Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 657
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fanter sighed softly to himself, knowing that if the little scamp bolted for it in his home territory they'd never find him again. The half-elf looked around the streets, trying find a side street that looked like it would let him circle around and cut the cutpurse off from running.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hide Check (1d20+1)[18]

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Cloudsmeet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Terlew, meanwhile, is completely oblivious, alternatively grumbling at the sameness of large towns and perking up at the thought of the Dragon's Den as a possibility later that day. She neither hears nor sees the kerfuffle.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[2]

    Just rolling to see whether I actually hear this going on, since I most certainly did not see it happen. Will edit to reflect the roll.
    Last edited by Cloudsmeet; 2012-05-28 at 08:21 AM.
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix thinks for a moment and decides to follow. Not the child but his friends, in case they would need help with thieves older friend... although he doesn't think the situation is dire enough to hurry.

    Spoiler
    Show

    In case of battle Felix would join 1 round later

    Hide- if needed
    (1d20+7)[10]

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble looks around for any sort of guard-like types to alert.
    "We have to head him off now," he says to those nearby.
    "If he gets into the beggar's district up ahead he's gone.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fimble finds any watchmen he will shout "Stop the thief!" and chase after the kid, full speed.
    If not, he will wait for a better moment.
    Spot: (1d20+1)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    For those chasing the kid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The child begins to pick up his pace, trying not to look like he's in a hurry, then just before he ducks into an alley, he hears Fimble shout to the guard, and jumps nearly out of his skin.

    Looking back with a terrified gasp he charges, full tilt, down the winding alleyways towards Beggar's Nest.

    You lose sight of him, but can hear him grunt, "OOF!" Then a much lower, more gravelly voice saying, "'Ello... wot we got 'ere."

    "Heh heh... l-looks l-like the p-poor little d-dear lost his way."

    "Whoa mate! Lookit wot tha brats got on 'im!"

    "Mph! Let go! Give that back!" You hear a crashing sound and the boy cries out in agony. When you round the corner you can see the darkened silhouettes of a large humanoid, either ridiculously disfigured or not entirely human, and a smaller cloaked figure standing behind him. The child writhes in the corner and then lays very still.


    For those of you still at the hotel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A tall bull of a man stands behind the lobby room counter, smiling. Age has whitened his full head of hair and finely trimmed beard, but does little to hide the strength of the corded muscles under leathery skin. The fine suit he wears doesn't look right on him, and he fidgets with it a bit as he nods to you in deference.

    The man at the door clears his throat. "May I take your hats and coats, madams and sirs?" He asks in a shaky voice.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-28 at 05:26 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    An abrupt thank is all that escapes Oscar as he briskly walks to the counter. He eyes the man up and down once, before saying, "Hello good sir. I would like to inquire about your availabilities and rates for this fine evening."

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Does the suit appear ill fitted to Oscar?
    Last edited by Jungian; 2012-05-28 at 09:16 PM.
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Meanwhile... at the hotel:

    The large man dips a quill into some ink and begins scribbling some notes. Even using his most polite tone, his voice still rumbles out his greeting like the sound of a timpani. "Hello to you as well. For a gentlemen such as yourself, I assume you would prefer one of our Deluxe suites as opposed to a standard room? It has a large bed, extra cushions, a wardrobe, fireplace, stocked bar, and of course full service. We also have a Nobleman's Suite with servant quarters as well if that suits your needs better."
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    " All those sound lovely, but how many rooms are available for tonight? I'm currently traveling with eight companions. They had some rather...urgent business in the city, but I'm sure their business will be concluded shortly. Though I do have a question about your suit." Oscar looks the man over again, his eyes stopping at tight hems and ragged seams, "Sir, you cannot be comfortable in such an ill fitted suit." He gestures to the shoulders and arms, "You need at least another finger in the shoulder, and your left sleeve hem is entirely to short. I have some prior experience preforming minor alterations, I could easily finish this in the time it would take my companions to return. "

    I must save this suit. A single sneeze and the entire suit is ruined...
    Last edited by Jungian; 2012-05-28 at 10:17 PM.
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fanter slows to a more dignified pace and turns the corner towards the boy's voice, sighing that getting back his master's coin purse had become even more complicated. He hadn't been in Neverwinter for an hour and already he was about to ruin his clothes with a brawl in an alleyway.

    "Excuse me, gentlemen, but unless the Neverwinter City Guard are in very hard times indeed, I don't think you have the right to punish that child. He has something that belongs to my master, and I'll thank you to leave quickly and quietly. You'll have to leave that child's stolen goods, I'm afraid, but you will get to keep your dignity, and that's worth more than a handful of coins."

    Fanter gives the two figures another cursory appraisal, arching one slender eyebrow above his spectacles.

    "Probably, in any case."

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    At the Hotel:

    Spoiler
    Show
    The giant of a man ruffles a bit at the comment and blushes slightly. "My... uh... my apologies. My, my daughter made..." He scratches his head, a bit uneasy, and some stitches stretch from the effort.

    "Daddy, where are the fresh linens?" A young lady glides up to the burly man from a secret entrance in the walls and notices the group. "Oh! We have new guests! Pardon me," she curtsies and smiles demurely. "It can wait."

    "Hrm hrm. As I was saying. My daughter made it for me. It's her first attempt. Quite nice isn't, it?" He turns to his daughter and stammers, "This gentlemen happens to be a tailor, and was commenting on the... quality... of the suit you made for me."

    This time, it's the girl's turn to blush. "Oh! Well thank you, sir. I'm flattered."

    Before she has time to say anymore he whispers to her, "Extra linens are being stored in the cellar. Hurry along, lass." After it becomes clear that the lady is out of earshot, he turns back to Oscar, with an apologetic look on his face. Speaking softly, he leans in and whispers. "I-it would break her heart. She's been trying very hard ever since her mother fell ill. When the timing is better suited, I wouldn't mind hearing your price."

    Then, straightening up, he returns to business. "We should have enough room to accommodate you all, but we won't have enough Nobleman's Suites for each of you. We only have two of those available."

    Back at the alley:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A wheezing guard joins up with you as Fanter begins negotiating with the silhouetted men. "What?! What's going on?!"

    The big man and his cloaked companion look at each other, then look at Fanter on one side of the alley then back to the growing crowd of armed busybody's on the other and do some easy math. "It's the guards! Let's go!" They turn and charge toward Fanter, the big guy leading first.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Overrun Attempt:
    1. AoO: Fantor please make an Attack of Opportunity
    2 and 3. Avoid or Block: Fanter may chose to simply stand aside or attempt to block.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-29 at 02:29 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "I suggest you gents stop right now!" Gwen shouts to the men charging Fanter and she pulls her trident out ready to fight. She sets her feet firmly and a frown on her face.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar couldn't help but smile at the miss. As she went to fetch fresh linens, and when she is out of ear shot he says, "I must say, you have a lovely daughter sir. She is also quite a talented seamstress apparently." He looks over the suit once more, "Yes for a first attempt this is quite amazing. My first attempts at a suit produced several frocks. She should explore her talent, with more experience she could produce some truly wonderful work."

    As the tall man's tale continues Oscar eyes soften, "I'm sorry to hear that sir, I pray for her full recovery. As for the price, consider it gratis. What are the rates per night for the standard and the two suites?" After a moment, Oscar says, "Sir I'm truly sorry for my discourteous conduct,", with a slight decline of his head, "My name is Oscar Arceneau, and your name sir?
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The butler's normally polite eyes narrow behind the frames of his glasses and he tightens his grip on his shield. Even though the huge man is charging at him like a ton of greased boulders down a mountain, all Fanter can manage to think to himself is, Black hands, I don't want to get whatever's in this alley on my clothes.

    And then there is no more time to think. The man charges in, and Fanter braces himself and brings his brilliantly polished shield crashing forward to meet the brute.

    Combat
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack of Opportunity, Shield Bash:
    (1d20+5)[24]
    If Hits, Damage:
    (1d6+4)[8]

    Not moving out of the way seems like a fool's errand, but after jogging all the way here Fanter might as well try and stop him.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Seeing the atrocities committed to both a child and soon also the poor butler, Fimble's course is clear.

    He smartly drops the sap and pulls his hooked hammer from his belt readying himself to swing the hammer on the nearest thug, when they pass him and Fanter.


    "Halt, Evildoers!" he shouts with great power, eyes flashing with judicial rage.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied attack (smite evil): (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage if hit: (1d6+4)[9]
    If crit, then: (1d20+7)[12]
    Last edited by AshesOfOld; 2012-05-29 at 04:44 PM. Reason: honest mistake
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix was a bit behind others in this chase so he cannot help... at least not them.
    He crouches by the child and checks if there is anything he could do to help him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    [OoC]: Can anyone explain to me why Heal isn't a class skill for monks?
    Heal try
    (1d20+3)[16]

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Seeing the atrocities committed to both a child and soon also the poor butler, Fimble's course is clear.

    He charges the thugs with his sap, not wanting to give them a chance to slip away.

    "Halt, Evildoers!" he shouts with great power, eyes flashing with judicial rage.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge (smite evil): (1d20+9)[13]
    Dmg if hit: (1d4+4)[5]
    if crit: (1d20+9)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    At the Hotel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My name is Sir Durgen Grimshaw. My friends just call me Grim." He offers a large hairy hand to shake. "And thank you for your sympathy. It's a pleasure to meet you. Honor demands that I pay you something for the work. I'll tell you what, how about we make a trade. You repair the suit, and I'll give you 10% off your rooms. Just don't let my daughter know you're working on it. Do we have a deal?"

    He shows you the piece of paper he's scribbling on, which contains rates for the rooms:

    • Nobleman's Suite: 3 gp per night, pluls 1 sp per servant
    • Deluxe Suite: 2 gp per night
    • Standard Rooms: 5 sp per night


    **Extra cots available on request for 1 cp per night each.


    Just outside Beggar's Nest:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the Paladin scream at the brute and his companion, the guard blows his whistle and draws his short sword.

    Initiative: (1d20+1)[14]
    "Nobody move if you know what's good for you!"

    The brute collides into Fanter's shield, like a mallet banging against a gong. He roars at Fanter like a caged lion and spits something out at him. Blood splatters across the Fanter's shield, who then notices a loose ogre tooth bouncing off his shoulder.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed STR check (1d20+10)[13]
    Fanter please roll opposed STR check.


    @ Felix:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hovering over the boy, Felix examines the crack on his skull. He bandages the wounds to stop the bleeding, but the lad is still unconscious and pale from blood loss.


    Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guard: (1d20+1)[7]
    Big Guy: [roll]1d20-1[roll]
    Little Guy: (1d20+2)[11]
    Fanter: (1d20+2)[6]
    Felix: (1d20+3)[20]
    Fimble: (1d20)[10]
    Gwen: (1d20+6)[19]

    Those of you who already rolled, my bad. You're welcome to keep your own roll results if it's better than the roll I just made. My apologies.

    In order of appearance:
    1. Gwen
    2. Little Guy NPC
    3. Fimble
    4. Fanter
    5. Guard NPC
    6. Big Guy
    7. Felix (since you said you delayed until round 2.)
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-29 at 06:16 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fanter grunted at the unbelievable weight of the thug and set his feet into dusty stones of the alleyway.

    Just like moving a dresser across the floor, old boy ...

    Spoiler
    Show

    First opposed strength:
    (1d20+4)[15]
    Second opposed strength:
    (1d20+4)[5]

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gordid paused for a few minutes by the Inn's fireplace to rebraid his beard, which had a few knots in it now thanks to the long trip over seas. Once satisfied he went to the counter and banged on it with one meaty fist. "Ye be servin any Dwarven Ale at this Inn? Been sailing for far longer than any Dwarf should, and had nary a drop of Ale the whole trip. I want something that could knock a man off his feet after one chug."
    OOC Desc FoUT:
    Dhra Gruut, Male Mintauran, seven feet tall and covered in a greying hair, long grey twisting horns jut from his skull toward his rear, adding another foot to his height; has a long grey and black beard that drifts down from his chin. His eyes are a deep green and he regularly adds marking to his body as he casts. Carries several short spears on his back. Small pouches attach to his waist, smelling of balms. On his arms a pair of leather bracers embedded with quartz.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Just outside of Beggar's Nest:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The resounding strike of the shield rattles the brute's bones, and he stumbles backward, shaking the dizziness out of his head., growling angrily. The little guy following him skids to a halt just in time to avoid a collision.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Adjusted Movement:
    Big Guy is now in K,L 5 and K,L 6.


    At the Inn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While Oscar mulls over the deal and the prices, Grim turns to the Dwarf with a knowing smile. "Master dwarf," he responds with an amused chuckle, "we have imported ales all the way from the dwarven mines of the Spine of the World that may suit your fancy. However, if it's a good nights sleep in one sip you're looking for, then..." he disappears behind a door in the back, "you'll want some of this." He quickly returns, carefully and reverently displaying a beautiful and ornate bottle. "It's St. Kuloomgoluama'a Mountain Whiskey. Brewed by the Goliath Monastery on the Greypeak Mountains. I came across them years ago. It remains the only Goliath monastery I've ever seen, but they brew a powerful drink for friendly competition. Goliaths each stand in their own one foot circle, and all take a shot. You keep taking shots until you fall or can no longer hold your balance well enough to stay inside the circle. It is a sign of incredible fortitude to down three shots and remain standing. The goliaths... well, they drink from this," He twists the bottom of the bottle, which comes loose, revealing that it is a 3 oz. cup, and sets it ceremoniously on the table. "Us lowlanders, however, are allowed to drink from this." He twists the top of the bottle, which is actually a 1 oz. cup and sets that inside the 3 oz. cup for comparison. He then smiles and issues a subtle laugh. "Most of our hardier guests who wish for a stout nightcap... we just mix some of this in with some lime juice and water" He pulls out an eye-dropper, "using two drops. If it's a nightcap your wish for, you may want to rent the room first. We'll bring your drink to your room. The nightcap is 4 copper. We'll just add it to your tab when you check out."
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Aye, I've heard of that monastery. Visited it once in me youth when I had been trainin to be a monk. But my short temper and casual use of brute force barred me from completing me trainin. I'll gladly take a single room and a nightcap. I'll tell ya in the mornin what I think of it." He grins, stroking the braid of his beard as he looks at the bottle with a tirst in his eye.
    OOC Desc FoUT:
    Dhra Gruut, Male Mintauran, seven feet tall and covered in a greying hair, long grey twisting horns jut from his skull toward his rear, adding another foot to his height; has a long grey and black beard that drifts down from his chin. His eyes are a deep green and he regularly adds marking to his body as he casts. Carries several short spears on his back. Small pouches attach to his waist, smelling of balms. On his arms a pair of leather bracers embedded with quartz.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gwen's eyes narrow angrily seeing the humanoid run into Fanter. "Oh you really shouldn't have done that." She says in a menacing tone, though she is unable to reach the larger humanoid she as she charging towards the smaller one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack
    (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[7]
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Catching the cloaked man by surprise, Gwen plunges her trident through his thin armor and deep into his chest. Blood erupts from his mouth and his back distorts weirdly. He drops... mouthing words he hasn't the strength to speak, and then falls to the ground, silent forever more.

    The furious half-ogre, now aware of the dire situation, crouches low, ready for another slam from the deceptively mighty half-elf. When the shield rushes in, he launches himself to a full upright position sweeping his lead arm wide in a defensive motion that scoops Fanter up by the shield and knocks him back a foot. With his other arm, he reaches for his mighty club (more a tree than a branch), smiling wickedly. But the half-ogre's amused confidence only distracts him from the threat charging in from behind.

    Fimble's hammer slams into the enormous foe's hip, causing him to bellow in pain. His beady eyes bear down on you and he growls in rage, revealing a row of jagged teeth, minus one tusk and horrid breath.

    You can all tell by now that he is definitely a half ogre, and he is really upset.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-30 at 02:15 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fanter takes a half-second to adjust his spectacles that had been knocked sideways by the impact, rolling one shoulder and bringing his shield up to the ready position. Taking one careful step forward, the half-elf drops his shoulder and throws all his weight behind it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    5ft. step to M5
    Shield Bash the half-ogre
    Spoiler
    Show

    Shield Bash Attack
    (1d20+5)[9]
    Shield Bash Damage
    (1d6+4)[7]
    Shield Bash Hypothetical Crit Confirm ( )
    (1d20+5)[6]


  25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Cloudsmeet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Terlew finally gets around to noticing Oscar, the innkeeper. She looks him up and down before stepping over to him and whispering loudly "I'm not sure whether you notice, good sir, but I really think you need to get a tailor to fix your suit - or better yet, get a new one." She is quite obviously completely oblivious to the prior conversation despite her close proximity, and has no idea of the insult she may have offered.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone at the hotel, feel free to give Terlew a literal whack on the head. Not only does she deserve it, but something like this has most likely happened multiple times on the journey on the ship, so you're probably used to keeping her in line.
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar mulls over the deal offered by Sir Grim as he peruses the prices for the rooms,I was not expecting compensation, considering I in inadvertently insulted his daughter's work...Though it would be terribly rude to refuse such an offer. He was about to accept the deal when Gordid poses his inquiry about a stiff drink. The history about the whiskey, while not Oscar's favorite beverage, was endlessly fascinating and he raptly listens to the tale. The thirsty glint in Gordid's eye was not unfamiliar to Oscar, At least he will have is own room... Last time I was unaware that Gordid likes to wander from bed to bed at the slightest bit of drink...

    He begins to say, "Sir Grim, I believe the terms are more than acceptable and...." only to interrupted by Terlew. A look of horror flashes across his face as Terlew bluntly comments on the suit and he quickly places a hand on Terlew's shoulder and says, "Please excuse my companion Sir Grim. She possesses a rather brilliant mind and often becomes lost in her own thoughts. She surely means no offense...most likely." He folds the piece of paper and places it within his pocket, "I would like to reserve a noble suite with a single servant for at least four days. Unfortunately, my servant is currently in possession of my purse, though he should be present momentarily. As for the suit, whenever I get settle into my lodgings feel free to stop by at your earliest convenience. Though considering the graciousness of your offer, allow me to counter with one of my own. Would you and your lovely daughter care to join me for a repast later this evening? It is rather short notice, so it is completely understandable if you have other plans schedule. Though I must insist you join me before the end of my stay. My servant is quite a skilled chef, and you absolutely must sample some of his roasted duck."
    Last edited by Jungian; 2012-05-30 at 12:14 PM.
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix checks the damage done to the child and his face, which usually is kind and cheerful, now starts to show silent rage. He turns to the guard and...

    "Please take care of the child, sir. I need to... help my friends now."

    ... after that he charges at the Big bully and attacks.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I will post now, as the actions are for both rounds.

    The instructions for the guard would be the first round of combat,
    and charge (if possible to K4) and attack at the bully would be the start of second round of combat:
    Attack: (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]
    Stunning fist (DC 15)




    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The guard, unsure of what to make of all this, blows his whistle as hard as he can.

    "You there! With the trident! Stop right there! All of you! Stop!" He then blows his whistle several more times and fidgets nervously.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action: Move to chase anyone who attempts to leave the alley
    Whistle call will summon (1d4)[3] guards at the end of the round.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    In the Alley:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The half-ogre draws his enormous club, raising it high in both hands. He roars in rage and brings it slamming down onto Fanter.

    Attack: (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage (2 Handed): (1d8+6)[10]
    If Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+5)[6]
    Damage (2 Handed): (1d8+6)[8]

    Move:
    If that drops Fanter, then he's going to move down the alleyway to N,O8. If not, he's going to just stay there, since he's really too big to go anywhere else.


    Back at the Inn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grim stiffens a bit at Terlew's comment, but maintains his poise, and instead turns his attention towards Oscar.

    "That's very generous of you, Master Arceneau. We work rather late, but we can join you once I've closed the books. It shouldn't be more than a few more hours. The Nobleman's Suite comes with a water clock. How does 10 o'clock sound?"

    He gathers up keys for those who have requested a room.

    "Our servants receive gratuities, but may pay for your room and incidental charges when you check out. Arthur will see you to your rooms." He nods to the heretofore quiet doorman, who appears by Oscar's side as quietly as if he'd teleported there.

    "May I help you with your luggage, sirs?" Arthur says slowly and with exquisite pomp.

    Grim turns to Terlew. "Will the miss require a room as well?"
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The half-ogre grins evilly at the sight of rotund halfling charging in with rage, and braces for the impact, ready to enjoy watching the little guy bounce off him like a ball. Then comes the halfling's brutal punch to the knee:

    "SSSSSSSSS!" He sucks in air in shocked agony as his nerves tingle as if they'd been set on fire. The brute's eyelids scrunch up into a wince... surprised that the little guy could cause so much pain. "RRRRRAH! Tha' stings!" The half-ogre bellowed as he braces his knee grinds his teeth angrily. He looks up and sees the guards rounding the bend and his jaw drops slack. "Now tha's unfair! Look... can' we talk this ova'? I didn' do nuffin'!"

    One of the guards moves toward the fallen boy, crouches low and checks his wounds. "They assaulted the boy! Get them!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guard 4 Move: A6 to D4


    Hearing the guard's decree, the next guard draws his sword and closes in on the nearest opponent (Gwen) "Drop your trident and surrender this instant! You're under arrest!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guard 2 Move: A5 to G5
    Action: Ready Action

    Guard 3: Moves
    Hide: (1d20+1)[17]
    Move Silently: (1d20+1)[12]
    Fanter (only) can roll Spot or Listen to notice the guard, but you take penalties for being distracted by the half-ogre, plus you're trying to hear over the clamor of battle.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-31 at 02:10 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •