New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Must be some event the NA server is running.
    EU server, actually.

http://worldoftanks.eu/news/3600-behind-lines/

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    What?! Basically they're removing every single Tier V vehicle I've enjoyed playing from the game. I mean, I'll give you the old KV was OP for its tier but now SU-85, AMX 12t and then PzIV? Well, luckily I have the thing out of the way already but I actually do enjoy playing it and it's my keeper Tier V so...
    I wonder if they are moving the tanks back to a more "historical" place given the differnence the real physics will make. Real physics would make the Panther turrect and 75mmL70 gun unsustainable on the PzIV chassis.

On a side note: I have focused my stable of tanks down to four...not that I've gotten rid of the other 15, but I'm only driving four now.

My PzIV, T-50, Type 59 and Tiger II. I've got 5mil in the bank and I want my E-75 and that means another 70k XP, so I'm going to play the Tiger II whenever I can and then the others to gain more credits. Hopefully I can be E-75 ready in the next month so when I get another sale for the E-75 I can just buy the damn thing.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxymiuk View Post
    Wish they'd do that for us. Murdering artillery is my specialty.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Same here. Hate me some arty.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

5. - Top - End - #455

RogueGuy

*Takes his beloved SU-26 and goes to hide in a corner of the map*
    Last edited by Yana; 2012-08-24 at 04:38 PM.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

So I have the KV-1 elited and I see this weekend the whole KV line is on sale, so I'm trying to decide which one to pick up. Only have enough credits for 1... and even then its not enough to equip it with any good accessories.

So the T-150, KV-2 and KV-1S...

7. - Top - End - #457

If I remember correctly, The KV-1S leads to the IS line while the T-150 leads to the rest of the KV line.

I believe the KV-1S has the highest Pen / Damage of the tier six heavies and has decent speed and acceleration.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

8. - Top - End - #458
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psilontech View Post
    If I remember correctly, The KV-1S leads to the IS line while the T-150 leads to the rest of the KV line.

I believe the KV-1S has the highest Pen / Damage of the tier six heavies and has decent speed and acceleration.
    KV-1S has the best Tier 6 heavy performance too, for what it's worth. T-150 is overall a solid vehicle, tho I suggest trying KV-2 with the 155mm for a moment, just for the unique experience. It's also fairly solid if played well (that is, abusing teammates for loadtime) and leads straight to the awesome S-51 artillery.

Oh, and IS-line has two of the best Soviet heavies (IS-3 and IS-7) while the KV-line is really lackluster higher up (ST-1 is pretty good for its tier but that's about it) so I'd start up with the KV-1S line or start working on that S-51 through KV-2.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #459

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So I have the KV-1 elited and I see this weekend the whole KV line is on sale, so I'm trying to decide which one to pick up. Only have enough credits for 1... and even then its not enough to equip it with any good accessories.

So the T-150, KV-2 and KV-1S...
    Actually, only kv-1s and T-150 are on sale
    My advice is to get them both and play T-150 first. It plays more like a proper heavy, kv-1s being hit-and-run heavy medium.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

Not sure about the EU servers but the US servers have a 50% discount on:
    KV-1S
    KV-2
    KV-13
    KV-1
    T-150
    KV-3

I already have the KV-1 (obviously) and I don't have the research for the KV-13 or the KV-3.

As for getting them both, I simply don't have the credits. With the KV-1S also 2x credits I might be able to grind out the cash for the KV-150 as well before the sale ends... at least if I wasn't at work right now.

The other question is that I don't have any equipment on my Tiger or KV-1S yet and I don't have the 1.5m each required to give them 3 pieces. So between the two which pieces of equipment should I work for first. I don't think I even have any that I can transfer off of something else, except maybe a camo net or repair kit.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

KV-1S
    KV-2
    KV-13
    KV-1
    T-150
    KV-3

I already have the KV-1 (obviously) and I don't have the research for the KV-13 or the KV-3.

As for getting them both, I simply don't have the credits. With the KV-1S also 2x credits I might be able to grind out the cash for the KV-150 as well before the sale ends... at least if I wasn't at work right now.

The other question is that I don't have any equipment on my Tiger or KV-1S yet and I don't have the 1.5m each required to give them 3 pieces. So between the two which pieces of equipment should I work for first. I don't think I even have any that I can transfer off of something else, except maybe a camo net or repair kit.
    I would actually recommend the KV-2. The 152mm derpinator cannon is unlikely any other tank gun and it's really fun once you get the hang of using it. The bad news is that it leads only to the S-51 tree, and the other line leads back to the T-150. So if you're working for the heavy tree line down the road, then I'd recommend the KV-1S instead, since the IS line is far superior to the KV-3/KV-4/ST-1 line.

As for equipment, GLD/GR/Vent is always good, followed by Toolbox and /maybe/ Spall Liner.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-08-25 at 10:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #462

OldWizardGuy

KV-1S
    KV-2
    KV-13
    KV-1
    T-150
    KV-3
    That's a lot more then in European server. There actually was a thread which complained about American server having better specials because there was smaller player base

We get -50% on equipment costs rather regularly in here, so if possible I'd suggest waiting. That said, I stuff every of of my heavies with rammer and improved ventilation. Slower ones with decent aiming time get repair box so they can pull their tracks back together and dodge arty shells, while russians with their massive aiming time get egl or vertical stabiliser. People I often play with add coated optics on german tanks with good view range, and one uses camo net on fully pimped sniper tiger for good effect.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure if I would say we get the equipment discount a lot, but we do get it sometimes... maybe once every month or so. I can, and probably will wait just due to not having the credits right now.

Just in a battle with 6 KV-1S on my team and 7 on the other.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2012-08-25 at 02:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yeah..i am workin on (eventually) researching every vehicle
    so i used the sale to buy a kv3..gotta research the kv4 and st-1
    and will sell it back afterwards for same price i bought it 8)

i dread the arty grinds though...such stupidly high xp required..on such low xp earners

---------

GAHHHHH!
    i am cursed to never kill a t110e4
    just knocked one down to 1hp in my 13-90...next 3 shots all bounce and an is-8 kills it 8(
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-08-25 at 04:45 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    That's a lot more then in European server. There actually was a thread which complained about American server having better specials because there was smaller player base
    Then you haven't seen the large number of threads on the NA Forums complaining about how everyone else gets better specials.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #466

Had to share this, because ye gods, this is a funny combination to get.

17. - Top - End - #467

RogueGuy

Yesterday had a few interesting battles take place involving my E-75, one insanely anger inducing, the other was something of a surprise.

In the first match, I was the defending team on Prokhorvoka Assault for once. Seeing as there were several high tier arty pieces a side in the match, I headed to the northern crossing as swiftly as possible, trusting my friend's T95 to be capable of defending the other two crossings. I reach the north alongside a T29 who promptly goes to the northern most part of the map... in the open. My efforts to get him to hug the embankment were fruitless, and due to a VK 3002 DB's scouting efforts, he was quickly wiped out by the enemy platoon of arty.

While the battle was still going well in the south for my team (mostly due to the hammer blows that my friend's 155mm was dealing out), I was now tasked with defending the northern crossing by myself... which is a difficult proposition with a gun that fires only three rounds a minute at best. The VK DB attempted to cross over at first, but quickly changed his mind after I wiped out half his health from a glancing blow. He promptly retreated to the other side and kept me lit up for their arty. To my credit, I kept shifting back and forth to make it more difficult for the enemy to nail me with arty fire while I waited for the inevitable crossing by the enemy team.

Thankfully, the only enemies left in the north were the VK, a Ferdinand, and a AMX 13 75. I quickly dealt with the Ferdinand, but not after taking a ton of damage from it and arty. While all that was going on, I was also being flanked by the other two tanks. At this point, my friend had reshifted his focus to me in order to help me out, but both the VK and the AMX were practically hugging me, so he held his fire. I wasn't in any real danger, the AMX had exhausted most of its drum earlier on my front and was in the process of reloading when I wiped him out, and the VK was stock with the 75/70 (which at 138 maximum penetration would be hard pressed to go through my side armor at an angle). I was just about to finish the VK off and give myself a pat on the back for holding the north almost singlehandedly when I exploded.

Had I left myself open to arty? Yes... but not the enemy's. One of my own arty had been so greedy for a kill that he hit me instead of the VK. Sure, he killed the VK with splash damage, but at the cost of killing me as well. The real pain at the end of the fight was that I only got 1k extra credits for his braindead action of fragging me. You'd think that a high tier arty would know better than to fire into a facehugging contest, especially one that I was never in any dange of losing to a T7 medium.

The other match was significantly less stressful. Psilontech in his M103, my friend's T95 and I were defending from an Assault on Erlenberg. As we hunkered down on the northern part of the map, I quickly tried to go hull down near the base of the eastern hill along with most of the rest of my team's heavies. As their assault force rounded the hill throughout the match, they kept trying to hurt me, and bouncing for all their efforts. I got a look at my tank near the end of the match (and I wish I had gotten a screenshot), but the majority of my tank was still in pristine condition... except for my commander's cupola on the turret. All of my bounces had come from the enemy team trying to hit that spot on my turret, and boy was that area scarred as a result. Oddly enough, the only member of my crew to die that match was my driver, who ate a shot that went right through the upper glacis plate.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I don't know if there's anything more frustrating than a cap race you're about to win, when one of your allies with the most cap points runs out of the circle to get a kill on an enemy that can't target the base.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

19. - Top - End - #469

Just recently got myself an awesome game with my KV1, I was doing an encounter battle in Ruinberg and I went to the cap immediately.

Once there I proceeded to wipe out the 4 enemies (1 kv1-s, 2 pzr4 and a tier 4 light of some sort, American I think...it died before I could Id it ;)) on the cap while getting shelled by arty.

Since nobody else was near and I was down to 35% life facing two tier 3 arty's I decided not to sit still on my own on the cap and to go and kill the two arty...

2 arty kills later and down to 25% life I wanted to return to cap when I noticed that my idiots team had let three enemies slip behind us (by this point the score was 8-8....yeah, with 8 tanks they could not defend the hill and they faced a hetzer as highest tier enemy there while we had a Kv1-s and two KV1 there...).

There survivers of my team rushed for the cap at this point and started capping while screaming blood murder since I was not with them busy capping...

Seeing that I could see from their radio transmissions where three of the enemies were I decided to shoot the enemies first...
    After all at 25% life and with a damaged engine I was not going to be going fast so crossing and showing my flank to three enemies was a bit more then I wanted to risk.

Net result...killed the Hetzer, killed another Kv1-s and mauled a Lee which the team then killed.

Score at this point ...11-8 in our favour.

Enemy has left at this point a Stug, 2 Lee's and a Pzr3...

I spot the Stug sneaking up the side of the cap together with the Pzr3 and open fire on them, knocking the Stug to half life on the first shot and then...
    On my second shot the Pzr3 rushes forward, catches the shell destined for the Stug and spins out with a busted and burning engine...
    As I am now visible to the Stug the Stug player sensibly decides to ignore the 60% cap and shoot the KV1 that has been mauling his whole team solo...

He shoots...and...causes 7 crits on one shot.
    Commander killed, Driver killed, ammo rack damaged, fuel tank damaged, engine destroyed and put on fire and the fire then spread to my scope and crippled that too before I merrily burned out.

Net result:

8 kills, 3 damaged and 1428 xp not doubled ...

And to make matters worse the team proceeds to try and loose badly and got close to pulling that off.

6 versus 4, of which 2 were down to less then 30% life and we win the match because we kill the last one of theirs with the last one of ours...

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, people never learn about that ridge in the center of Prokhorovka. If MM doesn't cheat you, you just park a TD in a good spot and watch the tanks pop over into your sights. Only thing keeping the kill count down was too many allies also shooting.

On the subject of MM cheating you, this poor fellow wasn't too happy.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471

That wasn't the MM cheating him; that was them platooning tanks that far apart in the tier spread. It was his own fault.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Didn't even consider that. From the way people were talking, nobody seemed to know him. In either case, the absurdity still got me.

23. - Top - End - #473

"if you hit tab twice youll talk to me only k" No, they knew each other and were using platoon-chat; your own screenshot shows it.

24. - Top - End - #474

So. Sold my soul, bought Type 59 since it's available for two more days and I'd never forgive myself for passing up on the opportunity. Played some fail Platoons with Groz_nez until we ended up in a game with another Type 59 Platoon and proceeded to wolfpack through the bridgeside of Live Oaks without casualties.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-08-29 at 05:44 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    "if you hit tab twice youll talk to me only k" No, they knew each other and were using platoon-chat; your own screenshot shows it.
    Didn't even see that. Having never used that feature, I forget it exists.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Greenock, Scotland, Tellus, solar system, Milkyway

does anyone know where you can get the essential WoT footwear ?

what do you mean buy new dice !?!?
    just because this one rolled a 1 on a d20 7 times in a row...

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, the way platoons work in the MM is to KEEP people from using it to game the system by saying pairing a 5 with a 3 so that the 5 is always top tier. The MM only considers the highest rated tank in the platoon. Which may be a lower tiered arty that is matched higher than the tank or TD for example, or if you platoon your T1 H with a Chaffee, have fun trying to pen Tier 10 enemies!
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

28. - Top - End - #478

What kind of equipment should I get for my Type? I'm thinking Vertical Stabilizers and Rammer as musts to increase its firepower and Med-traits, but the third one I'm a bit undecided on. Vents is the obvious choice but are there some other considerations I should be thinking of that escape me right now?

29. - Top - End - #479

I would have to say the higher tiers are decidedly less fun because of the loss of credits factor.

Had a game in my M103. Airfield. Rounded a corner, armor nice and angled to take a shot at an E-75. I pen him for no damage before being smacked for full damage my the American T6 SPG. 1.2k damage, also taking out engine. Less than a second later a hummel also smacked me, also somehow doing full damage, finishing me off.

Something like that happens in, say, my ELC AMX or T-50, I don't really care. I still probably made credits and at worst barely broke even.

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    What kind of equipment should I get for my Type? I'm thinking Vertical Stabilizers and Rammer as musts to increase its firepower and Med-traits, but the third one I'm a bit undecided on. Vents is the obvious choice but are there some other considerations I should be thinking of that escape me right now?
    Wet Ammo Rack
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet