New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

So, thanks to this special I now own a Crusader and a Churchill I. Great success!
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Finally unlocked the Tier 8 American TD, T28.

Now all I need to do is raise a little over 2,000,000 credits.

F**k.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

3. - Top - End - #933
    Firbolg in the Playground

As it stands i could buy 3 T10s right now i so chose (aside from that none are unlocked). Never had to scrabble for credits but i guess that's a side product of playing a lot and not spending much where possible. Even with the Silver premium shells i still only fire them when i need to (and most have a small pre-bought pool to draw resupply from)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #934

Quote Originally Posted by psilontech View Post
    Finally unlocked the Tier 8 American TD, T28.

Now all I need to do is raise a little over 2,000,000 credits.

F**k.
    This, but with the M48A1 and six million credits.
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elm11 View Post
    This, but with the M48A1 and six million credits.
    So glad I got my T30...

Awww man.

I'm going to have to save six million for the T110E4 now...

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Finally unlocked my own first tier 8 tank, the KV-4, but still need to raise credits for it. By the time that's done, I'll probably also have the T32 and maybe the M26 Pershing unlocked as well, so will have to choose. I also have a handful of tier 7s I've unlocked but need to get.

Long term, I want to establish a base of 10M credits so that I can always take advantage of any sales, and also just to be able to indulge when I do unlock some of the higher tier tanks. I've decided that given the time investment, I don't mind throwing some real money at the company now and then to expand my garage so I can keep all tier 5 and higher tanks with their crews.

Towards that end, I'm re-collecting all the tier-5 tanks and TDs as a pool of credit earners. Even though some may be more profitable than others, this is still the tier where you usually have a profit even on losing games, and I'd rather have some variety at the cost of some efficiency. Also, these are generally good "real" tanks that are generally fun to drive (tier 4 has a LOT of stinkers in the mix).

My +/- score has been steadily increasing lately, too, and I think it's because I'm having more games where I make an early difference that tips the scales a bit in the overall DPS race. I'm pretty aggressive out of the box, but I think I'm making better decisions in cases where I get into position but don't have support behind me yet.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

7. - Top - End - #937

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    Long term, I want to establish a base of 10M credits so that I can always take advantage of any sales, and also just to be able to indulge when I do unlock some of the higher tier tanks.

Long term, I want to establish a base of 10M credits so that I can always take advantage of any sales,

Long term, I want to establish a base of 10M credits

10M credits
    I was like you, once. So young, full of innocence and hope for the future, for the prospect of money. I, too, thought that I could maintain a stockpile. Now I subsist on about 250,000 credits at the best of times. It's a nice thought, but it never works.

8. - Top - End - #938

Elite SU-100. Going to play it a while more before i Upgrade to the ISU-152
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-12-11 at 10:53 AM. Reason: So as not to distress the short of money anymore i'll not mention of reserves of credit anymore
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #939
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

New patch hits EU server tomorrow, I'm loading it as a write. Argh, once again I failed to get Master Tanker! There's barely anyone playing Object 263 anyway, and fragging FV215b is actually hard when you see them so rarely, they are played by good players and there's 28 other tanks driving around the map.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ettin in the Playground

Just got the 155mm on my T30.

This thing hits like a freight train and lets the other player know it alright. Downside? Every zero damage penetration burns. Like acid.

I hate those tanks with wide tracks.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    New patch hits EU server tomorrow, I'm loading it as a write. Argh, once again I failed to get Master Tanker! There's barely anyone playing Object 263 anyway, and fragging FV215b is actually hard when you see them so rarely, they are played by good players and there's 28 other tanks driving around the map.
    i am in the same boat of needing obj. 263
    though i also need the tier 4 Valentine
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #942

RogueGuy

I just took on a T-44 head on with my VK-3601 and won. These soviet tankers really don't seem to know how to aim these days, do they?
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

13. - Top - End - #943

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    I just took on a T-44 head on with my VK-3601 and won. These soviet tankers really don't seem to know how to aim these days, do they?
    In my experience it's the Germans, especially the classic Tiger drivers. The other day I took on a Panther II from 70 HP in my Type; he was full. I killed him and survived.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-12-11 at 09:26 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #944

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Any well played Vehicle can generally beat a badly played one
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #945

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Elite SU-100. Going to play it a while more before i Upgrade to the ISU-152
    SU-152 or ISU-152? I assume SU-152 since you said you had an elite SU-100. Its stock gun is probably its best gun, 175 pen for a tier 7 TD just isn't a whole lot and every other TD beats you in pen and by quite a bit. This is easily the first Russian TD line's worst moment. Next tier, with the ISU, you get the wonderful BL-10 as you completely shun the BL-9, it isn't that much more experience from it to the BL-10 so you shouldn't unlock it unless you're just eliting the tank.

The 704 and 268 are great tanks as well, though the 268 is fairly expensive experience-wise. They were my very first tier 9 and 10.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

Got my first Radley-Walter's in my M18.

Pretty standard game where my M18 just dodged shells and ripped the other team a new one on Widepark.

17. - Top - End - #947

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    SU-152 or ISU-152? I assume SU-152 since you said you had an elite SU-100.
    ISU-152. I misread the BF Sale info and unlocked the ISU in readiness only to discover that T7 was the limit, i used quite a lot of my banked Exp and a lot of gold so im going to skip straight to it since its unlocked now.

It will be using the 1st 122mm for a long time until i can get the second one.

Its for the best anyway as i already have a good T7 TD with my JagPanther, I'd keep the SU-100 but i have my Hellcat for T6 and i love that thing.

I had a LOT of fun with the 268 on the test Server which is what prompted me to get into gear and move up the tree
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-12-12 at 03:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks like they buffed the Type 59 in this patch. As if it wasn't OP enough already.

Liking the changes they made to the American and British tank names though. I always found it odd they referred to their tanks as model numbers instead of their more popular names.

My 'cat now is properly named the Hellcat.

19. - Top - End - #949

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Looks like they buffed the Type 59 in this patch. As if it wasn't OP enough already.

Liking the changes they made to the American and British tank names though. I always found it odd they referred to their tanks as model numbers instead of their more popular names.

My 'cat now is properly named the Hellcat.
    Again... i was just starting to get used to the LetterNumber names

The Type change is interesting - 181 Pen and 250 Avg Damage

Earned Mastery in Both T-44 and Type tonight
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #950

OldWizardGuy

So, I'm rolling around in the new tier 6 light and so far I'm unimpressed. I retrained my Chaffee crew which is half way to their second skills, so it's not that. T21 just feels like it's worse then Chaffee in every way, and it doesn't even have Shermans' awesome hull down.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Nah, Type's dpm remained the same and buffs got off set by gun depression nerf. It's pretty much same as ever, perhaps better on flat ground and weaker on hills.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Nah, Type's dpm remained the same and buffs got off set by gun depression nerf. It's pretty much same as ever, perhaps better on flat ground and weaker on hills.
    Since we all know using DPM as a measuring stick for tank power is laughable (you don't stand in one spot to continuously fire after all), the extra alpha and marginal increase in penetration is still a buff in that regard.

I'm not too sure if the nerf to gun depression is all that bad either. Frenchies certainly don't seem to have (much) trouble. Well, that'll rule out T59s in hill assaults though, like the A3 Halluf hill.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

It will be nice to actally have a chance to prnetrate other Tier 8s from the front arc on my Type now. Its been harder to drive and certainly not worth the gold I spent compared to other Perimium tanks. XP and credits all come from damage and the low pen Type gun had severe issues (hence credit making) before.

Not that it was a bad tank at all, just not in the same ballpark as other Premium tanks.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

23. - Top - End - #953

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzac View Post
    It will be nice to actally have a chance to prnetrate other Tier 8s from the front arc on my Type now. Its been harder to drive and certainly not worth the gold I spent compared to other Perimium tanks. XP and credits all come from damage and the low pen Type gun had severe issues (hence credit making) before.

Not that it was a bad tank at all, just not in the same ballpark as other Premium tanks.
    T-44 has the same penetration and it's a superb tank for its tier; if it were a heavy tank, its gun would be insufficient but it's fine as a medium tank. Type's advantages lie in its mobility and surprisingly heavy armoring; it can take random shots while positioning and it's a brutal flanker. Also, if you know the weak spots it can frontally penetrate just about every tank under tier 9 in my experience (granted, E-75 is frontally basically impervious to Type and IS-8 is a fairly difficult target too).

It really just comes down to the tank not really being a brawler (though it can perform alright in that role against many equal-tier opponents played poorly due to the heavy turret armor), but an honest-to-god super-mobile medium tank against vehicles of its tier and higher.

24. - Top - End - #954

Well, I took my type out for several battles this morning and would say the increase penetration and damage make a noticeable difference (and the gun has a cooler, new noise). I never put myself in a position where I needed gun depression, so I didn't actually realise it was nerfed. What's the new depression for it, as compared to the old?

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm, reading the forums, apparently the gun depression nerf was withheld.

/shrug

Here's an amusing gif

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I sadly know exactly what scene that comes from.

I did watch all the episodes so far of "Girls und Panzer" and it's weirdly and surprisingly good for what it is. Not that they're making something amazing, but they do a good job overall. The tank info sounds like they've researched and know their stuff, the high school drama part of things isn't overwrought (most of the time), and they keep the battles interesting (even if they're about as realistic as WoT).

The writing is actually pretty good, with fairly subtle motivations for both the home team's members and a lot of their opponents as well.

I mean, I'm still all about WHY exactly somebody would make a TV show about girls playing tank warfare, but after that it's an amusing little show that I'll keep following for now.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

27. - Top - End - #957

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post

I mean, I'm still all about WHY exactly somebody would make a TV show about girls playing tank warfare.
    When do the Japanese need a reason to pair Schoolgirls with something (least its just Tanks in this case and nothing with excessive tentacles)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    When do the Japanese need a reason to pair Schoolgirls with something (least its just Tanks in this case and nothing with excessive tentacles)
    Rumour has it that at least half of the animators/writers loved World of Tanks. So it's not impossible they were influenced by the game.

'Least I read people claiming that some of the things happening in the anime resembles gameplay in WOT. Gotta see it for myself though.

29. - Top - End - #959

DwarfFighterGuy

So I spent a few hours yesterday seeing if I felt like getting back into world of tanks. The result was a resounding 'meh'.

All the reasons that I stopped playing: getting 1shot by artillary out of nowhere because I was visible for half a second, high tier tanks being incredibly unprofitable even with good performance and a victory, and the hilariously high squishyness of the american tanks against tanks even a tier or two lower than them, all of these came roaring back with a vengence, so I said "screw it".

The only awesome thing was dunebuggying in my M-5 stuart off of the little rice-paddy cliffs on the new asian map, where previously those would have been impervious brick walls.
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iyaerP View Post
    So I spent a few hours yesterday seeing if I felt like getting back into world of tanks. The result was a resounding 'meh'.

All the reasons that I stopped playing: getting 1shot by artillary out of nowhere because I was visible for half a second, high tier tanks being incredibly unprofitable even with good performance and a victory, and the hilariously high squishyness of the american tanks against tanks even a tier or two lower than them, all of these came roaring back with a vengence, so I said "screw it".

The only awesome thing was dunebuggying in my M-5 stuart off of the little rice-paddy cliffs on the new asian map, where previously those would have been impervious brick walls.

The first (artillery) has always been a concern. Only way would be to keep to arty-safe zones. Playing artillery actually helps to familiarise yourself with normal arty deadzones.

High tier tanks are unprofitable by design to keep the low/mid-tiers alive. (and to keep players playing, obviously.)

American tanks require players to almost constantly hull down in order to take advantage of their incredibly strong turrets, gun depression and protect their weak hulls. A playstyle one must adapt unfortunately. (Turreted American TDs don't count. They have tissue for armour anyway. Exceptions are T28P and T110E4.)