crossbow and takes aim. "You asked for it" she says under her breath and lets an expertly aimed bolt fly. It finds it mark in his shoulder and the bandit drops his bow in agony. "That was more effective then I thought it would be." Gwen thinks a little surprised.

    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-10-15 at 08:03 PM.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    While Bandit 3 (The Archer on the Ridge) considers Fimble's offer, he sees Gwen line up a shot, and he quickly draws.

    Disarm:
    1. AoO: 5
    2. Opposed Attack Roll: 15

    But the shot goes wide and the arrow plunges into the dirt at Gwen's feet. Gwen's bolt shears into Bandit 3's shoulder, causing him to drop the bow, which bounces against the side of the cliff wall to the ledge below.

    Bandit 4:
    Stabilizing Roll: 10 (Stabilized)

    Bandit 4 coughs a bit and some blood spurts out. He rolls over a bit, but doesn't do much else.

    Bandit 3:
    With his arm badly wounded and his primary weapon now 15' below his reach, he clutches his shoulders, and grits his teeth in pain. "Fine! We surrender! I'm unarmed!"

    Cave Bandit 1:
    Stabilizing Roll: 3 (Stabilized)

    Cave Bandit 1's breathing becomes steady again and he issues a low moan.

    Cave Bandit 2:
    Comes back out of the cave in time to hear Bandit 3 issue the surrender. He sees the bald monk standing over his badly beaten comrade and raises his arms.

    Cave Bandit 3:
    Cave Bandit 3 begins to pop his head out of the cave, but stays mostly in it's shadows.

    Cave Bandit 4:
    Ducks as soon as the firing between Bandit 3 and Gwen starts. "Idiot! You could've shot me!" he shouts to the archer on the cliff side.

    Oscar, you're up.

    Initiative:
    1. Feddin
    2. Bandit 2 (-3 HP, Unstable)
    3. Merchants
    4. Bandit 1 (-3 HP, Unstable)
    5. Mules
    6. Felix
    7. Wagons
    8. Fimble
    9. Carts
    10. Gwen
    11. Bandit 4 (-6 HP, Stable)
    12. Bandit 3 (2 HP)
    13. Cave Bandit 1 (-4 HP, Stable)
    14. Cave Bandit 2
    15. Cave Bandit 3
    16. Cave Bandit 4
    17. Oscar
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-10-15 at 08:51 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar eyes the archer on the ridge noting his gaping wound, Quite painful. To the gathered bandits, "If you would please relieve yourselves of any weapons by tossing them to us below, sheathed pleased, and proceed down the cliff in an orderly fashion, we will allow you to administer aid to your comrades."
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The remaining bandits who can still stand, and have seen what Gwen will do without prompt cooperation, drop their weapons instantly and raise their hands in the air.

    Out of Initiative, unless someone attacks.

    XP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • 450 XP each, to all except Gordid/Feddin.
    • Feddin gets 150 XP for the assist.
    • Jarvis gets 150 XP for the assist.
    • RPXP will be PM'd to your privately.


    "That b**** shot my arm! Now, how do you propose I climb down?" the bandit up on the cliff's ledge yells down.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "I am sure one of your friends would help you. Just don't swear. This is rude and might result in another arrow..."

    Felix tries to help everyone at this point. Starting from merchants, checking if the wagon is still falling, checking if anyone is hurt and helping to stabilize the bandits. He helps collecting their weapons and pack them on Jarvis wagon.

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "It is a pretty bad idea to insult the one that can still hold a bow." Gwen says as she loads another bolt, just incase. "Everyone in our party alright? I can help with healing, or I could keep an eye on these guys" Gwen offers.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "I think I will manage."
    Says Felix as he removes arrow from his leg and bandages it afterwards.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled OOC

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Seeing Felix's wound give an extra gush after removing the arrow Gwen decided to lend a hand. "Here hold this," she says carefully handing the crossbow to the nearest healthy merchant. "Keep an eye on them for a moment."

    She heads over to Felix and says
    "This is sometimes easier with an extra hand or two. You keep pressure on it and I'll bandage it." She binds the wound, and helps Felix back up to a stand. "That should help at least a bit," she says before returning to the merchant to take her crossbow back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing (1d4)[1] health!
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The monk stared at the one Bandit in the cave, flipping a shuriken across his fingers. He sneers, pointing the other at the bandit. "Give me a reason." The monk made no efforts to approach the others and announce himself, choosing to wait till they spoke to him.
    OOC Desc FoUT:
    Dhra Gruut, Male Mintauran, seven feet tall and covered in a greying hair, long grey twisting horns jut from his skull toward his rear, adding another foot to his height; has a long grey and black beard that drifts down from his chin. His eyes are a deep green and he regularly adds marking to his body as he casts. Carries several short spears on his back. Small pouches attach to his waist, smelling of balms. On his arms a pair of leather bracers embedded with quartz.

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble stood for a moment, a little shocked that he was actually still alive. He then slowly moved over to Jarvis.

    "So, Jarvis, what do we do with these guys?" he said quietly, not wanting this to be up for open debate including bandit votes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect evil on all remaining bandits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The bandit mutters something, most likely unpleasant, as he searches for a route down.

    "I-I don't know how to use... I mean do I just?" the nervous merchant gasps as he puts a finger on the trigger of the crossbow that Gwen hands him. He kind of looks around for reassurance while Gwen helps heal Felix.

    The other bandits watch the elven monk nervously. One of them licks his lips, and eyes your shurikens, but makes no other moves.

    To the others in the group, it's clear that the bandits and the monk know each other already.

    Jarvis breathes a heavy sigh. "Well, they should be brought to the proper authorities, but frankly, we don't have time to backtrack, and I've no intention of dragging them along with me to Luskan, which is more or less a town of thieves anyway. Taking their weapons from them would certainly declaw them for a while at least and seems the more viable option. Their hideout may provide a boon or two that could be... efficacious." He bites his lips greedily. "After all... their attack has resulted in the death of a comrade. We should rid them of any assets that would help them resupply and re-equip... for the good of the people, of course. I'd be more than happy to help you sell in Luskan what treasures you find in that cave... for a," he touches his fingertips to his thumb and makes a puff sound with his mouth, then opens his hands in a gentle motion, like dust flying from a breeze "tiny share of the profit." He smiles warmly at Fimble and nods, eyes wide and expectant.

    "He's gone!" the merchant with the crossbow shouts and accidentally pulls the trigger, launching a bolt low, causing it to crack into a tree root on the cliff side. He jumps as the bolt is fired and fumbles with the crossbow, nearly dropping it to the ground before grabbing hold of the stock. He then hands it sheepishly to Gwen.

    You look up and notice that the bandit on the cliff side has disappeared.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Thank you Gwen, I guess bandaging someone is a bit easier than trying it on myself." Felix says, blushing... but only a little, because of blood loss.

    "Okay now, to every bandit here. Drop your weapons to the ground then go there... He points a place far away from dropped weapons but still quite close to the group. ... and kneel, with your hands on your necks... and don't try anything stupid again."

    He collects the weapons and takes some time to check if the bandits gave up all hidden knives and such.

    "Taking their resources? Yes it could work..."
    Felix get's closer to the cave, to look for any stolen treasures. As he walks by the elven monk he stops for a moment to say "Thank you for your help, mister. I am Felix Lynn, how can I call you?"

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Its the angles I thi-" Gwen starts till she processes what the merchant said. "Wait gone?! Sh***! Did you see where he disappeared to?" She asks moving towards where the missing bandit was drawing her trident.

