New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Ugh, T-34-85 is one of my favorite vehicles. The new gun better be worth a damn; I haven't grinded a second crew skill for the crew for no reason. Overall, I'm really interested in what comes out of this because it touches many of the tanks I play a lot now and intend on getting in the near future.
    Meh, good 85mm is still good, and has better penetration then what germans and americans have in their tier 6 mediums.

When it rains, it pours. Tier spread is supposed to be lessened to +1/-1 on most tanks. Linkety link. Makes it impossible to pick Ekins' with tier 6 and lower tanks without platooning though.

This game really seems to pick up the pace...

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

SU-85: Removed 107mm gun ZIS-6C
    Whelp, it looks like the sole reason for me running a TD in my garage is gone now. They figured out my secret for getting 14 kills in a single game, those bastards.

Now what to do with that 100% Trained, 100%camo 82% random assorted skilled crew?
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Give them to me!!! :)

Still working on skilling up my Tiger 2. Love the tank, but it does take a while to gather xp on standard. I've only got 100k to go.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psilontech View Post
    Whelp, it looks like the sole reason for me running a TD in my garage is gone now. They figured out my secret for getting 14 kills in a single game, those bastards.

Now what to do with that 100% Trained, 100%camo 82% random assorted skilled crew?
    With secondaries that high, it would be worth sticking them into a non-TD and taking the primary skill hit. So really, whatever you want.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Meh, good 85mm is still good, and has better penetration then what germans and americans have in their tier 6 mediums.
    Mebbe but I liked to play it as a sniper occasionally too; the whole thing I loved about the tank is the role versatility where you can effortlessly shift from a sniper to a flanker and even a frontliner. Now I guess it'll be a flanker like every other med beyond PzIV in the game.

When it rains, it pours. Tier spread is supposed to be lessened to +1/-1 on most tanks. Linkety link. Makes it impossible to pick Ekins' with tier 6 and lower tanks without platooning though.
    I really like this; makes tier 6 a less ungrateful ****-tier to be at, hopefully. Tier 8s I can manage but Tier 10s begin to be a bit much for me to carry against.

Now if only companies were forced to run an even split of the two tiers they're composed of to give odd tiers a place in company battles and life would be perfect...
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #276

woah woah woah, they can have my 107mm zis-6s over my smouldering hulk.... Thats like taking away the only reason there is left to play a mid tier russian TD.
    Current Sexy Reya Dawnbringer avatar by Edwin, thanks for the awesomeness.

"Come with me, and we'll be...
    In a world of total annihilation." .....Itnetlolor of Bay12 forums

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    9 kills, 10 detects
    and you only made 1400xp?
    Well, it was technically only a Tier VII capped battle. (Only one Tier VII on each side, the Tiger on the other team went AWOL for most of the ten minutes.) Also, no premium.

At any rate, the proposed patch notes seems to be designed around a general rebalancing of the MM, so I think you guys should hold on to your tanks yet before sounding a general retreat or something. (It might also make playing French tanks more bearable. No more duck AMXs in Tier VII battles.)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I had a weird MM match, at least for what I've seen. Tier 10 match, and I'm in my T29. Each team has 1 T10, and *9* T9s. 3 T8 arties each, with the other team being rounded out by 2 T8 tanks, and ours by a KV-5 and me. So I'm the only T7.

Karelia, and I went to the north rocks with 3 of the t9 mediums while everybody else duked it out behind the hill. I actually got a killing blow on an E-50, and was the one who spotted their last arty at their base for our arty to kill. So it was our 3 arties and me at the end with 8% health left.

I was looking over my stats, and I think the biggest surprise was a 61% win rate in my BDR! And I've only had the 90mm for a few matches so far. Overall, I'm currently +1 again, after having reached that point momentarily then dropped to -20 in no time flat.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

I just got my AMX 12t. You know what, I'm impressed. Little bugger is like fresh air after the horror that was AMX 40. Stock is still underwhelming but at least I can move again.

10. - Top - End - #280

Going to have to sell something to get an AMX 12t in my garage before the patch hits so I can get that sweet, sweet extra garage slot.

Thinking the M36 Slugger, saving the crew and sacrificing my T-34-85 crew to make room in the barracks.

Really hate to scrap it at the moment, but I'm not sure when the patch is supposed to hit. Anyone have any concrete dates?

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

11. - Top - End - #281

OldWizardGuy

Going to have to sell something to get an AMX 12t in my garage before the patch hits so I can get that sweet, sweet extra garage slot.
    It ain't just a garage slot. Judging by the test server stats, AMX ELC isn't going to be a bad tank, it has similar gun to AMX 13 90, which is actually more powerfull then AMX 12t and AMX 13 75 which follow it

Really hate to scrap it at the moment, but I'm not sure when the patch is supposed to hit. Anyone have any concrete dates?
    Well, test server #1 is now live, so no-one knows yet. My guess would be two weeks.

Oh, the actual MM tested currently allows tanks to face foes two tiers higher then themselves. I like, as the +1/-1 feels like too radical change. Tier 6 heavy tanks are going to be playable. I haven't tested any of the new tier X tanks as I have 7 different tanks I'm playing in the main EU server, but I have tested Jagdpanther 2, Dicker Max and Super Pershing. Some quick impressions:

• Jagdpanther 2 has same gun as Ferdi, and is bit more agile then even the Jagdpanther. It has weak frontal armor which is in good slope, so it can bounce shots from tanks but will bite the dust when arty finds it. This TD is more of a support vehicle in contrast to Ferdi, which can challenge tanks head on.
    • Dicker Max with it's 105 mm gun seems almost like an insult to Jagdpanzer IV and the rule that premium tanks aren't supposed to be better then fully upgraded tanks of the same tier. Gun is basically same as Zis 6, with some German accuracy added to the mix. With 400 view range it appears as Marder in steroids.
    • Super Pershing seems like a bad tank. It doesn't have armor, speed or fire power to compete with it's peers. At 7200 gold it's the cheapest tier 8 premium, so it should see some action. But for a tank bought for a real money, it'd expect it to be better.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It ain't just a garage slot. Judging by the test server stats, AMX ELC isn't going to be a bad tank, it has similar gun to AMX 13 90, which is actually more powerfull then AMX 12t and AMX 13 75 which follow it
    if it has a gun = to the 13/90 that tells me its single shot and not autoloader
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

13. - Top - End - #283

Appears I have to go for this too. Started with the Duck AMXes now; have enough free XP to skip by 'em but I'd rather save... Now I regret not going for Bat**** earlier, pretty sure it's gonna cost fortunes post-patch.

On the flipside, the new gun for T-34-85 seems adequate, and the new engine is precisely what the tank needed. It's getting a new role for sure but it might be competent at that.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #284

"Aaw, look, a little t-50! Too bad the other team only has a Wespe and SU-26 for arty and I'm in a big bad T-32 at full health!"

*BLAM!* /ammo rack hit, explodes, catches fire/ <Derp, Wespe>
    "Holy Hell, what?" ^Activates Fire-extinguisher^
    "Whoo, that almo-" *BLAM!*
    <Killed by SU-26>

... What?

Needless to say I immediately jumped into my T-50 and went on an arty killing spree.
    Last edited by psilontech; 2012-07-16 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Called the SU-26 a 28 for some reason.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i am at the beginning of 2 of the worst grinds in the game
    (not counting arty with its insane 300k+ grind for tier 9 at an avg of 500 a game)
    --the t32..all the joy of the t29 gun at a higher tier........
    --the m5 stuart..tier 4 scout gotta unlock the m7 and then 55k to unlock the chaff...all with a very inaccurate tier 3 gun(or a accurate tier 3 gun that does 40damage)
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-07-16 at 04:35 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

16. - Top - End - #286

The M5 is a wonderful little tank. I kept mine and have never once regretted it. Getting in the back line with a derp gun and all their arty makes all the fragility and frantic dodging worth it; I have Reaper in it and have earned it multiple times.

Worst grind in the game is the Lee. Or possibly the AMX 40; I haven't had the displeasure of doing that one, but I hear about it a lot.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Worst grind in the game is the Lee. Or possibly the AMX 40; I haven't had the displeasure of doing that one, but I hear about it a lot.
    Statistically, the worst grinds in the game are A-20 & BT-7 actually I can't say I liked either much myself tho part of that is of course the fact that they really need good crew and play to be any good whatsoever.

M3 Lee, Sturmpanzer II (avoidable, thankfully), AMX 40 and Pz38na are also up there in my experience.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

the a-20 was bad
    the lee was not that bad (at least to me)
    bt7 and amx40 were not bad because you didnt need that much xp in all
    but the m5..you need 55k for one tank and another 13? for the other with under tier gun.....

full size avatar

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    the a-20 was bad
    the lee was not that bad (at least to me)
    bt7 and amx40 were not bad because you didnt need that much xp in all
    but the m5..you need 55k for one tank and another 13? for the other with under tier gun.....
    The under tier gun will one-shot a Hummel. I'll take it. In fact, I do.

20. - Top - End - #290

RogueGuy

I'm incredibly grateful that I managed to grind the PzIV through the PzIII and not the Pz38NA. Sure it was still incredibly undergunned, but it had armor to withstand direct fire, and more importantly, wasn't and isn't considered a scout tank.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i really hope the devs figure out that they need to remove the scout tag from the 13/90 when they make the change to french medium line

because if they don't it will be a tier 8 tank..scout tagged and therefore matched up as a tier 9
    ..and there is no way it is equal to a t-54 or an e50

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #292

Dear God, the repair bill on the T-50-2 is enormous compared to the T-50. I severely doubt an overall positive cash-flow is possible with this thing.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dear God, the repair bill on the T-50-2 is enormous compared to the T-50. I severely doubt an overall positive cash-flow is possible with this thing.
    It isn't.

Scroll back up, i did warn ya :)

Even with a premium account, taking more than one damaging hit results in a net loss of cash. Even on a GOOD game.

The Tier 5 lights scouts are NOT runable without continuous support from a seperate money making tank.

And rightly so... they are UTTERLY BEASTLY in the right hands.

I sold my T50-2 and went back to the T50. All the same kind of fun, none of the cost, and none of the silly matches that the T50-2 finds itself in.
    Last edited by SanguisAevum; 2012-07-17 at 05:05 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

The grind to E-75 continues...on standard. I generally get a 3,000xp per play experience before I just have to turn it off.

I suppose I'm going to have to get into a "clan" one of these days.

OK, really...why a clan? I mean, it made sense when I played MechCommander on the StarLance battle system...or even with MechWarrior multiplayer matches...but Counterstrike? World of Tanks?

Shouldn't I be joining a "company" or "battalion" or "regiment"?
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

25. - Top - End - #295

Some guy in a random game: "Psilontech - You a moo fan?"
    Me: "Yup!"
    SGIARG: "You're joining my clan."
    Me: "OK."

And that's the story of how I got recruited into a 'major' clan because of my username.

26. - Top - End - #296

So far I found the grind through T-28 the most painful. This... thing isn't tank, it's a field tractor the size of a locomotive, plated with roof tin, and armed with a potato cannon. It takes forever to aim, is difficult to maneuver in tight spaces, and out in the open gets shot at by everything with a cannon. The only way I found it to "work" is to play interceptor on scouts gunning for our artillery -- I quite literally ram into them and shoot them at point blank.

But otherwise, yeah, there's a good reason why I feel glee when there's more than one T-28 on the opposing team.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Maxymiuk View Post
    So far I found the grind through T-28 the most painful. This... thing isn't tank, it's a field tractor the size of a locomotive, plated with roof tin, and armed with a potato cannon. It takes forever to aim, is difficult to maneuver in tight spaces, and out in the open gets shot at by everything with a cannon. The only way I found it to "work" is to play interceptor on scouts gunning for our artillery -- I quite literally ram into them and shoot them at point blank.

But otherwise, yeah, there's a good reason why I feel glee when there's more than one T-28 on the opposing team.
    The top gun is amazing and ZiS-4 is very strong too. Play it as a sniper. It has no armor or HP to speak off but if you let others scout and use your mobility to get into position and pick people off (or flank them), it can be very strong indeed. Remember that just because you're fast doesn't mean you go first. Indeed, it's generally very much the opposite; fast tanks should follow the slow bruisers that take hits and start flanking and circling and sniping from the back while the bruisers trade blows.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    The top gun is amazing and ZiS-4 is very strong too. Play it as a sniper. It has no armor or HP to speak off but if you let others scout and use your mobility to get into position and pick people off (or flank them), it can be very strong indeed. Remember that just because you're fast doesn't mean you go first. Indeed, it's generally very much the opposite; fast tanks should follow the slow bruisers that take hits and start flanking and circling and sniping from the back while the bruisers trade blows.
    Yep. You'll be surprised how much firepower it packs for a lowly Tier IV medium. Don't be looking the other way when this tank appear. You'll most definitely get a nasty surprise in the hands of a competent player.

29. - Top - End - #299

Mastered my M8A1 and made extremely good use of the Hellcats speed to get back to base and earn a Defender (i was at the other end of Erlenberg defending it from assault - arrived before the Lowe who was less than half the distance back to base)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxymiuk View Post

As said, the T-28s can be absolutely beastly. Armed with the ZiS-4 and a 100% crew you'll end up doing much, much better.

While it doesn't have the survivability of a T-50 it's fast enough to circle enemy heavies, while still being able to penetrate them with some degree of certainty.

From a decent cover position it can take down any tank its tier with rapid fire shots.

But best of all it teaches you the method of moving and avoiding fire really, really really well.

EDIT: And yes, T-50-2 is ridiculous in its repair bill. Nearly the only way to turn a profit is not to die (which is difficult enough as is).
    Last edited by Reaver225; 2012-07-20 at 09:53 AM.
    *waves hand* "There are no plotholes here. This isn't the comic you are looking for..."
    Possibility of Interminable Reciprocity! For that Touhou Roleplaying game you always wanted to join, but never managed to!