New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

So. Daves. About that Pimpslayer-ing we've been hearing about...

It could use some work.
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-07-28 at 04:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

As a final kick to the gut before i submit to the "LE is actually important to the story bluh bluh" thing...

This is the first time LE has actually DONE ANYTHING that actually directly affects the story of the kids and the trolls. And even then it's only to a bunch of dead versions.

That is all.

Edit: And also: Hussie is REAALY unfreindly to epileptics with this flash.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I have been dreading this day since the felt intermission.
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    ... maybe he moved his Dream Self to the Crypt on Derse? Would that count? I don't know, Savior of the Waking World/Dreaming Dead are both associated with Ascending, it popped into my head.
    That sounds possible.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    What? The day the character who has always been the main antagonist actually does something?
    I dont know about always been, pretty sure Bec Noir was the main bad guy for a good part of the story there.

But other then that yes.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515
    Orc in the Playground

I dont know about always been, pretty sure Bec Noir was the main bad guy for a good part of the story there.
    This is how Homestuck works. Every act is nothing more than a prologue for the much more important things which will happen in the act following it.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, question; do dead god-tiers respawn if they didn't have a heroic/just death?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, they just pop back up. John had one of those after one of the times Slick killed him.

On the flash, I'm really confused on where various bits are taking place. Do the green curtains mean the sarcophagus is doing its "already here" bit in the alternate kids' universe, or are the curtains in whatever narration/author-space Hussy-the-character lives in?
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-07-28 at 05:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #518

But that John wasn't already dead before he was killed. We're talking about the dreambubble ghosts of (heroically/justly) slain godtier characters here. Is the ghost of a dead immortal also immortal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarNorth View Post
    This is how Homestuck works. Every act is nothing more than a prologue for the much more important things which will happen in the act following it.
    Still, ignoring the fact that Jack/Bec noir was a HUGE bad guy for a long portion of the story in wich Lord English didn't even play a part in is... well... kinda silly.

Just because Ganon turned out to be the final boss at the end of Twilight Princess Doesn't mean that Zant was any less of a major villian during the time when we didn't even know Ganon was in the game.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    But that John wasn't already dead before he was killed. We're talking about the dreambubble ghosts of (heroically/justly) slain godtier characters here. Is the ghost of a dead immortal also immortal?
    Oh, that kind of dead god tier. This whole would business would lose a whole lot of narrative oomph if they didn't stay dead.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    Oh, that kind of dead god tier. This whole would business would lose a whole lot of narrative oomph if they didn't stay dead.
    Yeah, this seems to be pretty much cleaning the stage, destroying all the extras in one vicious boost to LE's reputation.

I wonder if it's truly as bad as it seems though. Does this mean everything in every dream bubble is now gone? That all the Prescratch trolls and two thirds of the Postscratch trolls have all completely ceased to be? The horrorterrors (who we'll eventually find out aren't entirely evil) are maimed, bleeding, and possibly dying? All that's left are 8 kids and 4 trolls for heroes.

That said... *shudder* The Huss knows how to do a game-changer.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-07-28 at 06:56 PM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

As the resident Lord English fanboy around here, I just want to say I pretty much spent most of that update freaking the frack out. >_>

13. - Top - End - #523

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeka View Post
    Oh no. Oh no. Oh nooooooo

Spoiler
    Show
    Does this mean that the dead trolls/humans that were in that/those bubble/bubbles (I'm not too sure if he wrecked one or two) are dead forever? Or did he just destroy the whole afterlife?

Either way, just knowing that he can destroy afterlives is just... horrendous. What will happen to Calliope now??
    That's as dead as they'll ever get. If you go frame by frame you can see that the blast actually tore all the flesh off their bones before vaporizing that. This wasn't some kind of teleport beam or knockback attack or anything, this was an attack capable of destroying an entire pantheon's worth of gods in one hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Yeah, this seems to be pretty much cleaning the stage, destroying all the extras in one vicious boost to LE's reputation.

I wonder if it's truly as bad as it seems though. Does this mean everything in every dream bubble is now gone? That all the Prescratch trolls and two thirds of the Postscratch trolls have all completely ceased to be? The horrorterrors (who we'll eventually find out aren't entirely evil) are maimed, bleeding, and possibly dying? All that's left are 8 kids and 4 trolls for heroes.

Do we know that all the dream bubbles were within that one? Or could some iterations have escaped?

EDIT: Update Sort of. Well, now we know for certain that was the EOA6A3 flash
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-07-28 at 07:27 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

15. - Top - End - #525
    Banned

Anyone else notice how the accretion disk of the sun had...images of what could be the horrorterrors in it?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Do we know that all the dream bubbles were within that one? Or could some iterations have escaped?
    I'd think Aradia and dead Vriska/Tavros/AH would be at least glimpsed in the flash if it was supposed to show all the dream-bubble characters dying permanently - they've all had some screen time, dialog and minor development since they croaked or decided to hang out in the dream bubbles. So I'm thinking the flash just showed LE vaporizing one bubble.

And totally unrelated, Caliborn might just manage to be the most adorable psycho killer in paradox space. (But the competition is fierce.)
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-07-28 at 10:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

And totally unrelated, Caliborn might just manage to be the most adorable psycho killer in paradox space. (But the competition is fierce.)
    The one tooth makes his grin look very smug. Unrelatedly, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a game of SBURBage Worlds to get their homestuck fix during the hiatus?
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

18. - Top - End - #528
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    The one tooth makes his grin look very smug. Unrelatedly, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a game of SBURBage Worlds to get their homestuck fix during the hiatus?
    I would definitely be up for that if people are okay with having someone new to the system (I've read it - or at least the bits relevant to SBURBage Worlds - but haven't played it yet). Though Savage Worlds initiative system might be a bit weird in a play-by-post, if I'm not completely misremembering.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    I would definitely be up for that if people are okay with having someone new to the system (I've read it - or at least the bits relevant to SBURBage Worlds - but haven't played it yet). Though Savage Worlds initiative system might be a bit weird in a play-by-post, if I'm not completely misremembering.
    I'd just have to make a complex chart. I'd happily have a new player, but for a proper session we'd need at least one other person.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

20. - Top - End - #530
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd just have to make a complex chart. I'd happily have a new player, but for a proper session we'd need at least one other person.
    So... long time lurker on this thread and the site in general, but this game idea intrigues me too much. I'll read through the rules for SBURBage Worlds, but I've played Savage Worlds before and have a decent understanding of the basic rules.
    Kaalia Verk avatar by Rauthiss.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Curious View Post
    So... long time lurker on this thread and the site in general, but this game idea intrigues me too much. I'll read through the rules for SBURBage Worlds, but I've played Savage Worlds before and have a decent understanding of the basic rules.
    Awesome! I'll post a recruitment thread on the PbP forum.

Here we are.
    Last edited by lord pringle; 2012-07-29 at 12:36 AM.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post

That dream bubble was blue - the one the trollcestor kids were in was purple. They're fine.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Barbarian in the Playground

A thought. In that flash, we saw Lord English land on a Quest Bed. Next to him were parts of Derse and Prospit. Are Dream Bubble Quest Beds/Crypts fully functional? Could the Trolls theoretically Ascend on a bed in a Dream Bubble?

UNRELATED EDIT: There's a little flashing light on the end graphic. About level with the top of the black hole, on the underside of the main tendril leading from the sun. Art error? Or CONSPIRACY?
    Last edited by The_Final_Stand; 2012-07-29 at 10:18 AM.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems likely. Gamzee must have ascended somewhere and it doesn't like there'd be a rage bed in the trolls' meteor or the alternate universe kids' session.

EDIT:
    Or Gamzee just sewed himself up some bitching duds. The man's a sucker for a codpiece.
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-07-29 at 11:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Seems likely. Gamzee must have ascended somewhere and it doesn't like there'd be a rage bed in the trolls' meteor or the alternate universe kids' session.

EDIT:
    Or Gamzee just sewed himself up some bitching duds. The man's a sucker for a codpiece.
    There's also the possibility that he ascended a long time ago; we have seen something that looked an awful lot like his quest bed would beforehand.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

26. - Top - End - #536
    Barbarian in the Playground

There's also the possibility that he ascended a long time ago; we have seen something that looked an awful lot like his quest bed would beforehand.
    For reference:
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2l7w4wvT61qge6d4.gif
    Pay attention to the top right corner.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zejety View Post
    For reference:
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2l7w4wvT61qge6d4.gif
    Pay attention to the top right corner.
    Don't trolls have quest recupracoons?
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

And keep that majestic codpiece a secret? I didn't think he was that crazy.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Don't trolls have quest recupracoons?
    They do.

BUT! speaking of gamzee, i was in a skype chat with someone, and we realized something...

Maybe Gamzee just saved Tavros and Viriska from LE. I mean if self-distructing from sprite-form caused them to go to a new dreambubble, and not the big one that was just attacked...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

They do.
    IIRC their ascension structures looked pretty much like the Kids, they just didn't call them "Beds" because they don't recognize them as such. I want to say 'Quest Slab' was the term used, although that might have just been the term the fandom settled on as a generic.