New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Privateers in the Depths (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Crit confirm
    (1d20+10)[12]
    (1d8)[8]
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Octopus continues towards the ship through the scary ghostly figures as though unable to see them.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Octopus, will save
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Something in the deep moves, and reaches up to grab octopus, while a dozen creatures appear surrounding the sailors on deck. A revolting fishlike amphibian with four pulsating blueblack orifices lining the bottom of its body moves, flailing the tentacles from the orifices.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It had invisiblity up.

(1d20+12)[22]
    (1d20+12)[21]
    (1d20+12)[18]
    (1d20+12)[25]
    (1d6+8)[12]
    (1d6+8)[9]
    (1d6+8)[12]
    (1d6+8)[14]

Roll 4 DC 19 fort saves, please.

My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

5. - Top - End - #65

(1d20+8)[25]
    (1d20+8)[16]
    (1d20+8)[27]
    (1d20+8)[21]
    ((Lame, next time I'm not holding back in combat...))

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The saves are only if the respective attacks hit you, which im not sure if they did.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

I hereby proclaim this a new game.

Ralasha, i dont have a character name nor backstory, and your character doesnt have the leadership feat. Could you put that in please? Thanks.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

8. - Top - End - #68

Fixed my feat with a flaw, and added a name.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Alaya knelt in the center of the temple, silently contemplating the bas relief of Frellon, God of Honor, as she waited for the priest return. Since her exile from her home of Snow-in-the-Light, or Gusrk, in the common language, she had worked on and off for the church of Frellon, both as a diplomat and as a warrior. One small town owed her a life-debt, from when she had protected them from that one goblin tribe in the night. Ah, their blood had flowed from her blade. Her warriors, individual men and women had made her proud, warriors and hedgers alike. Indeed, that had been the night she had met Sectuus. She had, in fact, almost killed Sectuus, believing her to be one of the goblins, and only the miss of her ponderous hand and a half sword had saved Sectuus. But now the priest was returning, and her mind focused again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since you dont appear to have a backstory -- Alaya is the daughter of a minor noble in a mixed tribe of half and full giants. As she had an older brother, at 18 she performed the dance of blades with him, and lost, losing her status, for there cannot be two leaders of the tribe. Leaving the tribe, she journeyed south from the Peaks of Aton in the far, far, north, near the very rim of the (flat) world. Having performed odd jobs for the church for the last few years, along with some freelancing, she has gathered a small band of likeminded warriors and adepts (known as hedgers). (I suggest you think of a name for such a group. Now you have just returned from a mission (killing a shadow that had been lurking in a cave near a well travelled road, if you were curious). You have the option to continue to take quests/assignments from the church or strike out on your own. Either way, the church will provide free accomodations, as well as food and drink. Your men from leadership are staying in a small house that the church owns in the town in which you are based (4000 inhabitants). You may assign NPC classes as you see fit to them -- dont make more than a couple or three adepts. As a final note, I'd like a spell list for the wizard, and an explanation of how all first and second level spells are known (is this a pathfinder thing?). Also, Pictures of both would be great, if you have a free moment, as it makes it easier to visualize.

The priest enters the room, a bustling, easygoing fellow named Burl. Youre back quickly! The Abbot will be pleased!
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-09-21 at 12:27 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

10. - Top - End - #70

Alaya stands and faces Burl. "Hello Burl."
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2012-09-21 at 07:46 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Burl moves around busily, talking quickly, and nervously. "So, are you going to stay? Rumors have been being told of the war near Markien, and there have been bandits on the road. Theres one particularly nasty halforc with a few men with him that believes himself the master of a certain swamp. And on top of all that, lord Nasher is starting to demand higher taxes of the church. Can you believe his nerve?!
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

12. - Top - End - #72

"Many churches have gold, silver, electrum, and even platinum adorning their places of worship. Are you saying you don't find such displays distasteful? Would such wealth not go better towards other goals? Feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, even starting businesses. Businesses would at least improve the general wealth in any given area, while simultaneously improving the income of the church, which could then be recycled, allowing for greater expansion."

She paces along with him.

"I think I'll go take care of this half-orc first. Such things cannot be allowed. They can be dangerous. I'll check him out. If he has good intent, and action... then I think I'll leave him be. If he's tyrannical, or a threat to the common folk, I'll end him. "

"Actually... Are the bandits nearby?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Burl looks a little taken aback. "Are you saying that we should not honor the gods? They are higher beings -- they give us so much, it would be disrespectful not to do the same. Just as the shepherd doesn't give his clothes to warm the sheep, so too it is with gods and men. And additionally, it impresses the locals. It gives them something greater than themselves to believe in." he says in a way that suddenly reminds you of his southern origins.
    "Besides, Frellon does not have that problem in so great a way -- as you can see, our adornments are bronze, though admittedly fairly well worked.

He pauses for thought.

The bandits are up and to the northeast of Sumra. They seem fairly well organized -- we haven't actually managed to kill any yet. They take from only the richest shipments. The half-orc is on the Contar-Sumra road, a score and a half miles to the south.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

14. - Top - End - #74

She nods. "I was not necessarily speaking of this church in specific. Are they violent? Do these bandits kill unnecessarily?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Burl shrugs. "That is why we are followers of Frellon. The bandits, in fact, havent killed anyone that we know of. The merchants that pass through with richer loads simply report blacking out, to awake hours later wearing only cloth sacks.

Its almost funny."
    He says, with a mischevious grin.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

16. - Top - End - #76

Alaya allows herself a small grin. "It is indeed funny. I think I'll go and take a look into these occurrences. It may be that this half-orc deserves his domain. I will see how he treats his people. I would like to request two horses from the church. I think I will also visit the bandits, and ask them not to be so thorough, lest they draw the attention of some overzealous paladin."
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2012-09-24 at 06:21 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

The horses will be provided. Will you be taking your men? If not, I would like to pass on a request from the abbot to use your men on guard duty. We have resources, but they are limited.

You should also take care with the half orc. He is not the friendly bandit the others are...is there anything else?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

18. - Top - End - #78

"Would the church prefer I take my men, or rather use them for guards? If you would rather I take them... I'm not certain what I shall do, aside from buying everyone a backpack and ten rations."
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2012-09-27 at 02:39 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Either is acceptable. Leaving them here will be fine, When will you be leaving? As he speaks, he glances out the window at the sinking orange orb in the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Couldve sworn I posted....its about 5-6 in the afternoon.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-09-27 at 10:39 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

20. - Top - End - #80

"Tomorrow, around sunrise. I think I'll also go get a map."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

I will copy one out for you myself tonight. Exactly how large of a map did you want? And with that, good night.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

22. - Top - End - #82

It's mostly intended as an IC device.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not exactly sure what you mean by that. Do you want an actual map? Also, could you please put OOC conversation in a spoiler? It helps me keep in rp mentality. Thanks.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

24. - Top - End - #84

Spoiler
    Show
    The map is for my character, so that she has a means of navigation over land. Thus: an IC device.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rest the night, and prepare however you wish. The horses are waiting in the courtyard. You can engage people in conversation, or leave, as you wish.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

26. - Top - End - #86

Alaya heads out of the temple, and to the cartographer for a map covering this area, and the area she is yet to travel. She then heads to her resting place, and sleeps for the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

The map costs a gold coin, but it seems a decent representation of the surrounding area, assuming its accurate. The next morning, Burl brings up her horses, a matched pair of light horses. The bandits are that way, and the half orc is down that road. Good luck, whichever route you take. Take care. He blushes a bit.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

28. - Top - End - #88

"You as well." She gets her cohort, and heads first to the bandits.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Alaya canters down the road, her friend nearby. Reaching a bridge, Alaya feels a slight twinge of unease - the last town they passed was a good seven miles back, a fair distance should anything happen. And she would be entering the bandit territory soon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot/Listen, and you may take other actions as well if you wish.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

30. - Top - End - #90

Alaya suggests to her friend that they both cast protection from evil, in ortder to prevent any attempts at mental influence. Alaya then casts said spell upon herself.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2012-10-09 at 09:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、