New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Not Another Swashbuckler Build!

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Jade Dragon, that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    D'aww, shucks. I'mma sig that.
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

For the record Crasical, I'm sorely tempted to make a Bard/Swordsage who draws his strength from the power of rock.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

For the record Crasical, I'm sorely tempted to make a Bard/Swordsage who draws his strength from the power of rock.
    Using Undersong to make a Lord of the Dance has been around for a long time, my only addition was to use Weapon Drill instead of dance/sing/musical instrument. Though using Oratory and talking down the fireball has some appeal on it's own...

Anyway, if you actually do, PM me and tell me how it goes. The only time I tried out this build myself I died in the first session.
    [..] that post by Crasical...I can't find the words. Were I capable of emotion, I would cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokuhara View Post
    That's beautiful Crasical... Simply marvelous.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crasical View Post
    Using Undersong to make a Lord of the Dance has been around for a long time, my only addition was to use Weapon Drill instead of dance/sing/musical instrument. Though using Oratory and talking down the fireball has some appeal on it's own...

Anyway, if you actually do, PM me and tell me how it goes. The only time I tried out this build myself I died in the first session.
    Addendum: Be sure your Warblade has a Ring of Evasion (SRD, 25,000 gp) and a Tabard of Valor (Complete Champion, p. 142, 16,000 gp) as soon as possible, or whenever possible. Not only do you make all of the saves, but you make them in style--and walk out completely unscathed.
    Homebrew!
    5e: Expanded Inspiration Uses

Spoiler: 3.5/P Stuff. Warning: OLD
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Wow. Just... wow. I find myself bowing to true masters of Tier Five Optimization, masters who can do such without sacrificing character fluff, and have, in fact inspired myfriend to go even further with his character.

Now, he hasn't abandoned St. Cuthbert, but has added Wee Jas to the mix, finding him (the PC) sponsored by both. At level 1, he has drawn from Drgn # 349 to replace Det. Evil with Gaze of Truth (a good bodyguard ability in a setting of intrigue) and also added Smiting Arrow, which adds to, rather than replacing, the Smite Evil ability. He has also replaced Ride with Tumbling. Considering his odd patronage/matronage, he will be allowed to cherry-pick levels of Ruby Rose Knight and Mystic Fire Knight (a la Wee Jas). As for St. Cuthbert's influence, his first feat chosen is Cuthbert's Smite, followed by Power Attack. So will he embody the ideas of Justice, Chivalry, Learning, and even Courtly Romance, all while kicking bushles upon bushles of vile posterior!

H'e's also trying to figure a way to weasle-in and abuse that Weapons Drill thing, of course ...

Now, as promised a day or two ago, my re-work of the [I]Swashbuckler Class[/I]:

BAB, Saves, HD, and Starting Money are the same.
    Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Jump, Profession, Sense Motive, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope; (4+ Int Mod) x 4, +(4+ Int Mod)/class level

WP: simple, martial, + 1 light (or Wp Finesse) or ranged Exotic WP
    AP: light, lt. shield, buckler

Special:
    Weapon Finesse (1)
    Riposte (1, + each odd-numbered level, as in Cityscape Web Enh.)
    Grace (2, 11, 20, as origional)
    Insightful Strike (3,as origional)
    AC Bonus (4, as Swdsg Wisdom bonus to AC, but based onstead on Intelligence; opperates in no/lt armor and shields)
    Dodge (5, as feat, +1 ea. at levels 10, 15, and 20; also acts as feat for prerequisites)
    Accrobatic Charge (7, as origional)
    Imp. Flanking (8, as origional)
    Lucky (11, as origional)
    Accrobatic Mastery (13, as origional)
    Weakening Critical (14)
    Slippery Mind (17)
    Wounding Critical (19)

OK, let THAT slaughter begin!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

If he dips Warblade at 9th level, he can grab all three of the auto-saves at the same time with only a single level invested, with obvious benefits.
    Homebrew!
    5e: Expanded Inspiration Uses

Spoiler: 3.5/P Stuff. Warning: OLD
    Show