New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Highland Archipelago: Terror in the Mist (IC)

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    12/12
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +1
    |
    Darkvision 60'
    [/table]

Pedivere stubbed one of the creatures with the toe of his boot, looking in muted disgust at the evil beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt that this will identify the critters, but you never know.
    Knowledge: Religion (1d20+4)[5]

We need to make sure that there are no more in the building, and search for any possible survivors. He looked around the room and his eyes settled on Mikani.

Mikani, do you know if these outposts have an alert such as a bell? If this outpost has been attacked, it's possible that others have been as well, or if not yet they may be soon. It would be a good idea if we could alert the residents and guards of the immediate threat.

The Paladin then walked over to the half-elf. Your blade is deadly Vash, well fought.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

If there isn't an alert system of any sort, it might be wise to send someone to raise the alarm manually. Vash. Can you check upstairs for any more of them? Casius peers over the corpses as he speaks, his sunrod held high to spread as much light as possible as he studies the corpses.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge checks.
    Religion: (1d20+6)[10]
    The Planes (1d20+6)[17]
    Last edited by Hunter548; 2012-06-02 at 11:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

You can't really identify the creatures but they seem to be young, almost human in form, aside from dark purple skin, and the claws, razor sharp teeth, and yellow eyes.
    Call me Crazy

4. - Top - End - #94

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    12/12
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +1
    |
    Darkvision 60'
    [/table]

Pedivere recoiled in horror after getting a closer look at the creatures. He reached down and with his left hand, he gently moved the head of one, so that it was no longer lolling to the side, but facing directly up.

Surely not, he whispered. Surely no force could corrupt children like this? I hope I am wrong, but do these look like they could be the missing children, debased with dark and vile magic?

He let the head fall back into place and began looking for a bell to ring the alarm.

You are right Casius, he paused taking a couple seconds to move one of the bodies out of his way, if there is no alarm, we will have to raise it ourselves. It is a pity that only a week before I boarded the vessel to come here, I had a horn of bone and gold. Alas that it was stolen by thieves. It had a piercing note that could have rent the night air and alert the city that something was amiss.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Mikani looks over them, and grimaces. "Oh..."

She quickly starts muttering what sounds like a prayer in a strange language.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #96

a grown from the bottom of the stairs startles you, and you notice the one that fell down the stairs move alittle.
    Call me Crazy

7. - Top - End - #97

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    12/12
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +1
    |
    Darkvision 60'
    [/table]

Pedivere was just about to move another of the creatures out of his way as he intended to climb the stairs when the corpse he reached for groaned in pain. His hands were almost on it when it twitched. Without delay, the Paladin curled his right hand into a fist and jabbed the creature hard on the side of the head. After a satisfying thud sent the creature back unconscious, he spoke once more.

We should try and determine if there is any magical corruption in play here, which might mean keeping these alive. If they are children, there might be a way to reverse the process, though I defer to you who know more about magic than I.

Pedivere then climbed the stairs looking for a bell, for if there was one in the watch house, it surely would be at the upper levels.

Spoiler
    Show
    Punch for non-lethal damage (1d3+3)[5]

8. - Top - End - #98

The jab sends the creature back into an knocked-out state, the stairs lead up into an aweful stench, once you get up, you are horrified by the sight of 3 guards, chained to the wall, one's head has been removed entirely and seems to be in a state of rot, one gasped as he fought the pain of a ripped open stomach, his guts lying in front of him, half eaten, the last seems to be the least physically harmed, various bite wounds are scaring over on him, but he seems to be in a state of delirium, whimpering in fear as you approach, muttering "No, No, they're coming back, don't eat me, don't show me more, stop... don't smile, the laughs!"
    Call me Crazy

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Mikani looks sick as she sees the guards, and barely holds back from actually vomiting. She mutters again in the strange language, then looks around for keys to the manacles.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's speaking in Minkai- since no one else knows it, I didn't translate it outside the spoilers, but she said <Shizuru shine her light on us.

Perception Check if needed. (d20+2)[15]

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

La Siréene walks forward, Casting a healing spell on the man with gaping wounds who appear to be gasping for air.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+1)[4] Cure Light Wounds
    Last edited by APersonAmI; 2012-06-03 at 01:51 AM.
    If A Person Am I is too long an handle, feel free to call me APMI.

11. - Top - End - #101

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    12/12
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +1
    |
    Darkvision 60'
    [/table]

Pedivere tries to calm the guard down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy to calm (1d20+10)[13]

OOC - quick post as I'm nursing the baby atm.

12. - Top - End - #102

The Horrible wounds the man has are beyond La Siréene's ability to heal,

The attempts to calm the insane man have no effect.

You easily find the keys to the manacles, as they are hung just out of reach of the imprisoned guards, over their heads.
    Call me Crazy

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

*Order Of Events*
    La Siréene notes Bishop's wound, and considers healing him, but the man seems tough- he'll survive without arcane intervention. Best save it for those who can't.

La Siréene looks upon the creatures, as Pedivere and Mikani expresses their shock at the- children?- before them. La Siréene merely watches and contemplates. Was it their purpose to become this form, or was their purpose another, but twisted to this cause? As he does not want to alienate himself, he tries not to smile at this interesting conundrum, and merely says: Children. Corrupted, dead children. A tragedy, truly. in a voice that seems as made to note interesting stains on a carpet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge checks, if relevant:
    Knowledge: Planes: (1d20+6)[24]
    Knowledge, any relevant: (1d20+2)[16]

He follows the others into a room with three guards. One without a head, one with eaten innards, but, apparently, alive, one with an interesting mental structure. He targets the eaten one first, hoping to salvage this broken individual if possible. He then tries to soothe the second one.

We are here to endeavor to help you through this crisis. It will be alright.

Still in the carpet tragedy tone.
    Last edited by APersonAmI; 2012-06-04 at 10:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

La Siréene uses a minor telekinetic charm to take down the keys, then releases the prisoners from their shackles, beginning with the the decapitated one, the wounded one, then the delirious one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spell Used: Mage Hand.

La Siréene, noting Mikani's comfort, walks up to her, drops the key in her hand, and lays a hand on her shoulder.

It is alright, Mikani. We will do what we can for these men.

This time, his tone is soothing, understanding, empathic with the suffering sorrow causes.
    Last edited by APersonAmI; 2012-06-03 at 02:40 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105

At release, the wound one reaches down to feel the hole in his stomach, his face goes pale white and he starts to cry.

The delirious man stops whimpering and draws himself into a fetal position.
    Call me Crazy

16. - Top - End - #106

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    12/12
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +1
    |
    Darkvision 60'
    [/table]

Pedivere shook his head. He had seen the magic of the bard fail to heal the grievously wounded man. Something dark and twisted was at work here.

Is their magic at work here? asked the Paladin to any of the spellcasters present. Surely this terrible wound should have slain this poor man, the fact that it hasn't and the inability of La Siréene's spell to close it make me feel that something mystical is at hand.

Kneeling by the wounded man, Pedivere grimaced at the seriousness of the injury. Surely this man will not survive if moved. Casius, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Grail; 2012-06-03 at 05:51 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Mikani pauses, before pausing. "Let me see... I'll need a bit of time to figure this out."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using her Bonded Item to cast an unprepared spell. Detect Magic, go!

Focusing for three rounds, tell me how many checks she'll need if any.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

La Siréene turns observes as Mikani attempts to figure out the state of the bodies. Content with this, he rises from them and turns to Pedivere.

You said we needed to raise an alarm? I accept this task, as it appears others can complete this one. Give me a moment.

La Siréene walks down the stairs into the street. Once he reaches the door, he casts an illusion to replicate the sound of a horn sounding the alarm, intent to call as many of the townsfolk as possible, as the sinister cleric and the templar had suggested.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spell used: Ghost Sound. I am unsure whether it can make a horn sound specifically at this level, but it is at least as effective as 4 La Siréene's, which would certainly rise a considerable alarm.
    Last edited by APersonAmI; 2012-06-03 at 07:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    12/12
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +1
    |
    Darkvision 60'
    [/table]

The Paladin nods when La Siréene suggests that he can handle the alarm. Thank you, he says full of sincerity.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by Grail View Post
    The Paladin then walked over to the half-elf. Your blade is deadly Vash, well fought.
    Yes, yes it is. So let this be the one warning. If it's drawn, you may want to keep your hands to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter548 View Post
    ... Vash. Can you check upstairs for any more of them? Casius peers over the corpses as he speaks, his sunrod held high to spread as much light as possible as he studies the corpses.
    Not wanting to waist his own supplies without need, It's likely to be as dark up there as it is here. We shall go together.

While the group is looking around for alarms and other creatures, Vash in his more traditional self serving is looking for items of value. Namely the guards arms or items of value. such as firearms.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trying to be inconspicuous, so the party doesn't suspect it as looting.
    Stealth: (1d20+7)[14]
    Sleight of Hands: (1d20+7)[22]
    Perception: (1d20+5)[23]
    Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

21. - Top - End - #111

Vash finds some basic equipment, a sword, and set of chainmail for each of the guards was in the building. there's also a small box with a few vials fill with pink liquid.
    Call me Crazy

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Makoa navigates his way through the city, eventually reaching the guard house.

Going through the door, it is obvious that a large fight has happened. Blood and a dark ichor is splashed all around the room. Looking around, Makoa can see a couple of people upstairs.

Not sure of who is there, Makoa draws his axe. As he approaches the landing he hears, "you may want to keep your hands to yourself."

I guess it's Vash up there.

Calling out to his friends to warn them he is coming up, Makoa emerges from the stairs. Is everyone okay, those things are nothing I have seen before.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

As Makoa passes him at the entrance, La Seréene pauses in casting his illusion to greet Makoa. All friends alive, but shaken. Bishop slightly hurt, nothing that'll kill him. Good to see you.

Then he continues replicating the sound of a horn.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bishop grunts at the mention of his pitiful wound and almost laughed at Vash's response to the paladin. The young half orc was naive and seemed not to be battle tested, though he may become more valuable later after gaining a little battle experience. The macabre scene that lay before him was tragic and rather sad, the poor guard that lay on the brink of total madness and in an immeasurable amount of pain. Bishop closed his eyes and shook his head "What do we do with this one, to allow him to suffer like this is needlessly cruel, if there is a way to treat him do so now if not... I will end his suffering, I will make it clean and quick. This man deserves no less.
    Blarg...

25. - Top - End - #115

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    12/12
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +1
    |
    Darkvision 60'
    [/table]

Pedivere nodded towards Bishop. I was thinking the same, however if he could be moved and gotten to more powerful healing we should try that. If not, then yes, his pain should be ended now as quickly and cleanly as possible.

Pedivere rested his hand on the injured man's shoulder, trying to comfort him as best as he could, even when talking about possibly ending his life. Nobody deserved to suffer, especially like this.

OOC - Waiting on Casius, or someone else with healing ranks (or better skill than mine) to determine if he could be moved.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll give it a go though... Healing check (1d20+1)[17]
    Last edited by Grail; 2012-06-04 at 02:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Nothing will save this man, let us hear what he has to say and be done with it. Makoa has never understood keeping people alive when it is obvious the gods want them.

Makoa paces around the room, trying to figure out how the fight transpired.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think this would be a survival check. Similar to tracking except after the fight.
    (1d20+5)[25]

27. - Top - End - #117

you manage to wrap up the wound, but while doing so, the man gives a final sob before passing.
    Call me Crazy

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

With an unnerving suddenness, the illusory sound of a signal horn stops, as La Siréene stops casting his spell and returns up the stairs to join the rest of the party.

Just as he steps into the room, smelling strongly of blood and suffering, the suffering of the one La Siréene had failed to heal got the better of him, and the suffering was no more in this man.

La Siréene lifts his hand in front of his face, concealing the look in his eyes, and recites the first fitting phrase about honorable deaths to appear in his mind. Then he lowers his hand and says, with his usual emotion and energy in tone and gesture;

We did what he could for the man in pain. If my magic was loud enough, it should been heard long enough to get due attention by now. What now? Should we get the sole survivor to a safer location?

29. - Top - End - #119

{table=head]
    Pedivere
    |
    HP
    |
    AC
    |
    TAC
    |
    FAC
    |
    PER
    |Effects
    |
    12/12
    |
    |
    |
    |
    +1
    |
    Darkvision 60'
    [/table]

Pedivere gently closes the eyes on the deceased man.

Rest now he intoned, May whatever god you worship herald you to your peace.

The Paladin then quietly and cautiously moved to the sobbing man whose sanity had been sorely affected.

The creatures are gone, you are safe. We have slain them and you are safe. My companion has raised the alert, but we need to help you get to somewhere more secure and restful. Pedivere sat on the ground next to the man and offered him a drink of water from his waterskin.

Is there anywhere that you would prefer to go? To your headquarters perhaps? Or a local church? Maybe to your home?

Spoiler
    Show
    Try to calm him down again, will take extra time for now to try and make him stable enough to answer.

Diplomacy (1d20+10)[20]

30. - Top - End - #120

At the mention of the church, the man starts to calm slightly, when offered water he takes the waterskin and gulps all the water in it down quickly.
    Call me Crazy