New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Random Adventures IC (D&D 3.5)

"I think I am ready to get going if you are." Gwen says standing, her head a little woozy but over all not so bad. She picks up her stuff and starts heading towards the door.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

Lydia Deshayes, Socially Awkward Necromancer with a Broken Heart
    Wanderlust, a free spirited, hammer weilding barbarian.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Felix, Fimble, and Gwen make it over to Oscar and Fanter's room, where Terlew is engaging in some scholarly conversation.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

3. - Top - End - #213

"How was your quite night in?" Gwen asks the rest of the party, a smile on her face but her hand still holding her head.
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Terlew sees Gwen and remembers the absolute injustice of the night before.

"You, you, you guys just LEFT me here and then I came out after you and got lostandIgotattackedandhadtomakeaskeletonbutthenIgo tsleepyandhegotawaybecausethepillowsweresosoft and... and..." Terlew suddenly realises what she just said and blushes for a second before trying to get back to her point. "What I MEAN is, you shouldn't have gone to the dragon's den without me! Now I'll never get to know how cool it is because nothing's fun without other people there and... was it cool? How was it? Was there anything interesting?"

Her mid-sentence topic changes and tiny attention span never ceases to amaze.
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

5. - Top - End - #215

"Relax, we we're told you were sleeping. We can always go again. It did have some pretty fascinating live acts." Gwen says clapping Terlew on the back.
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Gordid bursts forth from his room and groans loudly as he stetches out, cracking several joints as obscenely as he can. He goes down the hall to find the others, burping loudly and scratching his rump as he spots them.

"Ulp... Mornin everyone..." Pasuses as he hears Terlew's rant. "Wasit about dragon dens? If ye been havin fun behind muh back, well... that just aint right. So, we gonna go slay us a ragon then? I'm game"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Forgot what color my text was, too lazy to look back. It is now Slate Gray
    Last edited by Croverus; 2012-07-12 at 03:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

[Felix]
    "Yes, the Dragon's Lair was great. All the drinks, the juices, the shows... just great. And the people that spend their time there are great too. You should come with us when we go there again."

[Fimble]
    "We didn't slay any dragons Gordid... although Gwen fought few 'zombies'...
    Now to other matters, it is to all of you. I know we just got here, but it would be boring to just stay here, doing nothing... and we could earn some money or...
    looking at Gordid again ...get a chance to fight some bandits. What do you guys think about catching the trade caravan to Luskan? They would pay for protection and we could travel a bit too."

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, but we were looking at going to... where were we going again and why, Oscar?"

A thought occurs to her. "Oh, and we should probably do something about the thugs that jumped me last night. I did tell you guys about that, right?"
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219

"You got jumped?" Gwen asks shocked.
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Oscar had been enjoying a discussion with Terlew, as the rest of the gang meandered into his room. Of course everyone, please come in...., though he was able to put on a smile, "Ah good morning to you all. It must have been an enjoyable evening, when I retired for the evening I don't believe I heard any of you." Terlew raises the question as to why they would go to the forrest, followed tangentially by the her experience the night prior. Oscar nerves needed a break, with a small gesture to the table he says, "Would you care to join us for some tea? The discussion about the Forrest deserves a nice beverage and relaxed atmosphere."

Croverus
    Spoiler
    Show

Oscar is actually darkslategray, I thought gordid was a dark blue?
    Last edited by Jungian; 2012-07-19 at 09:55 PM.
    Character Sheets

The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Went back and realized it was BOLD dark red.

Gordid waved a hand to pass on the offer of tea. He never liked tea. had more than enough of it at the monastery. He went out into the hall to not be intruding on Oscar's room. "Ahm headin' down to see which way the forest be then. Maybe ask around 'nout yer thugs too, Terlew." Without waiting for a reply he heads downstairs and begins asking people about the forest as well as any small thug groups that have been active.

Gather Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 roll for asking about the forest, and one for asking about the thugs
    (1d20-1)[16]
    (1d20-1)[5]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

You all head out to the lobby, where you see Gordid chatting up some merchants by the door. He continues his conversation for about a half an hour, then joins up with the rest of the group.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fimble greets Gordid with a smile and a wave when he returns to the inn.

"Hey Gordid! Did you find out anything interesting about Terlew's assaulters? It would be good if we had something to bring to the authorities before we leave."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

POSTING FOR GORDID:
    "Well, the townsfolk be fairly tight-lipped about th' thugs in town. Seems all th' townies are either scared er beholdin' to 'em." Gordid snorts angrily at the thought.

"Still, I learnt a thing er two about th' forest though. Seems it's guarded by druids. It's a fairly short walk from th' front gate, but nobody dares go there. Tends to be a one way trip for greedy merchants an' curious poachers. Invitation only. If th' tree-lovers want you in, ye get yer safe passage. Otherwise, yer lucky to come out alive."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

((OOC: Apologies, for some reason my subscriptions were deleted But that is almost exactly what I would have said... So leave it as is.))

16. - Top - End - #226

"Well, that settles it for my part. I see no reason to aggravate these druids at their home."

Fimble looks around at the others to gauge their impressions.

"So are we in agreement on joining the merchants for Luskan?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"Aye. Perhaps we'll be gettin' ta fight off bandits or scavengin monsters." He chuckles, patting his meaty fist into his open palm.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Bandits? Monsters?... We have an optimist in our group. Still better than the druids... To Luskan!"

