New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

She really doesn't have much to say to him.

Also, Kurloz is terrifying. Plus, is he

Spoiler
    Show
    using Chucklevoodoo on Meulin to mind control her?

Also, I get the distinct impression there's a reason the Beforus trolls were so spectacularly unsuccessful, and that reason stitched his mouth shut.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

This update has almost completely confirmed that Jake English will probably be one of the ones to take down Lord English.

I'm assuming he is using his chucklevoodoos.

The question I have about Kurloz is: what prompted the dream that made him go insane(er)? Gamzee via time shenanigans? LE directly? Who knows.

The biggest thing from the flash, for me, is that it's making me really look forward to the next flash.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    [spoiler]
    Just found an Easter Egg.

Spoiler
    Show

You can have Hussie go on a date with Cronus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's all just a ploy to get to sea dad!

Also must resist urge to pointless point out it isn't a flash, but a HTML5... aww I failed
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2012-09-24 at 09:45 AM.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's all just a ploy to get to sea dad!

Also must resist urge to pointless point out it isn't a flash, but a HTML5... aww I failed
    Spoiler
    Show
    THE DATE RUSE WAS A...........

DISTACTION

I'm sorry, it had to be said.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Just found an Easter Egg.
    HOW GET??? O__O

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Frogwarrior View Post
    HOW GET??? O__O
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Cronus go in to the bush below and left of his starting location and when you don't seem to move anymore, hit space. You can clearly what I'm talking about if you check the map
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

I now ship Karkat/Meenah harder then ever
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Concerning Meenah
    Spoiler
    Show

she is clearly eight types of evilcrazy. I would say she's simply rebelling against the compulsory compassion of Beforian society and leave it at that, except her method of rebelling involves murder.

really, the only thing separating her from Fish Hitler is that she never had power.

I'm not sure why all the other Beforian trolls seem to like her. Maybe they are grateful for her Dream Bubble Gambit letting them continue to exist, or maybe they came to tolerate her over the course of their session, during which time Sburb provided her with a steady stream of imps and ogres that could serve as targets for her murderous impulses.

Either way, she's an amusing character.

Concerning the new trolls.
    Spoiler
    Show

Cronus is basically the Fandom's portrayal of Eridan (Totally desperate) turned to 11, with more sinister undertones. The way he talks up his lack of interest in the hemospectrum to Meenah, only to go off on a pro-seadweller rant at Captain Helmet.

Speaking of Captain Helmet, it's almost like Hussie remembered that Sollux used to be bipolar (Which lasted exactly one update, after which Sollux's personality was just kind of pessimistic/apathetic until he went blind) and built that in to this guy, only he's all but incomprehensible.

This guy wins my coveted "Most Annoying Quirk" award. His disability seems to exist only as bait for a Kanriki Rant.

Meulin: Direct parody of the Tumblr Fangirl, fond of shipping, excessive displays of emotion, and Reaction Gifs. Also a good portion of Hussie saying to the fandom "THIS IS YOU! THIS IS HOW DUMB YOU SOUND!"

The whole "Secretly a Clown Cultist" thing is new though. Unless, if Meulin is a parody of Homestuck Fans, that represents Gamzee's popularity among the Fandom.

Kurloz wins the Creepy Award. Why do I have a feeling that Mituna destroyed his brain stopping some scheme of Kurloz's.

The real standout of this flash was Karkat, who gets to be basically the only sympathetic character in this flash (Well, besides Terezi, who is hardly in it), as well as being the voice of Hussie here. "These characters are largely one-dimensional shallow parodies. Kid Redglare's "Rad Girl" thing is just an Act! Kanriki is actually just a smug douchebag!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #909
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Concerning Meenah
    Spoiler
    Show

she is clearly eight types of evilcrazy. I would say she's simply rebelling against the compulsory compassion of Beforian society and leave it at that, except her method of rebelling involves murder.

really, the only thing separating her from Fish Hitler is that she never had power.

I'm not sure why all the other Beforian trolls seem to like her. Maybe they are grateful for her Dream Bubble Gambit letting them continue to exist, or maybe they came to tolerate her over the course of their session, during which time Sburb provided her with a steady stream of imps and ogres that could serve as targets for her murderous impulses.

Judging by her conversations this flash, it seems like they didn't, mostly. Being dead seems to have helped more than anything.

Concerning the new trolls.
    Spoiler
    Show

Meulin: Direct parody of the Tumblr Fangirl, fond of shipping, excessive displays of emotion, and Reaction Gifs. Also a good portion of Hussie saying to the fandom "THIS IS YOU! THIS IS HOW DUMB YOU SOUND!"

The whole "direct parody" thing isn't that new either. Most of the original trolls were just Hussie openly mocking the stupid people that filled the internet circa 2009 or so. Since entirely new types of stupid, stupid people now fill the internet he's making new trolls just to continue to mock them.

I mean look at the trolls, not a single one of them isn't a failure in at least one capacity. I mean even ones like Vriska, who are obsessed with winning, are stupid in how they do things to the point where they damage their own chances and stop themselves from truly winning thanks to their own stupidity and personal flaws.

Alternia is the rough, angry part of the internet full of angry idiots and powergamers and whiny idiots who outside their games couldn't function as people to save their lives. Beforus is the whiny hugbox bit that can't function in real life either since they aren't really "better".

Which is why those top tier homestuck donations are so hilarious to me. I still can't believe people are handing over ten thousand dollars just so Andrew can essentially mock them personally and then slaughter their fan characters instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

On the new flash:
    Spoiler
    Show

On Mituna:
    I actually feel very sorry for him. He is too incoherent to really offend anyone when he is being angry jerk part of bipolar, yet then flips to doormat bipolar and can't really speak for himself. He basically cannot communicate effectively with anyone, he lost his awesome psionic powers in some way to foil some threat- probably something Kurloz was trying to do- and all he gets for it is an eternity of forever hanging out with a bunch of people who don't like him while his brain is all messed up.

On Cronus:
    I can just imagine Eridan meeting this guy and just cackling like crazy at the knowledge that his ancestor wasn't that good at the romance thing either, despite being the complete opposite of Eridan in all other ways. Eridan would be like "Ha! We both suck at romance! paradox space just loves screwing with us doesn't it?" Cronus on the other hand would be like "oh don't be like that, I just need to teach you a few pointers, make you a little more confident and…" of course, zero times two is still zero, and they would continue to fail at romance.

On Meulin:
    Now her, I imagine that if Nepeta met her, she would be jealous. I mean, Meulin is basically Nepeta 2.0, more extroverted, more successful….yea I can see her Nepeta being jealous of Meulin….other than that? don't really have much thoughts about her…

Kurloz:
    Meh. Too obvious. I don't really care for Gamzee, and neither do I really care for him, they are both just…evil people. not much to say.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

My two cents on the new pre-scratch trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kronus: He's the fandom's Eridan, turned up to 11, like people have said. That on it's own would merely make him mildly amusing. What I dislike about him is how he treats Mituna; And, to be fair, even Meenah thinks he crossed a line there.

Mituna: His typing quirk aside (Which I don't mind too much anymore. It's not so bad, once you get the hang of reading it. Would probably get annoying if he was a main character, though), I kind of like him. You just have to feel sorry for the guy; He sounds like he was a decent guy to be around prior to his accident.

Kurloz: My initial opinion of him (drawn from the pantomime with Meulin) that he was kind of spooky, kind of funny, kind of cute, sort of like the fandom likes to portray Sopor-Gamzee. Then Meulin gave him the codpiece. Ow, my neck hurts from the whiplash there. I really want to see him get some sort of comeuppance somewhere. Hmm... I wonder if he realizes Lord English is most likely going to kill him as well? On the one hand, I could see his fanatic devotion welcoming that. On the other hand, he didn't mention that.

Meulin: Alright, who left the caffeine out for Nepeta. Meulin is basically a super caffeinated Nepeta, only with a terrifying relationship with Kurloz instead of a sweet relationship with Equius. Kind of cute, but I suspect she'd get annoying if she got too much screen time.

Other Developments: Meenah continues to grow on me. While she's still a jerk, she tries to stand up for Mituna, and her interaction with Meulin is funny. Also, she gets some funny moments with Aranea, and she's very nice to Terezi and Karkat here.

Karkat's talk with Terezi is very sweet. I don't care if she's currently with Dave, Karkat <3 Terezi OTP. Although I have to say I'm interested in how Karkat/Meenah will turn out. Karkat <> Meenah maybe?

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Jegus, but I found the twist extremely disturbing

Kurloz just brain-controlled Meulin and apparently has been a secret disciple of Lord English the whole time. Which, of course, fits together with The Cult of Juggalos being introduced to Highblood society by Doc Scratch -- they just secretly worshiped Lord English the whole time through the veil of the Juggalo so that nobody took them seriously.

I mean, there's evil and there's Evil. Kurloz secretly sabotaging the Beforus Game (likely forcing Captain Helmet to burn his brain out), mindraping his former Matespirit into his slave to enact the plan that forced the Scratch and the reshaping of the Troll Universe into one more friendly to Lord English. And remember when Gamzee was revealed to be the most important character in Homestuck? It's because he's behind everything.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Flash stuff

Spoiler
    Show

Cronus is like 1950s cooldude douchebag Eridan, not much to see. He's a creep and a jerk, but with so little screentime, he doesn't have Eridan's comedy to bump him up to "worth remembering".

OH MY GOD MITUNA. CHILL ON THE DAMN NUMBERS. I could barely read anything he said, through the terrible mustard stain color and numbers everywhere. I basically extrapolated what was said by others' reactions. The incident with the psionic overload is sad, though, especially in that it caused his current state. Also, his helmet reminded me a lot of a certain Masked Man's helmet...intentional Mother reference? Probably coincidence.

Meulin's hand signs were hilarious. I chose to interpret them literally, making her first thing said to Kurloz "TOTODILE LOVES YOU".

Kurloz is typical creepy crazy clown jazz, not much to see either; I thought his interaction with Meulin was creepier than anything, though. Something about turning your ex-matesprit into (what I perceived as) a deadpan cultist, only when she is around you, just sets off "creepy" signals. The whole "serving LE" thing was a shock though.

Ace Dick Imitation was the best character in this HTML5 file, imo.

Overall, the new trolls don't really have enough screentime to make me want to remember any of them, except maybe Meenah and uh...Maryam lady.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-09-24 at 10:24 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Concerning Meenah
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Meenah seems to have a soft spot for rebels and iconoclasts as a rule, and most of the Beforian trolls seem to fit that mold. She likes Latula, although Latula apparently considered her a rival before, and seems to get along well with Porrim, being surprisingly respectful of her opinions and desires. She's also a lot less hostile to Mituna than she is to most of the other trolls (and seems to like him more than most of the other trolls do), although as Cronos was quick to point out, she's harder on him than she'd like to admit. And of course she's friends with Aranea, although that seems to have been mainly Aranea's doing.

We'll have to see what she thinks of the Rogue of Breath and the Page of Void, but she's had decent interactions with four of her companions already, so combining that with a bit of cunning and trickery and I can see why they kept her around.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Cult of Juggalos being introduced to Highblood society by Doc Scratch
    Considering We're talking about a pre-scratch Juggalo cultist here, i think it's safe to assume that's untrue.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

Well I think we now know who is the scariest player of all the sessions is.

Spoiler
    Show
    It doesn't matter who you are, where you are, as soon as two people are sharing feelings, Kankri is ready to pounce on them with a long winded uncomprehensible p6liticaly c9rrect rant. If that's not scarry then I don't know what is.

I actualy kinda liked kankri (well not disliked too intensly anyway in the last update but here he's being even more condscending and douchebaggy in his rant. ugh.)

What ? Sweet silent Kurloz ? What about him ? I'm sure there is no mind control, brothers, go back to your normal frolicking or I'll spill your blood as my wicked elixir.
    But seriosuly I found him not that scarry TBH.

Mintula speech makes Feferi or calliborn almost look good in comparaison. ddin't even bother to even try read half of what he says.

Meulin feels like a blander Nepeta to me. The whole miming video things I really didn't get.

Cronus is eh, pretty mausing but why msut all these new trolls be so damn long winded. I know hussie as never been one for tight writting but sometime there's such a thing as beauty in simplicity.

Meenah is still an horrible bitch.

Bleh, frankly pretty much every character introduced after the end of Act 5 i have a hard time liking.

Considering We're talking about a pre-scratch Juggalo cultist here, i think it's safe to assume that's untrue.
    (Yeah but he's being treated by the other pre scratch troll as an isolated nutcase. At least that's howIi got it.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-09-24 at 11:23 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    (Yeah but he's being treated by the other pre scratch troll as an isolated nutcase. At least that's howIi got it.)
    Maybe he's the one who founded the whole religion in post-scratch then? The fact that he follows it pre-scratch indicates it's likely hardwired into him if he is infact the exeption rather then the rule, and his highblood status does make him living a long time to spread the word of the religion a feasable idea.

Just saying just because something exists post-scratch and not pre-scrach doesn't mean it's all because of doc-scratch.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It doesn't matter who you are, where you are, as soon as two people are sharing feelings, Kankri is ready to pounce on them with a long winded uncomprehensible p6liticaly c9rrect rant. If that's not scarry then I don't know what is.

[snip]

Meulin feels like a blander Nepeta to me. The whole miming video things I really didn't get.

Spoiler
    Show
    Speculation: Kankri is really Lord English. Because he's always Already There whenever you're not being PC enough.Just joking. And then it turns out I'm right somehow.

As for Meulin, she's miming memes (pronounced mee-ms).
    ... yeah, that's the pun. Memes. Mimes.
    It was funnier when I realized it, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Meulin's hand signs were hilarious. I chose to interpret them literally, making her first thing said to Kurloz "TOTODILE LOVES YOU".

K

Spoiler
    Show
    So the hand signals were nonsense signals? Seeing how much Hussie used meaningful Morse code in the past I wasn't sure if they could be dismissed. They looked like short one worders in alphabet hand signals.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So the hand signals were nonsense signals? Seeing how much Hussie used meaningful Morse code in the past I wasn't sure if they could be dismissed. They looked like short one worders in alphabet hand signals.
    I'm pretty sure they're all ASL (American Sign Language). You might be able to deduce a meaning from them, but I am not sure if there was intended to be one.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Karkat is the best.

Karkat++

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my good jegus, people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    TAVROS' ANCESTOR IS A GOD TIER RUFIO. MIND=BLOWN

Also,
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really liked Karkat's little speech to Terezi. He seemed so mature about the whole thing, and didn't even come off as a jerk! Karkles earns another point in my book.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

I am hoping for some Jack-related character development right now.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    Oh my good jegus, people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    TAVROS' ANCESTOR IS A GOD TIER RUFIO. MIND=BLOWN
    I can't believe I didn't see this coming...
    Homebrew Directory
    Best summation of Internet arguments:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Commander Forums
    And now I leave you to rant and rave over how I just don't get it with a smug sense of self-satisfaction, I leave with a smug sense of self-satisfaction over having made a pointless reply to a pointless rant on the internet

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Now the question is...
    WILL HE BE AS AWESOME AS RUFIO!?
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Now I'm curious.

Does this mean Dante paid Hussie to have his troll made? I mean, Dante is among the small sub set of the fandom who could actually afford that reward.
    Last edited by Sipex; 2012-09-26 at 09:37 AM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sipex View Post
    Now I'm curious.

Does this mean Dante paid Hussie to have his troll made? I mean, Dante is among the small sub set of the fandom who could actually afford that reward.
    I don't think so; Rufio was part of the trollverse way before Dante started reading Homestuck - it was the very reason people shown him Homestuck. Granted, he was never confirmed as being real, but him being Tavros's ancestor was almost inevitable.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Why Terezi didn't show Karkat her eyes...

Spoiler
    Show

if it kills me
    if it kills me

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Why Terezi didn't show Karkat her eyes...

Spoiler
    Show

Lamest. Headcanon. Ever.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

The whole miming video things I really didn't get.
    It was a parody of tumblr.