New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

JANE! ROXY! NOOOOO!!!

Not again. This is Eridan's "****hive meltdown" all over again.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Roxy's fine. It is faintly possible that she'll need a plot-advancing dream-ressurect, but that was a very suspicious moment for blackout to occur.

Jane could be okay, too, actually, given her poorly-defined crazy life powers. Or maybe Dirk will have to give her a kiss so that she wakes up on Prospit and has a chat with the Queen.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Something I just noticed to add more fuel to the uu is Lord English fire.

uu laughs in the same way as Doc Scratch and Lil Cal.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Editor and playtester for Legend.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    Roxy can't be dead, right? She can't black out the session if she's dead? Right?
    It's quite simple:
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007041 : real injury (but she'll get a corpsesmooch and live on as her dreamself, or she'll do the lifey thing, whatever).
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007073 : real injury, but he's just knocked out
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007083 : didn't happen, it's just uu's extrapolations
    Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007085]uu[/url]
    uu: LuCKILY.
    uu: I POSSESS A VIVID IMAGINATION.
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007092 : didn't happen, same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

I really like, how Jake calmly puts on his skulltop while falling (dispite flailing wildly a moment before) as if he did such stunts before. That's the adventurers way!
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

7. - Top - End - #307

So... I assume now would be a great time for John and Jade to come through the 4th wall and save Jake, then move on to Derse and save Jane? Or Dirk is gonna save Jane with the kiss of life.

Gamzee is still floating around on Jane's planet too, so he could show up and take Jane to save her.

Carapaces will probably help Roxy enter before the miles kill her, and regular Dirk is gonna get helped by Sawtooth and Squarewave because he's unconscious at the moment.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I doubt we'll see any rescue missions just yet; the B1 kids have yet a few years left of their travel time to the new session.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Unless the B1 kids time travel back once they get there. Perfectly possible, at least for the Knight of Time.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure the scenes with the B1 kids still travelling are set in the 'past'.

The B2 kids are 16, and were 'born' on exactly the same dates as the B1 kids. The journey the B1 kids are taking takes three years. Do the math.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

It's more of a narratve argument, really: We've only seen a third of their journey in the intermissions. It would seem strange if the rest was left out.

But we'll see... This is Homestuck after all.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, status of the kids...

Jane: Probalby dead, but in good position to get a kiss-resurrection as a dream self. On the other hand, she could just come back to life; This might be the flickering of her lantern that was mentioned.

Roxy: ??? May or may not be dead, but one way or another will most likely survive at the very least as her dream self

Jake: Needs to get into the medium soon before he gets burnt from convection, but he's survived head trauma before while wearing that thing, at least.

Dirk: May lose a few superflous Dirks here. OF the four post-scratch kids, he's also the one I'd classify as most likely to die entirely, simply because Roxy and Jake have unfufilled things they need to do, and Jane was suppose to die and then come back to life, but I don't recall Dirk having any such plot armor. Would still feel like a waste of a character. ON the other hand, I could see him joining Vriska and Tavros in their quest to find a way back to the land of the living.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-06-26 at 08:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313

Dirk, Tavros, and Vriska will lead a rebellion on the Dream bubbles the likes of which have never been seen.

They will gather armies, nations even. Every single person that has died, in any timeline, who has touched the game will join them.

Only 6 will make it out.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Wait.

What if they were always meant to fail? What if Dirk, Roxy, Jane, and Jake were always meant to die here and now? At this point, unconsciousness is pretty close to death, as the Miles are still coming.

The game is said to plan for its own outcome. None of them are supposed to even prototype. Their game can't possibly end in victory for them. So what if they're all supposed to die? What if their only purpose is simply to start a game session so that Dave, Rose, Jade, and John could "succeed" with their own worlds?

(Also on a previous point, all the B2 kids can't have been born on the same dates as their B1 counterparts, because the B1 kids were all in the same time period. Half the B2 kids are off by several years.)
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

15. - Top - End - #315

That can't be, because the prophecy says that Jane will god tier, and she aint no god tier right now.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    That can't be, because the prophecy says that Jane will god tier, and she aint no god tier right now.
    She might be soon, if she is taken to the quest bed.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

17. - Top - End - #317

She's on Derse, with no one conscious nearby to help. The transportaliser back to LOCAH is buried. No one has any idea where on her planet her Quest Bed is.

Sounds like a good time for Gamzee or the Meteor Crew to arrive.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I could also see a big damn heroes arrival from the rest of the cast, then a cutaway to the third intermission.

Actually, I suspect irregardless of what happens, we're going to see the third intermission soon.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

One thing about Homestuck is that it seems to create conventions for the sole purpose of defying them from then on. John is the only classically created god-tier character. Everyone else evolved in circumstances that seemed impossible by conventions: Jade's dream self was dead, Dave and Rose's original selves were dead and their dream selves were nowhere the known quest beds.

I wouldn't expect the outcome from this scenario to derive from any established convention, but rather from little complications that interact in ways we aren't aware they can.

Oh, and one thing that must be said: it's a bit of a surprise that Dirk get's taken down by his dream self getting KOed. I would have thought that would make it easier to focus, but it seems that's a major weak point for the Prince of Hearts if the core takes a hit when an aspect does.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Roxy's fine. It is faintly possible that she'll need a plot-advancing dream-ressurect, but that was a very suspicious moment for blackout to occur.
    Aaannd I stand corrected.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

i'd like to point out that Dirk's lamp is still faintly glowing. He's only half-dead
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kinda off-topic, but look at these characters: Ѽ ѽ

Their name in Unicode is "omega with titlo", Wikipedia claims it's the "ornate omega", but we know the truth here, don't we? It's the pumpkin glyph.

(If your browser does not display unicode characters, have a free "what pumpkin?" joke on the house.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

Gez you are amazingly awesome right now.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    ide
    They all have to enter, because the frog has eight towers and planets aren't formed until you do.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Say what you like about Dirk, but when the chips are down, he's very focused on what needs to be done.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It's kinda interesting how much the Post-scratch kids are keeping in theme with their Pre-scratch counterparts.

Jane: Okay, so she's only a good natured lass with a penchant for cooking. If she laughs, though, you know it'll be "Hoo hoo hoo hoo".

Roxy: Alcohol, plus a lot hidden under an inebriated exterior (Mom crushed numerous ridiculously overpowered imps with little visible effort - possibly even the Denizen, though it was never mentioned so I doubt it).

Dirk: Focused. Takes interests to their extremes, including puppets, disturbing imagery, and protecting what he cares about at all costs.

Jake: Adventurous, fearless, trigger-happy, and already dead in at least one sense.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

27. - Top - End - #327

Wait, if Dirk is just going to leave through the Fenestrated window that Roxy still has plugged in, can't the trolls and kids just follow him in there? That way they just bypass the 3 year wait and get on to ass kicking.

That would be cool.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wait, if Dirk is just going to leave through the Fenestrated window that Roxy still has plugged in, can't the trolls and kids just follow him in there? That way they just bypass the 3 year wait and get on to ass kicking.

That would be cool.
    No dice. They're in a dream bubble, not really there in any physical sense. They're all either dream-dead, dead-dead, or god-tier.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

29. - Top - End - #329

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    No dice. They're in a dream bubble, not really there in any physical sense. They're all either dream-dead, dead-dead, or god-tier.
    They're physically moving through the dream bubble. The window is a portal into and out of that dream bubble. I see no reason why they can't simply use that portal to escape.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

They're physically moving through the dream bubble. The window is a portal into and out of that dream bubble. I see no reason why they can't simply use that portal to escape.
    Well, Sollux could be evidence for your case, but I thought bubble-selves were contained, and couldn't get out into the real world. If they could, we could have a LOT of Aradias and Daves out there...
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.