    "Wrong move orc brains" she says under her breath looking for him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot (1d20+2)[6]
    Listen (1d20+2)[20]
    Looking/ listening where the merchant says if he is helpful at all about that.
    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-10-19 at 05:27 PM.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The monk glances up the cliff and comments to Felix without looking at him, his tone a bit rude. "If you must call me by anything, the bandits know me as Feddin." With that he glances up the hill and points at the cave bandits. "Watch them."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Climb: (1d20+3)[18] Any circumstance bonus from knowing this cave? this probably isn't the first time Feddin has climbed up it.
    Spot: (1d20+1)[2]
    Listen: (1d20+1)[6]


    He should have little trouble climbing up the side of the slope, using roots and handholds that he knows are there. He reaches the top and looks around for the bandit that is trying to run for it with his injury.
    Last edited by Croverus; 2012-10-19 at 06:55 PM.
    OOC Desc FoUT:
    Dhra Gruut, Male Mintauran, seven feet tall and covered in a greying hair, long grey twisting horns jut from his skull toward his rear, adding another foot to his height; has a long grey and black beard that drifts down from his chin. His eyes are a deep green and he regularly adds marking to his body as he casts. Carries several short spears on his back. Small pouches attach to his waist, smelling of balms. On his arms a pair of leather bracers embedded with quartz.

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble keeps a close watch on the bandits.
    "I suppose we could do that. As long as everyone gets treated fairly."
    He adresses the bandits subsequently.
    "You heard the nice monk with the deadly fists. Get on your knees and put arms on your necks. Now."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    @Gwen:
    You can't see or hear anything that would give away useful information.

    @Feddin:
    You manage to scramble up the cliffside via the shortest path possible, and are hanging from the ledge at L3.

    "You know better, Feddin. He's gone," says Cave Bandit 2 (N5). You can see the bow that the bandit dropped, and there is still another 15' to climb to get to where he was.

    @Fimble:
    The bandits scowl at the dangerous little gnome, but begrudgingly comply.

    Loot:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each bandit carried a dagger in their boots. They wore lightweight, leather armor and bore similar weapons. The archers fought with short bows, and the raiders from the cave preferred short swords or spears. The bandits from the cave are also wearing dark brown cloaks of decent quality.

    You find 7 daggers, 7 leather armor outfits, 3 short bows, 4 short swords and 4 spears, as well as 4 cloaks. There's no apparent treasure on them, presumably because they can store everything they need in the caves.


    Meanwhile:
    Bandit 2 and 1 don't look so good.
    Sabilizing Rolls: (d%)[71], (d%)[88]
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Sighs, gathering the bow then taking his time to get down. "They're right. The caves are like a rat's nest with tunnels criss crossing these mountains. Where are yuo heading?"
    OOC Desc FoUT:
    Dhra Gruut, Male Mintauran, seven feet tall and covered in a greying hair, long grey twisting horns jut from his skull toward his rear, adding another foot to his height; has a long grey and black beard that drifts down from his chin. His eyes are a deep green and he regularly adds marking to his body as he casts. Carries several short spears on his back. Small pouches attach to his waist, smelling of balms. On his arms a pair of leather bracers embedded with quartz.

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Luskan... Felix looks around their somehow diminished forces Would we make it without him?
    ...do you want to come with us?"


    Then he notices the two bandits still unconscious and bleeding out.
    "Oscar, would you be so kind and help me to patch them up?"
    Spoiler
    Show

    Assuming 'take 10' for Oscar to Aid Another on Felix, and Felix 'taking 10' on heal, he auto-passes DC 15.
    (1d4)[1]
    (1d4)[3]

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Of course". Rolling up his sleeves carefully, Oscar proceeds to compress and wrap the various wounds of the bandits at Felix's instructions. As the work proceeded Oscar says, "I believe entering the caves would be foolish. Unfamiliar terrain is a serious disadvantage, as is not knowing the extent of their forces. Mister Feddin's analogy is quite apt at describing the complexity of the tunnels."
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "I agree." Fimble says, eyeing the bandits closely. "We might run into another ambush, and we can't watch the carts at the same time.
    Feddin, was it? You're very welcome to join us. We could use a guide here."


    Seeing the bandits comply, Fimble relaxes slightly, "That's good. Don't worry, we are not oathbreakers. You will all make it out of here just fine."

    He then adresses the merchants.
    "Would you care to load the weapons and armor onto your carts? If nothing else goes awry, we'll be out of here soon enough."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The merchants are eager to get out of here, and plunge into the task, rounding up the equipment and tossing them into carts or tying them to pack mules. Jarvis seems content with his old trusty crossbow, but you notice him pick up a dagger and grin. The he shoves it into his belt. "Looks rather dashing, I think." He says before he climbs back into his wagon.

    "It's a pity. The bandits keep a small fortune in tolls hidden somewhere in those caves. Still, you're right. We're in quite a rush."
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gwen lingers for a moment frustrated by the bandit's disappearance before heading back to the group. Unhappy to leave bandits with a pile of loot and assumably back up weapons free to continue terrorizing merchants but she didn't really know of a better option either so she remained quiet.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar wanders back to Maximillian gentle patting the mule on his side, "I admire your steadfastness in the face of chaos. A true credit to your kind." Seating himself on the cart once more, he gazes about as the merchants finish their preparations for departure. Hearing Jarvis comment, Oscar can't help but say, "It is quite an accessory, though I believe a saber would compliment your outfit a bit more."

    Noting Ms.Gwen's silence, he pats the bench next to him and says, "Would you care to join me on our travels again Ms.Gwen? I could use the company and protection...As my arcane repertoire is mostly depleted."
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Okay then, I think I will take a bow, if nobody minds that.
    ... I remember that my brother taught me how to use it when I was a kiddo. It is not the same as good old sling, but the effective distance is better from what I remember... and we might need it."


    Spoiler
    Show

    Is Bandits short bow, a long bow for Felix (being small and all)
    Would he find at least 20 arrows?


    Felix looks around warily, watching the bandits and when all the weapon packing action is finished, he addresses Feddin once again.
    "So, are you coming? It seems we are ready to go, and we will easily find a spot for you on one of the wagons."

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "That would be nice." Gwen says trying to improve her attitude. She collects her crossbow and climbs up into the cart next to Oscar.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    He contemplates, sizing up the group then looking at the bandits. It had been a while since one of their ambushes had ended so disasterously. He could probably leave the area, at least for a while. "Very well. I needed to go to town to get supplies in any case, might as well travel with a group. We should keep an eye out for future ambushes. These bandits are vindictive." Pauses to look at the one standing at the cavnern entrance, making a sudden move as if to throw his shuriken, then smirking and putting them away.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Unnecessary Intimidate check to make the bandit flinch!
    (1d20)[11]
    OOC Desc FoUT:
    Dhra Gruut, Male Mintauran, seven feet tall and covered in a greying hair, long grey twisting horns jut from his skull toward his rear, adding another foot to his height; has a long grey and black beard that drifts down from his chin. His eyes are a deep green and he regularly adds marking to his body as he casts. Carries several short spears on his back. Small pouches attach to his waist, smelling of balms. On his arms a pair of leather bracers embedded with quartz.

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The bandit in the shadows backpedals when Feddin bluffs the attack, and he trips over a rock.

    The other bandit scowls at Feddin once his comrade hits the dirt. "A shame to see ya go, but don't hurry back on our account." He offers a snaky grin at the end of his sentence.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Now you listen here!" Fimble shouts, pointing his finger aggressively. "We could have killed every one of you, and with good right. The penalty for robbery is the noose, you all know this! See this as an opportunity to change your lives. With what wealth you may have amassed, you can find steady work and make an honest living."
    Fimble's voice rings clear out into the valley, calmly now.
    "I promise you this: You can't live a long and successful life as a highwayman. Eventually you will run into someone less lenient than us. Think about how close you came to death today. Think about it.
    Oh, and if we ever see you here again, you will not live to see the sunrise."


    With that Fimble mounts his noble Sugarcane, and rides off with the others into the sunset.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The bandit with the snaky grin, scowls at Fimble, but says nothing in return as the paladin mounts and leaves.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •