Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

So they come out as tiny imps?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    So they come out as tiny imps?
    Size won't be a problem for Jade.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Size won't be a problem for Jade.
    Dam I want to make an innuendo about that.

Yes, I knew that size would not be a problem, but I think that something will go wrong and she won't have that level of powers to change their sizes again.

edit:

Now I see my new nightmares for the year. Read the text at the bottom of the poster.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

you know...

The scratch changed the portals to go to the scratched universe right?

So that means (unless at least a partial reckoning still happens somehow) that's the same frog temple as in the pre-scratch version of he universe.

Is there going to be some sburb disks, a white king, and a second bec noir popping out of that thing at some point?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    you know...

So that means (unless at least a partial reckoning still happens somehow) that's the same frog temple as in the pre-scratch version of he universe.

Is there going to be some sburb disks, a white king, and a second bec noir popping out of that thing at some point?
    Since that'd mean it'd also contain a second Becquerel, I doubt that's the case.

I think the answer here is going to be something stupid, like the Condesce throwing the meteors at Skaia instead.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post

As I understand it, only certain specific meteors were sent to B2. The eight ectobaby meteors are the only ones sent for certain. It could be that the temple came from the B2 session, but if that never gets shot at Skaia then it could turn out to have been from B1 all along, in which case we would see the Writ Keeper again (that guy just has to have some significance in the story to come) as well as a fifth Jack.

I wonder if there is a temple somewhere on earth for every other session as well. Are there still other sessions post-scratch? Are they all void? If not, why don't we get hit by alternate-session reckonings?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Well the empress does have both Sollux and Aradia's psionic powers, so it's possible she hurls the neccicary metiors towards skaia.

as for the other human sessions.. that is a very good question. i suppose its possible that while there were multiple human sessions on pre-scratch earth, there arent on post-scratch for whatever reason.

And i think the frog temple only exists for the session that makes the first guardian, and since there is only one of those per planet, there would only be one temple per planet. (two in the case of Alternia, but they had the whole duality thing going on for whatever reason.)
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

You know, up until that flash, I never really considered the possibility Liv/Terry could have survived the explosion. Had anyone?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Couldn't it have theoretically survived if either Dirk or Rose had capchalogued it right before the explosion?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

We know their strife syllabi survived, since Dave still had the Deringer. we don't know about their captchalogues, I don't think, but it's possible.

Also, more specifically about the update:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boner.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jake might enter soon. I'm calling that his planet is the Land of Memorials and Xenon.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

uu is seriously freaking me out. He genuinely feels like he honestly believes that he is not cheating.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

UU seems way more aggressive here (even before the cheating), or is it just me?

Seems like Hussie is into chess - he put a lot of effort into that.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That was ridiculously bad sportsmanship. Honestly, I'm surprised that UU continued to play the game after uu's stunt was revealed. I guess wounded pride played a big part in what was going on.
    Last edited by Teln; 2012-06-08 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground

This seems to add more evidence to the uu/UU are the same person theory. They were playing on the same chess board, and blocking the other apparently won't help. Or Hussie is just trying to troll us again.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Or Hussie is just trying to troll us again.
    Isn't it the default assumption? Also an obvious reference to Complacency of the Learned.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    This seems to add more evidence to the uu/UU are the same person theory. They were playing on the same chess board, and blocking the other apparently won't help. Or Hussie is just trying to troll us again.
    One person, but with two suitably different personalities, such that each personality has it's own dreamself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    One person, but with two suitably different personalities, such that each personality has it's own dreamself.
    There was a precedence with Sollux, so why not?
    Last edited by Radar; 2012-06-08 at 11:23 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

At first, I was raging at uu right alongside UU, but as it continued on, I actually gained a bit of grudging respect for uu. As underhanded as it may seem, he was playing by the rules, and the lengths he went to to hide his deception without breaking said rules is actually kinda impressive. UU, on the other hand, lost points to me for losing her cool as soon as something unexpected happened. She's obviously the better chess player there, but she's not without her own flaws as well. In a less structured game than chess, she would probably fare much worse.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Do you know what the term for swapping pieces in the middle of a game is? "Cheating". If I'd been in UU's shoes, I would have refused to continue the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Do you know what the term for swapping pieces in the middle of a game is? "Cheating". If I'd been in UU's shoes, I would have refused to continue the game.
    But he didn't swap the pieces. He just dolled them up a bit. If UU had captured the "queen" at any point, he'd have lost.

Obviously it wouldn't fly in any sort of official chess tournament, but my inner prankster approves heartily.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

That was fair in the same way jigsaw doesn't kill anybody (they kill themselves)

Aka total bullocks.

UU could have just announced that they where playing Calvin ball the whole time and then proceed to win. As equal a strategy.

This just shows how underhand and guile uu is.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarNorth View Post
    But he didn't swap the pieces. He just dolled them up a bit. If UU had captured the "queen" at any point, he'd have lost.

Obviously it wouldn't fly in any sort of official chess tournament, but my inner prankster approves heartily.
    I'll admit I don't know the real minutae of how chess rules work, but I'm pretty sure deliberately altering pieces to mislead the other player as to their identity probably violates some sort of rule.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not saying uu isn't a bad guy or a jerk or anything, but if somebody pulled the same trick on ME in a game of chess, I'd give them a high five.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I'll admit I don't know the real minutae of how chess rules work, but I'm pretty sure deliberately altering pieces to mislead the other player as to their identity probably violates some sort of rule.
    It violates the spirit of chess, but not the literal rules. The more telling bit is that UU let it get under her skin so easily. In a very structured environment like chess played between two people that respect each other, UU does very well, as evidenced by the fact that she won all of the previous games. However, in a real-world environment where there are no rules and your opponent is guaranteed to defy your expectations, she crashes and burns very quickly. Being able to win a game of chess is good and all, but if you can't adapt to changing circumstances, you'll fail again and again.

uu may not technically be as smart as UU, but he can think outside the box and find solutions even when the odds seem impossible. In a slightly different light with a more likeable character, this kind of shenanigan is often seen as a good thing. See: The conclusion of Ender's Game, or Kobayashi Maru from Star Trek.

Edit: Also, I find it very ironic that UU was going on about uu was a poor sport, and then immediately once she realized she was losing, she showed herself to be no better. (or at least, not much better)
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2012-06-08 at 03:44 PM.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

So, is this foreshadowing a hidden swap of dersite or prospitian king/queen? And in yes, on what session?
    Last edited by RebelRogue; 2012-06-08 at 05:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Haha i found an error.

uranianUmbra [UU] began cheering undyingUmbrage [uu]
    UU: king to e3.
    uranianUmbra [UU] ceased cheering undyingUmbrage [uu]

undyingUmbrage [uu] began jeering uranianUmbra [UU]
    uu: ROOK TO E3.
    uu: CHECK.
    They just moved their peices to the same place!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRogue View Post
    So, is this foreshadowing a hidden swap of dersite or prospitian king/queen? And in yes, on what session?
    Hmm, when you try to select Roxy a pic of Dirk is shown and vice versa. Could be connected.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRogue View Post
    B2WQ has a sceptre