New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Just got Ace Tanker on my Matilda.

This little tank has grown on me, though the mediocre alpha and sluggish mobility continues to be a problem. It was funny how I managed to shrug off a KV-1S 122mm shell then ate a T49 76mm three times in a row. Luckily, arty ended the T49 before I was ended.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat.GW View Post

In the end I got Radley-Walters medal...
    another new one? whats the qualification to get it?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    another new one? whats the qualification to get it?
    The removed Boelters for 7 kills and above, and added Radley-Walter's for 8-9 kills. More than 10 kills netts you the Pool's Medal.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Barbarian in the Playground

Started playing arty again just for the giggles.

I feel dirty because of it, but I do get a perverse pleasure out of one-shotting the poor saps that think they're safe from my team just because none of the heavies in front of them can get a clean shot.

The Wespe is sick for a tier three. The SU-26 may have the accuracy, firing speed, and turret, but the Wespe is made out of pure low-tier ragequitonium.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

5. - Top - End - #845
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psilontech View Post
    Started playing arty again just for the giggles.

I feel dirty because of it, but I do get a perverse pleasure out of one-shotting the poor saps that think they're safe from my team just because none of the heavies in front of them can get a clean shot.

The Wespe is sick for a tier three. The SU-26 may have the accuracy, firing speed, and turret, but the Wespe is made out of pure low-tier ragequitonium.
    M37 is pretty strong too. I still feel machine gun SU-26 is the best outta that tier but the global arties pack quite the punch (I dunno anything about the French low tier arties other than they make a funny popping sound when they die). Tier II is almost no contest with Bison one-shotting everything and Tier IV is Grille-party but Tier III is genuinely interesting.

EDIT: Holy **** is B1 ever a grind. Even with the top gun I have to hit weak spots with gold shells (bought with credits; luckily they're only 800 a piece) to penetrate tier 5 heavies or even meds. And the damage is pitiful.

And any tier 3+ TD or T-28 (or even T-46) or any tier 5 ever penetrates me with ease and I'm immobile as hell (not as bad as AMX 40 but still). And then there's the glaring weak spot in the front armor in the "main gun" that's unusable and I'm a giant arty target (I've yet to have SU-26 do under 250 damage to me with a hit).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-11-15 at 06:30 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there a significant difference between the two lines of british tanks that lead to the Churchill? They seem extremely similar at a quick scan.

7. - Top - End - #847

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    Is there a significant difference between the two lines of british tanks that lead to the Churchill? They seem extremely similar at a quick scan.
    Well, Matilda has even heavier armor (75mm is a lot on tier IV; we're talking KV-levels here) while Valentine has more firepower (and still very reasonable armor). Valentine is also a tad faster once you get to the end of the engine tree (tho that takes a while). The engines aren't as efficient as on Matilda but on the flipside it's a good 10 tons lighter.

One thing's for sure; pick either tree and you make French line players sad. British Tier IV stock guns are on the same level as French Tier IV top guns. I think Valentine might be a bit better rounded of the two but either is a really impressive Tier IV tank.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    EDIT: Holy **** is B1 ever a grind. Even with the top gun I have to hit weak spots with gold shells (bought with credits; luckily they're only 800 a piece) to penetrate tier 5 heavies or even meds. And the damage is pitiful.
    B1 is all things terrible. Something like a 45% global winrate, which is pretty damn bad, all things considered.

Just hope you roll tier 4 often and can bully the peons.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    You can research 6 pounders to Churchill 1 from Valentine. That makes it better line to go to Churchill in my opinion.

10. - Top - End - #850

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Just hope you roll tier 4 often and can bully the peons.
    And pray you don't run into random Hetzer/SU-85B/T40/Murder/T82/SU-76/etc. I guess. Well, I do find mediocre players of the other Tier 4s beatable; just last game I killed SU-85B, put heavy pain on a Matilda (tho I admit, I used premium shells here), killed a Valentine and heavily damaged another before I died to combined efforts of said Valentine and their SPGs. Got me 1st class badge at 760 XP so yeah, I guess the tank is pretty terrible globally.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

At least with the Lee you can use the real gun. The B1 only has the popgun enabled, which was an odd design choice given the M3 precedent. Reversing it would at least give some damage dealing ability, though it would still be a very poor tank.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Barbarian in the Playground

I found the B1 only good to scare people who are not actually checking what they fight .

'It is a BIG tank, OMG, it is a HEAVY, RUN!!!!!!'

ROLF!

13. - Top - End - #853

RogueGuy

And then the M8A1 chainguns it to death with the 57mm of doom.

My life in the E-50 has so far been an exercise in frustration. Since I didn't have enough free xp to get the 105, I've been having to "make do" with the 88/71, which was the panther IIs top gun. Except now I have worse matchmaking and/or teammate expectations to be able to carry a flank, which I cannot do.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    And then the M8A1 chainguns it to death with the 57mm of doom.
    I chainguned a B1 to death before in the Matilda.

Needless to say, sweet cries of rage were heard. Especially when his popgun couldn't penetrate me frontally when angled.

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Needless to say, sweet cries of rage were heard. Especially when his popgun couldn't penetrate me frontally when angled.
    Silly. It can't even penetrate you frontally from point blank range directly. Scratch that, it can't penetrate you anywhere from point blank range with a 90-degree penetration angle outside weak spots.

16. - Top - End - #856

Flumph

The general design philosophy of low tier French tanks includes the inability to penetrate a wet paper bag.

Which is why on the light line I used the 25mm for so long, because although it had tiny damage by the time I was using it on the AMX-38 it would reliably penetrate all the smaller tanks.

17. - Top - End - #857

The general design philosophy of low tier French tanks includes the inability to penetrate a wet paper bag.

Which is why on the light line I used the 25mm for so long, because although it had tiny damage by the time I was using it on the AMX-38 it would reliably penetrate all the smaller tanks.
    Yup. I used the 25mm as long as possible and AMX 40 actually gets a remotely reasonable gun. B1, not so much. You know things are bad for you when your premium shells are worse than the normal shells of lighter tanks' guns on the same tier.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm just thankful I scraped past the early grind with a couple of timely x5 victories.

Though I think I got myself stuck at the B1. (Haven't opened to check.)

19. - Top - End - #859

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I'm just thankful I scraped past the early grind with a couple of timely x5 victories.

Though I think I got myself stuck at the B1. (Haven't opened to check.)
    I did that but my miscalculation was not rushing to Tier IV day 1 of the 5x and then grinding through it during the 5x. Tiers 2 and 3 frankly don't take that long the oldfashioned way but Tier 4 those 5x woulda really helped. Meh.

Now I'm like 7k out of 15k. Btw, what devil decided BDR should be 15 anyways Churchill I is 8k for the same tier.

20. - Top - End - #860

RogueGuy

Maybe a lot of the modules from the Valentine/Matilda carry over to the Churchill I? That usually seems to be the case when a higher tier tank costs less xp.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe a lot of the modules from the Valentine/Matilda carry over to the Churchill I? That usually seems to be the case when a higher tier tank costs less xp.
    As far as I can tell, only the top radio and (2pdr) gun carries over from the Matilda. And the 2pdr gun is quite pathetic on Tier V.

22. - Top - End - #862

Good Night with Select tanks: 8 Kill TG and my Marders 3rd Halonens Medal (given the Bonus Income for it atm it earned 31k credits and a 1k exp on a non x2 battle)

And i earned a Lehvaslaiho’s Medal in my Cromwell (Ammo racked a IS-3 and a finished off a KV-5)

Also picked up another BiA with the Hellcat and a Sniper for my Tiger.

Was platooned with a Guy that was from the Marder's battle to whom i credited the great win for it was he had said at the start of the battle "Queue Epic Music" and i tabbed out and loaded a playlist from Two Steps from Hell.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

2 Top Guns tonight, both losses.

First was in Province with the Marder which I just picked up again. 2nd game with it back, so untrained crew. Our team just lost too many early on for my 7-kill effort to help.

Next game in Provalovka with PzIIIA. Charge the hill, take out 2 enemies there, charge down into their base area taking out 4 more including their arty before succumbing, but leaving us with a 6-3 advantage. Unfortunately, one of theirs was a Marder, and he picked off everybody trying to cap from the safety of the woods, then went with his teammates to finish off our arty back at base.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Got out of my M6, and the battle that gave me the needed XP gave me a Top Gun, 100%, and a Mastery Badge for that tank...so I sold it as it wasn't going to get any better.

The T29 is nice, it will be nicer with the 105mm gun...speaking of which, does anyone know if I have to upgrade the tracks before I get the gun because of weight issues?

Now that I have the T29, I needed another goal so I've decided to climb the French Heavy tree to the ARL 44 and its Tier 8 gun in a Tier 6 tank. 212mm of penetration at Tier 6 would be all kinds of awesome. The early tanks were easy to get through at x2 and then I hit the D2...and I love that tank. Its armored and the 45mm machinegun of DOOM is nice as well. I held an entire right flank against an attack of 6 enemy on Karalia (them map with the hill on one side, the swamp in the middle, and the broken rocky area on the other). I destroyed four and my Armor/Hitpoints held until I got a little help from an A13. Apperently that is well above average for the tank as I got Mastery on my fourth battle. My win percentage with the D2 is in the mid 60% with just over 10 battles...not a bad start.

The B1 will be harder with no gun upgrade, but every line deserves a dog.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

25. - Top - End - #865

So i borked my graphical settings on WoT and after trying from another PC to reset them and discovering it was not going to work that way i uninstalled and began to Re-Download untilll i reasoned that it would be quicker to Transfer it off my Housemates PC... which is not apparently on the Network which has lead to all sort of trouble on its own
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #866

RogueGuy

So I'm on the verge of breaking down and purchasing a premium tank for moneymaking. Any suggestions as to which I select?

27. - Top - End - #867

Technical problem is now fixed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whatever broke in regards to WoT apparently has broken on a Level that was unrelated to my Install, I successfully copied over my Friends files and now get exactly the same results.

I have checked the Drivers (they are the most recent NVIDIA drivers) and tweaked the Video card settings and such and its still giving me a white screen that eventually turns black with a gap at the bottom.

All this from a Screen Resolution change that a) should have given a "do you want to keep these settings" and b) should not affect any new install of the game after the old files have been purged

Both Tanks that i would Suggest are not Available in the Store.
    Lowes are quite popular and reportedly Print money if your a halfway decent shot (and i know you are).
    The T34 i dont know much about but chatter on the WoT forums and seeing them in game do well seems to sell them well
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-11-20 at 12:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

So I'm on the verge of breaking down and purchasing a premium tank for moneymaking. Any suggestions as to which I select?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Technical problem is now fixed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whatever broke in regards to WoT apparently has broken on a Level that was unrelated to my Install, I successfully copied over my Friends files and now get exactly the same results.

I have checked the Drivers (they are the most recent NVIDIA drivers) and tweaked the Video card settings and such and its still giving me a white screen that eventually turns black with a gap at the bottom.

All this from a Screen Resolution change that a) should have given a "do you want to keep these settings" and b) should not affect any new install of the game after the old files have been purged

Both Tanks that i would Suggest are not Available in the Store.
    Lowes are quite popular and reportedly Print money if your a halfway decent shot (and i know you are).
    The T34 i dont know much about but chatter on the WoT forums and seeing them in game do well seems to sell them well
    The T34 is a beastly tank, make no mistake. That huge gun it carries around scares the hell out of any Tier VIII tank. (It's only marginally worse than an elited T32, by all accounts.) The Lowe has a more reliable, and accurate gun though. The problem is that both gets thrown into Tier IX-X battles often, so you might not like that.

I would personally recommend the Jadgtiger 8.8cm. It has better matchmaking (seems to get only Tier VIII max battles most of the time with the occasional Tier IX battle, I read. My personal experience told me the same), and the popgun it carries is nothing to be sniffed about. It is the second most accurate gun after the E-50's.

As for the SuperPershing. Eh. You might be frustrated by the fact that the gun only has a top penetration of 170. Frontal armour is nice though. Your weakspots are still easy to aim for if the player is competent enough and some guns punch through frontally like nobody's business. Matchmaking wise it seems to share the JT 8.8cm MM as well.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-11-20 at 05:24 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869

Just had a battle in my Tiger (that was a loss) where i had 3 of the teams 4 kills, Damaged 6 other tanks, earned a Steel Wall and had a gap of 360xp between me and the next highest on our team (527 to 167)

If 2 more of my shots had hit I'd have had Sniper as well
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-11-20 at 08:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

30. - Top - End - #870

RogueGuy

The problem that I have with the Jagdtiger 88 is that it carries the same 88 that every German tank from t7-9 uses at some point. Having played through two of the four trees that utilize it, I'm not particularly inclined to go back to it. Especially since its in a barely mobile tank with no turret, and thus can't flank very well.

Also, one of my friends mentioned that I get a 100% crew with my premium tank. True or untrue?
    Last edited by Yana; 2012-11-20 at 08:44 AM.