New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    I also found a thing! Beware: it contains the evils of "humor" and "cute".
    So... cute...

EDIT: Oh, hey, update. Well, so far so good. Still expecting excrement to hit the fan again soon.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-07-17 at 10:00 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Updates.

Spoiler
    Show
    So... Sawtooth and Squrewave have their own planets now? I'm guessing they don't, this is just part of the cheating.
    Last edited by RebelRogue; 2012-07-17 at 10:13 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRogue View Post
    Updates.

Spoiler
    Show
    So... Sawtooth and Squrewave have their own planets now? I'm guessing they don't, this is just part of the cheating.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, they just did the motions to bring the kids' planets in.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I wonder if any of Roxy's exiles got back into the game with her house and squarewave. Hope so.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Looks like the volcano's not going with Jake's house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Looks like the volcano's not going with Jake's house.
    Already got Jade's volcano; don't need two.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Plus as far as i can tell Volcainos only go with the Space players, Jake isn't a space player, he just happened to live in the right area for one.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

That was totally sweet.

The fact that Homestuckku doesn't exist is further evidence that we do not live in the best of all possible worlds
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

10. - Top - End - #460
    Banned

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    And annother!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I love this one so much .
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

13. - Top - End - #463

Oh god! Good thing I've finally made a tumblr account.
    How could I have missed this until now?

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Well, we knew he was going to find it eventually. (Wait, that happened almost half a month ago. Why was it not linked to more commonly)

On the topic of a Homestuck Anime: I'm not sure a straight adaption would work. I mean, let's face it, Homestuck is incredibly text heavy. Now, that's part of the charm of it, of course, but I can't see the pesterlogs working in a fully animated work. Of course, if it was an adaption, the pesterlogs could of course be condensed and done via voice chat (or perhaps done via audio transcription). Speaking of which... If the fandom is that enamored with this idea... Why hasn't an actual project appeared yet? I mean, Hussie's original offhand comment about Nepeta quest spawned not just a fanfic, but an actual video game project.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-07-19 at 05:14 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    On the topic of a Homestuck Anime: I'm not sure a straight adaption would work. I mean, let's face it, Homestuck is incredibly text heavy. Now, that's part of the charm of it, of course, but I can't see the pesterlogs working in a fully animated work. Of course, if it was an adaption, the pesterlogs could of course be condensed and done via voice chat (or perhaps done via audio transcription). Speaking of which... If the fandom is that enamored with this idea... Why hasn't an actual project appeared yet? I mean, Hussie's original offhand comment about Nepeta quest spawned not just a fanfic, but an actual video game project.
    All of the pesterlogs would be in English, with Japanese voiceover -- although in most places the logs themselves would not be visible save for the occasional "flavor shot."

The reason fans haven't made this yet is that anime is actually very labor intensive. You need teams of VAs and, unless you want it to be flash-quality, likely teams of animators too. Yes, even for CG.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

You're not totally sure, but you think this means there are now three Jack Noirs running around. (No, wait, four. The Jack pile doesnt stop from getting taller!)

Have you seen Andrew Hussie's and Ryan North's recent collaborative project? They're doing it, man. They're making this happen.

irenic, could you please put that image in a spoiler tag? It's stretching out the screen. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Most of those are pretty great.
    Still, the Homestuck anime is nothing next to Andrew's greatest work, Dr. Brinner: Ghost Psychiatrist!
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Abstract positioning, either fully "position doesn't matter" or "zones" or whatever, is fine. If the rules reflect that. Exact positioning, with a visual representation, is fine. But "exact positioning theoretically exists, and the rules interact with it, but it only exists in the GM's head and is communicated to the players a bit at a time" sucks for anything even a little complex. And I say this from a GM POV.

17. - Top - End - #467

RedWizardGuy

Speaking of which... If the fandom is that enamored with this idea... Why hasn't an actual project appeared yet? I mean, Hussie's original offhand comment about Nepeta quest spawned not just a fanfic, but an actual video game project.
    They're doing it, man. They're making it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Bugbear in the Playground

Somehow, i find this hillarious.

Robbie from "VicTorious" is now my John headcannon, gogdarnit.

Seriously, the song from the first season of Sengoku Basara? Not really a fit, imo.
    Last edited by Madmal; 2012-07-19 at 09:07 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    Seriously, the song from the first season of Sengoku Basara? Not really a fit, imo.
    Which makes it part of the fine tradition of Surreal Theme Tunes for anime

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

20. - Top - End - #470
    Banned

You clearly haven't looked around hard enough as the ninja attests to.

Have you ever seen Durarara!!!? The character development is sometimes interspersed with chat room discussions on the latest hapenins. It's just random cuts that lead you to infer who is who based on who says and knows what.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Banned

One thing I wanna see is Homestuck the sitcom. What would it's name be? Could this be the opening?
    Last edited by irenicObserver; 2012-07-20 at 11:26 AM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-07-21 at 11:14 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Did you know why eridian wen't on a killing spree? Because Feferi is the worst Morial EVER. She did the stupidest thing a calmer morial (as apposed to a berserker morial) can make. She broke up.
    But to be fair, she thought that it was safe to do so because they had left their world (and their species was killed off, anyway), and so Eridan's genocidal ambitions could no longer be fulfilled. She says as much.

Of course, turns out that she was wrong, both about him no longer being dangerous and about him no longer being able to commit genocide. After all, the survival of their team meant that trolls weren't completely killed off yet. And despite Eridan's talk of wanting a better future for his people, he was ultimately willing to sacrifice the reproductive future of the sea dwellers in order to do the same to the land dwellers. Because apparently he is really just the worst sort of utter bastard who is driven by pure spite.

But it's not like Feferi was just completely senseless.

Why was Calliope saying she can't feel 3 other types of relationships? She likes having friends. Thats like Morials except without the dangerous parts.
    That's like saying that a friend is like a matesprit but without the sexual parts. And some people might agree with that, but others would strongly dispute it.

I think that redrom tends to involve more cuddling. Not that that defines it, but it's indicative of the feelings involved. Of course, just as a rivalry doesn't need to be sexual nor mediated, a "red" relationship, broadly speaking, doesn't have to be flushed nor pale.

Generally speaking, I think that it helps to look at a pair of adjacent quadrants as a false dichotomy: The broad category of relationship that includes both of the quadrants also includes more.

But there are too many things that are genetically vile in their physiology for alternia1 to be any form of decent society, not even talking about Utopia.
    Keep in mind that humans could be described as selfish, greedy, violent, and short-sighted. Those traits are all parts of our gene pool. And yet so to are altruism, cooperation, foresight, etc.

Have you noticed how several of the A2 trolls we've met are actually pretty nice, and only a few are really especially bad? Keep in mind that the A1 troll planet was ruled by an alternate timeline version of Feferi.

Jealousy is a major part of human romance, mind you. Someone could look at that and say that there's no way that our species could be adapted to that in such a way that it wouldn't cause all sorts of terrible problems on both an individual and a societal level. And... they'd basically be right? You could call human society not "decent" on that basis, and on the basis that there's lots of horrible things that humans do for other reasons, for that matter. "Decent" is a fairly relative term. Still, human society does have some good points, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    (no blackrom here, they simply want to kill eachother)
    Wait, what what what? Not only do Sollux and Eridan not kill each other when given the chance, but Terezi explicitly points out when Eridan rather blatantly tries to get her to mediate between her and Sollux (in the Alterniabound flash).

Equius may be caste obsessed, but he really does care for her and wants what's best for her - it's just that he can't accept the thought of her flushing with someone of a lower caste, which is tricky because there's nobody on the entire meteor who shares a caste, so any relationship would be guilty of that.
    Well, Equius and Aradiabot have the same blood color, as a fairly direct result of Equius's concern about such things. Which is not to say that he doesn't still regard their relationship as enticingly inappropriate.

I call that by blood powers. We all know that outside of that it doesn't make sense.

But I should try not to think about it because everything about trolls breaks apart into little tiny pieces if you think about it.
    No, when I think about it, practically everything about trolls makes perfect sense. It's unfamiliar, sure, but it's internally consistent.

Look, did you miss how in the 5x SHOWDOWN COMBO, everyone's instinct was to romance Gamzee in some way? It might as well have said in big, glowing letters "IN CASE IT WASN'T ALREADY CLEAR BY NOW, ROMANCE IS HOW TROLLS MANAGE VIOLENT PEOPLE". The part of this that you're not acknowledging is that this actually works pretty well at least some of the time.

You seem to think that a successful moirallegiance is a relationship in which one troll constantly deals with another's outbursts, rather than one that prevents frequent outbursts from happening. But one partner always running around putting out proverbial fires isn't the concept here. The idea is that the right sort of interactions with another person can lead to an improvement in general temperament.

As in, Equius doesn't not need a moirail because he's not a violent psychopath; he's not a violent psychopath because he has a moirail. If not for Nepeta, he'd probably be beating up other trolls instead of robots.

Heck, during a conversation between Vriska and Kanaya, it is specifically noted that Kanaya doesn't directly intervene to stop Vriska from doing bad stuff; furthermore, Kanaya even thinks that doing so would prevent their relationship from working. A relationship that Kanaya thinks at least might qualify as moirallegiance.

If you look at that, and the conversations between Eridan and Feferi and Nepeta and Equius, you'll see that exchanges between moirails often involve a lot of arguing, which one might think wouldn't be the best way to keep someone calm. But it seems that Eridan is refraining from wiping out the land dwellers for Feferi's sake, for much the same reason that Nepeta refrains from joining the Red Team. Moirails care enough about each other to be unwilling to upset each other, and these bonds of mutual concern thus serve to prevent trolls from engaging in dangerous and destructive behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Abstract positioning, either fully "position doesn't matter" or "zones" or whatever, is fine. If the rules reflect that. Exact positioning, with a visual representation, is fine. But "exact positioning theoretically exists, and the rules interact with it, but it only exists in the GM's head and is communicated to the players a bit at a time" sucks for anything even a little complex. And I say this from a GM POV.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh. I posted that like a million years ago.

I don't feel like debating about it anymore!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

I am annoyed more than I should be that the singing is all in English but the subtitles have hiragana in them.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Banned

Ugh. I posted that like a million years ago.

I don't feel like debating about it anymore!
    Well boo to you then, you had mentioned you wanted to debate this when everyone was woefully tired of it. Know you know how we feel.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

Well boo to you then, you had mentioned you wanted to debate this when everyone was woefully tired of it. Know you know how we feel.
    Well then lets count us even then.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Banned

The different context thread is a great time-waster if you're bored. It has it's gems.

29. - Top - End - #479

UPDATE. REVELATIONS OF VARYING IMPORTANCE.

Spoiler
    Show
    uu's name is Caliborn.
    To everyone's complete lack of surprise, uu's weapon is a pool cue that doubles as an assault rifle.
    Cherubs are strong and hardcore enough to gnaw off their own leg

Lord English can destroy Dream Bubbles, and presumably permakill anything living in them.
    The shards from the destruction have apparently been whats killing the horrorterrors.

The sheer glitchyness of a 1 player session created a black hole?
    That dreambubble was blue. The one that Aranea and Meenah were in was purple.

I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh no. Oh no. Oh nooooooo

Spoiler
    Show
    Does this mean that the dead trolls/humans that were in that/those bubble/bubbles (I'm not too sure if he wrecked one or two) are dead forever? Or did he just destroy the whole afterlife?

Either way, just knowing that he can destroy afterlives is just... horrendous. What will happen to Calliope now??