New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

Wow that got awkward quick.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kanaya doesn't seem to be all that into it, judging by experessions. Which is understandable considering how much Rose is slurring.

Also, it occours to me that what this comic needs is a really HATEFUL human, or to have a human get angrier than they've ever been. I mean the trolls can fly into a rage at the drop of a hat, but they can't really hold a grudge.

I'd love it if they finally make it off the meteor, then like, Davesprite shows up and just stabs Terezi through the chest. Partially because it'd be rather clear on the divide between Human and Troll morality, and partially because I'm still miffed nobody remembers that she killed his best friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'd love it if they finally make it off the meteor, then like, Davesprite shows up and just stabs Terezi through the chest. Partially because it'd be rather clear on the divide between Human and Troll morality, and partially because I'm still miffed nobody remembers that she killed his best friend.
    Actually, Davesprite harboring a lot of anger for Terezi makes a lot of sense on more levels than that. The initial trust could partly just be relief at, in some way, getting his best friend back. But now? Davesprite could justifiably feel that the Alpha-timeline John isn't his John (and thus, he didn't get his best friend back), and, more to the point, that Terezi ruined his entire life.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kanaya doesn't seem to be all that into it, judging by experessions. Which is understandable considering how much Rose is slurring.

Also, it occours to me that what this comic needs is a really HATEFUL human, or to have a human get angrier than they've ever been. I mean the trolls can fly into a rage at the drop of a hat, but they can't really hold a grudge.

Amusingly it took my a moment to figure out who you meant... Yeah, she killed a copy of John, but that was in another timeline and it's really hard to maintain blame on someone for how something could have turned out, especially once they learn their lesson and really try to be helpful instead. Heck, Jade's actions turned Jack into both the Sovereign Slayer and Bec Noir and nobody holds here that accountable, despite the fact that Bec Noir then went on to kill all the remaining human guardians, all the remaining troll dream-selves, and three out of five (and maimed a fourth) of the Exiles.

Oddly, the closest we've gotten to an unstoppable rage from the humans seems to John of all people. And Rose had her little Grimdark phase in which she was spiteful and violent and only snapped out of it once she was killed. But I disagree with you on wanting a hateful person. Sure, a little more outrage at the horrible things that happen might be called for, but a jackass human (more so than Dirk, anyway) wouldn't be interesting long-term. Heck, they've even weeded out the jackass trolls, and possibly for the same reason: after a while, that kind of character gets tiring and the only way to keep a story compelling is to either let them mature (Karkat), die (Vriska), or become a full-on villain and then probably die (Eridan). After a while, you just want everyone to get along (to a certain degree, anyway) and get down to the business of hunting the bad guys, who can frankly be jackasses to their hearts content.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Wooooo!

Please oh please oh please oh please go well...
    Double Woooo!
    Spoiler
    Show
    They kissed! I can't believe it, but it is true! Wooo!

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it appears that the first date will be like the first conversation.
    Despite everything, its still me.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Wooooo!

Please oh please oh please oh please go well...
    Congratulations, Shadow. ^^

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Does anybody else notice those stairs?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow - the glow is just like a heartbeat.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Does anybody else notice those stairs?
    I have.

My only regret is that Dave has not warned them about the stairs.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    I have.

My only regret is that Dave has not warned them about the stairs.
    I noticed them too, but my only regret is that Kanaya missed an excellent opportunity to use the phrase "Exanguinating Circumstances".

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Aaaaaaand that was entirely predictable.

Thankfully, Rose won't get hurt.

NEW UPDATE

Hussie you are a horrible troll.
    HORRIBLE.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

13. - Top - End - #1093

The best joke is one played on the reader. I found it hilarious.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, me too.

I especially loved the little wink.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out HUSSIEEEEEE!!!!!

It's a rare situation, when you are trolled and find it hilarious instead of irritating.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

16. - Top - End - #1096

RedWizardGuy

Hussie, you sonuva*****. I go away from the Internet for two days, and not only is one of my favorite ships declared canon while I'm gone, but now you pull this stunt. I'd be furious if I wasn't so amused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

17. - Top - End - #1097

Fun fact: I closed my browser tab on accident when the loading progress was at around 95%. So I had to load it twice.

18. - Top - End - #1098

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Amusingly it took my a moment to figure out who you meant... Yeah, she killed a copy of John, but that was in another timeline and it's really hard to maintain blame on someone for how something could have turned out, especially once they learn their lesson and really try to be helpful instead. Heck, Jade's actions turned Jack into both the Sovereign Slayer and Bec Noir and nobody holds here that accountable, despite the fact that Bec Noir then went on to kill all the remaining human guardians, all the remaining troll dream-selves, and three out of five (and maimed a fourth) of the Exiles.
    Yeah, but he is from that could have been. It's not a possibility or just another thing that happened, to him that was the reality he lived in for about months.

And heck, I'd take ANY grudges at this point. A real, weighty grudge that lasts that doesn't come from Parcel Mistress or something.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but he is from that could have been. It's not a possibility or just another thing that happened, to him that was the reality he lived in for about months.

And heck, I'd take ANY grudges at this point. A real, weighty grudge that lasts that doesn't come from Parcel Mistress or something.
    Sometimes You Just Have To Let Things Go

It's been/will be three years man, not even adding in the monts he lived in the alt timeline or all the time he spent timetraveling. You can't hold on to a grudge forever. (unless you an immortal omnipitent person as ten or twelve years feels like ten or twelve secconds in some cases) but still.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-10-27 at 05:22 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100

Sometimes You Just Have To Let Things Go

It's been/will be three years man, not even adding in the monts he lived in the alt timeline or all the time he spent timetraveling. You can't hold on to a grudge forever. (unless you an immortal omnipitent person as ten or twelve years feels like ten or twelve secconds in some cases) but still.
    What irks me, is that EVERYONE is just letting thing go! It's kind of weird how not a single person is holding any kind of lasting grudge. I was fine with the first couple of times but even a couple of years is a bit short. You've got to remember Gamzee didn't just ruin a date or piss in someone's fruit loops. He killed two people. Likewise, Davesprite doesn't seem to have been to the dreambubbles, and he spent longer in the doomed timeline than the actual game about a hundred times over. He should absolutely still be sore that "his" friends are all dead and he got relegated to a beta role.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

maybe its a deconstruction of cliched drama? people are actually being reasonable about things given the extreme circumstances and are worrying about stuff you wouldn't expect them to worry about.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #1102

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    maybe its a deconstruction of cliched drama? people are actually being reasonable about things given the extreme circumstances and are worrying about stuff you wouldn't expect them to worry about.
    Yeah, but in this particular case being "reasonable" is probably going to screw them over. While they haven't seen much of it, Gamzee hasn't changed all that much. I mean, they haven't seen him anyway since he left pretty much right after so they have no reason to believe he's changed either.

I mean seriously though, all things considered there's no way not worrying about the murdering clown could be considered reasonable.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

yea…..thats the one weird exception that proves the rule. for some reason, no one is being more concerned about Gamzee, which I find confusing too, I can understand pretty much why all the other grudges aren't really there, but Gamzee……yeeeah…..

but then again….Skaian fate nonsense. guess they aren't fated to hold grudges or anything.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #1104

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    yea…..thats the one weird exception that proves the rule. for some reason, no one is being more concerned about Gamzee, which I find confusing too, I can understand pretty much why all the other grudges aren't really there, but Gamzee……yeeeah…..

but then again….Skaian fate nonsense. guess they aren't fated to hold grudges or anything.
    I dunno. Has Skaian fate ever really held through on an emotional level? I mean I remember it was supposed to work on Nanna/Hass, and the trolls believed Eridan and Feferi were hatched for each other. Those all failed. Fated emotional connections are pretty much bull in homestuck.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't like, EVERYBODY on the meteor see the "murderous clown" calmed down to hugging-level by Karkat?

Heck Dave Rose and Karkat probably figure that calmed him down for good, with Karkat being a consistant moirail he's probably thinking he's keeping the guy calm. Dave and Rose know this, so they figure the same thing.

Kanaya, she was angry at him for mudering her freinds probably, i don't know how she felt about equius and nepeta or why she was so mad in the first place.

But Terezi? THERE'S your lasting grudge. She hates the guy so much she's making out with him on a reguler basis. She wants him to pay for his crimes, justice, it's her thing. She obviously doesn't beleive karkat has magically cured Gamzee, and we know this because Gamzee just said they were Kismisi. Though i suppose until we hear it right from here there is always a possibility of him lieing.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1106

Didn't like, EVERYBODY on the meteor see the "murderous clown" calmed down to hugging-level by Karkat?

Heck Dave Rose and Karkat probably figure that calmed him down for good, with Karkat being a consistant moirail he's probably thinking he's keeping the guy calm. Dave and Rose know this, so they figure the same thing.

Kanaya, she was angry at him for mudering her freinds probably, i don't know how she felt about equius and nepeta or why she was so mad in the first place.

But Terezi? THERE'S your lasting grudge. She hates the guy so much she's making out with him on a reguler basis. She wants him to pay for his crimes, justice, it's her thing. She obviously doesn't beleive karkat has magically cured Gamzee, and we know this because Gamzee just said they were Kismisi. Though i suppose until we hear it right from here there is always a possibility of him lieing.
    That's terrible logic and you know it. I mean lets be honest, the guy only kept a consistent personality through years of constant drugs that are now gone. You'd think people would at least mention it, which they really haven't.

Kanaya was, if nothing else, acquaintances with those two. Their deaths should at least rate more than a passing mention.

As well, even among other blackrom examples(Spades/Queen, Mindfang/Dualscar), this relationship is extremley stupid and volatile. I mean Didn't the Mindfang/Dualscar thing END when Dualscar killed someone Mindfang only cared about in a vague sense?

Also, dude, you're going to want to spellcheck your post. You're messing up names, regular words, and tenses so badly it's getting a little hard to read what it is you're actually SAYING.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Jayngfet: I know it's a cop out, but you can't judge trolls on our morality or social mores. Trolls killing other trolls is...well, expected, almost. So that is why they aren't really holding grudges. Well, apart from Terezi.

As for Davesprite and stuff about Terezi: I'm pretty sure Alpha Dave would stop him, and Alpha Dave is far more skilled and capable than Davesprite is.
    Last edited by Shadow of the Sun; 2012-10-27 at 09:14 PM.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

@Shadow of the Sun; It's a simple distinction, but it's just Alteranian trolls for whom that is the case. So it doesn't seem to be a biological impulse, merely a cultural thing.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    @Shadow of the Sun; It's a simple distinction, but it's just Alteranian trolls for whom that is the case. So it doesn't seem to be a biological impulse, merely a cultural thing.
    I didn't mean to imply it was a biological thing.

Sorry, I'm an anthropology student. Cultural relativism and such is my bread and butter.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ettin in the Playground

More importantly, Davesprite is...well, he's Davesprite. Who knows what being made into a sprite does to your priorities. Also, a friend dying in an alternate timeline probably doesn't rile you up as much after seeing many versions of yourself end up the same way.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.