New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Changeling] A Gathering of Mists IC

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If needed, Wits + Stealth to blend with crowd is 6, 7 if "don't mind me" specialty kicks in. Possible 2 dice bonus for darkness and concealment, or maybe just 2 less from his opposed roll?

Assuming Charlotte's two actions for the first part of combat were "get up" and "move toward DJ table". Gorilla Grodd is starting round 3, do I'm not too far behind the queue.
    [*Looks at giant flaming bison gorilla.* You autopass the stealth check. I'm not sure what you're doing, but whatever it is, you're stealthy while you get there.]

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Stephanie closes her eyes.

One thousand.

One second for taking a swing at her, a blow that would have broken bones if it's owner wasn't so clumsy.

Two thousand.

One second for hurting Charlotte, who had moved in out of kindness to help a fallen monster.

Three thousand.

One second for throwing Charlotte into some drugged bystander, risking cracking their skulls on the hard stone floor.

Eyes open.

Three seconds in the fire was enough.

Stephanie raised the fire extinguisher and blasted the monster again with a spray of chemicals, moving quickly around him to cover all the fire but keeping well out of arm's reach.

[After one round of damage, I'm putting him out. Hopefully he'll take the hint.]
    Between the fire extinguisher and the frantic rolling, Gorilla Grodd manages to go out, leaving a 10 foot tall heaving pile of burnt fur that smells absolutely disgusting. He lies on the ground heaving, trying to catch his breath after all the smoke.

[time to say something if you want]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #812
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Between the fire extinguisher and the frantic rolling, Gorilla Grodd manages to go out, leaving a 10 foot tall heaving pile of burnt fur that smells absolutely disgusting. He lies on the ground heaving, trying to catch his breath after all the smoke.

[time to say something if you want]
    "I would have just punched you," said Stephanie, kneeling down still out of arm's length. "I would have fought you straight up, maybe had a good time with it, you know? It didn't have to be this way."

She let her voice chill. "But you threatened my friend. Nobody threatens my friends. If you learn anything tonight, I genuinely hope it's that, because next time I'm going to have to kill you. All right?"
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-12-09 at 09:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

He lets out a massive groan and rolls over, looking at Stephanie. "Fine, urgh, fine. You stormed into my bar, insulted me, and now I owe you a favor. What do you want?"
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

4. - Top - End - #814

He lets out a massive groan and rolls over, looking at Stephanie. "Fine, urgh, fine. You stormed into my bar, insulted me, and now I owe you a favor. What do you want?"
    "Yeah, and your bar is full of hypnotised weirdoes, your minion used magic to trap me in here, you tried to brain me with five feet of wood over a petty insult and you threatened to break my friend's arms off when she tried to help you. I think we're square as far as who's-to-blame goes," said Stephanie. The Blame Game was important.

"Anyway. This bar - do you own it?" Stephanie asked.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

"your minion used magic to trap me in here"
    At that one he grimaces and says "I'll have a word with Arthur later."

"Anyway. This bar - do you own it?" Stephanie asked.
    "...yes" he answers. It's more of a grunt than a word, though.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

6. - Top - End - #816

At that one he grimaces and says "I'll have a word with Arthur later."

"...yes" he answers. It's more of a grunt than a word, though.
    "Then explain to me why nobody batted an eye when I set you on fire?"

7. - Top - End - #817
    Banned

[Assuming Success on getting to the DJ area as there's no drama in pratfalls back to the dance floor.]

Well. There seems to be a small mountain controlling the music. It has yet to be seen if the music is controlling the people, however. Charlotte, unable to see Stephanie now that there isn't a car-sized contrasting bonfire, examines the equipment used by the musician, with an eye for what she could disrupt without actually breaking anything.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

"Then explain to me why nobody batted an eye when I set you on fire?"
    "Like hell I will. Unless you're starting to call in your favor. I...admit that just the explanation doesn't fulfill the whole favor though..." he says grudgingly.

Well. There seems to be a small mountain controlling the music. It has yet to be seen if the music is controlling the people, however. Charlotte, unable to see Stephanie now that there isn't a car-sized contrasting bonfire, examines the equipment used by the musician, with an eye for what she could disrupt without actually breaking anything.
    There's a heavy power cord that's taped down and leads over to the wall. Certainly the easiest thing to disrupt. If Charlotte is more in the mood for destruction, there are cords leading to the speaker system and the underside of the sound board, though getting that close might be her noticed.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

9. - Top - End - #819

"Like hell I will. Unless you're starting to call in your favor. I...admit that just the explanation doesn't fulfill the whole favor though..." he says grudgingly.
    "Why don't I just call in the favour to take over this place and then figure out how it works myself? That'd also let me change this darn music while I'm at it," Stephanie said. Marchy would like running a nightclub, right? Or at least she'd know how to do it.

Changing the music was not an insignificant motivator here.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Banned

There's a heavy power cord that's taped down and leads over to the wall. Certainly the easiest thing to disrupt. If Charlotte is more in the mood for destruction, there are cords leading to the speaker system and the underside of the sound board, though getting that close might be her noticed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DJ is putting on whole tracks with no remixing. Is he using a turnstile, an iPod, a computer? Could I saunter up and flick switches and hope I survive another toss in the moshpit?

What is he interfacing with, I suppose is my question. If it has a GUI or wysiwyg then the odds of permanent damage are smaller than if I have to knock over a speaker/short out a cord.

That big cord looks tempting though...

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

"Why don't I just call in the favour to take over this place and then figure out how it works myself? That'd also let me change this darn music while I'm at it," Stephanie said. Marchy would like running a nightclub, right? Or at least she'd know how to do it.

Changing the music was not an insignificant motivator here.
    "I, uh" The big guy actually looks sheepish and a little sad. "I can't give you the club. It...it could kill me."

Spoiler
    Show
    DJ is putting on whole tracks with no remixing. Is he using a turnstile, an iPod, a computer? Could I saunter up and flick switches and hope I survive another toss in the moshpit?

What is he interfacing with, I suppose is my question. If it has a GUI or wysiwyg then the odds of permanent damage are smaller than if I have to knock over a speaker/short out a cord.

That big cord looks tempting though...
    He's got a turntable in front of him. It's fairly standard, seems like some controls for the speakers, the actual music and that's about it.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

12. - Top - End - #822

"I, uh" The big guy actually looks sheepish and a little sad. "I can't give you the club. It...it could kill me."
    "Ouch," Stephanie actually looked sympathetic. She was starting to feel bad for this guy. "What happened? Bad deal? Mafia? Wizard mafia?"

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

"This part of the favor?" He asks again. "Because I really don't want to talk about it."
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

14. - Top - End - #824
    Banned

Charlotte sighs. Or well, she goes through the motions. There is no audible respiration whatsoever.

She places her right foot on the farside of the taped down cord, and her left on the near side. Slowly, like she is avoiding waking and stepping on a serpent, Charlotte moves sideways towards the wall plug. Small steps. Baby steps. Baby steps that lead to big events. One domino after another, until the very... Last... One....

Falls down.

"Oh—!" she yelps, falling backwards and kicking out her back foot, her near foot, sure to take the cord from the wall during her pratfall. Or her regular fall, as there is naught to cushion the blow of the floor swiftly rising than a swish of skirt and whatever meat her walking had put into her flank.

She is somewhat sad to hear the polka stop, but who knows what twisted mockery of song would be next?

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

The music does indeed turn off. Rocky, who had been pointedly ignoring the whole fracas, turns to the side and looks over to Charlotte, his rock mane flaring out. "Hey, what the heck you doin over there doll? Didn't getting tossed around like a ragdoll once teach you to mind your manners?"

Gorilla Grodd, for his part, glances briefly over to Charlotte, but the looks back at Stephanie with a questioning glance.

The dancers do stop dancing when the music stops. But they don't seem recovered. They simply stand in place, though the smell of glamour that had been coming from them does begin to fade.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

16. - Top - End - #826

"This part of the favor?" He asks again. "Because I really don't want to talk about it."
    "Nah. Just trying to see if I can help is all," said Stephanie.

The music went out. Stephanie sighed a deep sigh of relief.

"I may just hang onto that favour for now. Since I'm stuck here for a few more hours I'll see about getting some sleep or something," Stephanie said.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

"Wait!" he shouts, more fiercely perhaps than he intended. "Uh, wait" he lowers is voice. "If you want to help, I could use it. There's a curse, on this castle. It's forcing me to harvest all this glamour" *he gestures to all the listless people* "I don't even know what for. But every day that passes it weakens me unless I stave it off with glamour."
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #828

"Wait!" he shouts, more fiercely perhaps than he intended. "Uh, wait" he lowers is voice. "If you want to help, I could use it. There's a curse, on this castle. It's forcing me to harvest all this glamour" *he gestures to all the listless people* "I don't even know what for. But every day that passes it weakens me unless I stave it off with glamour."
    "On this castle?" said Stephanie, suddenly intrigued. "Like, the place itself? Does it have, like, someone it possesses or some way to talk to you or something?"

19. - Top - End - #829
    Banned

Charlotte looks to rocky with all the blank naievete of an earnest ten-year old. "I fell." she supplies blankly.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

"On this castle?" said Stephanie, suddenly intrigued. "Like, the place itself? Does it have, like, someone it possesses or some way to talk to you or something?"
    "Is, that really important? There's a place where it's centered, but you don't really need to see it to break the curse. What's important is that the curse is tied to me as the owner of this place, and it will kill me if I try to abandon it."

Charlotte looks to rocky with all the blank naievete of an earnest ten-year old. "I fell." she supplies blankly.
    "Well then plug it back in, bitch!"
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

21. - Top - End - #831

"Is, that really important? There's a place where it's centered, but you don't really need to see it to break the curse. What's important is that the curse is tied to me as the owner of this place, and it will kill me if I try to abandon it."
    "And what does need to be done to break the curse? Start from the beginning," Stephanie said intently.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Banned

Of all the nerve—!

After all she had been through the last few days, the running, the confusing conversations and rules and that headache and the fight with Stephanie and now a fight with Stephanie, and... Ugh!

Charlotte rises, dusts herself off theatrically, and looks at the torn bits of her skirt. "No. Consider it even for damages." Turning, Charlotte walks away, toward the bar, or as near it's direction as she can manage. All the while listening for pursuit, ready to flee the steady stomping of rocky feet.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

"And what does need to be done to break the curse? Start from the beginning," Stephanie said intently.
    "Hell if I know? If I knew how to break it, I'd have broken it. It must have been over a decade since the crazy witch laid it here after she tried to backdoor her way in through the Hedge and I forced her out."

Of all the nerve—!

After all she had been through the last few days, the running, the confusing conversations and rules and that headache and the fight with Stephanie and now a fight with Stephanie, and... Ugh!

Charlotte rises, dusts herself off theatrically, and looks at the torn bits of her skirt. "No. Consider it even for damages." Turning, Charlotte walks away, toward the bar, or as near it's direction as she can manage. All the while listening for pursuit, ready to flee the steady stomping of rocky feet.
    Rocky just shrugs, plugs the cord back in and puts on the next song.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #834

"Hell if I know? If I knew how to break it, I'd have broken it. It must have been over a decade since the crazy witch laid it here after she tried to backdoor her way in through the Hedge and I forced her out."
    "Start at the beginning. Explain it to me like I ain't know nothing about witches or curses but am interested in helping out," said Stephanie.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright. Look, you're in my castle. It's a nice place. About 10 years ago, an old woman tried to access it through the Hedge. I say old woman, but I don't really know who or, what, she was. She appeared as an old crone in a grey cloak and a nose covered in warts, right out of the stories. I don't know how long you've been back, darky, but anytime something happens right out of the stories, you should start screaming and run the other way"

He gives a large grunt at this point and actually heaves himself to his feet, unsteadily.

"So, she tried to come in. I noticed, and since this is my place, I tried to force her out. She wasn't very strong, it felt like I was lifting that doll friend of yours when I grabbed her. But she started muttering crazy talk. Nothin but crazy talk.*

As I forced her back into the hedge via a new portal, there was a flash or something and the curse appeared in the center of my castle. I somehow knew how it worked, and I knew that it would either drain my glamour or my life every day. I'm running a night club here, so it wasn't hard to push things a bit, put an enchantment on the basement here that drives mortals into a frenzy, mix in some regular drugs, let Arthur have his kicks. We've had a few Fae visit. Usually they just order a drink and soak in some extra glamour, then leave. You're the first one to mess with my DJ and insult me to my face."

*If Charlotte is paying even the tiniest bit of attention, it's really obvious that he hesitates at this point. Stephanie probably isn't aware of this, though it's almost obvious enough that even she can pick up on it.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

26. - Top - End - #836

Stephanie was considering, ignoring the tiresome whining that Donkey Kong insisted on ending his story on. She stayed on topic.

"I took down the Sorcerer of Antioch a few years back. What I know about magic I learned by fighting him. Curses tend to be ironic, and the one who cast the spell can lift it. What was the exact wording of her crazy talk? Could be very relevant."

[Stephanie has no Occult, but she has a surprisingly good Investigation pool with a speciality in Puzzles - and if this is 'Straight Out Of The Stories', a curse like this is almost certain to have an ironic loophole or end-condition that'll break it.]

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

What was the exact wording of her crazy talk? Could be very relevant."
    "I, uh, don't really remember."

[Needs a social roll to get him to talk about this.]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

28. - Top - End - #838

"I, uh, don't really remember."

[Needs a social roll to get him to talk about this.]
    "Sure, I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow and see how I feel about hunting some strange witch through the Hedge. She's only got a ten year head start, I reckon I can find her in five," said Stephanie, rolling her eyes.

[Manipulation+Persuasion+Striking Looks, pool of 7 plus any bonuses/penalties]
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-12-10 at 11:53 PM.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

[-2. You're making him look stupid, which admittedly isn't difficult, but he's holding back because he's embarrassed. A little sympathy would work better, even fake sympathy.]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

30. - Top - End - #840

[-2. You're making him look stupid, which admittedly isn't difficult, but he's holding back because he's embarrassed. A little sympathy would work better, even fake sympathy.]
    [Stephanie is slightly drunk and smarting from being punched in the gut. This guy isn't triggering her sympathetic side.

10 - 7 - 8 - 4 - 2 ; nothing on the 10-again, 2 successes.]