Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    eggs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    So. Daves. About that Pimpslayer-ing we've been hearing about...

    It could use some work.
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-07-28 at 04:29 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    As a final kick to the gut before i submit to the "LE is actually important to the story bluh bluh" thing...

    This is the first time LE has actually DONE ANYTHING that actually directly affects the story of the kids and the trolls. And even then it's only to a bunch of dead versions.

    That is all.

    Edit: And also: Hussie is REAALY unfreindly to epileptics with this flash.
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


    Some homebrew i need help with.Fin stuf
    Hear it, love it, live it.

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    lord pringle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North California
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I have been dreading this day since the felt intermission.
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    ... maybe he moved his Dream Self to the Crypt on Derse? Would that count? I don't know, Savior of the Waking World/Dreaming Dead are both associated with Ascending, it popped into my head.
    That sounds possible.
    To anyone who's in one of my games, sorry for being a bad inattentive GM. Please PM me if you need a post somewhere.
    ~~~~~
    [S] All: Behold glory of Calamity, who made my sweet Homestuck avatar

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    What? The day the character who has always been the main antagonist actually does something?
    I dont know about always been, pretty sure Bec Noir was the main bad guy for a good part of the story there.


    But other then that yes.
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


    Some homebrew i need help with.Fin stuf
    Hear it, love it, live it.

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I dont know about always been, pretty sure Bec Noir was the main bad guy for a good part of the story there.
    This is how Homestuck works. Every act is nothing more than a prologue for the much more important things which will happen in the act following it.

  6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    memnarch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the mind.

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    So, question; do dead god-tiers respawn if they didn't have a heroic/just death?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

    Currently playing: Minecraft, L4D2, Awesomenauts. Available for L4D2 shenanigans almost anytime.

    Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    eggs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Yeah, they just pop back up. John had one of those after one of the times Slick killed him.


    On the flash, I'm really confused on where various bits are taking place. Do the green curtains mean the sarcophagus is doing its "already here" bit in the alternate kids' universe, or are the curtains in whatever narration/author-space Hussy-the-character lives in?
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-07-28 at 05:30 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gez's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    But that John wasn't already dead before he was killed. We're talking about the dreambubble ghosts of (heroically/justly) slain godtier characters here. Is the ghost of a dead immortal also immortal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarNorth View Post
    This is how Homestuck works. Every act is nothing more than a prologue for the much more important things which will happen in the act following it.
    Still, ignoring the fact that Jack/Bec noir was a HUGE bad guy for a long portion of the story in wich Lord English didn't even play a part in is... well... kinda silly.


    Just because Ganon turned out to be the final boss at the end of Twilight Princess Doesn't mean that Zant was any less of a major villian during the time when we didn't even know Ganon was in the game.
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


    Some homebrew i need help with.Fin stuf
    Hear it, love it, live it.

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    eggs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    But that John wasn't already dead before he was killed. We're talking about the dreambubble ghosts of (heroically/justly) slain godtier characters here. Is the ghost of a dead immortal also immortal?
    Oh, that kind of dead god tier. This whole would business would lose a whole lot of narrative oomph if they didn't stay dead.

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Calemyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    Oh, that kind of dead god tier. This whole would business would lose a whole lot of narrative oomph if they didn't stay dead.
    Yeah, this seems to be pretty much cleaning the stage, destroying all the extras in one vicious boost to LE's reputation.

    I wonder if it's truly as bad as it seems though. Does this mean everything in every dream bubble is now gone? That all the Prescratch trolls and two thirds of the Postscratch trolls have all completely ceased to be? The horrorterrors (who we'll eventually find out aren't entirely evil) are maimed, bleeding, and possibly dying? All that's left are 8 kids and 4 trolls for heroes.

    That said... *shudder* The Huss knows how to do a game-changer.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-07-28 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by M'aiq the Liar
    The Wood Elves are not made of wood and the Sea Elves are not made of water. M'aiq still wonders about the High Elves.

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tectonic Robot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The States
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    As the resident Lord English fanboy around here, I just want to say I pretty much spent most of that update freaking the frack out. >_>
    Proud member of the Gnomish Wanderer fanclub!

    Spoiler: Look at this cool thing!
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jayngfet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryeka View Post
    Oh no. Oh no. Oh nooooooo

    Spoiler
    Show
    Does this mean that the dead trolls/humans that were in that/those bubble/bubbles (I'm not too sure if he wrecked one or two) are dead forever? Or did he just destroy the whole afterlife?

    Either way, just knowing that he can destroy afterlives is just... horrendous. What will happen to Calliope now??
    That's as dead as they'll ever get. If you go frame by frame you can see that the blast actually tore all the flesh off their bones before vaporizing that. This wasn't some kind of teleport beam or knockback attack or anything, this was an attack capable of destroying an entire pantheon's worth of gods in one hit.
    My homebrew(3.5):
    Planetouched, candy, Undead, Spiders.

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Yeah, this seems to be pretty much cleaning the stage, destroying all the extras in one vicious boost to LE's reputation.

    I wonder if it's truly as bad as it seems though. Does this mean everything in every dream bubble is now gone? That all the Prescratch trolls and two thirds of the Postscratch trolls have all completely ceased to be? The horrorterrors (who we'll eventually find out aren't entirely evil) are maimed, bleeding, and possibly dying? All that's left are 8 kids and 4 trolls for heroes.

    That said... *shudder* The Huss knows how to do a game-changer.
    Do we know that all the dream bubbles were within that one? Or could some iterations have escaped?

    EDIT: Update Sort of. Well, now we know for certain that was the EOA6A3 flash
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-07-28 at 07:27 PM.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  15. - Top - End - #525
    Banned
     
    irenicObserver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Land of Fans and Music

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Anyone else notice how the accretion disk of the sun had...images of what could be the horrorterrors in it?

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    eggs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Do we know that all the dream bubbles were within that one? Or could some iterations have escaped?
    I'd think Aradia and dead Vriska/Tavros/AH would be at least glimpsed in the flash if it was supposed to show all the dream-bubble characters dying permanently - they've all had some screen time, dialog and minor development since they croaked or decided to hang out in the dream bubbles. So I'm thinking the flash just showed LE vaporizing one bubble.

    And totally unrelated, Caliborn might just manage to be the most adorable psycho killer in paradox space. (But the competition is fierce.)
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-07-28 at 10:50 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    lord pringle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North California
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    And totally unrelated, Caliborn might just manage to be the most adorable psycho killer in paradox space. (But the competition is fierce.)
    The one tooth makes his grin look very smug. Unrelatedly, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a game of SBURBage Worlds to get their homestuck fix during the hiatus?
    To anyone who's in one of my games, sorry for being a bad inattentive GM. Please PM me if you need a post somewhere.
    ~~~~~
    [S] All: Behold glory of Calamity, who made my sweet Homestuck avatar

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hiding and fleeing.

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    The one tooth makes his grin look very smug. Unrelatedly, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a game of SBURBage Worlds to get their homestuck fix during the hiatus?
    I would definitely be up for that if people are okay with having someone new to the system (I've read it - or at least the bits relevant to SBURBage Worlds - but haven't played it yet). Though Savage Worlds initiative system might be a bit weird in a play-by-post, if I'm not completely misremembering.

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    lord pringle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North California
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    I would definitely be up for that if people are okay with having someone new to the system (I've read it - or at least the bits relevant to SBURBage Worlds - but haven't played it yet). Though Savage Worlds initiative system might be a bit weird in a play-by-post, if I'm not completely misremembering.
    I'd just have to make a complex chart. I'd happily have a new player, but for a proper session we'd need at least one other person.
    To anyone who's in one of my games, sorry for being a bad inattentive GM. Please PM me if you need a post somewhere.
    ~~~~~
    [S] All: Behold glory of Calamity, who made my sweet Homestuck avatar

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Forever Curious's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Good question

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    I'd just have to make a complex chart. I'd happily have a new player, but for a proper session we'd need at least one other person.
    So... long time lurker on this thread and the site in general, but this game idea intrigues me too much. I'll read through the rules for SBURBage Worlds, but I've played Savage Worlds before and have a decent understanding of the basic rules.
    Kaalia Verk avatar by Rauthiss.


  21. - Top - End - #531
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    lord pringle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North California
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Curious View Post
    So... long time lurker on this thread and the site in general, but this game idea intrigues me too much. I'll read through the rules for SBURBage Worlds, but I've played Savage Worlds before and have a decent understanding of the basic rules.
    Awesome! I'll post a recruitment thread on the PbP forum.

    Here we are.
    Last edited by lord pringle; 2012-07-29 at 12:36 AM.
    To anyone who's in one of my games, sorry for being a bad inattentive GM. Please PM me if you need a post somewhere.
    ~~~~~
    [S] All: Behold glory of Calamity, who made my sweet Homestuck avatar

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Yuki Akuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Land of Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Yeah, this seems to be pretty much cleaning the stage, destroying all the extras in one vicious boost to LE's reputation.

    I wonder if it's truly as bad as it seems though. Does this mean everything in every dream bubble is now gone? That all the Prescratch trolls and two thirds of the Postscratch trolls have all completely ceased to be? The horrorterrors (who we'll eventually find out aren't entirely evil) are maimed, bleeding, and possibly dying? All that's left are 8 kids and 4 trolls for heroes.

    That said... *shudder* The Huss knows how to do a game-changer.
    That dream bubble was blue - the one the trollcestor kids were in was purple. They're fine.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

    Dreamer Pony is by Akrim.elf.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Baiyan, God of Joy, by GryffonDurime, while the C.U.T.E Scardycat and Dreamer are by Tomb Raven.

  23. - Top - End - #533
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_Final_Stand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    A thought. In that flash, we saw Lord English land on a Quest Bed. Next to him were parts of Derse and Prospit. Are Dream Bubble Quest Beds/Crypts fully functional? Could the Trolls theoretically Ascend on a bed in a Dream Bubble?

    UNRELATED EDIT: There's a little flashing light on the end graphic. About level with the top of the black hole, on the underside of the main tendril leading from the sun. Art error? Or CONSPIRACY?
    Last edited by The_Final_Stand; 2012-07-29 at 10:18 AM.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

    If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

  24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    eggs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Seems likely. Gamzee must have ascended somewhere and it doesn't like there'd be a rage bed in the trolls' meteor or the alternate universe kids' session.

    EDIT:
    Or Gamzee just sewed himself up some bitching duds. The man's a sucker for a codpiece.
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-07-29 at 11:32 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    Seems likely. Gamzee must have ascended somewhere and it doesn't like there'd be a rage bed in the trolls' meteor or the alternate universe kids' session.

    EDIT:
    Or Gamzee just sewed himself up some bitching duds. The man's a sucker for a codpiece.
    There's also the possibility that he ascended a long time ago; we have seen something that looked an awful lot like his quest bed would beforehand.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zejety's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    There's also the possibility that he ascended a long time ago; we have seen something that looked an awful lot like his quest bed would beforehand.
    For reference:
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2l7w4wvT61qge6d4.gif
    Pay attention to the top right corner.

  27. - Top - End - #537
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    lord pringle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North California
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Zejety View Post
    For reference:
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2l7w4wvT61qge6d4.gif
    Pay attention to the top right corner.
    Don't trolls have quest recupracoons?
    To anyone who's in one of my games, sorry for being a bad inattentive GM. Please PM me if you need a post somewhere.
    ~~~~~
    [S] All: Behold glory of Calamity, who made my sweet Homestuck avatar

  28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    eggs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    There's also the possibility that he ascended a long time ago; we have seen something that looked an awful lot like his quest bed would beforehand.
    And keep that majestic codpiece a secret? I didn't think he was that crazy.

  29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    Don't trolls have quest recupracoons?
    They do.

    BUT! speaking of gamzee, i was in a skype chat with someone, and we realized something...

    Maybe Gamzee just saved Tavros and Viriska from LE. I mean if self-distructing from sprite-form caused them to go to a new dreambubble, and not the big one that was just attacked...
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


    Some homebrew i need help with.Fin stuf
    Hear it, love it, live it.

  30. - Top - End - #540
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    tyckspoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    They do.
    IIRC their ascension structures looked pretty much like the Kids, they just didn't call them "Beds" because they don't recognize them as such. I want to say 'Quest Slab' was the term used, although that might have just been the term the fandom settled on as a generic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •