New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Total War: Imperial City - IC

The vault was deep, deep under White Gold Tower and the Imperial Palace. By ancient decree, absolute silence was to reign here, but now, an excited shout echoed through it.
    There was a man sobbing. There were exicted whispers. There was running. There were prayers.

"Are you sure? Can't this be a mistake?"
    Talianus was pacing. The other Senators in the chamber were used to that by now. Talianus loved his pacing.
    Gaudeamus shook his head, and drank a few more sips of wine. A rather bad vintage. Too sweet, too dark, too heavy, for his tastes.
    "Have a look yourself. Thirty moth priests sobbing and praying. All struck blind at the same time. We'll have to get more carriages to move them all. And appoint new oracle priests."
    Talianus stopped at the window and looked outside, over the Elven Gardens and the lake, to the mountains of Skyrim in the distance.
    "A new Elder Scroll. Fallen from the sky. What is this world coming to."

The Black Horse Courier
    Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

SENATE DECLARES BEGINNING OF FOURTH ERA!

Senatorial Heralds and Praetorians on Talos Plaza, the Great Forum and at several large intersections today announced that the coming first of First Seed will be declared the first day of the Fourth Era of the Imperial Calender, officially marking these as the last day of the third Era of our great Empire. Our reporter Lucius Gloriosus spoke with the famous historian and astromancer Kyrasheva today about what this means for the Empire and the coming years...

NEW SKIRMISHES IN VVARDENFELL

Informants tell us that the sixth legion has re-taken the Redoran outpost of Maar Gan from Ashlander warriors who have occupied it earlier this week. Captured Ashlanders, amongst them their leader identifying himself as Shamenharrakelviendra, proclaimed that the "righteous rebels" would soon sweep away the "Imperial Filth" in the name of the cult leader identifying himself as Dawnstar, who claims to have taken over the command duties of the Hero Nerevarine who has not been heard from in years, now. Seven ashlander rebels were executed by crucifixion.
    Ebony prices continue to rise as the East Empire Trading Company has lost another two shipments to pirates on the Inner Sea. More on the back page.

IS THE ARBOUR A NEST OF CORRUPTION?

Knight-Lieutenant Findulain of the Knights of the Nine has today accused the Pearl Mirror, an artistic group in the Arboretum's Arbour Ward that our readers may fondly remember from last year's highly popular play The Senator and the Slave of being daedric cultists inclined, so his words "to the most vile of corruptions and deepest excesses of depravity". He is calling for a purge of the entire arbour district in the name of the Nine.

VAMPIRES IN THE CITY?

The Undertaker's Guild is warning that recently, several graves were observed as being dug up, apparently from the inside. The coffins were found empty. This, coupled with three bodies recently found in the sewers beneath the district of the Market district drained of all blood has convinced their spokesman Morkhjar Doomshovel to officially proclaim a plague of vampirism in the city. He urges citizens not to wander the streets alone at night, and not to spend any time alone with strangers.

ARE THE PENS SAFE?

After Imperial investigations linked three deaths to a Durzog (a dog sized salamander-like creature with foot-long teeth) that had recently escaped from the Pens of the Arena district into the sewers, officials are now worried about the safety of the Pens, and if it should be allowed to house such dangerous creatures inside the city walls. We have asked several members of the Hunter's Guild what they think of the incident...
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Total War: Imperial City - IC

The Madcrag Trolls

"We'll hide out in da ruins here fer now boyz. We'll head over ta the city of Ysmir,"

"YSMIR!!!"

"In da morning, with the flags out. We don't want no touble here, remeber."
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-11-17 at 08:23 PM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Newcomers

"Does that island look good?"

"The one with that ruined fort? Yes."

"Right, then. We'll set up our base camp there. Check for tunnels. If there are any, see where they lead."

"I'll get the spider digging, then. Someone send a message back to let them know that we've arrived. There's supposed to be a senate of some kind governing this area. Ansed, get us a representative. Telere, we need information on the different factions in the area."

"I suppose that we establish our base camp, then wait to see who notices?"

"Correct."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

It was dark, only the half light of florescent liquids provided any illumination at all. The figure seated on air was most comfortably viewed in such lighting, for it allowed the eye to pretend that it had simply mistaken a gleam of sweat for the shine of gold.

"My father and mother-father have passed away.
    Purity was the pyre wood which you supplied.
    For the sake of my love, I have become Grey.

All that is required is to know this:
    Between the Ancient Sea and the Star,
    Between the the candle and the flame,
    Between Change and Stasis,
    Falls the Shadow.
    "

So saying he rose and they beheld splendid wings. Taking of a stone sickle which he had left there in the Fifth Era he cut them from his back and they wept.

With the golden flesh soaked in fragrant ichor he fashioned points and placed them over his ears so that he took on the appearance of an elf.

"Now is a time of grand theater.
    I hide my royalty with a golden cloak.
    Let fools think they behold a new god.
    Has it not enough truth for poetry?
    "
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2012-11-17 at 08:58 PM.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Maglerion let out a chuckle, watching a small band of his enslaved goblins run straight into the ambush set for them by a small party of adventurers who had set out to explore the ward after the flames of Akatosh had torched the entire area. the adventurers let loose a yell as they leapt out of hiding, swords swinging and arrows hitting their marks. that would have been the end of his poor minions had it not been for Maglerions quick intervention. he muttered a simple teleportation spell and appeared right in the middle of the fray, slinging destructive spells of all sorts, not caring who he hit. by the end of that short little brawl, not one person, aside from Maglerion himself, was alive. he didnt mourn the loss of his slaves, they were expendable after all, and he had only participated in the fight in order to amuse himself.

You always get satisfaction out of the silliest things... a womans voice said from behind him. turning around, he saw a young imperial woman. though she appeared quite young, barely a woman, Maglerion knew she was quite a bit older than that, simply due to the magical power he had seen her dish out at times.

yes, and posing as the brainless young daughter of a merchant is so much more entertaining now isnt it Caina?

The girl flashed him a wicked smile and said I suppose it does have its advantages. in more ways than one... then turning serious, and tossing him a copy of the latest Black Horse Courier...

to Distant Thunder
    Spoiler
    Show
    greetings mighty storm lord. i would like to propose an alliance between our two mighty groups. we are both looked down upon by the empire and they will not hesitate to put us down if we do not unite.

to the various Seperatist factions in the city
    Spoiler
    Show
    i would like to propose an alliance between all of us. we are outnumbered by the pro-imperial factions in the city and in order to survive we must band together.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Order of the Sainted Blades
    Morale 7

The Grand Masters, and the three Masters below him had concluded their meeting. Pella Almar and Gabrius Vardant went their separate ways. The Chaplain and Seneschal respectively going to their own tasks. However, Corwin Revis, the chosen speaker for the Blades, and Grand Master Damascian Urn stayed behind.

"You seem troubled Damascian."

Damascian looked upon the veteran Master. "Should I be at ease when the battles we fought were just so vultures could descend upon the nation we fought so hard to help endure?"

"It is natural. Can you truly picture the powerful both old and new to sit together determine who the most righteous and capable are? Should long established noble families give up their lands to peasants who just happened to fight off a few demons? Is each faction to objectively weigh its own faults compared to others and stand down if need be?"

Damascian let a wry smile break through his grim demeanor. "We all have our dreams."

"You are already living a dream, boy. You have a beautiful young wife with child. You are leading one of the most respected orders in the Empire, and you have food on your plate. Don't get lost in vain hopes that better men and women rule the world, else you will not be able to look them in the eye with the respect they will demand from you. Accept that our role now is to do what we can for the city. If there are indeed vampires, we will route them out early, and remind the city who we are, and what we offer them."

"In truth I hope there are. I've been neglecting my training. I should probably raise another to the level of Master and unburden some of my responsibilities."

"When one proves themself, you will."

Undertaker's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Order of the Sainted Blades would like to send some of its men to investigate the threat of vampirism in the city, and would speak to anyone within the guild with information about this new infestation.

Imperial Bureacracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ther Order of the Sainted Blades intends to investigate the murders beneath the market district. We wished to inform you of our actions and to ask for your assistance in pointing out who may know more about the murders to help start our inquiries. Thank you.

Senate: Public
    Spoiler
    Show
    Corwin Revis, the representative of the Sainted Blades offers an idea of how to deal with the poverty and discontent in the Weye. He suggests that the Senate and other benefactors put their resources towards rebuilding the Scorch, and allowing refugees in. He suggests to start with building a commercial center and allow refugees with trade skills to set up shop, and then to create a residential area for the larger numbers of refugees.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-11-18 at 05:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thalmor
    D.ESP: 6

Inside the arcane university there is an office located in an out of the way location. Most had forgotten that it existed, which made it perfect for Elenwen's purposes. Quickly checking to make sure she was not followed she entered the office and closed the door.

Looking around at the other people present she knew that what was decided here would have a great effect on the future of her people. Looking around the world she saw Medora, her second in command, and an incredible wizard, if not quite her own power level. Additionally there was Sanyon, the commander of the military forces they had been able to discreetly get into the city, and Valmir who had the ear of several senators.

Seeing that everyone important was here Elenwen began speaking.

With the recent changes we have a large decision before us. While we may continue operating in the shadows as before, we are in a better position than we have ever been. If we are ever to start operating openly it would be now. Everyone, give reports on our readiness.

Sanyon spoke first, saying With the chaos in the imperial city, I think the time to hide in the shadows has passed. With the emperor dead, the empire is at its weakest point, and with the oblivion crisis ended we have enough resources freed up . Now is the time to openly peruse our goals. The legions have taken too many losses to simply shut us down, and with the squabbling in the senate they are in no position to oppose us.

Valmir spoke up following this, saying Indeed, what he says of the senate is true. The senate had been fractured enough that a few senators have even agreed to support our cause. We may not be the most influential faction around, but I should be capable of making sure that they don't focus on us too much. Most of the elven population supports us, so we can expect that to help our position.

Medora spoke last, saying A large portion of the mages have allied with our faction. Elves make up a large portion of the mages, and they support us for obvious reasons. The rest of our supporters rightly think that if we separated we would impose fewer restrictions on magic than the empire. We already have almost complete control over the Perspicuum. However someone else already controls the Arcanum. We are unsure who they are, but that area seems out of our reach, at least for the moment. Despite this we are in a better position magically then we are ever likely to be. I recommend we go public.

Elenwen looked around, and seeing agreement in all of her advisors' eyes she knew she was choosing the correct course. It is agreed then. We will reveal ourselves, and actively campaign for our independence. May we succeed.

To Exthalion's Faction (whoever they are)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have noticed that whoever you represent you are in control of the Arcanum region of the University, and surely you have noticed our presence as well. We wish to know what faction lies next to us. Who are you led by? What are your goals, and are they compatible with ours? We wish to deal with any trouble that may arise now, while it is likely easy to do so.

To the Cabal
    Spoiler
    Show

We are the Thalmor, and represent a group of Altmer and Bosmer who wish for independence from the empire. We are willing to work with you towards this goal.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

The door to the Arcanum opened slowly. It was impossible to see inside as the light pouring out was so great that only a humanoid silhouette. As the doors closed behind it and people's eyes adjusted it resolved into a male mer of some sort.

Its robes were of rich purple satin. The characteristic sheen of magic lent them a faint color as though unseen crimson flames surrounded the figure to reflect upon the garments. Even so it was armored, hands and shoulders were armored and the glint of metal could be seen at the collar and feet. A mask stylized to resemble a long dead chimer hero covered its face. All its armor was of of the most spectacular golden color and in its right hand was a spear or glaive of the same metal who's edge shown pale blue when it moved.

Then he spoke, and gave everyone present a shock. The obviously metal mask moved in perfect sync as though it were a face. (In fact it was not a mask at all, but it would take a few moments for that to sink in.)

"As you have requested, so my Lord caused my lord to send me forth to treat with you. I am Telvanni Kiliban, formerly of the High Ordinators and now a Hand of the Second Tribunal. State what business you have with the lord of lords."
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2012-11-18 at 02:42 AM.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

The Grey Fox sat at waters edge, reading the Black Horse Courier. As he finishes, he chuckles slightly to himself. Beginning of a new age, and a new elder scroll falls from the sky... This is sure to throw the guards into chaos. I think it's time to expand my control a bit... He folds the newspaper under his arm, and strolls back to his headquarters, where he spends a short time writing several notes, which are taken out by trusted personnel.

D ESP 5
    Knights of the Abyss
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings. We understand that you are a group of scoundrels gone off the dodgy path. As you may know (some of your members may have even once served me), the thieves guild has strict rules against harming innocents, though not against non-violent crimes. We would like to know ahead of time whether this will offend your new morals enough that you will oppose us, or if we can work together based off our shared background?

-Grey Fox

Dark Brotherhood
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings. Though we walk different sides of the dodgy path, we are both criminals, and I would like to suggest we work together against the authorities of the city - the Legion and city guards, for instance, who will likely be hounding the both of us.

-Grey Fox

Illiac Bay Corsairs
    Spoiler
    Show

Greating, my fellow thieves. You may have missed the notice, but I run the thieving and illegal activities in the Waterfront. Now, I would love to make you all a branch office of the Guild, put you in charge of your section of the dock, and all I ask is you send us a small amount of your profit (in exchange, we keep the guards off of you). You scratch our back, we'll scratch yours, basically.

-Grey Fox

Bailargeon Shipping
    Spoiler
    Show

A few large men show up at the headquarters of the Shipping company. "Hey, These here storerooms and shops, they're at real risk. There's nasty brigands about in a city like those, no telling when they may tribe to rob such a prosperous business, ya know? Now, me and my friends here, we'd just hate to see that happen to you. If you'd be willing to make a few small payments, say a small percent of your profits, we'd be glad to make sure nothing happens. Turn us down, and..." he shakes his head in false sadness, "there's no telling what might happen, ya know?"

Fisher's Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings. The Grey Fox has pledge to look after the poor of the city, which includes nearly everyone in your guild. We would like to offer you the opportunity to come fully into the fold of our organization. We would be able to offer you good help, keep the guards (or anyone else) from disturbing you, etc.

-Grey Fox

Heartland Smugglers
    Spoiler
    Show

Maybe you missed it, but I control the smuggling business in this city. Since this might be your first time hearing this, I won't get to angry, and will instead offer to simply incorporate you into my business. you retain most of your own independence, you just send me a small amount of your pay, and help me out when I ask, and I keep the guards off you.

-Grey Fox
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-11-18 at 10:05 PM.

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Lost Legion
    The vampires had arrived, after months of forced march they had finally made it to the capitol. It was much bigger than they had imagined it would be and the tiny little village in front of it wasn't so tiny anymore.

The sun is rising, many of us won't make it to the capitol before burning.

Damn! Well, better rest ourselves in this little village, what was it called? Weye or something?

Yes sir!

The inhabitants of Weye watched in fear as the legion moved in. They watched the legion march to town squared and begin addressing the town.

Inhabitants of Weye. Our legions hereby lay claim to your village. We shall provide you with protection, you shall provide us with blood and shelter. To decline us is to insult our generosity, and we shall not be insulted!

And what if we don't want you here! Why would we want to help a mob of vampires? We can't fight you but the empire has soldiers, they could kill you off! You best g-

The man quickly stopped talking as the vampire leader approached him.

We are the imperial legion! We have a right to secure shelter from imperial citizens. Denying us is not only insulting but it is treason, and you can be executed for it. After finishing speaking the vampire leader drew his sword and beheaded the man who he was talking to.

The Lost Legion was given what they demanded. The citizens of Weye were shocked by there restraint. The vampires didn't steal anything or attack anyone.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2012-11-18 at 06:30 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

House Hlaalu

Ralen Uvayn, head of Hlaalu operations in Cyrodiil, relaxed in his private apartment. Below him, distantly, could be heard the sounds of a brothel in operation. A very profitable business, for that matter. And men had a tendency to spill their secrets to those they courted.

The city, however, was a mess. Some mysterious presence in the Arcane University, rumours of a rogue legion killing men as nearby as Weye. Ashlanders attacking Imperial outposts, claiming to be harbingers of the Nerevarine. Fools. The Nerevarine was an outlander, that everyone agreed. That was surely a message from Azura, that the Dunmer should accept those not their own, for who knows what could walk among them.

Still, Chaos brought opportunity. But Order and Stability must follow, for wealth to flow.

To the Morag Tong
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings, Honoured Morag Tong.

We were surprised to see your organisation expanding outside Morrowind once more. However, we do not wish to provoke any hostility between our organisations, either here, or in the Homeland.

I hope we can pursue a mutually profitable relationship. I would be interested to hear your prices for the removal of men. I also would ask one courtesy. If ever an organisation is to take out a contract on a Hlaalu man, I ask that I be informed, so that I may offer you a better price.

To the Phoenix Mercenaries
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. House Hlaalu has long had use for men such as yourselves.

I would be interested to know the prices your organisation asks for the use of your men. Know that Hlaalu pays well, and always pays in full.

Ralen Uvayn

To the East Empire Company
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings.
    As I am certain you are aware, the Great House Hlaalu is expanding operations into Cyrodiil. We hope to represent Dunmer mercantile interests in the Empire. I hope our relationship in Cyrodiil can be as mutually profitable and co-operative as it is has been in Morrowind.

Ralen Uvayn
    House Cousin of Great House Hlaalu

12. - Top - End - #12

Distant Thunder to the Arcane Cabal [3]

Spoiler
    Show
    The veil is burning again and the clouds are separated from the wind by flames. Little broken souls dance blindly from era to era yet the cloud of et'Ada reflects in the mirror outside and the mirror in the depths. In infinite mutation, we find infinite reflection. The sword can not slay the clouds that arise before the storm.

And yet, there is curiosity. What are the limits of a mortal mind? Can they reach what lies out of reach?"

Undertaker's Guild to the Order of the Sainted Blades [4]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Not much to say, really. There's probably a few books you could read, but what we can tell you is this: we have empty coffins and dug-up graves, so someone is not quite as dead as they appear to be. We have corpses drained of blood. Experienced vampires don't do that, it is too obvious. They could only drain a little. It is new infestation.
    Look for anyone who's just a bit sick for two or three days, then suddenly dies with no apparent symptoms. If they later return and say they never died in the first place, you have your vampire. Cyrodiilic vampires are complicated. They can look completely normal, if they want to. If you meet one, hope you have plenty of fire. Or silver, that works too."

Illiac Bay Corsairs to the Fox [5]

Spoiler
    Show
    "A docking fee, is it? We might just as well deal with the Bureaucracy, then!

In all seriousness, though: our business is rarely here, in the city. Too many galleys of the Imperial navy, too little cover. We'll stay down in the bay. Between the jungles of Elsweyr and the marshes of Argonia, they will never find us. This is an outpost, and we're not moving any goods here any time soon.
    But certainly, we can give you a cut of what we earn up here, that's only fair.

Baillargeon Shipping to the Thieves' Guild [2]

Spoiler
    Show
    "What a nice attempt at Blackmail. I don't think you have a good idea on how economy works. We ship grain. There's little profit in that, and most of that, we use for fees and taces. If we have to pay to you as well, we'll simply pull out our barges, empty the silos here in the city, and let the city starve. Starting with the poorest districts.

Have a nice day
    Marcellus Baillargeon

Fisher's Guild to the Thieves' Guild [1]

Spoiler
    Show
    "No offence to the Fox, but we keep out of politics. Chosing sides between the Guard and the Thieves can not possibly end up well for us.

Heartland Smugglers to the Thieves' Guild [5]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Times change, your Foxship. It's a new era, now. Who might say what could happen to the guild."

13. - Top - End - #13

The Phoenix Mercenaries

A Fourth Era they say...another attempt of the senate to keep up hopes and to anchor their position in this world?
    Hargath did not care much. Although his younger brother was behind him in the room, the question was not for him and Morgath knew that.

Lets get to business instead of wandering what those wine-sippers want. House Hlaalu has contacted us. They want our service.

House Hlaalu? Interesting, I expected the Senate to be the first on our doorstep with the announcement of a new Era.

Morgath just shrugged. The house is rich and may pay us well.

Public
    Spoiler
    Show
    A new Era has dawned and from the ashes of the Third Era, The Phoenix Mercenaries arise! Rat problem? Cultists in the backyard? Demons wandering about? We have the men you need to root out these evils.

To House Hlaalu
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are eager to accept you representative at our guild house to discuss business. I, Hargath, will receive you or your representative in person.

14. - Top - End - #14

The 13th Legion

"What!" General Gaius Aricanus bolted up from his desk so quickly that his chair flew backwards. The messenger jumped a little bit. He hadn't been expecting that kind of reaction from the general, not with his advanced age. "How did an entire host of armed men managed to approach the city with us none the wiser, much less actually occupying Weye?

The General turns to the Argonian leaning against a wall a few feet away. "Legate, rouse the Legions. And then take a small host to Weye. Find out exactly what is going on!" The Argonian salutes the general, his fist thumping against his breastplate. "It will be done, general." As the Argonian turns and leaves the room, the General has righted his chair, and sat down heavily. "We haven't even started the 4th era yet, and already we have invaders practically at the gates of the Imperial City. How much longer will the empire stand, I wonder? The general looks back to the messenger, standing there somewhat uncomfortably. "A rhetorical question, of course. Thank you Legionnaire, you are dismissed." The man leaves, and the General pulls out a map of the Isle and the surrounding area. He would need to think about this.

The Lost Legion (Morale: 6, but really this is something happening in public so anyone can really see it.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Across the Talos Bridge, a group of mounted men approach Weye. They fly the banner of the Empire, as well as bearing the Imperial Drake of the 13th Legion. The horsemen stop as they get near Weye, and one of them moves forward. It's an Argonian wearing simple Legion armor, but bearing an ornate sword and spear. He speaks loudly, "I am Legate Meerkalem of the Empire's 13th Legion. This host of men has illegally approached the Imperial City and illegally occupies the town of Weye. I will speak to your commanding officer, NOW."

The Bridge Guard (Morale: 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Are these guys basically the city guard, or is there another group for that? If they're not, then I might redact this message.

As you've probably heard, a great host has arrived in the town of Weye. We know not their intentions, so is probably a good idea to prepare your men for the possibility that they are hostile, and attempt to cross the Talos Bridge and attack the city.

General Gaius Aricanus
    Last edited by Sithis; 2012-11-18 at 11:05 AM.
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

15. - Top - End - #15

OOC for everyone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Bridge Guard are responsible for opening and closing the gates on Talos Bridge and collecting bridge fees and gate tolls. It has become a more or less ceremonial position since an earlier emperor made the use of the bridge free. The actual city guard is rather low in numbers and the duties are shared between the Senatorial Praetorians and the prison wardens.

The bridge has three small citadels/watchtowers on it, each with a gate, and they can all be defended, if necessary.

The Bridge Guard to the 13th legion: [2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are prepared to close and defend the gates, if necessary, though we lack the men for an extended siege.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-11-18 at 11:04 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

The EETC to House Hlaalu [4]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Why, certainly. We see no reason why our partnership can not extend to all provinces, and especially to the city, now that it so rife with the promises. To a new era of profit and cooperation!

17. - Top - End - #17

Krut's Pit Fighters

To the 13th Legion and the Senate (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

With the problems in the city mounting, we are willing to take over the holding of criminals. We will use them in the Arena and if they survive the sentence they will be freed. This should save the city a good deal of money, and if this host of men do attack the city holding prisoners may get difficult.

To Hunters Guild (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

We trust you are going to get this escaped creature problem under control. Its proximity to the Arena is startling, and if you are not able to contain your own problems we will come in and solve it our way.

To The Madcrag Trolls (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your group is new to the area, and I'm sure many will not like your presence. One of the best ways to gain a positive light in the city is through the Arena. If you allow a few of your number to come fight in the Arena, we will take the strongest under our wing, which should eventually give a positive light on your group. Does this seem like a acceptable plan?

18. - Top - End - #18

Senate to the Pit Fighters [3]

Spoiler
    Show
    "We have brought it to the attention of the Arena Director. The Wardens assure us that they have more than enough space for criminals currently, but that may of course change, volatile as the situation is.

Criminals were used in the arena before, but the practise was outlawed by back in the time of Pelagius the first. Would you like to make an official appeal to the Senate to change this law?

Hunter's Guild to the Pit Fighters [3]

Spoiler
    Show
    Hunting is our job. Your's is killing things with a lot of theatrics. Keep doing that, we will keep doing our job, and everyone is happy.

19. - Top - End - #19

WolfInSheepsClothing

Newcomers
    ESP-D: 5

"I've found a few contacts in the city. A letter was intercepted identifying a grain shipping company, and there are a group of mercenaries is advertising their services. Our net is growing, slowly."

"Very good, contact them."

To: Phoenix Mercenaries [5?]
    Spoiler
    Show

Good day, sir. I am Norgrun, representing a small band of researchers out in Vvardenfell. We would be interested in hiring mercenaries to help clear out some of the ruins there.

If you're interested, then I suppose that the only question is one of compensation. I've got three chests full of coins. How many mercenaries would that buy?

To: Baillargeon Shipping [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Good day, sir. I am Ansed, representing a small band of researchers out in Vvardenfell. We would be interested in purchasing some grain, if that is possible here.

If that is not possible here, would you have a recommendation as to where we could purchase large supplies of grain, or other foodstuffs?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

To 13th legion [not secret at all]
    Spoiler
    Show
    After a few minutes a grumpy looking vampire approaches you, you can tell that he doesn't like being out in the sun. He wears a really out-dated legion uniform. This is Commander Skarik the Great from the 2nd legion. I am an imperial soldier and so are my men.We have arrived at our glorious capitol after centuries of captivity! Now some other legion comes to tells us that we are not welcome here?

21. - Top - End - #21

Baillargeon to the Newcomers [2]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Shipping grain is what we do. Be warned, though: We mostly sell by the ten-ton barge. Our prices, however, are the lowest in the Empire."

22. - Top - End - #22

WolfInSheepsClothing

Newcomers
    ESP-D: 5

To: Baillargeon Shipping [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm unsure if we can afford an entire barge, but we would like to purchase as much as is possible."

Ansed pulls out a small rod with an inset crystal, and points it at the floor. A steam scarab crawls in, staggering under the weight of an iron-bound chest filled with golden coins.

"How much grain would this suffice to purchase?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Morag Tong

Orius walked silently down the alleyway, listening for the sounds of familiar voices ahead. The alley turned a bend, extending only a few more metres before ending abruptly at a stone wall. Three cloaked figures stood in the dead-end watching the alleyway with hidden expressions on their face. Orius approaches the figures; one addressing him softly

"Were you followed?"

"No, where is Ecerin?" Orius responded flatly

A shadowy figures appeared beside the four, a plume of darkness, quickly dissipating to take the form of another cloaked figure.

"Here"

"Good, then we are all here. Let's get down to business."

One of the figures spoke, her voice feminine;

"Are you sure about this plan? It puts us in a very dangerous position."

"There is time to reconsider most of it, but the first move must be this one. We can't allow the lawful forces in the city to think they are alone."

To House Hlaalu [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings House Hlaalu,

"Thank you for your words. I hope these chaotic times do nothing to disrupt the relationship we have."

"I will extend you that courtesy, as a gift. I may have to revoke it at a later date, but I will tell you if I do so. Prices for the removal of men depend very much on the man. Generally though, we will will work for the base rate. None can beat our prices, less they are losing money in the process."

To the Thieves Guild [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My organisation exclusively deals in death, yours exclusively deals in other things. Perhaps we can form a friendship of sorts."

The Guiding Hand [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We are neighbours, but our areas of work are entirely unrelated to each other. I hope this means we will not come into conflict"

To the Sainted Blades [PM 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings Damascian Urn, I am Danunrar, Exalted Master of the Morag Tong."

"I have come to you today to request your assistance in removing a significant threat to the city. the Dark Brotherhood has established itself beneath the Imperial Prison, and would work to undermine the integrity of the city least they are stopped."

"Will you aid us?"

To the Thirteenth Legion [PM 2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings General Gaius Aricanus, I am Danunrar, Exalted Master of the Morag Tong"

"You must know by now that you have some rather horrifying neighbours. The Dark Brotherhood have established themselves only one neighbourhood away form yourself, hiding in the ruins beneath the Imperial Prison".

"They are a direct threat to the city, and cannot be allowed to continue operating. We request your aid in destroying them."

To the Knights of the Nine [PM 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Knights of the Nine, I do not worship your gods, but if you would stand against evil, then we would stand with you."

"The dark brotherhood infests the city, occupying the area beneath the Imperial Prison. They must be stopped, and we intend to muster the forces to do so. Will you join us?"

To the Wardens: [PM 4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Commander, congratulations on your work. Your organisation has over the years done a great service to the empire."

"But now we are in one of our darkest hour, and the forces of chaos muster to destroy our work. The Dark Brotherhood has established itself below the the Imperial Prison. Surely their first target will be you."

"We would stand against them, and request your aid in doing so."

To Marcus Celsus Valentinus [PM 5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Commander Marcus Celsus of the Praetorians, I am Danunrar, Exalted Master of the Morag Tong.

"I have come to you today to discuss a corruption that plagues the Imperial City. It is no secret the Dark Brotherhood have established themselves beneath the Imperial prison district. They can't be allowed to operate in peace, less their works undermine the integrity of the city."

"I will be moving to destroy them, and request your aid in doing so"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-21 at 05:44 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

House Hlaalu Morale: 4

To Phoenix Mercenaries
    Spoiler
    Show
    My apologies, but I am absorbed by my work at present, and would have some difficulty arranging a meeting in person.

I have no specific work for you at this moment, regardless. I merely was inquiring for a quote of your prices.

To the East Empire Trading Company [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed. For now, we should pool what influence we have in the Senate. Until a new Emperor is coronated, as one surely must be, we have an opportunity to influence trade law, to promote growth.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Thieves Guild (D ESP 5)

Morag Tong
    Spoiler
    Show

I have no quarrel with you, so long as you do not target my men, and among fellow walkers of the dodgy path, we are always looking for allies. Should you need something from us, send a message. I'm sure we can work something out.

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Morag Tong

To the Dark Brotherhood: [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Our organisations are more similar than they might appear. Together we could be a powerful force in the city. Would you consider allying with me?"

- Danunrar, Exalted Master of the Morag Tong

To the Thalmor: [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I can see you're going to be a key player in cities affairs over the coming months. I am writing this letter simply to remind you that my order is present in the city and available if you require our services."

- Danunrar, Exalted Master of the Morag Tong

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Village of Weye

Along the road is a intresting sight. Carrying a large white flag, it seems a troop of ten heavily armored Trolls is approching the bridge. Seeing the two legions, they do a complete stop. Their leader, the biggest one with armor that you swaer moves slightly, approches.... along with a human wearing robes marked with the symbol of Talos.

The Large Troll speaks, his voice rough and his language.... could use work.

"Hail! I'm da Cheif er the Mad Crag Trolls, we come here cuse this where we join der empire? And apply fer town ch.. chart.. charter?"
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Order of the Sainted Blade
    Espionage Defense 7

Morag Tong-PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Danunrar, Exalted Master of the Morag Tong,

I admit I had been expecting such a request, only I thought it would have been the Legionnaires to suggest such action. I find myself wondering how fully I can trust you knowing that someday soon a contract may be put on me or a comrade and friend.

The Order of the Sainted Blades has already committed a number of its knights to rooting out and destroying the new vampiric infestation. However, we can contribute at least a couple dozen men, led by one of the order's most talented. I will await you final confirmation to enact this plan, along with all participating forces, and your strategy in eliminating the Dark Brotherhood.

Cordially,

Grand Master Damascian Urn

[I can promise + military and one hero. Potentially ++ military, maybe.]

Thi'kit Caravan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Preceptor Addrim Bors, a zealous member of the Order of the Sainted Blades is running an investigation into deaths around the Market District. He goes to the Thi'kit Caravan first. He describes the possible clues given by the Gravediggers Guild. Potentially uspects are those reported dead mistakenly, and anyone who caught a terrible disease only to swiftly recover. Addrim is hoping to secure at least + espionage from all the market faction to be used in this investigation. If successful, Addrim will root out and destroy the vampires himself.

Addrim is a younger man in his early twenties. Blonde hair that suggests he may have Skyrim blood in him. He is also tattooed from neck to heel in small glyphs. He is not much for small banter, and seems fanatical to his order.

Guild of Goldsmiths and Money Lenders
    Spoiler
    Show
    Led by Preceptor Addrim Bors, a number of the Blades enter the market district. Using the advice of the Gravediggers, Addrim and his men ask the local factions if they know of anyone who was rumored to have passed away, if anyone had become sickly with no cause, etc. He is also hoping to secure at least + espionage from each faction to use in uncovering the vampires for the EoT. If uncovered, Addrim will personally lead the attack to destroy them.

The Paper Guild Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same as Guild of Goldsmiths and Money Lenders. Trying to find clues, and trying to cconvince them to use + esp or more this EoT.

The Black Horse Courier
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same. The Blades are also happy to admit that yes, they will be rooting out and destroying the infestation fate willing. Good press and all that.

The Guild of Alchemists
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same. Take note that I intentionally did not include the Daedric Cultists.

Guild of Armorers and Weaponsmiths
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Gabrius Vardant and his retinue speak with this guild. Although they too inquire about vampirism, he has a slightly different objective. The Sainted Blades, for obvious reasons, are hoping to gain a mutual partnership with this guild. After all, the market district needs warriors to protect it, and who better than the Sainted Blades? What better place to work from than the Armorers' Street? [This will be in my EoT]

29. - Top - End - #29

The 13th Legion

Weye

Legate Meerkalem snarls at the vampire, showing some quite large teeth of his own. "An army of vampires claiming to be a Legion? Very well, I'll play. You have invaded and occupied an Imperial Township. You have threatened and murdered it's people. To answer your question; no. You are not welcome, despite what you are or what you claim to be. You have two choices: You will lay down your arms and surrender to Imperial justice, or you will withdraw your men from the Province of Cyrodil. If you do not do one of these things within one (turn*), then the 13th Legion will remove you from Weye by whatever means necessary. Am I clear?

It's about that moment a gravely voice rings out. Meerkalem turns his head to see... "Are those trolls?"

Morag Tong (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I appreciate your warning. It seems we have a lot on our plate here, what with an assassin's guild under our feet, a potential hostile army at our doorstep, and separatists around every corner. It seems we may need whatever allies we can get. Even if they're a guild of assassins that are technically illegal in Cyrodiil. At least your reputation paints you as somewhat more...stable, than the Dark Brotherhood.

As long as you refrain somewhat from your normal work, I think we may be able to help each other. I believe that the Legion is, in fact, authorized to deputize civilians if need be.

General Gaius Aricanus

Krut's Pit Fighters (Morale: 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

As it may have been pointed out already, the Wardens are actually the agency that is in charge of the Prisons. You would probably want to speak with Commander Feet-On-Shore-And-Water, though he has given me no reason to believe that they're having trouble housing prisoners of late.

General Gaius Aricanus

Senate, Imperial Bureaucracy (Morale 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

(A message sent quickly by riders.)

Umm...we seem to have a group of trolls that wish to petition to formally be recognized as Imperial Citizens and a town charter. What should we do here?

Legate Meerkalem of the 13th Legion

*Inset the length of a turn here. I believe it was a week?
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Thieve's Guild (D ESP 5)

Mad Crag Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the city. Like most of us, I'm sure your about to experience first-hand the distaste the city has for those who aren't rich, powerful, or beautiful. We happen to be an organization that promotes that exact oppressed majority. Should you find yourself needing a group that can promise acceptance based only on your abilities (which you have plenty of), please feel free to contact us.

Go Tigers!