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Oscar's nose twitched at the adventurous calls of adventure from some of his traveling companions. When Oscar had suggested a democratic approach to deciding their next destination, he never anticipated that his idea would fail to garner votes. Beasts of burden with that smell, inescapable dust, and an unforgiving sun. Fabulous adventure indeed... A short discussion with Fanter served to alleviate some of Oscar's worries, as the courtesy butler quickly agreed to remain behind. Fanter would finish the suit and would gather some information on the Woods, while Oscar would accompany the others on the caravan.

With a note of weariness the impeccable Oscar says to the gathered group, "Right to Luskan...When exactly are we departing?"
    Character Sheets

The week of June 17, my time to post will be reduced. Expect for posting to return to full capacity by June 24.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Terlew counts on her fingers, mumbling to herself something like this: "Forest... Luskan's a long way... pretty things... nasty men... what to choose!" She nearly yells the last bit in frustration before looking around and realising that the decision's already been made.

"Oh. Luskan it is then! And you know, Oscar, I always wanted to be a butler when I grew up, so maybe I can fill in for Fanter! Or did I want to be an oxherd, I always get the two confused..." She begins mumbling to herself again, obviously in deep, if irrelevant, thought.

Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

You make it to the gates of Neverwinter.

Spirits are high as merchants rally their mercenaries around their caravans. The guards are there, as well, making sure everything is orderly. You can see the group from the night prior as well, with the tall woman barking orders at her small group, who don't seem to share her level of intensity.

The wealthier merchants seem to already have bodyguards, but some of the more simple merchants are already bartering with the wealthier merchants for the right to travel with their caravans.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

22. - Top - End - #232

Fimble looks around, trying to spot a merchant without a violent-looking entourage.
    Once spotted, he approaches the merchant with a confident gait and smile.
    "Hello. Erm, down here! Hello. Are you headed for Luskan? If you're in need of protection, then its your lucky day. I am Fimble Scrimnoodle, paladin of Blackwing. Me and my comrades are strong and able, and more than capable of protecting both you and your goods from danger. So what say you?"

Fimble hopes a direct and confident approach will do, and besides, he can't tell a lie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy (1d20+3)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Gordid flicks his thumb across his nose and then runs it along the blade of his axe, leaning against a cart and watching Fimble negotiate. He looked around sizing up other warriors, taking notice to those that might be good to get to know.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check to get a good look around at other guards. (1d20)[8]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Fimble:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a wiry old merchant fussing over a pack mule, tightening loose straps, and checking reigns. Upon your greeting the merchant stiffens and twitches his ears. With the merchants head peering over the pack mule, you can see very little of the merchant except for a red, bulbous poking out under the brim of a large, grey, wide-brimmed hat.

"Wassat? Mercenaries? Yer' no guild boy, are you."

The merchant goes back to fussing with the reigns. "Yer either really famous, er really stupid t' be off'rin yer services in broad daylight without th' guild's permission. Either way, what good are ya' t'me?"

After a firm jerk on another latch, the merchant sighs and pauses for a second. "Who's yer comrades, then? 'Sit that dwarf what's pickin his nose?"

Gordid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guards seem kind of bored, as they watch the assemblage, making sure that everything stays peaceful.

Roll Sense Motive to size people up. See Complete Adventurer, pg. 102 for details.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive to size up the other guards and mercenaries (1d20)[20]
    Edit: Now that's a beautiful sense motive roll.
    Last edited by Croverus; 2012-08-01 at 02:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Oscar had been pleasantly surprised at Fimble's initiative, and decided that no assistance was necessary. Hoisting Dorian's cage, Oscar wanders toward Gordid. With a huff Oscar gentle places his feathered friend on the ground. He eyes Gordid for a moment before saying, "What do you think? Anyone seem to be a veteran of these affairs?"
    Character Sheets

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Gordid nods and tilts his head to a man in a helmet who seems to hold himself better than some of the other mercenacries. "He's a field marshall, seems ta know his way with a blade, ye can tell by how he holds hisself. And o'er there," Gorded motions to an imposing Dwarf and a short human both wearing the blue and gold garb of the Adventurer's Guild, "they be lookin' ta be someone of importance. Guild men for sure. Aye might be thinkin' of seein' if they be hirin'." He nods, running a hand over his own beard which is kept in a single scraggly braid. He realizes this and pauses, taking a seat to try and make his beard look more presentable.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should I even roll anything for that? I'm assuming I'm going to take several minutes to straighten and rebrad my beard and it's just going to be made into a number of short braids, like so: Blackbeard

28. - Top - End - #238

Gwen standing with Oscar and Gordid nods gently listening to Gordid's theory about the more experienced mercenary. She frowns a bit, "I wonder how much we'll be able to get for this trip. I'm gonna go see if Fimble needs a hand getting us some work."
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239

Not really used to bartering, Fimble stumbles on the first sentence.
    "Well, er, there must certainly be... advantages with hiring out of the guild. We don't pay them commission, so naturally we'd be cheaper."
    Fimble then starts the introduction of the crew.
    "Yes, the dwarf is good at many things besides the picking of noses. Especially handy with an axe, and not the wood-chopping kind.

Myself and the lovely lady with the trident coming this way, are both paladins and more stalwart companions you would have to search far for.

The well-dressed couple over there are practicers of the arcane, and more than just cantrips I might add!

Together we form a most formidable fighting force, one that would be well worth your money, should you choose to purchase our unique skill set.

Oh and the wizard over there also sews."
    Spoiler
    Show

Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Felix approaches close, somehow irritated that he wasn't introduced.
    He says in a quiet voice and smile on his face.
    "And me, Felix Lynn, of the Waterdeep Lynns, monk of Kramshaw Monastery. Lately even an ogre was so stunned after seeing my abilities that guard had no troubles arresting him. I assure you, we don't bring trouble... we mostly get rid of it."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur