New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

The issues I have with the Pzr4 do not mean I got rid of my little money maker (untill I got the Lowe and KV5 as a bundle offer ages ago at half price...) and it has got crew at 100% skill with 81% camo skill sofar .

I still do ok as a sniper or a scout but...apart from having 80 mm armour up front on the hull it is simply outmatched unless you and someone else go together with both of you going derp gun...

I was on the receeiving end of that with my tier 5 french heavy...and that HURTS .

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

I had a neat little match on Abbey the other day in my Stug. I was guarding the cliff road with a PzIV while the rest of our team lemmings into the center. Seeing as I never go down there, I was surprised to find a rock formation that was perfectly suited to covering the Stug. When I rotated my camera to see what my opponents could view, about all that was visible was my gun and a bit of my upper hull.

While the PzIV did end up throwing his life away needlessly, I ended the match with 5 kills and more importantly, I blocked up the road so badly that the enemy Churchill and KV-1 couldn't bully their way past the corpses of their fallen teammates.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

3. - Top - End - #693

Well, I just got the Looooooong 75 for my Panther. It certainly seems excellent, but I have more exam study to do, so it'll have to wait. I get the distinct impression that having a high number of kills/games is difficult in a panther, on account of it doing 135 damage to 10 tanks instead of 1350 damage to one (or close enough).
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I've had the top gun for the panther for a while, and there is very little it won't pen, the damage isn't high enough to make most things worry.
    So it is definitely a long range support tank. At least it has a pretty good rate of fire.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Yeah, I've had the top gun for the panther for a while, and there is very little it won't pen, the damage isn't high enough to make most things worry.
    So it is definitely a long range support tank. At least it has a pretty good rate of fire.
    The number of times I seen people playing the Panther like a brawler is quite remarkable, even with its stated role.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I managed to solo a brawling Panther in my Easy 8 <T_T> It was kind of sad.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

7. - Top - End - #697

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elm11
    I get the distinct impression that having a high number of kills/games is difficult in a panther, on account of it doing 135 damage to 10 tanks instead of 1350 damage to one (or close enough).
    Dealing damage is better then collecting kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    The number of times I seen people playing the Panther like a brawler is quite remarkable, even with its stated role.
    True. Panther should be played as a rammer, not as a brawler.

In all seriousness, high tier german mediums are all heavy, much heavier then their medium counterparts of other nations and even some actual heavy tanks.

Personal record in my Hall of Frustration: game with T28 Prototype, in which I collected 5 kills and did 5583 points of damage, almost five times my hitpoints, and our team managed to lose the game.

After experiences in proto, I'm now determined to avoid T28 and go for T30 instead. Perhaps I give T28 a chance when my driver has 100% clutch braking and at least some number of off road driving.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

Yesterday had a lot of good games. Including my best exp game ever, 1410 with my Tiger, T8 battle and I ended up with 5 kills and 10 total damaged (so yeah, 1 away from either a top gun or a confederate). On my triple exp game no less. That game ended up as a steamroller for our team.
    Then there was a T6 game in my ELC where I ended up with 1076 exp, 5 kills and 6 damaged (I think I missed the 6th kill by a couple HP) and I survived the match with 6hp left. This game was close and I probably won it for us.
    I also ended up with top gun in my JagdPanther, and T-150 as well as hitting 5 kills with the KV-1S, M10.
    So yeah, it has been a good weekend. I didn't even play for all that long, and everyone one of those games were on my 3x exp bonus.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Dealing damage is better then collecting kills.

True. Panther should be played as a rammer, not as a brawler.

In all seriousness, high tier german mediums are all heavy, much heavier then their medium counterparts of other nations and even some actual heavy tanks.

Personal record in my Hall of Frustration: game with T28 Prototype, in which I collected 5 kills and did 5583 points of damage, almost five times my hitpoints, and our team managed to lose the game.

After experiences in proto, I'm now determined to avoid T28 and go for T30 instead. Perhaps I give T28 a chance when my driver has 100% clutch braking and at least some number of off road driving.
    Don't diss the T28. The (front) armour is much more bouncier compared to the T28P, and it's far more manoeuvrable. Honestly, the only real reason you would want the T28P is for the gimmick of a turret and the excellent T30 is just after.

10. - Top - End - #700

Got my first ace-tanker badge my T-34 is still sheer love. Pretty neat game to get it in too, 850exp and five kills, one of those games where the enemy just seem to tear like wet tissue paper.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Colossus in the Playground

Good day! 3xwins + almost free premium = I was able to sell 4 vehicles that had been clogging up my garage as I was finishing researching them for the Elite-badge (SU-76, SU-85, Somua S40, T40). And finished researching SU-85B and got some nice numbers on M5, VKs, AMX 12t and SU-100. I like these cheap premiums + extra first win multipliers.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

So what do you all use to make money in. I've got three premiums that I could use.

1. Type 59...works well
    2. Pz V/IV...works not so well...the lack of ability to depress the gun makes it difficult to use.
    3. Tectrach...only Tier III so it doesn't make much money.

I was curious which non-premium tanks you use that consistently make money (not with a premium account).

I'd think the KV-1 would be good, the PzIV was GREAT but I'm not sure about it now....so what does everyone with a Freemium account use?
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzac View Post
    So what do you all use to make money in. I've got three premiums that I could use.

1. Type 59...works well
    2. Pz V/IV...works not so well...the lack of ability to depress the gun makes it difficult to use.
    3. Tectrach...only Tier III so it doesn't make much money.

I was curious which non-premium tanks you use that consistently make money (not with a premium account).

I'd think the KV-1 would be good, the PzIV was GREAT but I'm not sure about it now....so what does everyone with a Freemium account use?
    M18, KV-1, T-34-85, SU-8, maybe SU-26 and T-50. (I'd had picked T-43 if not for the fact that the tank is grossly undergunned in the Tier IX battles it finds itself thrown into.)

14. - Top - End - #704

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzac View Post
    So what does everyone with a Freemium account use?
    For money-making I run the profitable tanks I enjoy:

ELC AMX - My current favorite tank. Pretty damn profitable, ranging from 16k-28k profit on a good match that ends in victory. The +60% credit this past weekend was amazing for my poor account. Awesome base stealth value makes it a very effective passive scout in conjunction with camonet and binocs. The base view range is pitiful compared to the other tier five scouts, but I get pretty close to the max sitting still. Popping tier nines in the side for 200-300 damage also brings in the credits.

T-50 - I love the T-50-2, but it is hard to stay in the black with the thing. Thus, the compromise here with the T-50. Not quite as good at passive as the ELC, but more than makes up for it in its ability to active scout. Hilarity ensues when you get into a tier-5 capped match.

T-34 - The Russian Medium, not the premium American Heavy. Fires like a damn machinegun with decent pen for its tier & class. Decent down-hill rammer against the poor non-heavies in its way.

SU-100 - Not sure how much longer I'm keeping this, but it's fun while it lasts. Moving onto the SU-100M1 very shortly. Quite profitable with the DPM cannon over the Alpha cannon.

Considering buying back my KV-1, but unfortunately I had to scrap the crew to make room some months ago.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

15. - Top - End - #705
    Colossus in the Playground

I use Type mostly but if I were to use a non-Premium:
    - T-34-85 makes very decent money pretty reliably. It's rare to not get at least a few good hits in even if enemy decides to try and focus you down, provided you get a decent flank.
    - S-35 CA has a monster of a gun, insane view range and decent camo. Probably better than the old SU-85.
    - M4 Derpman makes nice money.
    - Marder II is still pretty good.
    - SU-26, Grille, S-51. Arty in general. You have inexistent repair costs, huge damage values.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    - SU-26, Grille, S-51. Arty in general. You have inexistent repair costs, huge damage values.
    High Tier Arty (7&8) got a smack on the nose recently with increased repair costs
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psilontech View Post
    T-50 - I love the T-50-2, but it is hard to stay in the black with the thing. Thus, the compromise here with the T-50. Not quite as good at passive as the ELC, but more than makes up for it in its ability to active scout. Hilarity ensues when you get into a tier-5 capped match.
    So much this. I feel like a Tier V disguised as a Tier IV tank in these games. Running rings around Hetzers and StuGs never fail to get old.

18. - Top - End - #708

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Don't diss the T28. The (front) armour is much more bouncier compared to the T28P, and it's far more manoeuvrable. Honestly, the only real reason you would want the T28P is for the gimmick of a turret and the excellent T30 is just after.
    Ok, sorry for answering late, but I'm not at all sure T28 has better armor, as it can't be angled. Anyway, I sold my Proto earlier today, and I'm now waiting for results from Golden Joystick. If they discount T30, I'm going to buy it. If not, then T28 it is.

Next tank in my to-get-rid-of-list is SU-100M1. I had considered to keep it around after eliting it to train my soviet td crew with accelerated crew training, but this just feels so unbearable.

If there's one line which needs a buff in world of tanks, it's the second soviet td line. Barely no-one seems to play them. Normally when new line comes out some people spent free exp to get the high tier vehicles quickly, but such has not been the case with these vehicles. For comparison, there's 9839 Jagdpanther II's on EU-server, which is lot as they don't lead to any new high tier vechiles, but there are only 1635 SU-101's.
    Last edited by darksolitaire; 2012-10-24 at 08:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #709

I think they over estimated on the role that the new line would play - its great in theory but hard to reliably pull off a Fixed gun flanking TD

9839 Jagdpanther II's on EU-server, which is lost as they don't lead to any new high tier vehicles,
    Yet...
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-10-24 at 08:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ettin in the Playground

The IS is on sale this week... but I'm going to be very hard pressed to unlock it before the deal expires. Probably could if I had more time to grind with my KV-1S, but I don't get many games in a day. Of course it also sucked that my game Sunday, with the last of the 3x exp on the KV-1S I rolled up to what seemed like a good area and was then killed in 2 shots before I could move away even being a top tier heavy in the battle and we go on to win the match and I get less exp with 3x then I do every other game after that without any bonus.

Even if WOT does win the Golden Joystick thing I don't think I can make much use of it. I don't have any T8 tanks even unlocked at this point, probably the only one I could get before then is the AMX 13 90. The cheap equipment I could use, but only if I don't get a T8 tank, because I just don't have the credits to get both.

21. - Top - End - #711

Shame Test Data doesn't carry over

Spoiler
    Show

I think that's the most Damage i have done in battle with anything ever
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-10-24 at 10:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

22. - Top - End - #712

OldWizardGuy

That is pretty insane damage, I don't remember seeing higher in post battle screens.

23. - Top - End - #713

That is some terrifying damage. My PB is 6,000 in my Patton, which really doesn't come close.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

I bought back my old KV-1 for credit grinding... gotta admit, I'm loving that thing all over again <._.> The 85mm is just absurd; I actually went toe-to-toe with a KV-1S and pretty much won that fight handily; sadly he ran off before I could get the finishing blow.

Also sold my crummy Somua 40; I know there are some great TDs further down the french line, but good gravy I can't stand driving that POS <x.x>

And finally sold the Pz III/IV - I plan to buy it back someday, but as it stands I just wasn't playing it at all.

Btw: Anyone know how the T34 (the American Heavy Premium) is? Is it basically just a bigger, slower, harder hitting T29? I'm considering taking the plunge and getting one, as I need credits and it seems like a good way to get them; but it's a pretty sizable real cash investment >.< So I'm hesitant.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

25. - Top - End - #715

If there's one line which needs a buff in world of tanks, it's the second soviet td line. Barely no-one seems to play them.
    Tell me about it. I need to kill the lot of them to get Expert: USSR back, but I never see any.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ettin in the Playground

Have I mentioned how I hate driving the KV-4 stock?

I hate driving the stock KV-4.

27. - Top - End - #717

Well, after having burnt a portion of my savings on buying a Panther, I decided I'd lash out and burn the rest of them buying a Panther II. As of yet, I don't have the tracks, which naturally means that I can't mount the turret or the Long 88, so it's currently badly underpowered. Hopefully once I have the Long 88 it'll be quite good, but I must admit I'm a little concerned that it will have too little penetration to be an effective sniper.

28. - Top - End - #718

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Have I mentioned how I hate driving the KV-4 stock?

I hate driving the stock KV-4.
    Yeah, it doesn't shine till you get the Long 107mm
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #719

Quote Originally Posted by Elm11 View Post
    Well, after having burnt a portion of my savings on buying a Panther, I decided I'd lash out and burn the rest of them buying a Panther II. As of yet, I don't have the tracks, which naturally means that I can't mount the turret or the Long 88, so it's currently badly underpowered. Hopefully once I have the Long 88 it'll be quite good, but I must admit I'm a little concerned that it will have too little penetration to be an effective sniper.
    You can actually mount the turret and Long 88 on Panther II's stock suspention, as long as you keep everything else stock as well -- you come in about 200kg under the limit iirc.

30. - Top - End - #720

The Red Circle is where i was was when i lagged
    Spoiler
    Show

When the game caught up there i was in the middle (facing the opposite direction as well)
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-10-25 at 09:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet