Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 657
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Cloudsmeet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    On the quiet streets of Neverwinter:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Terlew turns, surprised. "You wanted to talk to me? I didn't hear you." she says, completely innocently. In the darkening light, her hand reaches for her spell component pouch surreptitiously.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume she's still in relatively nasty parts of town?
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Now, lets try!" Says Felix as he tries the 'zombie'.

    Assuming he is still conscious he focuses on the dance, hoping that what he sees isn't affected by alcohol... yet.

    He also looks at Gwen from time to time... he is afraid that if she would drink too much he and Fimble would have some difficulties bringing her back...


    Spoiler
    Show

    Any immediate effects of 'Zombie'?


    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    On the Quiet Streets of Neverwinter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man walking up to you has a lopsided saunter... as if he's trying to look cool, but the booze just won't let him. He's shorter than the average man, and with your sensitive Gnomish nose, you can smell from here that he is beyond drunk. "That's better! Hey darlin'... why don' we go to this... party at my friends house. Free drinks. Food. He even hired a musician for the night." He grins as he catches up to you. "Yeah...." he breathes. "We'll have a good time."


    At The Dragon's Lair:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dance roars to a close with all three dances leaping into the air in unison and come slamming down on the stage in a dramatic crouch just as the drummers hammer their mallets down for one more resounding BOOM! The silence that follows seems somehow louder than the music that was playing earlier as it stifles the air around you. Then, with a shrill whistle from the flutes, all three dances darts their heads up to face the crowd, and another bright flash of light erupts onto the stage. The audience explodes into a frenzy of cheers. Then the dancers stand and begin collecting the coins that are tossed onto the stage, bowing graciously when they find a silver or gold piece. "Thank you! We are the Lightfeather Dance Group! We hope you enjoyed our show. We'll be performing throughout the night and for the remainder of this week," says the female dancer in a proper and elegant voice that sounds like she came from high breeding.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Cloudsmeet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    On the quiet streets of Neverwinter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Terlew sniffs delicately, trying to buy time to think about her response. "What makes you think I'd be interested in your friend's party, mister?"

    I don't want to hurt him, but I don't want him to hurt me, either. Perhaps I should just make him sleep. No, he'll be mugged and lose all his possessions; he'll probably be lucky to wake up. No... I should take him somewhere safe. But where? Her mind races.
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gwen tosses a couple of copper pieces to the stage and glances around looking for the barmaid with her drink. "That was quite the dance, wasn't it?" She shouts over the applause.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default In Oscar's Room

    Oscar's lips tighten for a brief second, far to quickly for anyone to notice. I didn't travel on a wretched sea to serve as an errand boy or body guard.. Oscar slowly works his way through meal as he listen to Giselda praise her father. He gently lays his fork on his plate as he says, "Perhaps Fanter and I will visit the guild. Seeing as the one of the founders suggested it, it would be foolish to ignore advice of a man well versed in his trade, or previous trade. Plus compensation is always welcomed" He then slightly turns his head toward Giselda, "Your mother sounds like an incredibly lady. When a young lady feels pride for her parents accomplishments, it demonstrates that your parents are a positive influence. Though I believe in time you may will outshine your parents illustrious careers. As they say, apples don't fall from the tree."

    Turning back to Grim, "What sort of work is posted their regularly? While Fanter is suited to body guard work, that is not my particular forte." Noting that the young lady's tea was running low, and desiring a refreshment of his own, Oscar says, "Fanter would you please refresh the lady's tea. As for myself, if you could prepare your special beverage. I believe it was whisky based concoction." He turns to Grim, "In addition to being a fabulous cook, Fanter is quite skilled at cocktail creation."
    Last edited by Jungian; 2012-06-18 at 10:37 PM.
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble stares at the dancers dumbfounded forgetting both to clap and to tip, responding to Gwen without taking his eyes off the female dancer.
    "I've never seen the like! Granted, I've never seen a performance of this nature before. The only dances I've seen have been the local farmers at hay day. And they don't even begin to compare."
    Fimble leans back in his chair and looks at the other two.
    "Do you dance?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    At the Dragon's Lair:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The waitress swings by with another Zombie for Gwen. "Can I get you boys anything?" She says with a playful smile as the cheers die out.

    Ambient noise begins to fill the air as the dancers file off backstage. The next act begins to set up-- something that appears to be a group of musicians. In one corner a man stands up triumphantly as cheers fill that corner of the room. He pumps his arms into the air with a loud "HA!" while another patron, who sits across from where the standing man once stood, is rubbing his arm and looking quite ashamed of himself. On the other end of the room you hear someone guffaw as he finishes an anecdote, "So I says to him. Mate! That's not a woman. He's an elf! BWAHAHAHAHA!"

    At a nearby table, a gnomish girl is staring timidly over at you.


    On the Quiet Streets of Neverwinter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man grins and comes closer. "What makes you think you have a choice?"
    You see a hand reach from behind you and wrap around your face, covering your mouth.

    This is an Attempted Grapple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. No AoO (Flat-Footed)
    2. Grab: (1d20+3)[7]
    3. Hold: (1d20+3)[11]


    But you can smell the body odor of the man sneaking up on you at the last second, giving just enough time to slip free from his grasp, leaving him snatching at thin air.

    "Damn it Charlie, you clumsy bastard! Get her!" shouts the man you were previously talking to. The man who was behind you looks at you, dumbfounded at how you managed to escape.


    In Oscar's Room:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Giselda blushes at the compliment and thanks Oscar softly. "Mister Fanter, you do seem to be quite a few talents. A brave warrior, a fastidious butler, expert chef, and now bartender. There should be more men such as you." Grim looks at his daughter with a wary eye. Then, he swallows another bite of his duck and washes it down with the drink Oscar made him. "Well..." he ponders the question for a moment. "I can't say I know, for sure. Lot's of caravans are heading north for Luskan this time of year. That would be the most likely bid. And there's always that forest. Every year, it seems, some foolhardy merchant wants to fund an expedition into those woods. The only way to know is to register there. They open at sunrise. I wish I could help you more, but I haven't been to the guild in a long time. What kind of adventures are you looking for? Perhaps I can put in a good word for you there."
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-06-19 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Fluff
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    To Fimble:
    "I used to, in the past. In monastery there just wasn't any occasion, to do so."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Drinking + fort checks?
    I am basing the rest of this post on result.
    (1d20+5)[25]
    Edit: Wow.


    Felix turns to the waitress and says:
    "This zombie thing is quite good... for a juice that is... I guess I will take a pitcher of wine and one of water. That and 6 glasses of course 3 for wine and 3 for water. Fimble, I assume you can drink a little bit of wine, at least to tell me what you think about quality.
    Ah, and don't worry my friends, I am paying.
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-06-19 at 05:37 PM.

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Oscar leans in slightly as Grim begins relating the available jobs, ,A caravan...Dusty trails spewing whatever refuse people or animals left into my clothes....half-brained and toothed men who probably havent bathed since they were born. Absolutely not

    Though at the mention of the Forrest, Oscar eyes glaze a bit. He had always like the woods, serene, peaceful and place of tranquility with a touch of savageness. He had often traveled through the woods near the Academy, in fact that is where he found Dorian. The sleek chick helpless in the leaf litter, whom now snoozes serenely in Oscar's room.

    "A expedition into the woods sounds intriguing. Though the qualifying statements of yearly and foolish implies something inheritenly different than a sun soaked glen.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Knowledge nature roll, though it may be local
    (1d20+8)[26]
    I always forget which way th slash goes when I'm posting from a phone. Crushed it
    Last edited by Jungian; 2012-06-19 at 05:52 PM.
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    In Oscar's Room,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fanter smiles graciously as he sets Oscar's drink in front of him and gives a short, shallow bow over his arm to Giselda.

    "You're too kind, miss, I'm sure. I've simply had a lot of time to practice, you see -- I'm a bit older than I look."

    The half-elf favors Giselda with a complimentary nod.

    "Though, given how courteous you are for a girl your age, I think you may be a bit more mature than you look, as well. Your father has clearly raised you well."

    Fanter busies himself topping off Giselda and Grim's teacups as they discuss the Guild.

    "Forgive me for intruding, sir, but I have run first-hand into the darker side of Neverwinter even in my short stay here. Do the local guardsmen ever call upon the clear talents of the Guild to help take care of more ... local problems, like thievery and organized crime? It seems like an obvious way for Neverwinter to call upon the aid of her finest sons and daughters."

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble can't help but jump slightly at the sudden noises bouncing around him. A slight glint of sweat appears on his forehead, and the tiniest twitch flares across his eyes.
    Still with a nervous twitter, he answers Felix's request:
    "You don't? Tradition dictates that we dance every season in at Blackwing. The midsummer fest is particularly spectacular!"
    Fimble holds up his hand in a dismissive gesture.
    "We don't drink, however. Any substance that clouds the judgement is forbidden by threat of expulsion from the order. Unless no other means of survival are at hand.
    So as long as they still serve juice, I'm afraid I'll have to leave the drinking to the two of you."

    He finishes with a smile and raises his glass to meet the others'.
    "Cheers!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Then we'll simply have to have enough for you as well Fimble." Gwen says gaily clinking her glass against his and following it with a long drink. She looks down at her drink afterward and is surprised to see it half gone. "These go by to quickly." she murmurs to her glass, "perhaps I should be getting them in pairs..." She then presses the stone to summon the barmaid again.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    At the Dragon's Lair:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The waitress jots down some notes as Felix places his order, then looks over to Fimble, nods her head, and scribbles out some notes, then re-writes. Then, when Gwen presses the stone again, she raises an intercepting hand toward her and laughs disarmingly. "It's ok, miss. I'm already here. Two of them then? So, I've got one pitcher of wine with two glasses, one pitcher of water with three glasses, two Zombies, and a glass of juice?"

    The next act is set up and begins playing a light and jaunty tune- a stark contrast to the heavy, aggressive rhythms of the previous dance group. The music is playing quietly enough for casual conversation to take the foreground.

    A stumbling dwarf backs into your table nudging it a bit. "Pardon meself, miss," he slurs, punctuating his apology with a throaty belch. "I'll fix that right, for ye." He grabs the table and drags it back a few more inches, then slips loose and falls to the ground with a "Woops!". He sits there with a surprised expression on his face for a brief moment, then lets out a wheezy laugh. The barmaid frowns at the display and raises her hand, then points to the dwarf on the ground. "I'm sorry," she she offers to you as she continues to frown condescendingly at the dwarf. "I guess this one has had enough fun for one night."


    In Oscar's Room:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grim wipes his beard with his napkin and pauses for a moment, reflecting on Fanter's comment. "I'm sorry the city has given you a poor welcome. My daughter told me that you were robbed and assaulted. It is true that Neverwinter has a darker side. But crime will always be a blight in any society, especially one as large as Neverwinter. Some wealthier individuals may hire adventurers from time to perform guard duty, but adventurers rarely stick around long enough to serve as a form of police. Our night watchmen for the hotel is a former adventurer whom I'd hired as a temporary solution until I could find a full time guard. He ended up liking it here and stuck around, but that's obviously an atypical example."


    On the Quiet Streets of Neverwinter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two men close in on you. "Don't bruise her up, Charlie. This one needs to stay fresh. Gnomes are worth more." Slowly the first man pulls out a cloth and a bottle from a pocket in his vest and stalks toward you. "Sorry, my dear. But we'd like you to meet someone."

    Initiative
    First man: (1d20+1)[14]
    Charlie: (1d20+1)[21]
    Roll initiative, please.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Cloudsmeet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    On the Quiet Streets of Neverwinter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't think you men really want to do this, do you. You're not just facing any gnome, you're facing the mighty necromancer, Terlew Fanhathol Whispergleam! I'm sure you've heard of me," Terlew says proudly. She then somehow produces a live cricket in her right hand from her components pouch, presents it to the two men and prepares to crush it between her fingers as part of her spell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:(1d20+6)[21]
    If it's my turn, I cast Sleep on the closest of the two men, targeting the other should I have enough HD left to do so.
    EDIT: Save DC is 15.

    Last edited by Cloudsmeet; 2012-06-21 at 11:48 AM.
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    On the Quiet Streets of Neverwinter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: (1d20)[15]
    Will Save: (1d20)[11]

    Charlie looks at you with a blank expression and sways like a chopped tree about to fall. The first man shakes his head and scrunches his face, shaking off the sleepiness that has mysteriously come over him. As Charlie drops to his knees with a big thud, the first man looks over to him in amazement, then back to Terlew. Then Charlie falls face first into the cobblestone. That's enough for the first guy. He spins on his heels and runs like a ghost was chasing him, rebounding off a guard who was just turning the corner in to inspect the commotion going on in this street. "Hey you!" the guard shouts at the running man and charges after him, whistle blowing.


    In Oscar's Room:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After scraping up the last bit of duck, Grim finishes his drink and pats his belly. "You make a fine meal, Fanter. Service that good is hard to come by. Oscar, Fanter, I wish you the best of luck in your ventures. As I said, if there is a particular type of work your looking for, let me know. I'd be happy to write you a letter of recommendation. Most adventurers these days lack refinement and dignity. They charge in with both fists raised, eager to blast a name for themselves, no matter how much destruction they leave in their wake. It's refreshing to meet a team that shows deference and a sense of respect for the world around them.

    'But in the meantime, Giselda and I must be off. I must tend to my wife soon, and we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow." He rises to a stand and bows. "Thank you again for your hospitality."


    Giselda also rises and curtsies. Then looking at the water clock, blanches a bit. "Master Arceneau it's been a pleasure to meet you. And Master Fanter, I do hope we might talk again sometime."
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-06-22 at 12:21 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Cloudsmeet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    On the Quiet Streets of Neverwinter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the relative darkness of the street Terlew grins to herself, then sits down on the sleeping man's back. "I think that when you wake up, you and I are going to have a little talk," she tells him. "It's a pity I don't have a message spell ready... I could use some help here."

    She considers a moment, then starts chanting. An armored skeletal figure assembles out of the dust blown by a sudden gust of wind, then at Terlew's direction first picks her up and places her on its shoulders, then begins to drag the sleeping man. Together they head back to the inn, ignoring the stares of any passers-by.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I cast Summon Undead I (SpC page 215)
    Last edited by Cloudsmeet; 2012-06-22 at 12:37 PM.
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jungian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    As Grim stood from the table, Oscar gracefully rises from his chair and returns the bow. He then says, "Grim, I have had a wonderful evening with you and your lovely daughter. I would be devastated if Fanter and I did not have another opportunity to enjoy your company." Oscar then bows to Giaelda " The pleasure has been all mine, miss Giselda." He then sees them to the door and wishes them a goodnight. Once the door is closed and Oscar feels that it is safe to assume they are out of earshot he quietly says, "Fanter, are you aware of Sir Grim's wife condition? It truly is a tradegy... I have an idea, but it is dependent on several variables, skill, and a bit of good fortune. First and foremost, I must commend your culinary skills, Fanter. That was an excellent meal. Secondly...while I don't intend to pry, in the morning we need to locate the healer responsible for Grim's wife or at the least one familiar with her condition." He takes a moment to stroke his beard, straightening any stray hairs into a sharp point as his mind works through various scenarios.
    "Fanter, how would you feel about a stroll through the woods?"
    Last edited by Jungian; 2012-06-22 at 01:21 PM.
    Character Sheets


    The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    In Oscar's Room
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fanter bows in response to the compliment and stands impassively at Oscar's side as his employer speaks. At the suggestion of a walk through woods dangerous enough to require "expeditions," Fanter seems as if Oscar has just asked for more tea.

    "Of course, sir. I'll prepare your hiking shoes."

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Woah, there!" Fimble utters, surprised at the dwarf's sudden and not-so-elegant performance.
    "Don't worry about it." he spreads out his arms as he replies to the barmaid, "as my lovely friend here is implying, the evening has only just begun."
    With that Fimble rises from the table and extends a hand to the dwarf.
    "Hello my good dwarf! Why don't you join me and my friends for a drink? Or maybe, even better, a sip of water? By the look of your walk, you could be dehydrated! I am Fimble, by the way, and these are my friends, Gwen and Felix."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    On the Quiet Streets of Neverwinter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    People give you a wide berth on the way back to the Inn. As the guard opens the door to let you in, he blanches at the site of your new companions.

    "I'm sorry sir- madam!... for my... un-form-al-ness earlier. I- uh- I didn't recognize you." He bows low and steps back. "Oh gods," he whispers under his breath. "Forgive me... uh... madam!" After backing away a respectable distance, he stands perfectly still, bent over in that same unnecessarily low bow. As you head to the stair you pass by a woman, beautiful except for a bit gaunt and deathly pale. She flits away from you like smoke on a breeze as you come near.


    At the Dragon's Lair:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A large man grabs the dwarf by the shoulder gruffly and picks him the way you'd hoist a sack of grain. "Alright, you! Time to take a walk." The dwarf, still giggling doesn't put up much resistance, but utters a few dwarvish insults at the bouncer. The waitress vanishes and returns with your drinks and leans over to Fimble. "Your juice has been paid for by the lady at the table over there." She gives a subtle nod to the aforementioned Gnomish girl who smiles at you and blushes a bit before looking back to the conversation of her own group. Then the waitress scurries away, off to serve another table.

    The night's music and festivities restore a bit of cheer to you as the band plays a tavern favorite.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gwen finishes her second drink and accepts her next two zombies. "Looks like you have an admirer Fimble." She winks, "Are you gonna go talk to her?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save
    (1d20+3)[9]
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Felix smiles and says "Fimble got a fan. Go get her!... Or at least talk to her..." he says and laughs.

    He also starts looking with slight anxiety on Gwen, it seems the zombie hit her harder than him... I hope we won't have to carry her back...

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble stares dumbly at his drink then at the gnomish girl and finally at Gwen and Felix.
    "Admirer? I don't... Oh! No, I couldn't possibly, I mean, I don't know the lady. Although... we are encouraged to get to know how the world works.
    So is this how boys meet girls?"

    Fimble throws a smile back to the gnomish girl before continuing. "What should I do? Does the girl always buy the boy a drink? Should I refund her?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    At the Dragon's Lair:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The girl brightens visibly at Fimble's return smile, but the group at the table with the Gnomish girl finishes paying their tab and gets up to leave. The Gnome begins to protest while the rest petition her to come with them. "Come on Loopy! It's time to go. We're heading to Luskan tomorrow with the caravan, and I'm pretty sure Oskar just got thrown out," argues the tallest one of the group, a powerful looking female with short, brightly colored hair. The Gnome stammers and glances back at your table, "But I- I just..." The tall woman makes an unconvinced expression, like a parent listening to an ill-conceived lie from her child. "Loopy. This is our first mission, and I want us all to be there on time. We'll come back to the Dragon's Lair on the return trip, okay?"

    Gwen begins to look a little wobbly.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    "Too late to buy her a drink now Fimble. You will worry about your relationship problems tomorrow, you could ... by chance... check the caravan to Luskan tomorrow. We could even get along with them. You would have some time to talk to your girlfriend, I would get a chance to meet my father, Gwen would probably tag along... Gwen?
    ... We could have a small problem here Fimble..."

    Says Felix pointing at Gwen.
    "Don't you think it is time to go now Gwen?" he asks with a smile (like to a child).

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Sounding a little slurred she says "No I don't think its time to go yet." she shakes her head and smiles. "I have two more zombies right here and I am to finish them." She holds up two fingers and smiles happily. "Though we should ask them if they are looking for a little extra help, then you can flirt all you want on the way to Luskan."
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AshesOfOld's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Fimble takes a second to think about it, then jumps off after the other group. "Just stay for a moment, I'll be right back."
    He approaches the gnome girl:
    "Hello! I'm Luskan. I mean! I am... uhm. I overheard you and heard that you were going to Luskan. And that sounds interesting." Fimble's brain takes a second to smash itself in the face with a hooked hammer, before he blushingly tries again.
    "I mean, I'm Fimble. And I'm pleased to meet you."
    Last edited by AshesOfOld; 2012-06-27 at 04:07 AM. Reason: grammar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

    Avatar by the amazing Ceika.


    Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    missmvicious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dallas
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    Gwen giggles a little watching her friend trying to talk to the gnomish girl and starts in on her third zombie.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

    Character(s)

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

    The Gnomish girl resists the tall woman's tug when Fimble introduces himself.

    "Hello... I'm Loopmottin. My friends call me Loopy," She says with a breathy voice. By Gnomish standards, she's fairly attractive, with a deep bronze tan and eyes so richly blue they almost appear purple. Her long, blond hair is pulled back just behind her pierced ears by a dark purple ribbon, though the odd curly lock has sprung free of its place from the evening's activity. A dazzling amethyst and silver necklace dangles from her neck. She is wearing a small tan bodice with silver patterns over a white blouse and flowing, dark blue skirt. She smells like heady, floral perfumes and a hint of wine.

    As you two take a moment to introduce each other, the tall woman stops tugging and puts her right hand on her hip. She suffers through the long silence and then finally blurts. "Well, Luskan Fimble... either ask her to dance or leave us be!" She sighs heavily and gives Fimble a stern expression. Loopy glances up at the taller woman and then back to Fimble and bites her lip, this time obviously a bit embarrassed.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •